Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

As is this - 

"If you are truly a Christian, then you cannot accept homosexuality, adultery, covetousness, lust, hate, stealing, or anything else the Bible calls sin in your life.  The Bible is the absolute standard of life and it alone gets to determine what is sin and what is not." 

I was so disgusted with his definition of discrimination that I stopped reading. I doubt he's changed much in the 5 years since he wrote this.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I was so disgusted with his definition of discrimination that I stopped reading. I doubt he's changed much in the 5 years since he wrote this.

Not unless he's become a fake Christian. (his standards, not mine)

• Love 2

So I guess Derick does not believe in people's right to be happy. Being a homosexual does not affect his life in any way so he needs to shut his mouth and stop being an asshole. Hate to tell him but God gets to determine what is sin and what is not and he will be the one to decide if you have lived a good life or a life full of hate and prejudice. (Looking at you all Duggar family)

• Love 20
24 minutes ago, smallfry said:

So I guess Derick does not believe in people's right to be happy. Being a homosexual does not affect his life in any way so he needs to shut his mouth and stop being an asshole. Hate to tell him but God gets to determine what is sin and what is not and he will be the one to decide if you have lived a good life or a life full of hate and prejudice. (Looking at you all Duggar family)

Or we should all be kind to, and accepting of, others - period.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
25 minutes ago, jacourt said:

What kind of law does he plan on practicing?  Can't be any kind of criminal.  You can't site the bible in legal briefs.  

Maybe a civil rights attorney because -

"... it is important to discriminate, or make a distinction, between that which falls under the umbrella of “discrimination” and that discrimination which needs to be further clarified with certain conditions".

Maybe he plans on fighting for the right for folks to discriminate. 🤬

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Still a hateful dreck! What a sorry godly Christian man. I am forever disgusted by Dreck… At this point I’m positive Jill shares his beliefs 100%.

The entry was from 5 years ago. Granted I don't think he's changed but it's not a recent blog post.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
28 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

The entry was from 5 years ago. Granted I don't think he's changed but it's not a recent blog post.

I would think if he didn't feel that way any more he would remove the post, or at least update it.

I think 2017/18 were hard years for Derick. The Boy Scouts becoming more inclusive, TLC denying their demands for money for Sam's birth, their failed missionary attempts, including his stint at Cross Church and then the beef with JB. Too many things out of his (hateful) control.

I'm guessing those events combined compelled Derick to go to law school with him thinking he can somehow gain control.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 4
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I would think if he didn't feel that way any more he would remove the post, or at least update it.

I think 2017/18 were hard years for Derick. The Boy Scouts becoming more inclusive, TLC denying their demands for money for Sam's birth, their failed missionary attempts, including his stint at Cross Church and then the beef with JB. Too many things out of his (hateful) control.

I'm guessing those events combined compelled Derick to go to law school with him thinking he can somehow gain control.

That's certainly plausible. 

I don't remember too much about posts I've made from several years ago unless I get a notification as to my memories from my social media, so I think his keeping the post up doesn't mean anything as to what his beliefs are now (whether they have changed or stayed the same). However, in his birthday post, he did state he started law school at 30, and the 2017 blog post about the Boy Scouts was before he went back to school. So it's not far-fetched that his beliefs may have evolved. I still wouldn't be surprised if he is defining "discrimination" legalistically though...

Derick also appears to be conveniently skipping over the part where Jesus had no position on homosexuality and, in fact, would accept everyone into his Kingdom.

• Love 19
35 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

That's certainly plausible. 

I don't remember too much about posts I've made from several years ago unless I get a notification as to my memories from my social media, so I think his keeping the post up doesn't mean anything as to what his beliefs are now (whether they have changed or stayed the same). However, in his birthday post, he did state he started law school at 30, and the 2017 blog post about the Boy Scouts was before he went back to school. So it's not far-fetched that his beliefs may have evolved. I still wouldn't be surprised if he is defining "discrimination" legalistically though...

Derick also appears to be conveniently skipping over the part where Jesus had no position on homosexuality and, in fact, would accept everyone into his Kingdom.

Yup, the BSA changes, Derick's hate rants and the JB payout were all when Derick was 28 & 29, which is why I think those events may have pushed him toward getting a law degree. I think rather than Derick evolving, he doubled down.

Also, the quotes aren't IG or Twitter posts from long ago. They're from the Dillard's personal blog. A little harder to forget since they're right there, every time they add to their blog.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

IIRC, Derick wrote about asking TLC for financial help to pay for Israel’s birth expenses, not Sam’s. By the time Sam was born the Dillards were done with the show.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, SMama said:

IIRC, Derick wrote about asking TLC for financial help to pay for Israel’s birth expenses, not Sam’s. By the time Sam was born the Dillards were done with the show.

I guess I'm getting confused, because I thought Sam's birth was filmed but Derick started pitching a fit about not being paid, so they fired Derick and TLC didn't air the birth.

I thought Jill continued on the show until after Ivy was born and she was born in 2019.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

I guess I'm getting confused, because I thought Sam's birth was filmed but Derick started pitching a fit about not being paid, so they fired Derick and TLC didn't air the birth.

I thought Jill continued on the show until after Ivy was born and she was born in 2019.

Sam’s birth was not filmed.  Derick wrote that he asked TLC for financial help with Israel’s unexpected birth expenses. His reasoning was that TLC made enough money from the birth special. By the time Sam was born the Dillards were long gone.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, SMama said:

Sam’s birth was not filmed.  Derick wrote that he asked TLC for financial help with Israel’s unexpected birth expenses. His reasoning was that TLC made enough money from the birth special. By the time Sam was born the Dillards were long gone.

The Dillard's were part of an episode for Sam's gender reveal which aired three days before he was actually born.  Jill was in Joy's wedding which was in May but aired in October of 2017. I believe she was part of Joy's laboring for Gideon in 2018 and helped Jessa with Ivy's birth in 2019, both on the show.

Came back to add, after a quick Google search it seems Sam's birth was likely filmed as they were fully part of the show right up until that time.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 2

Jill made a couple of cameos (noted above) after they were off the show as a family. That happened before Sam's birth. 

It correlates with Derelict's remarks about Jazz being a he. It is still unclear whether TLC fired them or he quit. Derelict has chosen the latter narrative, obviously, because it makes him look better.

2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill made a couple of cameos (noted above) after they were off the show as a family. That happened before Sam's birth. 

It correlates with Derelict's remarks about Jazz being a he. It is still unclear whether TLC fired them or he quit. Derelict has chosen the latter narrative, obviously, because it makes him look better.

Was Sam’s birth aired?

9 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I thought during a Q & A the Dillard's said Jill continued to film after Derick left the show. Then they came to the decision Jill would no longer film either. I think that was in between Giddy and Ivy being born. Derick was last shown in an episode in Season 6, which aired 9/2017. I believe Jill was still filmed, although not featured, during Seasons 7 & 8. Then she made a cameo in Season 10 for Ivy's birth because everyone else was out of town (maybe in TN for a Bates wedding).

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, floridamom said:

We never found out why Sam was in the NICU, did we?

Not sure if it was speculation or truth, but I remember reading about meconium aspiration somewhere.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Sam, too? I thought that was the situation with Izzy.

I thought the only complication for Izzy's birth was he was transverse, but no extra care was needed for him post-birth. Sammy was in the NICU on oxygen, which is treatment for meconium aspiration.

• Useful 3

If he already took it again, he should know before the end of the month, I would think. The deadline to apply for the July exam is April 1st. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 8

She took castor oil when in labor with Israel which probably contributed to the issues.  She "labored" for hours and hours unproductively instead of seeking competent medical advice.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Okay, Jill. Did you learn that from the midwife you apprenticed under? 

Sadly, she probably did. The midwife Jill trained under, Vanessa Giron, lost her license after botching a home birth so badly the child ended up with permanent brain damage. The other midwife favored by the Duggars, recently killed her newborn granddaughter. Hopefully Jill has smartened up since then.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Not sure if it was speculation or truth, but I remember reading about meconium aspiration somewhere.

I don't think we ever learned what happened.  We know Sam was in NICU and that he had an IV and was on oxygen based on pics that Derick and Jill posted.  It could've been meconium aspiration, it could've been sepsis, it could've been birth asphyxia.

As far as the timeline for Derrick and Jill leaving the show, it wasn't announced at the time.  Jill and Derrick returned from El Salvador with Israel in the spring of 2017, Sam was born in July and Derick's tweets about Jazz happened about a month later.

TLC was not showing new episodes at that point and I think it wasn't clear at the time that Sam was born whether TLC had filmed any of it.

It was only months later, after Derrick's hatefulness was on display publicly that TLC issued a statement that said that he was no longer a part of Counting On and hadn't been for some time.  Whenever the actual parting of the ways occurred, nobody announced it publicly.  Based on TLC's announcement, it seems like it happened before Sam was born.  Considering that a major part of Derrick's beef with TLC was that they refused to pay Israel's hospital bills, I could see both TLC and Derrick deciding that Sam's birth wasn't going to be filmed, even if the Dillards were still part of the cast.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
On 3/9/2022 at 10:48 PM, iwantcookies said:

Derecks haircut is so dorky 

I bet Jill still cuts his hair

I was just going to write that I cannot stand grown men with bangs. I don't know why, but I really, really HATE them. 🙃

🤢 🤢 🤢 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

So it appears November of 2017 was when shit started to go down with JB because it seems Derick didn't come to the Duggars that December. Jill and Derick were still enveloped in the Duggar fold after Sammy's birth, until then.

image.png.2f7580194d564e9eeb930f5f73373df1.pngimage.png.1594075103d10ab65c8beaad9d8d56ee.pngimage.png.335b2507c5590680b34b2b755b911106.pngimage.png.7924d318957378799189b08229feda32.png

• Love 6
9 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I knew someone had.  I thought it was Derick.  I guess it was wishful thinking.

Didn't Derrick have a big boy haircut right before FF's trial? I seem to recall his hair looking more professionally styled than usual.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Didn't Derrick have a big boy haircut right before FF's trial? I seem to recall his hair looking more professionally styled than usual.

Yes, his hair looked nice, I think it was pulled to the side, and not in bangs.  That was 3 1/2 months ago; he's overdue for a haircut.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, awaken said:

She still hasn’t learned her lesson about posting pickle pics?

I had exactly the same thought.

The ways she has her hair tucked back in the second shot makes me realize how much more modern she would look with a bob or some sort of shorter hair cut. I think it would really suit her.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 15