Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Fosca said:

Sorry about the quote box.

My guess on what went wrong with Samuel's birth, based on nothing but Duggars crying and a seemingly healthy baby along with radio silence about the birth:  hysterectomy or other permanent loss of fertility. 

I doubt Jill had a hysterectomy. I'm a nurse, not a doctor, and I don't work in L & D so maybe doodlebug can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think birth-related complications leading to a hysterectomy or sterility are really uncommon. All I can think of are uncontrolled hemorrhage and maybe uterine rupture, and both of those are unusual. The doctor may have told her that since she'd had a second c-section she shouldn't plan on having 10 more kids, though. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I doubt Jill had a hysterectomy. I'm a nurse, not a doctor, and I don't work in L & D so maybe doodlebug can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think birth-related complications leading to a hysterectomy or sterility are really uncommon. All I can think of are uncontrolled hemorrhage and maybe uterine rupture, and both of those are unusual. The doctor may have told her that since she'd had a second c-section she shouldn't plan on having 10 more kids, though. 

I agree, it is unlikely Jill had a hysterectomy.  It's not impossible, but very improbable.

• Love 4

If the suspicion is that Jill had no hysterectomy and that Samuel is 'ok', why the silence about his delivery and birth? Just not like them. The Dillards didn't even come out with a statement that all is well and they're bowing out to an extent from publicity at this time and opting to live a more private life?

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, floridamom said:

If the suspicion is that Jill had no hysterectomy and that Samuel is 'ok', why the silence about his delivery and birth? Just not like them. The Dillards didn't even come out with a statement that all is well and they're bowing out to an extent from publicity at this time and opting to live a more private life?

I think it's far more likely that Jill has suffered post partum depression, maybe even a PTSD type reaction, and is way too emotionally fragile to appear on camera and talk about the birth.  Since they aren't ones for psychiatry or psych meds (Michelle's xanax doesn't count), they're probably trying to pray the demons out of her and tell her she isn't feeling what she's feeling.  

As far as a birth episode, maybe we'll get one but I think it's quite possible that between Jill's poor medical decisions, absolutely nutty behavior from Derick and the ultimate emotional breakdown at the hospital as Jill realized Jesus wasn't going to give her the perfect birth of her dreams;  they may not have gotten enough usable footage.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 17
40 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

At least he doesn't sugar coat to appease anyone. I actually respect that. 

Same here. I mean "respect" may be too strong a word but I always prefer honesty. I dislike fundies who keep sweet in the public eye while avoiding being direct about their beliefs.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, toodles said:

A job since he was five?  I don't think taking out the garbage and cleaning your room count as a job.

He did say school/job...so I guess justifying that he has had full-time "employment" in the sense of having had something to do with his time since then. Still seems a bit of a stretch. Most people don't tend to include elementary school on their resumes to prove they did something other than sit around the house.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 15

Ooh D-man a little touchy are we? Must have hit a nerve. So let's see, who are you employed with and getting a salary with right now? TLC doesn't count. If you have, as you say, had a job for 23 years then why would you have to ask for donations to help support your wife and yourself? Don't be touchy, just a question. 

• Love 15
On 10/11/2017 at 10:38 PM, Nysha said:

I love this! I am totally stealing it and using it whenever my holier-than-thou relatives start on about their miraculous healings.

*As a Christian, I'm a firm believer in Matthew 5:45 (Matthew 5 & 6 are pretty powerful clues on how God expects Christians to live.)

You have my full consent to use it and even take credit for it. ?

• Love 2

My opinion is that Derick's facts are a bit confusing. I read his LinkedIn page a while ago. It states before his 'ministries', that he worked for WalMart, attended college, performed at Pistol Pete, lifeguard duty, but no other earlier employment mentioned.

6 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

Ooh D-man a little touchy are we? Must have hit a nerve. So let's see, who are you employed with and getting a salary with right now? TLC doesn't count. If you have, as you say, had a job for 23 years then why would you have to ask for donations to help support your wife and yourself? Don't be touchy, just a question. 

That's what I meant in my previous post (now edited for clarity). Somehow he seems to think that by accounting for his time, since he was five, by including elementary school and whatever random "ministry" he was involved in, he feels he was justified in not holding down a traditional 9-5 job throughout every one of those years. Which, of course, includes those recent years of missioncation pursuits. Doing the Lord's work trumps all that in any case!

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

He did say school/job...so I guess justifying that he has had full-time "employment" in the sense of having had something to do with his time since then. Still seems a bit of a stretch. Most people don't tend to include elementary school on their resumes to prove they did something other than sit around the house.

He had to PAY for his stint in Nepal, and soliciting donations while in Danger America implies that SOS didn't pay him, either. So that's about four years of unpaid "work" right there. And now, he attempted to grift school tuition, or money so Jill could go on trips with him, like DC, when he already has TLC $$$$ in the bank.

Nice try though.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Sammy is much darker than his fair skinned parents and brother. I thought maybe he was jaundiced. 

HUGE speculation. Maybe there was more than just an assault by a shower caddy? Like I said HUGE speculation, however the abortion rants then and now, and very few pictures of Sam.

I've seen internet chatter about Sammy's darker skin as well. In this particular case people were speculating that Jill may have had an affair while down in CA. While it's  highly unlikely that Muffy would ever cheat, my mind immediately went to the same dark place yours did GEEGOLLY. Jill's breakdown over a seemingly silly shower rod combined with Derick's anti-abortion rants and general unhinged manner and the strange radio silence around the birth all came to mind.  I hope we're both very wrong as that would be a horrifying scenario. 

• Love 5

I didn't see any difference between tortilla head Sammy and Izzy. And even if he's a little darker, Derelict is a bit olive-skinned. Kind of like Jessa in coloring. So, any Duggarspawn could come out light olive-skinned; they're not all going to look like Aryan Youth, especially JinJer's kids. More dark brunette in their gene pool. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

He had to PAY for his stint in Nepal, and soliciting donations while in Danger America implies that SOS didn't pay him, either. So that's about four years of unpaid "work" right there. And now, he attempted to grift school tuition, or money so Jill could go on trips with him, like DC, when he already has TLC $$$$ in the bank.

Nice try though.

So since he graduated college he did one year at Walmart and the rest were grifted missions? Besides Counting On? Is Pistol Pete a paid gig?

• Love 2

If it was any other Pistol Pete, he'd have been paid with women. But this is Derelict we're talking about. ?

But I reminded him that his stint in Nepal was volunteer work and vegging for money in Danger America wasn't a good look if he was also receiving a salary from SOS. If so, way to double dip, asshole. Especially with TLC money stashed away to live on. Maybe I'll go on Twitter and ask him when he last paid rent. *crickets*

• Love 5

From the website, 2 people are Pistol Pete, and they split time. Also, I don't know if the student gets the money, or the school, but I would grab as many appearances as possible:

Pistol Pete is a full time student and appears at numerous OSU Athletic and Department Events. Schedule permitting, Pistol Pete appears at other special events (birthday parties, wedding receptions, etc). The fee is .75 per mile round trip and $100 for a 30 minute appearance.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lulu69 said:

I've seen internet chatter about Sammy's darker skin as well. In this particular case people were speculating that Jill may have had an affair while down in CA. While it's  highly unlikely that Muffy would ever cheat, my mind immediately went to the same dark place yours did GEEGOLLY. Jill's breakdown over a seemingly silly shower rod combined with Derick's anti-abortion rants and general unhinged manner and the strange radio silence around the birth all came to mind.  I hope we're both very wrong as that would be a horrifying scenario. 

Pretty much off-topic, but skin tone does not have to be a huge factor. In my dad's family, he and his two brothers, of all Polish ancerstry, all looked very much like their father but the oldest boy had significantly darker skin. He married a very pale-skinned Irish girl, and two of their children had that complexion, while the third has his dad's darker skin, but looks more like his maternal grandmother's line than anyone in his more recent relatives. Genetics is a weird and fascinating thing!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

If it was any other Pistol Pete, he'd have been paid with women. But this is Derelict we're talking about. ?

But I reminded him that his stint in Nepal was volunteer work and vegging for money in Danger America wasn't a good look if he was also receiving a salary from SOS. If so, way to double dip, asshole. Especially with TLC money stashed away to live on. Maybe I'll go on Twitter and ask him when he last paid rent. *crickets*

According to Derick

https://mobile.twitter.com/derick4Him/status/920023131535888384?p=v

But I reminded him that his stint in Nepal was volunteer work and vegging for money in Danger America wasn't a good look if he was also receiving a salary from SOS. If so, way to double dip, asshole.

3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

That was my tweet he responded to! ?

I asked him about paying Cross Church for that program. 

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

I think speculating that Samuel is a product of rape based only on a subjective belief that he is darker-skinned than Izzy and the fact that Jill and Derick haven't shared all the gory birth details is a bit beyond the pale. 

I have to agree on that one.  Someone suggested on Twitter that Jilly shared her muffin with someone else, which I also doubt since she's humorless and too uptight to fart, let alone cheat.

• Love 12

Yeah, as my last post indicated, I don't think Jill cheated. Who on earth would she cheat with whilst ganging like a limpet off Derelict's arm every possible second that she can? It makes zero sense. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

• Love 8

This whole thing seems to be my fault. I was the one who asked for credible "sources" on Sunday, then he started with that hashtag. I didn't realize it until I saw my stream (which I've never really had because before this I've never posted on twitter). But yeah. Blame me for his blow up about credibility. And where's @Churchhoney? She did all the research about the Nepal venture. I'd love to have the #facts before going after him again, but IIRC, it was another Cross Church venture in which they couldn't send the kids as missionaries due to Nepal's rules, but he was a "tour guide" who did knows lord knows what while he was there. But the bottom line is that Cross Church would never pay a kid just out of college with a degree in Accounting money to convert people. How stupid does he think people are?

If Chruchie can't/won't tweet the truth about the program, give me the info, and I will. I just need the links. I tried looking it up on Cross Chruch's website on my phone earlier today, but I just came up with one mission program they do now that lasts no longer than two months. There was SOME "tour guide" thing he did, and I think he did it through Cross Church. 

Maybe they don't have the program any longer? If anyone knows, it's Churchie. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

The doctor may have told her that since she'd had a second c-section she shouldn't plan on having 10 more kids, though. 

I just don't think this would be enough for crying Duggars, as I doubt they would believe a doctor about this rather than trust Jesus to give Jill umpteen kids anyway because Duggars are just so special!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

This whole thing seems to be my fault. I was the one who asked for credible "sources" on Sunday, then he started with that hashtag. I didn't realize it until I saw my stream (which I've never really had because before this I've never posted on twitter). But yeah. Blame me for his blow up about credibility. And where's @Churchhoney? She did all the research about the Nepal venture. I'd love to have the #facts before going after him again, but IIRC, it was another Cross Church venture in which they couldn't send the kids as missionaries due to Nepal's rules, but he was a "tour guide" who did knows lord knows what while he was there. But the bottom line is that Cross Church would never pay a kid just out of college with a degree in Accounting money to convert people. How stupid does he think people are?

If Chruchie can't/won't tweet the truth about the program, give me the info, and I will. I just need the links. I tried looking it up on Cross Chruch's website on my phone earlier today, but I just came up with one mission program they do now that lasts no longer than two months. There was SOME "tour guide" thing he did, and I think he did it through Cross Church. 

Maybe they don't have the program any longer? If anyone knows, it's Churchie. 

I guess I'm Der-elict in my duty!

I haven't actually looked at any of this. I've had too much to do to be following this horror show closely of late -- I don't even know what hashtag you're talking about!

The Nepal thing involved the SBC missionary board -- so it was pretty easy to dig around in the details of that huge long-time program, which is subject to all sorts of international requirements, to figure out what the deal was. But I don't even know where to look to find Cross Church programs. And I kind of doubt that they'd be described anywhere in the same official way that the SBC missionary board describes their stuff. This is just a smallish program of an individual church, we're thinking, right? Not a denominational thing or anything? 

If I get some time, I'll look, though. Because now I'm curious! 

On 10/14/2017 at 3:10 PM, cmr2014 said:

I simply can't imagine what the purpose of this would be.

First of all, everyone who agrees with him, agrees with him. It is so banal and obvious in his world that i can't imagine what would inspire anyone to post it at all.

So, for no reason and with no provocation, he posts something infalmmatory with nothing to back it up -- not even any Bible verses -- for what? He can't be trying to change anyone's mind can he? Is he trying to gin up controversy and get kicked off the show? Will getting fired -- again -- earn him points with Jesus?

Yeah, but tons of other people post the same kind of thing. I'm guessing they all have the same motivation -- feeling certain that they're absolutely right and on God's side and that this nation, including in its laws, has gone the way of the devil. And that they have a duty to just keep saying this over and over in an attempt to make the rest of us see the truth. It's not just Derick. 

I have to say, though, that I have even less respect for Bin and the rest of the Duggars these days than I do for ever-preaching Der and Jer. The others believe this exact same stuff -- but they're keeping quiet about their beliefs these days  for money.  That just adds greed and hypocrisy to self-righteousness, in my opinion. 

• Love 6
On 10/15/2017 at 1:28 PM, Lunera said:

Oh, boy. It's like he's committing career suicide, if he had one. 

I don't get why this is career suicide. Aren't they on tv as examples of the deep conservative-Christian lifestyle? And don't we suppose that the majority of their fans are part of that culture? ... So why would it be career suicide to picture himself paying homage to a big political hero of the conservative-Christian community? .... I'm confused by this. Do you think that TLC wants to hide everything that's distinctive about their beliefs? ... And if so -- wow. That's even more network hypocrisy than I thought there was. Why would you show them at all if you weren't going to show anything that they actually are? And don't even the hate watchers get their thrills out of how much they disagree with Duggar beliefs? What's their to disagree with if none of their beliefs are actually shown? ... Definitely confused. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So since he graduated college he did one year at Walmart and the rest were grifted missions? Besides Counting On? Is Pistol Pete a paid gig?

Well, Nepal wasn't necessarily grifted. He did get paid a modest sum for working for the tour company, certainly. Some Americans working unofficially with the SBC (as Derick was but under a different but related program) set up businesses to employ locals and some Christian visitors so they can bring receptive locals together with American Baptists interested in helping with conversion. And those companies are real businesses that do pay their workers.

He wouldn't have needed much money once he was in Nepal, probably, so I think it's possible that he and his family paid the extra -- he may have supplemented that with donations, but if he did that's a part of the missionary tradition, just as long as he really was just paying for his needs and not going to Duggar levels -- and since he wasn't a Duggar yet he may not have turned it into actual grifting.

The thing is, he's not supposed to talk about any of that in terms of performing a mission because the SBC doesn't want to raise international suspicions about having a lot of Christian "secret agents" running around the world preaching without obtaining one of the limited number of missionary visas. And since the tour company he worked for is almost certainly part of another SBC ploy to get around the visa restrictions, he'd be asked to shut up about that as well as about the rest of it. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I guess I'm Der-elict in my duty!

I haven't actually looked at any of this. I've had too much to do to be following this horror show closely of late -- I don't even know what hashtag you're talking about!

The Nepal thing involved the SBC missionary board -- so it was pretty easy to dig around in the details of that huge long-time program, which is subject to all sorts of international requirements, to figure out what the deal was. But I don't even know where to look to find Cross Church programs. And I kind of doubt that they'd be described anywhere in the same official way that the SBC missionary board describes their stuff. This is just a smallish program of an individual church, we're thinking, right? Not a denominational thing or anything? 

If I get some time, I'll look, though. Because now I'm curious! 

He claims that he was salaried in Nepal. I am 99.9% certain that your research revealed that he had to pay for the privilege to be a "tour guide" in Nepal. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't get why this is career suicide. Aren't they on tv as examples of the deep conservative-Christian lifestyle? And don't we suppose that the majority of their fans are part of that culture? ... So why would it be career suicide to picture himself paying homage to a big political hero of the conservative-Christian community? .... I'm confused by this. Do you think that TLC wants to hide everything that's distinctive about their beliefs? ... And if so -- wow. That's even more network hypocrisy than I thought there was. Why would you show them at all if you weren't going to show anything that they actually are? And don't even the hate watchers get their thrills out of how much they disagree with Duggar beliefs? What's their to disagree with if none of their beliefs are actually shown? ... Definitely confused. 

I think half of their fans are leghumpers and the other half is people who watch out of curiosity. The reason I started to watch was because I found a family with 18 kids interesting and them being Christian made them seem more wholesome. TLC definitely wants to keep that audience that's why they avoid filming them at their anti-abortion and anti-gay protests. Derick, in a way, is committing career suicide because his only income is the TV show and he's jeopardizing it by bringing into light all their hateful beliefs. If you look at the comments on that post the majority are calling him out as a fake Christian and many unfollowed.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

He claims that he was salaried in Nepal. I am 99.9% certain that your research revealed that he had to pay for the privilege to be a "tour guide" in Nepal. 

Not exactly. He wasn't paid and supported by the missionary board as a missionary. That's what I was saying.

But the company he worked for was most likely a "real" business in the sense that it paid its workers -- both American and Nepali. It would have to do that to escape government scrutiny for potentially being a front operation of some kind. So he almost certainly would have gotten a modest salary from them.  The whole point for both the business owner and for Derick was to be able to show evidence that they were in Nepal for another reason than trying to convert people. So if he were living entirely on missionary donations, the government would get a clue! Ditto for the business owner running a "business" where he didn't pay people -- it wouldn't stand up to government scrutiny.

At the same time, though, the tour business was a front in the sense that it was run by an American businessperson who was also stealthily working for the SBC. They have a special program for this, although I forget what it's called.

In the business person's case, the job seems to be  to provide a venue where locals can hang around with American Baptists interested in converting people and to provide modestly paying jobs -- and therefore legal cover and some financial support -- for young tourists/students like Derick who are stealth missionarying and for local folks ripe for conversion. The business would be viewed by its local workers as an economic boon and would also provide a venue to get locals together with stealth missionaries and foster friendships potentially leading to conversion. 

9 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I think half of their fans are leghumpers and the other half is people who watch out of curiosity. The reason I started to watch was because I found a family with 18 kids interesting and them being Christian made them seem more wholesome. TLC definitely wants to keep that audience that's why they avoid filming them at their anti-abortion and anti-gay protests. Derick, in a way, is committing career suicide because his only income is the TV show and he's jeopardizing it by bringing into light all their hateful beliefs. If you look at the comments on that post the majority are calling him out as a fake Christian and many unfollowed.

I guess I was thinking that the audience was half people who believe what they do and half people who hatewatch and would enjoy hatewatching more if they saw more of the Duggars' beliefs! But I can see that you may be quite right that a lot of watchers are mainly driven by curiosity about an interesting family and might find the beliefs a big turnoff instead. (The prospect of his doing this thrills me, of course. Although I want to see the whole family get kicked off tv, not just the ones who say honestly what they think!) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, toodles said:

A job since he was five?  I don't think taking out the garbage and cleaning your room count as a job.

Did he work in sweatshop somewhere sewing basketballs or something?

For someone who graduated in accounting, his math skills sure are lacking.

(Come to think of it, he's a delusional jackass so I guess being creative with numbers comes in handy.)

• Love 8

And small minded, hypocritical bigots should not be allowed in the general public or be allowed judge others without taking a hard long look at themselves. *cough* Duggars *cough* I like Target. In fact, the hubby and I brought a new microwave Saturday afternoon at Target. Take that Derick!