Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Oh the simplest of things. 

Cut a piece of that casserole mess. Put it on a fairly cute dish. Microwave until the cheese is melting and it looks gooey and appetizing. Done. 

What she showed looks incredibly dry and with all that butter and cheese in that breakfast it is astonishing.  We eat with our eyes first Jilly!

• Love 6
14 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Maybe growing up with 2 military parents and a mother who insisted on correct speech - never, ever say the word ain't around her, if I had used merica, I would have been slapped silly (not literally).  That said it's always been viewed in the same line as folks that say, "I ain't got none", "Hey Bubba Jr, watch and see if I can fit this whole thing in my mouth!" line of personalities, where I came from.  

And scrolling through her comments you do have quite a few folks calling her out on using merica and a few more not minding it, but man are some trashing Derick.  Ahh good times.  :-)

Where I come from too. I thought this was generally a universal consensus on that word.

4 hours ago, Normades said:

That's the thing.  These people hate the Taliban and ISIS, but in reality they have so much in common, they just push a different religion. A theocracy is a theocracy. Not sending kids to school, not giving free access to media, hiding historical and cultural information, not allowing two people of opposite sex to be together without being married in any situation, and insisting on chaperones for grown adults.  Sounds like the Taliban to me, but it also sounds like the Duggars.  They're just too stupid to see how much they have in common.  They would love a situation like what is shown on "The Handmaid's Tale."  And refusing to fight for the country they purport to love so much!!  I cal BS!!

But the Taliban ARE willing to fight for their beliefs, such as they are. The Duggars would never do so.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

The Duggars would hate to live under the Taliban, or under a Catholic or Mormon theocracy, because they wouldn't want to have another religion shoved in their face and be forced to live by its rules.  On the other hand, they have no problem wanting to make others live in a theocracy of Duggar-approved religion, because, hey, they're right and the others are wrong.

It amazes me how often people don't look at situations from other's points of view.

And this is without knowing a damn thing about any other religion.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sorry if this makes anyone sick, but I used to love picking up worms and putting them back in the dirt so they could find a new home.  I still get a little bit sad at seeing a dried-up worm on the sidewalk or street, on my walk, the day after a rainstorm.  

It disturbs me that Izzy thought he should run the worm over.  I hate Dillweed for many reasons, not the least when he tried to run a cat over.  I really hope that apple falls a mile from both parental units.  

I always rescued worms as a kid and I still do. 

• Love 6

Video at the TTH - wth is Jessa wearing? Wonder if she might be pregnant again... (I know it's been speculated ad nauseam but still.)

That horse race shown on TV at Cathy's place kinda looks like a video game or something, and not an actual race. Probably just my eyes but anyway XD

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Video at the TTH - wth is Jessa wearing? Wonder if she might be pregnant again... (I know it's been speculated ad nauseam but still.)

I thought she was wearing a horrible looking floral dress but I think it's actually one of these nursing covers.

Screenshot_20180607-111202.thumb.jpg.18ce68cc11d67e287a6c74657dfa935b.jpg

• Love 3

I found the Miss Cathy video a bit curious. The Duggar video was for show only. Tickling a new-to-solid-food baby while they're eating is not too smart.

The Miss Cathy video left me wondering if Sam is laid back or obedient. He wasn't smiling, he tried to check out some toys and then pointed to something that caught his eye. When he was checking out the toys on the floor and Cathy showed him where his hands should be, he immediately put them there. Maybe he's just chill, but I'm not so sure.

• Love 9
(edited)
32 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The Duggar video was for show only. Tickling a new-to-solid-food baby while they're eating is not too smart.

I was thinking the same. Everyone is different, the table was never a play place for me, and then for my children. Even Michelle put the stuffed toy aside after Jill (I think?) placed it on the table. Why did Jill feel the need to put the sunglasses on him? I thought for sure he was going to bump his head on the table.

Odd exchange while a child is eating, IMO. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I was thinking the same. Everyone is different, the table was never a play place for me, and then for my children. Even Michelle put the stuffed toy aside after Jill (I think?) placed it on the table. Why did Jill feel the need to put the sunglasses on him? I thought for sure he was going to bump his head on the table.

Odd exchange while a child is eating, IMO. 

I think it was Hannie? that did the sunglasses and the pig while Jill was filming.  There's Meechelle, Jill, Jana and Jessa and the oldest Lost girl in the film.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

And this is without knowing a damn thing about any other religion.

Or their own. All they do is parrot what their told tell them. None of them really knows what any of the passages they quote mean or can answer any questions regarding their own religion.  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I found the Miss Cathy video a bit curious. The Duggar video was for show only. Tickling a new-to-solid-food baby while they're eating is not too smart.

The Miss Cathy video left me wondering if Sam is laid back or obedient. He wasn't smiling, he tried to check out some toys and then pointed to something that caught his eye. When he was checking out the toys on the floor and Cathy showed him where his hands should be, he immediately put them there. Maybe he's just chill, but I'm not so sure.

I can't fault Miss Cathy for wanting to show him good balancing principles, though.  Craning around to look at something else, seems like a good way to fall and hurt yourself when you are wee.

• Love 4

Isn't it telling that Jessa hasn't posted many pics of her kids with JB & M, but Jill has. Jessa is trying to keep her brand intact and Jill is clueless to how many feel about her parents.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It was Hannie who put the sunglasses and Peppa on Sam.

Really?  Wow, Hannie is so old!  

Ok, that makes way more sense.  Kids do stuff like that to babies all the time.  Hahaha, we assumed it was Jill!!!  Hey, she put a tortilla on Sammy's head so I wasn't that far off assuming it was Jill. 

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Really?  Wow, Hannie is so old!  

Ok, that makes way more sense.  Kids do stuff like that to babies all the time.  Hahaha, we assumed it was Jill!!!  Hey, she put a tortilla on Sammy's head so I wasn't that far off assuming it was Jill. 

Yeah, I was gonna say, if it's Hannie she did it largely for her own amusement/enjoyment, and it wasn't mean-spirited play, so I'll give her a pass.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Izzy looks so much like grandma Dillard Barnum whatever. He even has a terrible unisex home haircut. 

The name Barnum does spring to mind when I hear the Duggars mentioned.  Along with the crazy circus music.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

My goodness. Derick is all up in other parents faces about exploiting their children and Jill is posting daily pics and videos. She often asks a question with them too. She posts her son mumbling Bible verses, her kids in Pro-choice shirts, Izzy in a book contest and her kids doing mundane life. This is not any different from what Derick finds distasteful in others.

And it's boring!   These are ordinary boys waiting for breakfast.  How is that possibly interesting to anyone?  I did laundry and dishes this morning.  Oh and I went to the grocery store.  Should I post this on SM?  Nobody cares!

Media whoring these children for gain is exactly what Silly Jilly's idiot parents did.  The apple doesn't fall from the tree.

• Love 23

What is the point of all those hashtags? Also, what the hell is wrong with that bacon? Is it turkey bacon, since the Duggars have a weird thing about pork? It looks dreadful.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

My goodness. Derick is all up in other parents faces about exploiting their children and Jill is posting daily pics and videos. She often asks a question with them too. She posts her son mumbling Bible verses, her kids in Pro-choice shirts, Izzy in a book contest and her kids doing mundane life. This is not any different from what Derick finds distasteful in others.

I love Sam's sketchy look, though.  Is it the bacon he's objecting to?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, jcbrown said:

What is the point of all those hashtags? Also, what the hell is wrong with that bacon? Is it turkey bacon, since the Duggars have a weird thing about pork? It looks dreadful.

I thought it was f’acon, but I never seen it in a skillet. Wasn’t she posting vegetarian recipes and pics for a while?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AnnieBeez said:

I thought it was f’acon, but I never seen it in a skillet. Wasn’t she posting vegetarian recipes and pics for a while?

I put vegan bacon in a skillet :) And yes, she was including some plant-based recipes (so we know she's capable of branching out!). She even made reference to having tried the vegan mayo from Whole Foods and liking it. That would blow a Duggar mind.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

And  dumb and dumber with their moldy bread:

Idiots.

Why isn’t Sammy running around like a regular kid? He is like a little blob in his car seat. Looks like he is out of fucks to give..

• Love 1

I don't think think Sammy's walking yet.  

All those feed the geese videos posted in Gimme Old Religion, it's a horrible idea to feed ducks and geese.  It just makes them poop more and bread, especially moldy bread, is not a part of their diet.

Around here, most parks have posted signs saying don't feed the geese.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, louannems said:

All those feed the geese videos posted in Gimme Old Religion, it's a horrible idea to feed ducks and geese.  It just makes them poop more and bread, especially moldy bread, is not a part of their diet.

Around here, most parks have posted signs saying don't feed the geese.

It's not about making them poop more. Bread isn't healthy for them and can make them sick and causes bacteria to grow in the water. 

I hope they were at least smart enough to tear off the mold before feeding it.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, louannems said:

I don't think think Sammy's walking yet.  

I'm not certain that he has mastered crawling yet.  

He had a rough two weeks in the NICU when he was born and may have permanent developmental problems.  Jill still doesn't want people to know what happened during his birth.

• Love 5
(edited)
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

No, it really isn't, but I've noticed that as families like Jazz's and Nate and Jeremiah's become more mainstream, the far right has to change their argument from Disgusting! Civilsation- Wreckers! Destroyers of the Traditional Family! to Won't someone PLEASE think of the poor, exploited children? They can't get people onside in the old way, because straight people are still getting married and having children (duh), so they need to try a new tactic. The problem with this, of corse, is it's massively and obviously hypocritical. How can Nate and Jeremiah's children being on screen for about 20 minutes a year be harmful if it's perfectly fine for Sam and Izzy to be plastered over social media every day (not even getting into the 'my two-year-old is a manipulative sinner' posts)? The answer, if you could back Derrick and Jill into a corner and get a straight answer would, of course be that Sam and Izzy and Helpmeet Jill are "wholesome" and N+J are....

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

No, it really isn't, but I've noticed that as families like Jazz's and Nate and Jeremiah's become more mainstream, the far right has to change their argument from Disgusting! Civilsatio- Wreckers! Destroyers of the Traditional Family! to Won't someone PLEASE think of the poor, exploited children? They can't get people onside in the old way, because straight people are still getting married and having children (duh), so they need to try a new tactic. The problem with this, of corse, is it's massively and obviously hypocritical. How can Nate and Jeremiah's children being on screen for about 20 minutes a year be harmful if it's perfectly fine for Sam and Izzy to be plastered over social media every day (not even getting into the 'my two-year-old is a manipulative sinner' posts)? The answer, if you could back Derrick and Jill into a corner and get a straight answer would, of course be that Sam and Izzy and Helpmeet Jill are "wholesome" and N+J are....

Yet to a fair portion of the population Derick's and Jill's lifestyle is not wholesome and is seen as damaging to their children.

They could repeat at nauseum that their beliefs are in the Bible and that means nothing to me. Would they want MDs using medical journals written, from say, a couple hundred years ago? But they want me to live by stories told a few thousand years ago?

Derick's way is not the only way nor the right way. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 15

Dear Jilly,

Please stop recording close ups of your asshole husband eating/chewing. NO ONE wants to see that, not even baby Jesus..Thanks.

1 hour ago, Mollie said:

He had a rough two weeks in the NICU when he was born and may have permanent developmental problems.  Jill still doesn't want people to know what happened during his birth.

Can he even sit yet by himself? He seems to always be in the car seat, stroller, highchair or being held.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

I feel there was a video within the last couple of weeks, where he was doing that interim thing where they kind of pull themselves around by their arms and ignore their legs.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

Ok. That makes sense. Like what @Madtown said earlier, he may not even be able to sit by himself. My bad.

18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

He appears to be crawling around in the 11 month pictures. 

He seems to have mastered both sitting and crawling from those photos and the video. 

• Love 3