Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

The Official Duggar page posted a pic from later in the day showing that they had a joint birthday party. They wore matching dresses and held up signs saying "Happy 5th/6th birthday Josie/Jordyn!" So no, poor Lost Jordyn will not get her own party. Probably won't until she marries.

Well I feel better Jordyn's birthday was recognized even if it was shared w/Josie. And you're right-she'll never have her own party. At least it wasn't forgotten about like James' was that I posted about earlier.

Me & my sister's birthdays are a day apart. ( I was her birthday present when she was 5yrs old & yes there were many times she wanted to return me) We celebrated together at a family party but always had separate friends parties. I know that was due to age difference & having different friends but still our mom & dad made sure each of our birthdays was our special day.

You would think since the Duggars go on & on about how each child is a blessing (aren't all children blessings?), they would make a big deal out of each birthday. I know for Boob it's the $$$ involved since they only do a birthday lunch & usually just with their buddy group & the birthday present has to come from a pawn shop or a hospital gift shop. This family is just unbelievable!

• Love 2

The article doesn't even mention Jordyn's birthday. It is mentioned in the caption on the picture. I like how Boob said Josie was fragile for the first couple years. Yeah, that's why they dragged her overseas to foreign countries to end up getting sick there.

• Love 7

Gah! That up-schnozz shot of Jim Boob with his rictus grin will give me nightmares! (I would include it here but do not want to traumatize those who would rather be protected. It is the last picture in the People article.)  Poor Jordyn. I cannot wait for the first kid to escape this cult and hope s/he will rescue as many of the young ones as possible.

• Love 1

It's amazing how blind people can be to the favoritism they show their children. I would bet that JB and J'chelle don't think for one moment that they favor Josie over Jordyn -- and they are certainly not the first parents to do this.

It's just really sad to be a spectator on the sidelines and to see these kids (and it's not just Jordyn) who are so deprived of normal childhood activities. Even in a large family (especially in a large family), it just doesn't seem too much to ask that Jordyn should have a special day where she is the center of attention.

• Love 5

The only thing I can say about the article and favoritism/Jordyn not being mentioned is that Boob and Michelle don't have control over what the writer writes. They give an interview and the journalist make the story from there. Whomever wrote it may have just thought the quotes about Josie were more interesting and went with that. Their goal is page views, so they are going to focus on whatever they think will get them just that.

I did an interview assignment for a class. I interviewed someone for an hour and when I sat down to write my article, I was surprised how much *didn't* fit into the article and  the direction the article took as I was writing it. I didn't have a plan or an agenda, it just sort of developed as I went. I could have written another article that was completely different from the one I turned in with the interview stuff that didn't make it.

• Love 1

I don't know that they favor Josie over Jordyn (or other kids) as much as they favor her story. The kids are a means to a end... To further their television value and to increase their standing in the fundy world. The kids are viewed in those terms so Josie gets more attention because she is more marketable.

• Love 6

As these children get older the resentment is going to come to the surface and this family will implode.  A few who are true believes will stick around, but I'm not counting on that being many. Especially once they have their own families.  Boob admits he can't help all of his kids the same in marriage, but it seems he can't even provide the same recognition of a child on a birthday either. 

• Love 6

I don't know that they favor Josie over Jordyn (or other kids) as much as they favor her story. The kids are a means to a end... To further their television value and to increase their standing in the fundy world. The kids are viewed in those terms so Josie gets more attention because she is more marketable.

Absolutely. I agree it's not that they favor "Josie the person" over "Jordyn the person" it's just that Josie gives them an excuse to attention whore and draw the limelight to themselves (or should I say, Michelle). If you ever really pay attention to their interviews, Josie is only talked about in terms of Michelle's difficult pregnancy, her premature birth and her stay in the NICU. Josie's existence is defined solely by past events, not who she is now. It's very sad and Boob and Michelle are creating a dynamic where Josie's siblings are going to resent the hell out of her, if it's not happening already.

• Love 6

Absolutely. I agree it's not that they favor "Josie the person" over "Jordyn the person" it's just that Josie gives them an excuse to attention whore and draw the limelight to themselves (or should I say, Michelle). If you ever really pay attention to their interviews, Josie is only talked about in terms of Michelle's difficult pregnancy, her premature birth and her stay in the NICU. Josie's existence is defined solely by past events, not who she is now. It's very sad and Boob and Michelle are creating a dynamic where Josie's siblings are going to resent the hell out of her, if it's not happening already.

Especially since Josie the Lastborn - she is likely to be the last child - is automatically pegged, by her birth order position alone, to be viewed with a jealous eye and resented by her older siblings. 

I can't believe they did another Josie update of her birth on their family blog website. I know the Duggars don't write the articles but I'm sure they give ideas to the 2 leg humper ladies that write it. I'm sure by now they have to realize we all know the circumstances involving her birth. Of course it was mentioned on her Birthday post. I'm still hoping they at least mention Jordyn's birthday this week. Probably not since she was included in the Josie birthday extravaganza at McDonald's.

Since we've made repeated requests for posters to stay on topic we will be deleting all posts in this thread and other threads that are off-topic. The posts in question will be for the month of December. This is your final warning.

Poor Jordyn. I was reading their family blog site (which I know is written by a mother daughter team & is not official, but do feel the info is correct, most of the time) . There is article saying when Boob & MEchelle went to speak at a Christian university in Missouri in November, Jordyn got to come along to spend "one on one time with Mommy and Daddy." The first thing I thought was does MEchelle even know what "little" came with them? Jordyn probably didn't even know where she was at or why she was there. I wonder if she had to sit thru her parent's testimony & "words of encouragement". There was also a press conference. Maybe she got lucky & had a student watch her. Hopefully Mom & Dad took her out for the usual Duggar pizza lunch so they could get to know each other better. They also mentioned that the rest of the children stayed home under the care of Grandma Duggar.

I hope you have a nice 6th birthday Jordyn. I'm sure Jana & Jinger will bake you a cake to celebrate.

• Love 1

According to the official FB page, she got her ears pierced before Mechelle and the rest traipsed off for their "mission" trip in El Salvador. Poor girl didn't make a peep. They are pretty much trained not to cry from birth. When I thought about it, I realized I'd only seen one Duggar kid throw a tantrum, or even cry, and that was in the very first special (Mechelle "corrected" him and he shut up tout de suite). 

I hope Jana took her out to lunch or something. There's no word on IG at ALL from her "buddy," Jessa. Hell, even Famy sent a public message. Sad. :(

Edited by Sew Sumi

Good grief! One of the leg humpers responded to the Happy Birthday Jordyn article on the Duggar Family Blog. The person said they are tired of hearing that Jordyn is left out. "Of course Josie's needs took precedence when she was born. Jordyn had more love from ALL her siblings." There's more to it about how most preemie families don't have a lot of family members to adore & pay attention to them. That we aren't in their house 24/7....... The problem this leg humper didn't realize is that when Josie was out of the woods & came home, she was and still is the center of attention for MEchelle and Boob, and the rest of the kids got pushed to the side even further, mainly the lost little girls.

• Love 4

It's sweet 16 for Jeremiah and Jedidiah today.  The Duggars posted that "It will be neat to see what God does with these two young men's lives as they work together to impact the world for Christ!"  What G-d does with their lives?  How about what they do with their lives?  Oh, right, no free will in this family.  

• Love 1

It's sweet 16 for Jeremiah and Jedidiah today. The Duggars posted that "It will be neat to see what God does with these two young men's lives as they work together to impact the world for Christ!" What G-d does with their lives? How about what they do with their lives? Oh, right, no free will in this family.

They do have free will in the house! That's the big guys gift to them. And by the big guy I mean Jim Bob. He has his own church, ya know? Anyway- let me tell you of all the glorious gifts Jim Bob will bless his sons with! They can get courted, and married, and have precious sweet and neat little blessing babies. And if they're lucky enough, they'll even have jobs!

What more could a true upstanding man of Jim Bob want?

In all fairness, Josie was conceived on Father's Day...and Boob let the world know all about it out at the Redneck Water Slide.

Boob definitely needs a filter for his mouth.

I do remember on the Today Show when they were announcing Jubilee's pregnancy, he turned to Josh & said "I wonder how that happened?" Followed by the man-Duggar Yuk Yuk laugh.

I do remember on the Today Show when they were announcing Jubilee's pregnancy, he turned to Josh & said "I wonder how that happened?" Followed by the man-Duggar Yuk Yuk laugh.

Oh god, the mental image is horribad. Which also leads me to wonder, do you think any of the kids, or even grandma ever walked in on Jim Bob and MEchelle making babies? Edited by dillpickles

Are you fricking-kidding me?  On national television??  I've never seen the Duggars on early am TV.  But OMG - this hee-haw clodhopper really is stuck at age 15, isn't he?  Didn't his parents teach him any kind of manners? Deportment? Couth? Anything at all?  It's possible to imagine Boob making this kind of comment behind closed doors - with the rest of the AV squad - but on national television??  Where's "The Soup" when you need it?  This is exactly the kind of thing they always show...

Boob announced it when they announced Josie's pregnancy on the show. I feel like that was something we didn't need to know. 

Announced what when they announced about Josie?

Edited by NausetGirl
  • Love 2

A comment about in another thread about the quadruple date got me thinking. Have we ever seen the age appropriate teens just doing an activity with each other? Could Jana, JD and company ever go to the movies or mini golfing without the Howlers, Boob, or Michelle? If you are going to insist these kids are all best friends then let them act like it.

EWWWWW!!!!!!! That's sick and so inappropriate. 

I feel achingly sorry for the wee one, Jennifer? She never smiles, always looks very unhappy. Very surprised they haven't beaten her up yet to show sweet countenance.

The 3 young ones, except Josie whom I cannot stand, I would dearly love to take them away and show them what real love is like

• Love 4

Oh god, the mental image is horribad. Which also leads me to wonder, do you think any of the kids, or even grandma ever walked in on Jim Bob and MEchelle making babies?

Well they do have the extra lock on their bedroom door. Wonder if the regular door lock didn't work & they were interrupted when Sweet Fellowshipping.

Well they do have the extra lock on their bedroom door. Wonder if the regular door lock didn't work & they were interrupted when Sweet Fellowshipping.

They talk about sex all the time, serves them right if a kid walked in once.

(I somehow feel like Jana might have seen things she didn't want too, poor thing)

• Love 3

(I somehow feel like Jana might have seen things she didn't want too, poor thing)

Don't forget, it's Jana (Jinger or Joy) that has to clean the Love Den, change the sheets (blech!), & clean the bathroom. Those poor girls.

• Love 2

Why on earth would a kid walk in there? Kids usually go to parents rooms at night bc they need comfort - they're sick, scared, restless, etc, and want their parents. Duggar kids need their sistermoms for this, not JimBob and Michelle.

• Love 4

With 16 kids at home how do JimChelle find time for sex

Since the J'slaves & Grandma do all the work around the house, I'm sure they find plenty of time for Sweet Fellowshipping.

• Love 5

I hope I'm not being off topic for making comparisons, but one thing I observe about the Duggar children is that they all seem to be totally dependant on their parents. I do think that Jim Bob and Michelle have strongly encouraged this. Jim Bob has to provide jobs and homes for his children before they can marry. Having watched the new Bates show, I don't see this same dynamic with their kids. It seems that they are able to think and express themselves better than the Duggar offspring. 

• Love 6

Famy has a new man and suddenly as posted on the Pickles and Hairspray FB she is using a tweeter with his/her name on it. Yippee if she has found "the one!" We can now get our tinfoil dresses out again.

Famy has a new man and suddenly as posted on the Pickles and Hairspray FB she is using a tweeter with his/her name on it. Yippee if she has found "the one!" We can now get our tinfoil dresses out again.

Lol, like there are dozens of internet trolls out there just waiting to pounce on Famy's name so they can create fake FB and Instagram accounts.

• Love 1