Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

I'm sure the Escalade limo sat there the whole night to impress people. I'm thinking it came from the Duggar fleet.  (Except their inventory is usually older models.) 

Inflatable Tube Man should be holding a tumbler of whiskey in one hand & a smoke in the other.

• LOL 15

I'm still scratching my head over how many people really live in the area that fit the demographic of cigar-smoking, whiskey drinking 30 year olds!?!   I'm placing bets that in a years time it will be re-branded a "family" eatery with indoor playground because he'll realize that fits his reality more with having little Daxton and he'll complain that there aren't any decent places to dine as a family in the area with fussy children.   Opening bet at $20, anyone want to see that bet?

• Love 15
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm still scratching my head over how many people really live in the area that fit the demographic of cigar-smoking, whiskey drinking 30 year olds!?!  

They're all either U of A hipsters in Fayetteville or junior Wal-Mart execs in Bentonville and hold their noses when they have to drive through Springdale on the interstate. 😉 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

From Amy's stories, the place was packed. Interestingly, I saw a lot of non-hipster types at the tables. 

I was being a little facetious. 😉

But that is interesting. I wonder how many of those folks will be return customers versus people nosy about the grand opening. And I wonder how many of those people weren't family and friends of the business partners. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Family and friends probably attended the soft opening a few days ago. 

That's true, but I just don't put it past Amy to pad those pictures. She can bash Jim Bob all she wants, but I suspect she is a little more like her uncle than she is willing to admit. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Hey @Zella! Wanna do some recon? 😁

Can these people ever proofread??  Seriously, Every week Day??  Why the random capitalization and don't they know weekday is one word?  Was Amy a graduate of the SODRT?

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

As long as we're talking about great prose, here's this from the website: 

"Our wine by the glass program has your daily drinking to the celebratory selections that will keep the discerning interested."

Anybody have any idea what that middle section means? Their program "has your daily drinking"? It sounds like something I'd say after drinking quite a bit too much......And "your daily drinking"? I guess that tells you who's supposed to make up their clientele. 

"Proofreader! Stat!"

On the bright side, they make their own vermouth.....Delusions of grandeur, or what? 

In the words of Ogden Nash, in his poem "A Drink With Something In It,"

"There is something about a martini

Ere the dining and dancing begin. 

And to tell you the truth

It is not the vermouth. 

I think that perhaps it's the gin." 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Zella said:

If I have a free day through the week and am around Springdale, I'll definitely drive by! 😆 

You MUST go inside! Order a cranberry and soda or something to make it look like you're drinking a real cocktail. And I second @GeeGolly...TAKE PICTURES!!!!! 🤣

• Love 10
33 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

You MUST go inside! Order a cranberry and soda or something to make it look like you're drinking a real cocktail.

Dress like Vivian from pretty Woman. Amy loves that look!

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

"Our wine by the glass program has your daily drinking to the celebratory selections that will keep the discerning interested."

Anybody have any idea what that middle section means? Their program "has your daily drinking"? It sounds like something I'd say after drinking quite a bit too much......And "your daily drinking"? I guess that tells you who's supposed to make up their clientele. 

"Proofreader! Stat!"

On the bright side, they make their own vermouth.....Delusions of grandeur, or what? 

It is not the vermouth. 

That may be the most convoluted "sentence" I have ever read (and I can come up with some pretty convoluted sentences!)...I'm at a loss to even stab at what it's trying to say...Something to the effect that since they offer wine by the glass (which, who doesn't?), there will always be enough variety to keep you from getting bored with the same drink when you have so many different daily celebrations? 🤷‍♀️

As for the gin, I'll stay with the gin & tonic...I discovered many years ago after a couple of instances of spending the bulk of a day with my head in the toilet after only having had one or two drinks that vermouth and I are never going to be friends.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Bahahaha I hesitate to go inside because I have wimpy lungs and am sensitive to tobacco smoke. Maybe I can walk in wearing a mask. 🤣 But yes if I do a drive-by snooping--or work up the nerve to walk in--I will take pics. 😊

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Normades said:

Can these people ever proofread??  Seriously, Every week Day??  Why the random capitalization and don't they know weekday is one word?  Was Amy a graduate of the SODRT?

Where did she go to school, by the way?  Homeschooled?  Local public schools?  Christian school?  Any college?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Bahahaha I hesitate to go inside because I have wimpy lungs and am sensitive to tobacco smoke. Maybe I can walk in wearing a mask. 🤣 But yes if I do a drive-by snooping--or work up the nerve to walk in--I will take pics. 😊

You clearly need to minister the lost souls inside this place. Set up a Gofundme for this important work to help pay for breathing mask, the drinks, the food, etc.

• LOL 10
6 hours ago, Zella said:

Wait, isn’t Amy’s shop in the same strip mall?  Can your lungs handle the stench of cheap fabrics 😬

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Zella said:

Just make sure you go on a week Day!

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Temperance said:

You clearly need to minister the lost souls inside this place. Set up a Gofundme for this important work to help pay for breathing mask, the drinks, the food, etc.

Don't forget to hand out some bible tracts too. 

Maybe David Rod could do a Rush order for you.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Remember when Amy found her calling in life about a year ago? She "counseled" young females for about 1 month.

I wonder if the cigar bar is Mr Amy's calling.

He, Amy worked that job for the entire 3 month probation period, and then 'decided' to leave!

Drinking is Mr. Amy's calling. They've got be up to their noses in debt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 2/11/2020 at 4:00 PM, Churchhoney said:

"Proofreader! Stat!"

It is not the vermouth. 

I'm not much of a wine drinker,  but what I think they are trying to say is that they have a wide variety of good wines from your vin ordinaire or table wine up to the really good stuff you pay out of the ass for one glass which you sip slowly.  I haven't gotten into wine because the shelf life of an expensive bottle of it is like 5 days and why bother?  I would rather spend my money on a bottle of bourbon that I can enjoy over a few weeks or months.   I will not spend more than 20 bucks on a bottle of wine.   Its not worth it. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Absolom said:

I believe there is family money on his side that has allowed him to follow his various dreams.

Including funding Amy's store, too? Didn't he have the 30k of medical debt one time? Unless there's documentation, I just can't believe all these spouses have family money.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

"Balls deep?"  So now she has balls?

Amy tries so hard to be the normal Duggar.

She's a lot like Jill D.  They both want approval, they want to be seen as normal, even edgy, and they want to make money from it.

Amy's slightly better at it than Jill, but they're both still hamstrung by JB's influence (make sure everyone knows how Godly you are, grab every buck you can, and jump in front of every camera you can.  If you have to lie a bit, it's for Jesus, and that's OK).  Without a show of their own, they're doing the next best thing and trying to live their lives online.

• Love 8
On 2/14/2020 at 4:51 AM, floridamom said:

Sounds like Amy is disorganized and not a good homemaker like her cousins.

I don't disagree that Amy is disorganized, but the only cousin that I would classify as a "good" homemaker would be Jana (and maybe Joy, but I think she helps Austin with his job a lot).

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Joy posted some photos a while ago of their RV home. It absolutely looked like to me that she cleaned up and shoved the junk out of the way for those photos. You could see the stuff crammed on the shelves in some of those pictures. I don't think Joy's focus was on cleaning, really. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

I thought she picked that paragraph up elsewhere and just reposted it without attribution.

Because that’s the Way of the Duggar.

I saw the same thing on Facebook earlier this week.  It's the meme du jour making its round on social media. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, madpsych78 said:
On 2/14/2020 at 5:51 AM, floridamom said:

Sounds like Amy is disorganized and not a good homemaker like her cousins.

I don't disagree that Amy is disorganized, but the only cousin that I would classify as a "good" homemaker would be Jana (and maybe Joy, but I think she helps Austin with his job a lot).

I think  the OP either meant, "Like her cousins, Amy is not a good homemaker," or she was being sarcastic. Because I think all of us know the Duggar girls are not good homemakers...

• Love 5

Oops, sorry guys. Yes, I meant that Amy AND her female Duggar cousins are NOT good housekeepers and that they are disorganized too. I don't know about Jana. She was/is supposed to be in charge of the 'big house' and it seems that she doesn't do a good job either. The girls' dorm is a filthy mess; the boys dorm looks like it reeks of bacteria and is also a mess. The house downstairs doesn't look much better. I don't think Jana has any organizational skills either, really. If she did, she would have that house looking neat with good upkeep. I'm not saying anyone has to wash their windows every week, mind you, but the TTH is a petri dish.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Oops, sorry guys. Yes, I meant that Amy AND her female Duggar cousins are NOT good housekeepers and that they are disorganized too. I don't know about Jana. She was/is supposed to be in charge of the 'big house' and it seems that she doesn't do a good job either. The girls' dorm is a filthy mess; the boys dorm looks like it reeks of bacteria and is also a mess. The house downstairs doesn't look much better. I don't think Jana has any organizational skills either, really. If she did, she would have that house looking neat with good upkeep. I'm not saying anyone has to wash their windows every week, mind you, but the TTH is a petri dish.

Yea, I don't think Jana is quite as competent as the family makes her out to be. I suspect she has a slightly better work ethic than some of the others and may have a smidgen more organizational ability than the rest of the family, but I doubt she would be considered very effective or organized in a more general sense by non Duggars. I've said this before, but I've long thought Jana may have been the one who did the most work simply because she was an introvert and that can be a face-saving way to get out of draining social interaction in that family. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 11

Everyone has been speculating about where Johannah was on the women's lunch. She could have been babysitting for Anna, Jessa, etc. She could have been sick or busy. etc.

She also could have been at Journey to the Heart. The program seems to run intermittenly for one week stretches at a time. They don't list current sessions only upcoming ones. The upcoming ones say that the program is for Young Ladies ages 13-30. Johannah is 14 and the only one of the younger sisters old enough to go. Jennifer is almost 2 years younger so she's 12. Jordyn is 11 and Josie is 10.  Jana, age 30, would be the only other sister eligible as this is for single young ladies. (Since it covers 18-30, they do mention this is for unmarried ladies only).

Interestingly Journey to the Heart has somewhat rebranded to Life's Real Journey.  There is also separate retreat for married people.

Of course Hannie could be baby-sitting. I have no knowledge that she's there. This is speculation based on her conspicuous absence and the fact the Duggars sent the other girls there when they were teens. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1