Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I thought not watching TV was more Gothard and extreme Fundy. Josh had a TV in at least one of his homes. I believe Ben watched sports and other TV. And all the married Duggars have been seen watching TV on their laptops, but I'm guessing Jill has never seen any Stars Wars 

Alyssa Bates recently posted pictures of her daughter's birthday and there was a massive flat screen in the background. I can't imagine they'd spend all that money on a TV just to play Veggie Tales DVD's for the kids, so it wouldn't surprise me if all these people are watching mainstream shows, even if they'd never admit to it on camera.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, duggarfan said:

LOL! In fairness, you can be at home and at work at the same time. LOTS of people work from home and spend time with their children simultaneously.

That's true, but it's highly unlikely that Derelict is one of them. 

• Love 21
10 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I guess Jill has changed denominations.

She and Derick have been SBC since their wedding.  Derick has always been SBC. 

As an aside, I've been trying to point this out for years now.

• Love 17
12 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Well...okay then

image.png.817b1001d9615e575a2858c036c60382.png

Somebody doesn't like being the Headship.

I think that's another issue in that marriage , headship confusion .  Jill needs one , has been trained her entire life to listen and follow  her master and Derick isn't giving her that . So Jill is trapped between the old one she is no longer supposed to follow and a deficient new one  who can't give her directions . 

• Love 10

In an attemt at avoiding my house work, I checked Dillard Family blog and watched a video of Sam-Sam's first bite of pickle.

At the end of the video, Izzy clearly says, "There's going to be another baby".  Then Jill's feign "Really"?

That's all Jill and jobless Derick need!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, duggarfan said:

LOL! In fairness, you can be at home and at work at the same time. LOTS of people work from home and spend time with their children simultaneously.

It when your job is ostensibly in the ministry. Since he's obviously not a pastor, he wouldn't be home writing sermons. He DOES seem to do most of his twatting from home though. Maybe HE counts that as work for his ministry. Frankly, that wouldn't surprise me.

• Love 3

Jill: "Ooohhh. No sour face from this baby." (Reference to Sam eating pickles)

Izzy: "They say we're going to have another baby."

Jill: "What?"

Izzy: "We're going to have another baby."

Jill: "Another baby. What?"

Who is this "they" that Izzy is referring to? The public? 

• Love 2
(edited)
29 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Maybe he is referring to one of the soon-to-be born cousins from Dan and Deena, Joe and Kendra, or Jinger and Jeremy? 

Edited by Triple P
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

It sounds like Michelle and JB to me, but who knows?

2 hours ago, Absolom said:

She and Derick have been SBC since their wedding.  Derick has always been SBC. 

As an aside, I've been trying to point this out for years now.

Is SBC Southern Baptist?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

I can’t find the video.  Is there anyway you can post it here, please?

4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

See if this works.....

Thank you!  That video seemed grainy and poor quality; I guess it’s Jill’s phone.  Sam is a cutie!

4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh Derelict, it's not bullying to be called out for hypocrisy. 

And I don’t think anyone on The View is his “friend”.

• Love 16
(edited)

I have to admit Izzy and Sammy are cute kids. Too bad they have idiots for parents.

I had to send a tweet to him:  You only love people who agree with your hate and bigot points of view. I would like to know what a gay or lesbian did to you to make you hate them so much.

Edited by bigskygirl
15 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I have to admit Izzy and Sammy are cute kids. Too bad they have idiots for parents.

On a side note, one of the other videos is of Izzy blowing bubbles on the balcony, and talking about how he does it. I'm actually pretty impressed with his language development and his ability to go through each of the steps for a three-year-old, although most of the 2- and 3-year-old kiddos I evaluate have communication delays.

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Derek: We need to love all people & promote what’s best for everyone.

Me: I have a strong feeling Derick's idea of "what's best for everyone" would not be a good experience for me and for most of the people I know. 

Derek: Most Americans believe this, but are fearful of bullying like this.

Also Derick: What a travesty of family.

Derick is a bully, he is publicly attacking individual families out of no where. Other Tweeters responses are their opinions, not bullying.

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Derek: Most Americans believe this, but are fearful of bullying like this.

Also Derick: What a travesty of family.

Derick is a bully, he is publicly attacking individual families out of no where. Other Tweeters responses are their opinions, not bullying.

I don't understand his "fearful of bullying like this" line. Bullying like what? 

• Love 3
Just now, BradandJanet said:

I don't understand his "fearful of bullying like this" line. Bullying like what? 

I believe Derick is referring to being fearful of being "bullied" on Twitter with others' opposing opinions. And fearful of gossip magazines/shows picking up the story and "bullying" him by sharing their opinions.

• Love 8
(edited)

From previous posts, I think he feels "bullied" by the "liberal media" (including The View) that he sees as bludgeoning their "agenda" of LGBT rights on what he believes to be the "majority" of Americans.

eta: I put all those words in quotes because Derelict has used them in the same context.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

This is what he’s referring to, he linked it in his tweet:

Derick has no clue what bullying is, IMO.

• Love 15

Doesn't Jill know her video is going to bring up all kinds of speculation? Does she not know there's a edit option on her phone? I can't wait to hear the circular responses to all the questions that video will bring up.

• Love 3

I really want to ask Derrick a question about his stance on LGBT adoptions and abortion.   I don't see how the country can ban abortion and allow adoption agencies to discriminate.  I really want to know what Derrick plans on doing with all the unwanted children. 

• Love 5

Most Americans aren't worried about being perceived as bullies in the same way.

Go watch Celebrities Read Mean Tweets on youtube. People say all kinds of horrible things about celebrities all the time. Or read the comments on any article on on-line. 

And then some people prefer to keep their opinions to themselves or only say nice things. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, duggarfan said:

He can't do either of those, let alone both at the same time.

I'll bet a quarter he has no idea what Star Wars is and just heard the saying in passing.  He's trying to be the shit, when in reality, he's just full of it.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I really want to ask Derrick a question about his stance on LGBT adoptions and abortion.   I don't see how the country can ban abortion and allow adoption agencies to discriminate.  I really want to know what Derrick plans on doing with all the unwanted children. 

Derick retweeted FRC’s link to this article, perhaps this will help:

https://t.co/mVbaCo1cWT?amp=1 

The terminology Derick uses in his tweets is found throughout the article.

• Love 2

I mentioned in another thread that I don't think JB pays his children/employees in money, but probably pays them in "Duggar Dollars" or some other chit based system. I think that JB works very hard to avoid paying taxes: I doubt he's paid income taxes in years, he lives outside the city and probably pays minimal property taxes, and he purchases things second-hand -- in part -- to avoid sales taxes when possible. I think that he may "pay" his children in houses, cars, phones, etc. rather than cash to avoid providing them with taxable income.

I also believe that the TLC money goes to Duggar Enterprises and is doled out as "Duggar Dollars" to obedient children. I think that's why Derick can say he was not paid for Counting On --  because he wasn't paid directly by TLC.

I was thinking about this earlier today, and think this may account for Derick taking his family in a "different direction." Whatever shenanigans JB is up to maybe technically legal, or they not be. I don't know what the legalities are about paying children to work in a family business, but the government taxes income and if Duggar Enterprises is paying the younger Duggars -- whether in cash or in kind -- it may be taxable. Derick may think that there is something illegal in these dealings and may want to stay far away. That may also be why he's been so vocal about not getting any money for the show -- he wants it out there in the public sphere that he's not part of this financial flim-flam (also, he's a giant ass-hat).

• Love 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, sixlets said:

I'll bet a quarter he has no idea what Star Wars is and just heard the saying in passing.  He's trying to be the shit, when in reality, he's just full of it.

I think Derick knows what Star Wars is. Jill and the rest of the Duggars probably don't know. Ben maybe doesn't know. Most of the fundies we follow wouldn't know. But Derick went to actual school with people who come from varying levels of religiosity. After high school, he went OSU. I'm sure he's seen atleast one Star Wars movie in his life, although most likely none of the movies that came out since he married Jill. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, graefin said:

There's another video on their YouTube channel of them roasting S'mores with Jessa/Ben and the kids. It's only 35 seconds long, but Jill manages to get "Yay!" in there *three* times, with the first "Yay!" being uttered within the first two seconds. At this point, three-year-old Israel has demonstrated more highly developed language skills than his 26-year-old mother.

Do you have the link for that? I can't find their YouTube channel. Thanks

On 5/5/2018 at 9:13 AM, BitterApple said:

Alyssa Bates recently posted pictures of her daughter's birthday and there was a massive flat screen in the background. I can't imagine they'd spend all that money on a TV just to play Veggie Tales DVD's for the kids, so it wouldn't surprise me if all these people are watching mainstream shows, even if they'd never admit to it on camera.

ITA the Bates watch tv and see what fashions are out there because they always seem to be on point with that everyone else is wearing.

• Love 4
On 5/5/2018 at 3:07 PM, madpsych78 said:

On a side note, one of the other videos is of Izzy blowing bubbles on the balcony, and talking about how he does it. I'm actually pretty impressed with his language development and his ability to go through each of the steps for a three-year-old, although most of the 2- and 3-year-old kiddos I evaluate have communication delays.

@madpsych78

I think you and I work in the same field. 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I'm in school psychology, but most of my caseload includes evaluating preschool-aged students for special education services.

Almost identical.  evaluating SLP with pre-school aged children

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 4

I really should know better by now that I need alcohol BEFORE viewing any video with Derilick and/or Jill in it.  Gods those yyyyaaaaaaayyyyyysss are making me more stabby then the photo of the food thrown in the van from Me'chelle.  And I organize for people for one of my jobs.  

• Love 8
On 5/6/2018 at 12:06 AM, Temperance said:

I think Derick knows what Star Wars is. Jill and the rest of the Duggars probably don't know. Ben maybe doesn't know. Most of the fundies we follow wouldn't know. But Derick went to actual school with people who come from varying levels of religiosity. After high school, he went OSU. I'm sure he's seen atleast one Star Wars movie in his life, although most likely none of the movies that came out since he married Jill. 

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if OSU ran popular movies in an auditorium for students once a week or something similar.  

• Love 1

So I was rereading one of my favorite books, The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, and this passage really reminded me of Derick.  Apologies for the language, but it's a direct quote. Some context, the character Don Federico is gay, likes to perform in drag, and was just beaten by the police.

“Not evil,” Fermín objected. “Moronic, which isn’t quite the same thing. Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron or a lout, however, doesn’t stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced that he’s doing good, that he’s always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around fucking up, if you’ll excuse the French, anyone he perceives to be different from himself, be it because of skin color, creed, language, nationality, or, as in the case of Don Federico, his leisure habits. "

• Love 23
(edited)
On 5/5/2018 at 4:11 PM, Buggin said:

So...some TV personalities called Derick out for him being a TV personality who insulted another family and he’s the one being bullied?

Mm k.

He has to perpetuate the "Christians are persecuted!" narrative and all....

How dare he claim that  he (poor, widdle, "innocent," "loving Christian" Derick is being bullied when he legitimately BULLIED a CHILD (Jazz) with his social media posts!

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 18