Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, abstractstuff said:

Oh hey alright! Thanks for the link. Interesting, still weird.  That cobbler shake sounds good.

Yeah I'm not sure the "chocolate shell" factoid makes it better, heh, considering that it probably gets dipped in shell straight from the dishwasher and thus might as well be hot fudge, but I was disturbingly intrigued by the link's homemade Nutty Buddy.  (I'm a little obsessed with non-local food offerings in general.)

• Love 2

Apologies in advance if this was already discussed.  I want to address a few things I read in this article...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/‘we-are-headed-out’-jill-duggar-dillard-and-family-return-to-central-america/ar-AAn20qS

So Dr. Jill Midwife didn't realize that childbirth is unpredictable?!?!?  I guess she missed that chapter in midwife school.  Textbook deliveries are not the norm.  She should know this from experience through her attending births!  Even the most detailed birth plan will go out the window once labor starts.  That baby and the mom's body dictate what happens.  Not a piece of paper that says "everything will be fine as long as I have my birthing pool and the Good Book beside me."

And this whole idea of going back to DA and returning to the States to give birth?  I'm thinking this trip will be a very short one.  Most airlines won't let a pregnant woman fly past her 36th week.  37 if it's a short flight, which this is not.  She is supposedly due in July, which means they will need to return in late May or early June.  It's mid-February now, so that's only a 3-4 month stay.  And I'm sure they won't go back immediately after spawn #2 is delivered because taking care of two little ones without sister mom intervention will not be easy.  Jill had apparent difficulties with one.  Imagine having to wrangle a toddler and care for an infant in a foreign country without help from her H.I.T.s (helpmeets in training).  

Which brings me to the grifting.  Their stay this trip will be approximately three months.  I read in the previous posts that they want $24,000?  Which totals $8,000 a month for this trip?  Are they planning on using it to build another hospitality house?  Or to build a school?  Or to buy clothing or shoes or books for the kids they "serve?"  I agree with those who said that their "charity" should be investigated.  They can't say what the money is going to other than living expenses?  I call BS on this.  And what about the leghumpers and confused pensioners who actually donate to their "cause"?  Is their donation tax deductible?  Isn't that a sign of a true charity, that donations are able to be deducted?

Again, sorry if this was already addressed.  I'm just agape at the way the Dillards think.  It's insanity at it's finest!

• Love 19

Or start selling essential oils, Plexus, or the lipsticks like other fundie women. 

Or that godawful LulaRoe shit.

Ok first, Missy Vixen, thanks for taking one for the team. Awesome piece of literature, there.

Second, a grandiose scheme like Derick's is going to require one of those !DONATE! buttons with  black and white imbeded rotating spirals , like they used to use in cartoons to hypnotize people (or on that 60s show The Time Machine)

Third, when I was in my 20s I kept signing up in community college so I could say I was a student to cover up that I was 100% lazy, 100% unmotivated and 100% confused.  I grew out of it at around Derricks age and started down a career path.  DEREK -- LEARN FROM MY PAIN!!

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

And that's just to cover THEIR expenses. How "frugal" of you, Dullard. Where's all that TLC and People money? The extra dollars they want are for rice, beans, and fingernail polish. 

And cans of tomato sauce for Izzy y'all?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Almost 3000 said:

I want to know what happened to all the wedding gifts they got? Returned for cash, at  the TTH or just sitting in storage? Wasn't it figured out that it was over $100,000.

The general consensus is everything, or at least the overflow, ended up at the TTH. Jill was asking for doubles of household items most people would only need one of, such as irons, vacuums, mixers, pot and pan sets, etc. They probably kept some stuff to stock the Pool House but I think the bulk of it went to Boob and Michelle.

• Love 3
Just now, BitterApple said:

The general consensus is everything, or at least the overflow, ended up at the TTH. Jill was asking for doubles of household items most people would only need one of, such as irons, vacuums, mixers, pot and pan sets, etc. They probably kept some stuff to stock the Pool House but I think the bulk of it went to Boob and Michelle.

Yes, I get that. My question was more about their past lack of transparency for things given to them. We still don't even really know Derick's story about his mouth which might be interesting (or not).

The flight home won't matter.  Jill's coming back home to the States so the airlines will let her fly whenever she wants.  They can't force her to give birth in CA.  I've had several friends fly in the last month for whatever reasons.

Maybe a little unrealistically, I'm hoping the biggest portion of the $24,000 is health insurance in preparation for a hospital birth. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I always thought any organization registered as a 501(c)(3) had to make their financials public, but I've yet to see anything released by the Dullards. I'm not an accountant or tax expert though, so maybe I'm mistaken.

There isn't a lot of IRS staff to police this stuff. Most of the financials for nonprofits go public eventually. But there are a lot of nonprofits out there, and if the government is going to go after anyone for being slow to report, it's going to be the big guys. The Dullards aren't even microdot size. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

That just wrong on so many levels giving it to Boob and Michelle .  Yet people still donate.

• Love 3
On 2/14/2017 at 5:41 PM, MamaMax said:

If Jill doesn't feel fulfilled by motherhood and home duties, I am sure she feels super guilty about it.

I can guarantee that anyone who does NOT feel utterly fulfilled and full of joy at all times in their assigned role feels super, super guilty. You'll be a mother to many and a super-submissive wife and be HAPPY ABOUT IT!

23 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding (easy to do with anything Derrick or Jill write), but are they saying that they visit a village only once a week, or a village for an entire week (and then move on to another village). Those are vastly different things. If it's truly only once a week, what are they doing the other 6 days?

I wonder as well. Once a week is not terribly impressive.

2 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

MAybe they need all of that money to pay for the flights of family members who will be visiting them throughout their entire stay.  Flying first class ain't cheap.

23 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

They are begging for $24,000!

I am thinking it's for the emergency "get me out of here because my childbirth is going horribly wrong, after 3 days of it already being horribly wrong but I'm too stupid to know it" airlift out of Central America.

• Love 5

We're all righteously appalled at the $24,000 that Dreck asked for, but what if they get more than that? Interesting that Dreck suggested a $40 donation, instead of something like $10 that perhaps many people would be willing to give. What if they get $30K, $40K, $50K or more? What are they going to do with all that money???  

And like others have noted, once Jill has their baby, they'll be home again for many months. Outrageous!

• Love 8
23 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding (easy to do with anything Derrick or Jill write), but are they saying that they visit a village only once a week, or a village for an entire week (and then move on to another village). Those are vastly different things. If it's truly only once a week, what are they doing the other 6 days?

Remember, it takes Derrick 2-3 days to write a sermon. I imagine it takes just as long to choreograph an interpretive dance routine.

• Love 12

One person commented on the Dillard blog post that they would donate when they get their check at the end of the month. Which indicates to me that perhaps the person is on a fixed income like Social Security. That's what makes me most upset. People that already don't have much money being suckered in to giving to these grifters.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Interesting that they don't say when they are going.  We should just send money, no questions asked!

They left yesterday. Jill posted a link of Izzy at the airport gate.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Booey said:

One person commented on the Dillard blog post that they would donate when they get their check at the end of the month. Which indicates to me that perhaps the person is on a fixed income like Social Security. That's what makes me most upset. People that already don't have much money being suckered in to giving to these grifters.

My grandmother used to get suckered into donating to so many bullshit charities. The front desk staff at her assisted living even told her to toss out any solicitations she got in the mail, but she refused to listen. The idea of an elderly person scraping by on SSI and donating to a couple of lazy bums like Derick and Jill just breaks my heart. When the hell is karma going to come back around on this awful family?

• Love 15
3 hours ago, saylubee said:

Maybe a little unrealistically, I'm hoping the biggest portion of the $24,000 is health insurance in preparation for a hospital birth. 

If that's the case, then why not be honest and say so? Who paid the last bill for the emergency C-section? TLC?

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, lianau said:

And not just dance routines , think of him what you want but David doesn't strike me as lazy .

Exactly the reason for my post. David works, remodels the home, and is very big on keeping in shape! Lazy people wouldn't do all of that.

Hes a doer and a go getter, unlike anything Duggar.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

My grandmother used to get suckered into donating to so many bullshit charities. The front desk staff at her assisted living even told her to toss out any solicitations she got in the mail, but she refused to listen. The idea of an elderly person scraping by on SSI and donating to a couple of lazy bums like Derick and Jill just breaks my heart. When the hell is karma going to come back around on this awful family?

I know what you mean.  My Grandpa donated to any infomercial that showed starving children.  That got them on some kind of list where they started getting lots of solicitations by mail and phone.  They lived on a fixed income and grandma did the best she could to keep his donations to small amounts and always checked the mail before him and answered the phone to weed out the solicitations.  Once Grandma got her final illness she had a blood clot put her in a permanent coma.  Don't feel too bad for her, she was in her 90's and had said many times that she was ready to go, but she worried about what would happen to Grandpa.  She worried that he would put himself out on the street because the older he got, the less he seemed to understand that he would need to take care of his own bills before he gave to others.

My mom and one of her sisters started taking turns going over to visit every day and taking in the mail, so they could weed out the junk mail.  They got Grandpa to give up the old rotary phone by telling him the phone company wasn't using them anymore and got him a phone that had Caller ID and could block out the numbers from solicitors, but a lot of them just started calling him from different numbers and got to him that way.  I don't know why they didn't petition the courts to take over his financial accounts.  My mom and my aunt were constantly blocking numbers and whenever they could they would cancel one of Grandpa's existing donations.  When he died a few years later there wasn't enough left to pay for his funeral.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

If that's the case, then why not be honest and say so? Who paid the last bill for the emergency C-section? TLC?

Derick would have had access to Walmart health insurance at the time.  Since he had his mouth surgery a few weeks later, I bet he was trying to take advantage of having met the deductible.

Health insurance isn't cheap being self-employed.  Unless TLC somehow lets them buy into their insurance coverage as an "employee", they probably pay north of $1,000/mo on ACA.

• Love 2

They should take JD with them in the dangerous areas because he is a law enforcement professional. Yes, I was able to type the last sentence without cracking up laughing. I also want to know how Derick and Jill are thinking they are saving the heathen masses in the most violent areas by handing out bibles, teaching them how to make jewelry, and talk to them about how God will save them if they turn to the Duggar way of religious thinking will actually stop the violence. They both are so far away from reality it would take years for the search party to find them and help them learn real reality when it comes to stopping violence and helping crime victims.

We hope you'll consider partnering with us in this mission. In addition to the ministry outreach expenses, there are always monthly expenses for groceries, utilities, fuel, healthcare, etc. We have always purposed to live a frugal lifestyle and continue to do so in the mission field. When you give a donation to our ministry, you are helping our family cover living expenses to be able to remain on the field and helping reach so many precious lives. 

It's like EVERY FREAKING DUGGARISM EVER  in one paragraph!!! I want to vomit! 

• Love 19

Is it just me or is it annoying that JIll has that childish hashtag of #husbandknowshowtcheermeup

Someone PLEASE tell me what the hell she needs to be cheered up about?  Seriously. with all the sickness, war, hunger, refugees, abused children, violence, death...the list is endless! 

You two are married, claim to be healthy, have a healthy child and are pregnant.  Your housing is provided by Jim Bob and your job is paid by donations.  You're also a D list TV star with a large family to help you out. Miss Cathy beat her cancer supposedly. 

With the exception of Josh, which you claim was not a big deal and happens all the time...what has Jilly so sad? Are we supposed to post back and worry or what?  

Seems like attention seeking behavior...look at me, I'm so sad. 

Maybe I'm just cranky today but it just feels so immature and self involved...like a 12 year old wrote that! 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 24

Well, she is preggers. Hormones, mood swings...really doesn't want to go back to DA...and of course going to DA tears her away from her slaves and the Duggar teat.

The same person who 3 weeks ago needed the Lost Girls to help her out because morning sickness was too much is now getting on a plane to Central America?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Well, she is preggers. Hormones, mood swings...really doesn't want to go back to DA...and of course going to DA tears her away from her slaves and the Duggar teat.

The same person who 3 weeks ago needed the Lost Girls to help her out because morning sickness was too much is now getting on a plane to Central America?

My money is on this.  I am sure by "we" decided, Derrick means "I decided."

• Love 12

Not to mention..... Imagine how much good could be done if you just asked people to donate to established charities there? Like, instead of 24K for your living expenses, give 24K to Feed the Children and help like thousands of starving kids??? Instead of doing FUCKING CRAFTS with like a handful of people a week???? AAAHHHHHHHH

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 23
2 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Not to mention..... Imagine how much good could be done if you just asked people to donate to established charities there? Like, instead of 24K for your living expenses, give 24K to Feed the Children and help like thousands of starving kids???

They give Christians and missionaries who are doing God's work and actually making a difference a very bad name. It really is a shame that SOS is entertaining these feckless, lazy toerags yet again. The same feckless, lazy toerags who did more damage to SOS than helping their cause. I betcha that Boob shelled out a hefty donation to SOS, otherwise I can't see how or why SOS would ever have them back.

• Love 5