Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

This is not technically another Duggar kid but my mind started wandering to Cousin Amy- who I just realized is always referred to as Amy Duggar.  How is this?  Her mom was a Duggar but got married - therefore her name would not still be Duggar.  So what is the deal with Amy?  What is her real name?  Either I haven't had enough coffee today or I'm not getting this at all. 

This is not technically another Duggar kid but my mind started wandering to Cousin Amy- who I just realized is always referred to as Amy Duggar.  How is this?  Her mom was a Duggar but got married - therefore her name would not still be Duggar.  So what is the deal with Amy?  What is her real name?  Either I haven't had enough coffee today or I'm not getting this at all.

Why wouldn't she be Amy Duggar? She was born to a single mom and given the name Duggar at birth. Did her mom take her new husband's name when she married? Even if she did, depending on old Amy was, it might not be worth changing her name, especially if her mom's husband didn't adopt her.

(Disclaimer: I don't know much about Amy, so none/very little of that might apply and she might just be using the last name as a recognizable fame thing.)

• Love 1

I'm think the story is that Amy's mom (Jim-Bob's sister) was living with/seeing a man, they got pregnant, and they had Amy. They weren't married and because of that Amy's dad was in and out of her life, and then sometime around 2004/2005 her mom and dad finally got married. But if she was given the last name of Duggar at birth (I don't know that for sure), it seems like it would be a bit late to change that when her parents finally got married (again, I don't know that for sure, either. It just seems late to me.)

• Love 1

Actually in one of the earlier years it showed he was very close to his sister and kept up a great relationship with her.  And despite Amy's differences in dress and so on, she had a great relationship with JB kids.  At this point in her life we don't see her as much, but she was my great hope for showing the girls by example that you could live a little differently and still be a great person.  You could still be "illegitiment" (pardon the word) and be a fine person.

• Love 1

That's what I was thinking. In Duggarland, Anna walking with a man other than her husband might cause infidelity. *insert barf here*

This is an example of the same thinking that got Amy excluded from the wedding party, IMO.  Amy doesn't practice the same brand of Christianity that the rest of the Duggars do.  IMO, Jill was 'encouraged' to only select people that met the Duggar religious standards to participate in the religious ceremony.   I had a friend who refused to ask her a very close friend to participate for just that reason. 

I think Amy's last name could be Duggar.  My parents weren't married when they had my siblings and I, so my mom gave us her last name.  She always told us that if she couldn't have his last name then neither should we.  They finally got married when I was 22 and it seemed moot to change my last name by then.  So my mom now has my dad's last name and her four kids have her maiden name.  I always just assumed that Amy was Duggar for the same reason.

• Love 3

I think Amy's last name could be Duggar.  My parents weren't married when they had my siblings and I, so my mom gave us her last name.  She always told us that if she couldn't have his last name then neither should we.  They finally got married when I was 22 and it seemed moot to change my last name by then.  So my mom now has my dad's last name and her four kids have her maiden name.  I always just assumed that Amy was Duggar for the same reason.

Her legal last name was Jordan, even though her parents weren't married. She only changed it to Duggar when she was trying to make a name for herself in country music.

• Love 3

Her legal last name was Jordan, even though her parents weren't married. She only changed it to Duggar when she was trying to make a name for herself in country music.

Yea- thanks.  I looked it up.  It seems that her name was Jordyn and she jumped on the Duggar cult wagon- her album was from 2006 and going by the name Amy Jordyn.  I have never seen her birth certificate- nor do I care what name she uses.  Go Amy for wearing pants!

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 1

Exactly!  I'm still in the dark on why laundry is women's work.  Back when it was being wrung out and everything starched and ironed?  Meh, it was housework.  But nowadays it's put in/press button/put in/press button/fold.  It's not rocket science.  Which definitely means not too hard for the Duggars :-) 

Some of don't have a dryer (very few days in Perth, Australia that you would be unable to hang things to dry due to weather), but hanging clothes doesn't take that long anyway. :-)

I think they think laundry is women's work because they feel it is wrong for the boys to see baskets of the girls' dirty undergarments.  You know, seeing a basket full of granny panties makes young boys super horny. 

• Love 3

Did anyone notice that one the marriage retreat show where poor Grandma Duggar was left alone with all the howlers- that she was constantly telling them to get off the counters.  She even recognizes that it is completely nasty.  Why doesn't MEchelle use her blanket method to keep dirty feet off the counters where food is prepared and eaten?

• Love 2

I remember once I climbed on top of the counter when I was about seven or eight purposefully to get a glass down because I was too short to reach it. My mom saw me and I was promptly disciplined.

I don't see why they let their children climb all over the counters-and for no reason, as well!

• Love 2

Did anyone notice that one the marriage retreat show where poor Grandma Duggar was left alone with all the howlers- that she was constantly telling them to get off the counters.  She even recognizes that it is completely nasty.  Why doesn't MEchelle use her blanket method to keep dirty feet off the counters where food is prepared and eaten?

Poor Grandma Duggar, no one in that family gives her the respect she deserves. I remember in the older episodes MEchelle had one of the kids clean the lids of the cans before they opened them. Why bother when later that kid will be walking across the counter. Just gross. As said before, none of us would eat anything in that house. I was going to say the Duggars must have good immune systems but then remembered the kids hurling in the styrofoam cups. Brain bleach please! (& regular bleach for the Duggars counters)
  • Love 2

I watch this show sporadically, but the one thing that stood out to me the most when I checked out a recent episode, after having not watched for a while, is how miserable Joy Anna looks. She used to be my favorite because she was so spunky and fun, now she looks like she does not want to be there anymore. What's up with that? Did I just catch her on an off day/episode or what?

I think Joy Anna is a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. She's tomboyish and outdoorsy in a culture that likes their women to be dainty, frilly and glassy-eyed. I also have a feeling Boob and Michelle put the kibosh on her spending excessive amounts of time with Cousin Amy, and that may be why she's been so unhappy lately.

• Love 6

Is it just me or is Joy growing up to be a real stunner? This latest episode, especially, showed how she's really maturing into her features. Her eyes are gorgeous and her skin is flawless. To me, Jana was always more attractive than Jessa, but I think Joyanaa will be the newest Duggar beauty.

• Love 5

I think that I just figured JD out. He reminds me of a gamer. I think that he has moved out of Duggarville and is living in his own house.

I think that he plays games like Call of Duty until the wee hours of the night.

• Love 2

See now I want to see a spin off-Duggar High School featuring such interesting scenes as;

1. Josh sucking up to whoever could get him the best grades for the least effort.

2. JD in the AV club smoking dope and playing Grant Theft Auto.

3. Jana tutoring the other children in the library.

4. Jill handing out her Jesus Saves and Save The Orphans pamphlets in the hall.

5. Jessa and Jinger in the girls bathroom, in their cheerleader uniforms, smoking cigarettes and talking smack about the other J`s.

5. JoyAnna, captain of the basketball team an shop class master.

6. Josiah, chess club president.

I'm sure there are more but I can't think of any now.

Edited by flyingdi
  • Love 6

New here. I think it's odd that Jackson is frequently paired with the four younger girls. . Showed him making pottery for Jill with the little girls. He is 10, and the youngest Howler is 11, so wouldn't he be a better fit with that group, as the oldest little girl is just 8..

I hope JD isn't a gamer. I always thought he was quiet and did not like being filmed at all. He may not come across well in the speaking segments because he is very uncomfortable doing it. One episode when he and another brother were watching the house while the rest were in little Rock was telling. He was sitting listening to JB on the phone, who was miles away to go fix a burst pipe of something or other, and they both immediately drive over, and dig in mud and water and fixed that mess. How lucky they had him, otherwise using a plumber would be a fortune and old Dad knows it.

Anyway, I get the feeling he hates the whole filming gig, and tolerates it due to no choice of his own.

Whatever happened to poor Jana? I never see her? She's another one I don't think agrees with something or someone. Whether it's filming or living a lie and she keeps getting sent away to journey to the heart thing. Wouldn't you be sick if you sent her there and then heard about that sicko running the place?

I don't understand why Grandma had to be left alone with what, 12 kids? Jim Bob didn't have to plan that stupid camping trip when the "girls" were away, did he? Certainly not, Derick is the only one who has a real schedule anyway. The other three just float through week after week.

I don't understand why Grandma had to be left alone with what, 12 kids? Jim Bob didn't have to plan that stupid camping trip when the "girls" were away, did he? 

Because he is a freaking self absorbed asshole and does not want to be with the howlers.  I would love to see Grandma Duggar doing a bit of blanket training with him - not as a baby- NOW.  

• Love 5

Everyone please visit the Duggar Family Blog site. (Sorry cant link right on my tablet.) Today's entry is "A Josie Duggar Update". Giving us an update on the miracle child. (Yes she is but they think she is the only miracle that came out of the Arkansas Children's Hospital.) They forget to mention the swatting flies in the blog. Duggars please get the help this child needs!

Like others said before, someone in their circle is reading this & othrer blogs. Too many coincidences.

Me again. When you're done reading about Miracle Josie, you have to read & watch from yesterday "Advice for moms & daughters" with Michelle & Priscilla. I cant begin to describe it....... (on the Duggar family blog site)

Edited by Barb23

Me again. When you're done reading about Miracle Josie, you have to read & watch from yesterday "Advice for moms & daughters" with Michelle & Priscilla. I cant begin to describe it....... (on the Duggar family blog site)

OMG!

Honestly, do these people ever engage in conversation? Everything out of their mouths is just babble. Even when they (appear to) attempt to speak seriously, or from the heart, they have no words of their own -- everything is just the same platitudes over and over and over and over.

• Love 5

New here. I think it's odd that Jackson is frequently paired with the four younger girls. . Showed him making pottery for Jill with the little girls. He is 10, and the youngest Howler is 11, so wouldn't he be a better fit with that group, as the oldest little girl is just 8..

I've noticed that too. When Michelle said the younger girls were going to do the pottery thing it showed them walking to van & there was Jackson & Joy too. I figured Joy was going as a helper/slave. Same thing at the Anniversary dinner theater-Jackson sang with the younger girls when they should have included him in one of the older boys skits. Boob will separate him from the girls soon since they can't even have a close opposite "gender" sibling when they are older. I was going to say being with the older boys might help his maturity but who am I kidding?

Everyone please visit the Duggar Family Blog site. (Sorry cant link right on my tablet.) Today's entry is "A Josie Duggar Update". Giving us an update on the miracle child. (Yes she is but they think she is the only miracle that came out of the Arkansas Children's Hospital.) They forget to mention the swatting flies in the blog. Duggars please get the help this child needs!

Like others said before, someone in their circle is reading this & othrer blogs. Too many coincidences.

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/

"God used him to save your life and my life. The skills that he learned in school, and all of the training that he got, allowed him to sustain your life and mine.”

Really, Michelle? If everyone followed gothard's dumb-down methods, you wouldn't have that doctor now, would you?

Edited by xls
  • Love 3

The gender separation when the kids get older really makes me sad. I think healthy opposite-sex sibling relationships can be a great foundation upon which kids can build their later opposite-sex friendships and romantic partnerships (outside the family, of course). But I guess "friendship" and "partnership" don't really factor into Gothard-style marriages, so . . . never mind. 

• Love 4

e. Same thing at the Anniversary dinner theater-Jackson sang with the younger girls when they should have included him in one of the older boys skits. Boob will separate him from the girls soon since they can't even have a close opposite "gender" sibling when they are older. 

I was just thinking of that the other day.  Jackson and Johanna are two of my favorites and so funny.  I want to kidnap Johanna and get her out of that compound.  They seem to have so much fun together and really crack me up.  But yes, they are probably already separating them.  

It's a shame.  I had girl and boy cousins that came to stay for two weeks at a time in the summer and we all played together and had so much fun.  OMG I think my mom even has pictures of my girl cousin, my boy cousin and me taking a bubble bath together.  I think we were all under four.  But she just used to throw us all in there together.  We used to fight over who got the most bubbles.    That might sound strange to even non Duggarards - but it wasn't.  

Only the Duggars can make something a Joe Dirt moment like the Duggars. 

• Love 1

Everyone please visit the Duggar Family Blog site. (Sorry cant link right on my tablet.) Today's entry is "A Josie Duggar Update". Giving us an update on the miracle child.

I'm so freaking sick of hearing about Josie! SICK of it.  How about posting about how Jordyn and Jennifer survived all that time without a mother.  And then a mother that came home and spent all her time in the nursery with the chosen one.  OMG.  I'll bet that when those two grow up they are going to seriously despise Josie.  

• Love 3

They go to some stupid museum and who gets the center spotlight??? Miracle golden blessed most holy JOSIE!   

Not to be mean to Josie- but Jordyn and Jennifer are adorable.  They get no time to spotlight them- ever.  Oh wait, Jennifer got those three unhappy minutes getting glasses with her non-exisitant mother.  

• Love 2

They go to some stupid museum and who gets the center spotlight??? Miracle golden blessed most holy JOSIE!   

Not to be mean to Josie- but Jordyn and Jennifer are adorable.  They get no time to spotlight them- ever.  Oh wait, Jennifer got those three unhappy minutes getting glasses with her non-exisitant mother.  

You can tell by looking at Jennifer that she's going to be a really beautiful  girl when she grows up. I bet she and Jordyn are already aware that Josie gets all the attention and they are forgotten. 

But remember in that episode where the Miracle child didn't want to wait her turn playing with the ball MEchelle exclaimed "The world does not revolve around Josie!" Just gag me. Who is she fooling?

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 2