Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Actually, it's pretty likely that Amy weighs less than Julia Roberts did in Pretty Woman. You have to take into consideration that Amy is 5'3 tops and Julia Roberts is like 5'9; of course her body looks completely different in that outfit than Amy's would. A good friend of mine was like 5'11 and 200lbs and you could see her hipbones and collarbones clearly defined, she had a thigh gap, and her stomach was flat. Height makes a huge difference.

I'm not a Famy fan by any means, but to pretty much body shame her for something she can't help, her height and body frame is pretty screwed up. And she is skinny when you consider the average American woman is a size 16-18, and Amy looks to be no where near that size. She's just untoned, nothing 30 minutes of cardio 3 times a week couldn't correct in a month or two. She's not overweight/obese by any means, just tacky like one person said. But hey, at least she's free to make her own tacky choices! 

• Love 20
24 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I don't think Amy thought she looked like Julia Roberts anymore than I thought I looked like Carrie Fisher when I dressed up as Princess Leia for Halloween.  If we can only wear costumes of characters who we physically resemble, then what about the little African American boy who wants to wear a Superman outfit or the Asian girl who wants to be Dora for Halloween? Or the thousands of kids and adults wandering around Disney world dressed like Captain Jack Sparrow or Elsa from Frozen?  It's about referencing the character, not resembling the actress. Amy wore a costume, probably because she likes the movie, and we all recognized the reference immediately.  She may have her flaws, but I doubt Amy thinks she looks exactly like Julia Roberts in the outfit (though who wouldn't want legs 8 miles long like that?  I do)

ETA: I also walked around Universal studios last December wearing my Gryffindor badge and pointing my wand at stuff; so maybe I am just weird.

Amy is a grown-assed adult and can wear what she likes no matter how much she weighs at any time in any place forever. I think it's more the shameless attention whoring-- "I just all casually dressed up like this to have dinner with my drunk husband and pass out in our hotel room!"--that is bringing on the snark. She just needs to let it drop and try to build her life on a more solid foundation and stop begging the internet for praise and recognition.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Aja said:

Amy is a grown-assed adult and can wear what she likes no matter how much she weighs at any time in any place forever. I think it's more the shameless attention whoring-- "I just all casually dressed up like this to have dinner with my drunk husband and pass out in our hotel room!"--that is bringing on the snark. She just needs to let it drop and try to build her life on a more solid foundation and stop begging the internet for praise and recognition.

And stop calling herself the "rebel Duggar" when she isn't either. She's the Please-please-look-at-me Whatever-her-last-name-is.

I admit that that has less of a clickbait ring to it.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

And stop calling herself the "rebel Duggar" when she isn't either. She's the Please-please-look-at-me Whatever-her-last-name-is.

I admit that that has less of a clickbait ring to it.

Hee, that reminds me of Linda Richman. "Rebel Duggar is neither a rebel nor a Duggar. Discuss."

• Love 18
7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I don't think Amy thought she looked like Julia Roberts anymore than I thought I looked like Carrie Fisher when I dressed up as Princess Leia for Halloween.  If we can only wear costumes of characters who we physically resemble, then what about the little African American boy who wants to wear a Superman outfit or the Asian girl who wants to be Dora for Halloween? Or the thousands of kids and adults wandering around Disney world dressed like Captain Jack Sparrow or Elsa from Frozen?  It's about referencing the character, not resembling the actress. Amy wore a costume, probably because she likes the movie, and we all recognized the reference immediately.  She may have her flaws, but I doubt Amy thinks she looks exactly like Julia Roberts in the outfit (though who wouldn't want legs 8 miles long like that?  I do)

ETA: I also walked around Universal studios last December wearing my Gryffindor badge and pointing my wand at stuff; so maybe I am just weird.

I agree that Amy didn't think she looked like Julia in Pretty Woman. I also don't think she thought she was looking tacky either. I think some of the snark may be about Amy's judgement on what is a great outfit to copy or borrow from and where is an appropriate place to wear it.

Also if you wore your Gryffindor badge and used your wand while delivering my baby I would think it was awesome! But I'm guessing a few delivering moms might think otherwise.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree that Amy didn't think she looked like Julia in Pretty Woman. I also don't think she thought she was looking tacky either. I think some of the snark may be about Amy's judgement on what is a great outfit to copy or borrow from and where is an appropriate place to wear it.

Also if you wore your Gryffindor badge and used your wand while delivering my baby I would think it was awesome! But I'm guessing a few delivering moms might think otherwise.

Where else BUT Vegas could she wear that outfit? She was having fun. I can snark on a lot of things, but this doesn't bug me a bit. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, MischaMouse said:

Where else BUT Vegas could she wear that outfit? She was having fun. I can snark on a lot of things, but this doesn't bug me a bit. 

A Halloween party, her bedroom or best yet not wear it at all.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 5

She's built almost exactly like me (I'm also short...I think she cops to 5'2" these days, but used to say 5'1"). poor thing has thick thighs, no real tapering down to the knee. I feel her pain. She got stuck with a short, rather stocky body; she's not a small-boned girl. Good news is we can carry more pounds and not look "fat" than regular skinny people, and since we gain so easily, we know when to cut back, unlike skinny minis who never gain an ounce no matter what they eat. If I was Amy, at her age (I'm old enough to be her mom...I think I'm a year younger than her actual one), I NEVER would have worn that, and I was TINY. Thick legs are thick legs, only TONS of cardio helps thin them down a bit. Ask me how I know. :D

I rag on skinny people because I married into a family of them. They're all bird-like little things with cholesterol through the roof, husband included (he just started meds last month). 

• Love 4

Go Amy! If everyone spiced up their outfits or wore what they like, rather than criticising and worrying about being criticised, we'd all be a lot happier. Its sad that it's pretty much unacceptable to wear certain things if you're not model-sized, but it's fine to point out the person's supposed flaws as reasons they shouldn't wear what they like. It's very limiting. I don't like the Pretty Woman outfit for myself but it's inspired me to be on the lookout for opportunities to dress up.

• Love 16

Of all the things to critique Amy for, being robust and choosing odd outfits are not ones I would choose.  Fame-hungry and banking on her family's dubious fame, yes.  But come on, she can wear whatever the hell she wants to wear.   I imagine she'd be kind of fun to hang out with, provided no cameras were around.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, EAG46 said:

Of all the things to critique Amy for, being robust and choosing odd outfits are not ones I would choose.  Fame-hungry and banking on her family's dubious fame, yes.  But come on, she can wear whatever the hell she wants to wear.   I imagine she'd be kind of fun to hang out with, provided no cameras were around.

The thing is that Amy has set herself up to be some kind of religious, heavy drinking, sex symbol who has now started a fashion blog.  So, yes, she has opened herself up to a lot of criticism that normal people don't experience.  But, she asked for it and she deserves it.  Who the hell brags that they go out drinking right after Sunday morning church services?  Who goes to Las Vegas, dressed like a prostitute, instead of attending their best friend's/cousin's wedding?  Who posts umpteen pictures kissing and embracing her husband?  Who wears the tackiest, non-stylish, mismatched clothes and claims to be a fashionista?  Whose only claim to fame was being on the Duggar family TV show for a while, and now bad-mouths the entire family?  

Amy is 30 years old and acts like a spoiled adolescent who expects the whole world to adore and admire her.  She deserves all the snark thrown her way. 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If I was going to borrow an outfit from Pretty Woman, I'd have chosen the brown polka-dot dress. With the hat, because I love hats! I've been trying to find one like it for years. Not that I'd look anything like Julia Roberts in it, given that I'm probably about two sizes bigger than Amy is, but I can dream.  And that style of dress is actually something that's reasonably flattering on me.

I do agree that Amy is not that big in the major scheme of things, and am not going to criticize her for wearing what makes her happy, but if I was her. what would make me happy would be finding outfits that camouflage my more problematic areas rather than highlighting them.

• Love 7
On 4/13/2017 at 8:46 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Chubby?

I think she actually just has a curvier body on a shorter frame.  I think her style is questionable and she is not a reed but fat? no.  If she got some clothes that were suited to her figure I think she would look just fine.  But that hooker ensemble is bad.  Very bad.  Personally I think they were role playing to make things a little spicier.  I just can't make myself believe she wore that on purpose for a night out with the hubby.  I also cannot believe one can still buy that monstrosity.  Pretty Woman was out in what, 1990?  She was 4.  

• Love 5

Like me, she's really short-waisted in addition to the legs. It's very hard to find clothes that don't make us look boxy. Petite clothes are hard to find.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

The purse is supposed to be a pop of color I think, but it doesn't look right with the colors of her outfit. A yellow purse may have looked better.

11 hours ago, louannems said:

Happy Reserection Day!  Really?  Who does this???

Fundamentalist churches trying to take the focus off the Easter Bunny. I think the JW church also celebrates Resurrection Day instead of Easter.

• Love 1
On April 20, 2017 at 8:51 AM, Nysha said:

Fundamentalist churches trying to take the focus off the Easter Bunny. I think the JW church also celebrates Resurrection Day instead of Easter.

JW celebrate the Last Supper, which is on Passover, Nisan 13. This is the only thing Jesus said to do in rememberance of him, which is why that is the only "holiday" they celebrate. (I was raised JW till 18, never baptized) 

• Love 2

Sinner Twin needs to get it right, the Duggars are helping the contractor, not the other way around. They all display the I saw it done once and mastered the task gene.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, AUgirl said:

Sign me up for the express bus to hell but DAMN Josie is an unfortunate looking child. 

I'll be on the bus with you because I totally agree.  I started a post yesterday with that sentiment  and deleted it. 

• Love 3