Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Poor little girl wants to have her birthday once her mother returns from Danger America. Hopefully between Jill as able to spend some time with the kid between scheduled church visits where they grift off parishioners to continue support Derick's vacation. 

Edited by CofCinci
17 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Poor little girl wants to have her birthday once her mother returns from Danger America. Hopefully between Jill as able to spend some time with the kid between scheduled church visits where they grift off parishioners to continue support Derick's vacation. 

I think Jill will be tucked into the fold of the TTH echo chamber while Jenni helps her with Izzy, while Derick takes classes and dances for local sinning Arizonians. 

7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Jill will be tucked into the fold of the TTH echo chamber while Jenni helps her with Izzy, while Derick takes classes and dances for local sinning Arizonians. 

That sounds like work on Derrick's part. Let's be reasonable here. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

And Jennie, remember!:

Always loved that song.  Although being told I almost had its all wouldn't necessarily make me feel better.  Might even make me feel worse. 

22 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Why do they support a mainstream college athletic team but would never allow their child to attend said college?

Because it's college football in America and a good percentage of the population does this?  Supports teams they never would or could send their children to. 

On August 4, 2016 at 9:55 AM, MargeGunderson said:

He looks like a cross between Jack Osborne and James Corden.

Scary, yet very accurate description.  Don't give him any ideas that he'd be relevant or cool enough to resemble the spawn of Ozzy or be able to do Carpool Karaoke...we want him to go away quietly....

Looks like the family has gained a few new members. Mr Pink Shirt looks really embarrassed.   

13668728_867621690038148_841170288424765

Also, the Duggar wedding apparel sweatshop has gained a new employee!

Seriously, why are there rows of sewing machines?

13900369_867312543402396_509844773523548

9 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Looks like the family has gained a few new members. Mr Pink Shirt looks really embarrassed.   

I'm sorry, but what is happening in the top picture?  What's with the bow-ties?  Are they singing?  Whatever they're doing, Pink Shirt at least dressed for the occasion...whatever it is.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

I was wondering if this might be a classroom somewhere. But look at how there's something behind Jenni's machine that's still in the plastic bag - as if this is a new machine that's just been set up. Also, as far as I can tell, Jenni has no material or thread in the machine - at least I don't see these things (but I'm not a sew-er). I'm skeptical she even knows how to sew. They probably took the lost girls to a one-time class at some local shop and, voila!, they're expert seamstresses!

• Love 3

I have a problem with the pic that appears to be some Duggar spawn singing at a nursing home. Their posture is very disrespectful. Maybe I'm old school, but I my kids would be expected to stand up straight and appear attentive if they were visiting/performing.

How long were they even there?

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I have a problem with the pic that appears to be some Duggar spawn singing at a nursing home. Their posture is very disrespectful. Maybe I'm old school, but I my kids would be expected to stand up straight and appear attentive if they were visiting/performing.

Absolutely. I see crossed arms, slouched posture and kids leaning on furniture. Their body language is advertising loud and clear that they have no interest in being there. It's incredibly rude. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

Sweat shop? 

Er, I mean JimBoob's next big money-making scheme?

• Love 2
On 8/2/2016 at 3:05 PM, Kokapetl said:

13913665_864311963702454_513611895110396

"Happy 9th birthday, Jenni! You are such a treasure and a blessing to us. We are looking forward to your ice cream celebration this evening! We also loved that you want to have your real party this weekend after your “buddy” Jill returns from Central America! We love you a million times over, sweet girl!"

so its "Jenni" now?

If they had included "precious," "servant," or "humble" the quota would have been met. 

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

This is the batch of children that grew up as reality tv "stars."  They were raised by their sister-mothers and most likely not as heavily disciplined as the older batch. It's obvious that they don't want to be there and are forced by their father in hopes to cleanse the brand.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jackson. Simply. Does. Not. Grow!

How can he be a smidge shorter than Johannah? Is there an early menarche problem within this family?

I like how Jackson's hairstyle gives him an extra inch in height. And he can't help himself from looking directly at the camera. I can't hate him, he's so desperate and eager to please. 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jackson. Simply. Does. Not. Grow!

I can't rag on his size. He has the Duggar smallness gene. His creepy preteen-but-emotionally-6 schtick is the problem.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I was wondering if this might be a classroom somewhere. But look at how there's something behind Jenni's machine that's still in the plastic bag - as if this is a new machine that's just been set up. Also, as far as I can tell, Jenni has no material or thread in the machine - at least I don't see these things (but I'm not a sew-er). I'm skeptical she even knows how to sew. They probably took the lost girls to a one-time class at some local shop and, voila!, they're expert seamstresses!

It's not set up not even slightly, you're right. I also wouldn't start a 9 year old on a machine like that. I just got mine, and at 21, I'm petrified of sewing my finger. There are small ones made for kids, but uh that would require the Duggars taking interest on one of their kids, I guess. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Absolutely. I see crossed arms, slouched posture and kids leaning on furniture. Their body language is advertising loud and clear that they have no interest in being there. It's incredibly rude. 

2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

This is the batch of children that grew up as reality tv "stars."  They were raised by their sister-mothers and most likely not as heavily disciplined as the older batch. It's obvious that they don't want to be there and are forced by their father in hopes to cleanse the brand.

True. Also, when they were little, they were hauled around and marched out on stage. Where the audiences apparently were just happy to see all those kids lined up, whether sawing on violins or not, and JB was proud that he'd fathered them all.

I doubt that JB, MEchelle, or any of the sister-moms taught the kids anything about stage presence, including standing up straight, smiling at the audience as appropriate and at least looking pleased to be there, and generally projecting some positive energy. Maybe they were told not to pick their noses on stage, but that might be about the extent of any coaching. 

I've mentioned before that the Duggar kids in general strike me as fairly passive - not surprising because if they had any individual spark, there wasn't room or time for that stuff to be indulged in by the tiny members of Duggar Enterprises, and it was also AFAIK an unwelcome "uppity" trait for a child according to Gothard doctrine, anyway. 

So if those kids are hauled off to a nursing home, I'm not surprised they are slouching around. Partly from normal pre-adolescent and adolescent desire to not stand out, maybe from not wanting to be there anyway, and partly from not knowing any better how to behave. I wonder how much training in empathy for others those kids have received. I doubt that their parents have modeled empathy for them. It seems to me that Duggars save their empathy for themselves, and don't waste it on all those unfortunate sinners who aren't lucky enough to be Duggars and are thus inferior beings. I mean, these are the people who staged giving food to the needy for the cameras, and then took it back when taping was over. (I hope I remembered that right.) And parents teach by example . . . 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Jennifer is taking an embroidery class. That's an embroidery hoop to the left of the picture.

Thanks for setting me straight regarding them probably singing at a nursing home.  I thought it was a thrift store fashion show.   (Not knocking thrift stores.)  

Can't the girls go anywhere without those stupid leggings on?  What fashion monstrosity is Joy wearing?  Maybe trying out a bridesmaid gown for Jinger's wedding?

You know Kelly Bates would have them in shape for singing. 

• Love 1

She's not sewing in any traditional sense. She attaches the embroidery hoop and the machine does it's thing. It's how you get things monogrammed or appliqued if you're really into it. People who have been sewing for 20 years dont know how to embroider.

We've seen the kids always facing outwards (facing the camera) during family prayer. We've seen sister-moms expertly pick up an infant and flipping it around to always face outwards (facing the camera). These poor kids grew up with cameras chasing their every special movement!  The nursing home singing appears to be a random photo snapped by JB.  If TLC cameras were on them, they would have been lined up, fake-smiling, and not slouching all over the furniture.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, louannems said:

We've seen the kids always facing outwards (facing the camera) during family prayer. We've seen sister-moms expertly pick up an infant and flipping it around to always face outwards (facing the camera). These poor kids grew up with cameras chasing their every special movement!  The nursing home singing appears to be a random photo snapped by JB.  If TLC cameras were on them, they would have been lined up, fake-smiling, and not slouching all over the furniture.

Good points. Especially since they were making a visit somewhere. 

9 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Pickles and Hairspray on Facebook had a funny caption: Jim Bob: "Boys, break out your manly pink and purple shirts! You're going to the senior center to save our reputation....I mean old souls! Sing til they drop onto their artificial knees and pray for God to make you stop!"

• Love 8

I think there was a clip or a picture not long ago with maybe Jessa and Jinger wearing monogrammed shirts ...

Nope. wrong family. It was two Bates girls doing a talking head and they had on matching shirts with monograms. I thought the shirts were odd and maybe a fan gift. And now there's a pic of Jenni doing monograms?

14 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Actually, in Duggarland I expect that means they've been correctly socialized -- to be just like their wonderful uber-godly role models, JB and M, some of the most oblivious-to-others people on the planet.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think there was a clip or a picture not long ago with maybe Jessa and Jinger wearing monogrammed shirts ...

Nope. wrong family. It was two Bates girls doing a talking head and they had on matching shirts with monograms. I thought the shirts were odd and maybe a fan gift. And now there's a pic of Jenni doing monograms?

I stand by my original impression: sweat shop.

That senior center pic is just embarrassing. And really disrespectful. 

Wonder how that photo made it out into the universe but they can be exceptionally tone-deaf. (blanket training, swaddled and in distress...)

• Love 2