Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Funny how Jill and Derick suddenly dropped off the face of the earth when Jessa's wedding was unfolding. I have to admit, I was sick and tired of her constant posts and publicity she was receiving. Glad to have a break from her. We won't hear from her until contraction time, I hope.

• Love 1

Or the puppet masters of this whole road show ordered her to lay low for a while so as not to steal Jessa's thunder?  That seems more likely to me.

Isn't there a recyclable, biodegradable form of disposable dinnerwear (not Styrofoam)?  If so, I'd be all over that myself.

Yep.  There are several kinds.  A Google search will easily turn them up.  Here's one:

http://letsgogreen.biz/pages/plates_cups.html

• Love 3

I think she's past her first trimester now, so the morning sickness should abate.

I wish I believed that Derick asked her to back off on the social media, or that they were too busy enjoying their new lives to post endless selfies, but I don't think that's the case. I don't think Derick would have agreed to talks about a spin-off -- and Jill has said that they have cameras in the house -- if he was going to try for some semblance of a normal private life.

TLC may have asked them to dial it back. When they were first married, there was a lot of good will toward them -- even on this board full of snarkers. Now, I think they are over-exposed and everyone is sick of them. If they don't dial it back and generate some curiosity about their lives, there won't be a spin-off.

And -- just my personal opinion -- I can't imagine watching a spin-off. I don't want to see Jill give birth, I don't want to hear about her "heart for the Lord," I don't want to watch the hi-jinks as the whole Duggar family descends for an impromptu dinner. Just no.

• Love 7

My morning/noon/night sickness lasted six months and I only managed to get it under control with medication that Jill may not be comfortable taking. My own mother's was so severe that the doctor told her pre-Roe v Wade that if they couldn't get it under control they would have to consider aborting the baby (me). The medication she took resulted in lifelong effects, so Jill may really be between a rock and a hard place.

She really does look changed to me, at least, from the sparking girl in June. It will pass, but I know how menacing "morning sickness" can be, and how shocking it can be if you otherwise have associated pregnancy with health, which I think Jill in particular had done.

• Love 3

I'm sure that's true, and I'm sure that it's a lot different to actually *have* the morning sickness, rather than simply seeing a patient every few weeks who complains of the effects.

Not to make light of her pain, but maybe this is God's way of telling her that she doesn't need 19 kids of her own.

• Love 1

I'm going to hell for saying this, but I'm kind of glad Jill is getting severe morning sickness. I wonder if she's willing to go through it another 19x. Reality is going to hit her hard and maybe she'll realize that she's not built for birthin' out 19 little baby dills like Michelle did.

• Love 3

I don't know about that. She may view this as her chance to be a victim so to speak - I believe their mindset is quite horrifying and not something normal people would understand. Perhaps she thinks she has to suffer.

I'm really disappointed in Derick though, I did hope he would take her out of this craziness. Seems not

I don't know about that. She may view this as her chance to be a victim so to speak - I believe their mindset is quite horrifying and not something normal people would understand. Perhaps she thinks she has to suffer.

I'm really disappointed in Derick though, I did hope he would take her out of this craziness. Seems not

It's still early. Undoing a lifetime of programming will have to be done slowly. And given the closeness to her family, somewhat surreptitiously.

• Love 2

I've found that it's the converted who become the true zealots.  Think Michelle and Kirk Cameron.  That's not to say that Derick will go down this path.

• Love 1

I'm sure that's true, and I'm sure that it's a lot different to actually *have* the morning sickness, rather than simply seeing a patient every few weeks who complains of the effects.

Not to make light of her pain, but maybe this is God's way of telling her that she doesn't need 19 kids of her own.

If Jill is experiencing that same toxic morning sickness that Kate Middleton has - I know it has a name but it escapes me now - I'm certain she'll never have 19 biological children. She may not even have 4 of them.

• Love 1

I think Jill will relish in being one of those women who tells horrendous childbirth stories and how she was in nine million hours of labor, etc.

Yes, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Jill take this route. But I still believe she'll limit the pregnancies if her morning sickness is as bad as I've read this hyperemesis can be. It sounds just awful.

• Love 1

Yes, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Jill take this route. But I still believe she'll limit the pregnancies if her morning sickness is as bad as I've read this hyperemesis can be. It sounds just awful.

Both pregnancies I had eight weeks of living minute to minute with severe morning sickness. I'm pro life but the first time I experienced this I actually wondered about abortion. Everyone I know that lived through this condition has only had one or two kids.
  • Love 1

My sister-in-law had this condition and managed to have five kids. She was a devout Catholic and did her duty. All of her children have married and topped out at two per family. SIL thinks that's fine.

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 1

The good news about hyperemesis is that while you are statistically higher to have it with subsequent pregnancies, you still may not. Especially if you leave several years between pregnancies. (Which Jill may not do.)

Seriously, mine was so bad that even when I found out I was pregnant with my second, a much wanted and planned pregnancy, I actually had something like PTSD when I realized what I might be going through. I was terrified I wasn't strong enough to go through it again. Ironically, I lost that pregnancy (hyperemesis is often a good indicator against miscarriage) but never had morning sickness. Never had it on the subsequent pregnancy after that, which was successful. Hopefully Jill will never go through this again to this degree. I was sorry to hear Kate Middleton had to endure it a second time.

• Love 1

Both pregnancies I had eight weeks of living minute to minute with severe morning sickness. I'm pro life but the first time I experienced this I actually wondered about abortion. Everyone I know that lived through this condition has only had one or two kids.

Can completely understand that. I don't even like having a four-hour tummy bug - I CANNOT imagine living for months with hyperemesis. Read a little about it - saw a very instructive video someone posted on YouTube as well. And it sounds truly gruesome. I haven't heard that Jill has it - she may just have a bad case of "regular" morning sickness. But Kate Middleton was officially diagnosed - and I bet that poor kid doesn't have the luxury of being miserable with it. With royal flunkies around all the time, she probably has to try and be pleasant when she's absolutely out. Stiff uppah lip and all that. Hopefully she's been able to go home for a while and let her mom take care of her and that cute little George...

I have a condition and have had it for many years that causes severe vomiting and excruciating pain.  I spent last Oct-Dec unable to do anything or even hold water down.  Then a month in hospital getting fluids and finally a surgery that did not cure the problem.  Then a month recuperating, and now it's back to just nausea, pain, and vomiting a few times a week.  It will get worse.  It always does, and I'm surprised at the violence of it.  I wish I was well.  But at least I have sympathy for the severe morning sickness.  I can easily understand Princess Kate having to go to hospital last time.  It must cause extra worry about the baby on board.  At least I just know I've torn up my stomach, am losing my perfect teeth, and losing calcium throughout the body.  No wonder.

That sound terrible and frightening, Micks Picks.

About the only thing about hyperemesis is that it doesn't seem to hurt the baby at all, and is even a good sign against miscarriage. But it can be potentially harmful to the mother in terms of bone loss, teeth loss - the things you mention above.

• Love 1

If Jill is experiencing that same toxic morning sickness that Kate Middleton has - I know it has a name but it escapes me now - I'm certain she'll never have 19 biological children. She may not even have 4 of them.

It depends how seriously she takes the no birth control edict. Even if she doesn't try as hard as Michelle does to get pregnant, she has a good 15-20 years of fertility ahead of her.  Unless they actively try not to get pregnant, I think she's looking at at least 10 kids.

Does anyone know for sure if Jill's condition was/is as severe as Duchess Kate's? She was under an obstetrician's care and hospitalized for it, like you said, loss of fluids, etc., is dangerous. If Jill had the same situation, did she just have to "gut it out" at home and drink Gatorade? I would think (and hope) that Cathy Byrum and Derick, two of whom may have some common sense here, have advised Jill to get herself a real doctor to care for her during this time....I don't think she should have taken any of her dream land-minded mother's advice to "sit at home and vomit" because it's so godly and worth it...

• Love 3

I don't think Jill had HG.  It's of the can't lift your head off the pillow without vomiting kind of thing.  Jill was talking about what foods she could eat and was seen out and about some.  There is 24 hour a day queasiness and vomiting a couple times a day and that is not HG.  HG is severe and includes losing weight and having chemical imbalances from excessive vomiting. 

• Love 3

Personally I think she is keeping quiet and is over most of her morning sickness.

I really feel Jill has met her match (and likes it) in Derick. I do not expect her to have as many kids as one would think. Certain more than the average couple but not 10 and counting. I don't mind being wrong so....

• Love 2

That sound terrible and frightening, Micks Picks.

About the only thing about hyperemesis is that it doesn't seem to hurt the baby at all, and is even a good sign against miscarriage. But it can be potentially harmful to the mother in terms of bone loss, teeth loss - the things you mention above.

I've heard that - in general - about morning sickness. That the sickness itself indicates good protective hormones are getting into the mother's bloodstream etc to help her carry the baby. Until now I'd assumed that it was just something doctors told women to help them contend with the misery of it - but I'm glad to hear there may be some truth to it. If you know morning sickness actually helps the baby, it makes it easier to cope.

There has been one really good book, to my knowledge published on the subject, but I'm not in a position to look it up at the moment. (I'm sure there are medical type publications, but I'm talking about a book for general readers.)

I'm basing my interpretation on how sick she was on how she looked on the TLC online video. She'd clearly lost weight (and suddenly) the way you do. And she had that exhausted, white face that is all too familiar to me. You don't have to me hospitalized and constantly bedridden for this to take over your life and make it miserable. Especially if you were someone who had enjoyed robust health before.

I felt very sorry for her in that video. (It's not at all worth watching, by the way, as all she does is sort of rattle on about her parents marriage and what an inspiration it was for her.)

Oh God, when is it going to end? The Duggars are just whoring for attention at this point. The whole "uproar" over the Binessa kiss would have died down in a few days if the rest of the family hadn't thrown gasoline on the fire by posting their own make-out pics. They really need to stop with the "look at me!" antics. It's lame. Married people kissing? Ooooh, how provocative!!!!!

• Love 8

Where's the tongue action? 

Yeah, I'm really not seeing anything remotely "steamy" in any of these lip-lock pictures. Not even lip-lock. They look very much like the first behind-the-school kisses of twelve or thirteen year junior high kids. Anna and Jessa with their hands behind their husbands' heads are about as "hot" as it gets, which is not very hot. 

• Love 2

This TV spot was on last night after 19 Kids during "Risking It All".

http://www.inquisitr.com/1619601/first-look-at-baby-dilly-jill-and-derick-dillard-share-ultrasound-photo-for-19-kids-season-finale-video/

Why do they have a ping pong table in one of their rooms?? I'd hoped they'd decorate nicely. Never mind, they are in the Duggar Compound..

They seem excited. Very cute when Derick was describing feeling Baby Dilly move. I'm sure we'll see a lot more next season since they've been sharing so much.

Edited by jb0495

Women carry differently so that could be part of it.  Also, I still maintain that Jill has been sticking her abdomen forward since the day she found out she was pregnant and she dresses to emphasize the bump.  Kate Middleton in the first pregnancy and so far in this one has dressed to disguise it somewhat.

• Love 1

I suppose there could be twins in there, but it's also possible that Jill 'shows' earlier than you'd expect.  I once met a woman in a store that I'd worked with in the past and knew that she was expecting two months later than I was, and my baby was late but already six weeks old.  There she was, in a pair of sweat pants and looking like she'd already delivered and was just waiting for her uterus to contract.  Turned out that she was still pregnant, and didn't have her 10 lb. baby for another week.  I still want to cuss her out.

Then there's someone else I know, who had to start wearing maternity pants by the time she was three months along.

Both women were slender, but they both had good sized babies. 

Maybe Jill is 'carrying forward'.

Yup...I have a photo of myself pregnant with my first at just shy of 5 months in which I look bigger than I do in a photo of myself in a subsequent pregnancy at 8 months. The first I carried way forward, and the third (last) seemed to be perched practically on my tailbone the whole time. I also remember meeting a woman...tall, gorgeous, thin...at a semi-formal function...She barely looked pregnant at all in her elegant and somewhat form-fitting gown, and I assumed she was maybe 3 or 4 months along at most, but it turned out she was actually due in 2 weeks. I think I might have snarled a little.

Also, in the subject of morning sickness, while mine was never debilitating, I do recall with my first pregnancy being especially sensitive to smells, and actually going through a few weeks when I couldn't be in close proximity to my husband as his particular body odor (not something I could ever smell at any other time) would actually make me throw up. No one else's body chemistry had that effect on me except diabetics. I was working as a pharmacy tech at the time, and could smell a diabetic whenever they came through the door...it was always the people who were coming in for their insulin refills. Interestingly, my husband was diagnosed with diabetes earlier this year, but it's been 30 years since my first pregnancy so I doubt he had it then. Though he is very, very borderline, so who knows? Maybe there was something brewing? Sorry, that got a bit off topic, but the last bit just occurred to me as I was typing.

At any rate, pregnancies are so different from each other that speculations based on size or the severity of morning sickness are really sort of pointless.

• Love 9

Ok, was that video taken in the Duggar family compound, not the Dilly mansion?  Because otherwise why is there a sign on the wall behind them that says "Duggar Family"?  I assume their house would have a sign saying "Dillard Family."

• Love 4