Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, queenanne said:

That's what I'm thinking - that TLC pays some sort of "Duggar Family Trust", instead of a batch of individuals; which means he can negotiate for everybody.  How/if this continues to work when everyone reaches their age of majority, I do not know.  

If JB controls who gets what, and reading between the Derrick bitter lines that’s exactly what happens, then what keeps them all “sweet” is whether Big Daddy will cut off the cash.

As the family gets bigger and the post-Joshgate checks get smaller, this could very well get ugly.

• Love 16

Actually, aside from the misaligned mouth, Derelict looks the most like he did pre-surgery in that pic. 

OK, so Jilly posted a congrats to Joe and Kendra, but not Josiah and Lauren? Interesting. I don't think we can attribute this one to Jill's separation from her family. (To be sure, I don't think Jill is really estranged from her siblings, or from Michelle for that matter.)

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I think the Duggar kidults have very limited knowledge of real world, contracts and finances, so they didn't even know what they are agreeing to or what are their options.

But their spouses on the other hand I think know more. At least Jeremy, maybe Derrick. Lauren surely not

I remember the Duggar homefooling had a course on contracts Michelle bragged about. Maybe the lesson was never to read anything before signing. 

Derick had a paying job as an accountant with a large company. He quit or was fired for taking too much time off.  Derick chose to go with Duggar/TLC money to fund his dreams, and he got burned. If he finishes law school and passes the bar, at least he can get a normal job again. He can go after JB and spill some dirt, but other than revenge and some magazine exclusives, he's not apt to achieve much. Derrick is no Clarence Darrow, and he needs to grow up and realize he and his plain wife are just not that special. 

• Love 16
32 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Actually, aside from the misaligned mouth, Derelict looks the most like he did pre-surgery in that picture.

He definitely doesn't look as disturbingly sickly and skinny there. 

• Love 10

I don't mind pictures of a chef's gorgeous creation, but half-eaten plates of food? Just no. 

I also question Jill having to accompany Derelict all the way to Little Rock. Why couldn't she just stay home like normal people? She could have taken the kids to see Cathy if Mima hadn't seen them in a while. 

• Love 24
17 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Hmm.. They sure look happy when the kids aren’t around. 

It's truly so sad that they are stuck in such a rigid belief system, free from any sort of introspection or critical thinking. I wish they could admit to each other that they find the kids annoying, and do something to fix it. There are sooooo many lifestyles out there besides traditional gender roles! If they could just admit there's a problem, they could find a lifestyle that works for them. Jill should be able to say she needs more help with the kids, and wants to pursue a job for part of the day. Derick should be able to also vocalize what about the kids annoys him...maybe their noise level while he is studying...and agree to help Jill with consistency and routines. It just sucks that they both stay so clearly unhappy, while resenting their kids, when there are other options. They will one day look back and wish they had enjoyed their kids more. 

• Love 18
17 hours ago, awaken said:

Hmmm,  I didn’t realize jill had a relationship with the seewald family? At least not enough to hang out with them on her own!

Wheee, can’t wait to see her modeling the new fashions! 

I don't think she does. I think it's more about Jill not being "allowed" to EVER BE ALONE.

If she has one minute of time that isn't accounted for, she needs to fill it up with "fellowshipping" with any of the tiny group of like-minded people she's allowed to interact with.

• Love 3

My husband was telling me today about an old Saturday Night Live skit. It was a commercial spoof for a product called the “Love Toilet”. I immediately thought of clingy Jill.

Hopefully this link works.

Edited by EVS
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, EVS said:

My husband was telling me today about an old Saturday Night Live skit. It was a commercial spoof for a product called the “Love Toilet”. I immediately thought of clingy Jill.

Hopefully this link works.

Ha, totally remember that from when it was on SNL!  Can see Jill doing this as one of her special intimacy activities!  

Edited by awaken
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

This reads like someone who is trying to convince others that she's not desperately drowning. She's trying to make light of the issues, but I don't buy it. Just because you complain in a somewhat lighthearted tone doesn't mean you're not at the end of your rope. 

If jill hasn't had any more kids yet because she realizes she can't handle the job, then I have much more respect for her than I ever thought I would!

• Love 24

I never got a kid-free weekend until the youngest went away to college. And it wasn't torture.  Nor would I have taken toilet pictures, or allowed my kid to put the toilet roll in his mouth.  #TwoBoysandAGirlMom

• LOL 8
  • Love 10