Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

On 7/27/2022 at 7:24 PM, cmr2014 said:

I agree that she looks very happy, and that makes me sad. I had really hoped that Jill had found some peace with her little family and wasn't going to go back to her earlier plans for a mega-brood. I hope that I'm overreacting . . .

YMMV, but as Derick has an actual job that pays benefits, and they can afford to have kids, family planning isn't anyone's business but that family's. 

No evidence that Jill and Derick are negligent parents in any way.

• Like 7
  • Love 13
On 7/30/2022 at 12:42 PM, Lady Whistleup said:

YMMV, but as Derick has an actual job that pays benefits, and they can afford to have kids, family planning isn't anyone's business but that family's. 

The last part of this sentence applies to every Duggar. However, since this is a snark site, I think none of them need to be procreating more than they can afford and/or care for. I also think Jill & Derick won't have a circus full of children, nor will Jinger & Jeremy, John & Abby, or Josiah & Lauren. Justin & Claire might, but I think they'll wait until they feel ready and then space them out a bit.

Edited by Nysha
Sight & site are homonyms, not synonyms.
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

The last part of this sentence applies to every Duggar. However, since this is a snark sight, I think none of them need to be procreating more than they can afford and/or care for. I also think Jill & Derick won't have a circus full of children, nor will Jinger & Jeremy, John & Abby, or Josiah & Lauren. Justin & Claire might, but I think they'll wait until they feel ready and then space them out a bit.

This is also the Duggars - 19 Kids and Counting and Counting On. I think they all made and some continue to make, their family planning our business.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Hell, yes. I wish I could like this a million times. Don't like strangers all up in your business about how many kids you have? Then get out of every other women's business about theirs.

Alas, what you said is a good reminder for a lot of hypocrites (my catholic fundie former friend, for example), but strangers up in your business about the number of kids you have is bread and butter for the quiverfull crew. I'm positive that, on some level, Jill Rod dresses and cares for her youngest as poorly as she does because people are more willing to pony up the grift money to a motorhome full of Dickensian waifs. The Duggars needed a massive cast of matching, docile children to convince people who were starting to waiver that massive families are desirable. Added bonus: when people criticize you it's proof of persecution!

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Someone needs to send baby fingernail clippers to Jill's Happy Mail. ✉️

He is still too young to have his fingernails clipped. Babies have their fingernails connected with the skin and it can make them bleed.

• Useful 2
23 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

He is still too young to have his fingernails clipped. Babies have their fingernails connected with the skin and it can make them bleed.

I guess Jill was actually getting ready to clip his nails.

image.png.b2459a362b2db35f4e83a50a3392ae5d.png

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
9 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Some kids have long enough nails that they have a portion not attached that it's safe to carefully snip.  All of mine did.  

My firstborn was two and a half weeks late. His little finger nails were so long we trimmed them as soon as we were discharged home.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Stevie Nicks said:

She said she was using an Emory board. Not clipping. 

That’s the only way I’d do it (after a nicked my oldest and was/is traumatized I did that 16+ years later) If they needed actual clipping my husband did it.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, Absolom said:

My daughter made me do the grandkids until they were over 6 months old.  I'm glad Jill is doing what makes her comfortable.

I needed to use clippers. Their little nails were so flexible filing didn't work for me. Jill is likely a pro at baby nails.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I needed to use clippers. Their little nails were so flexible filing didn't work for me. Jill is likely a pro at baby nails.

True. She's probably been filing nails since buddy Joy was born. Jill was what, 6 or 7?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I hope he chunks up some. His legs are so spindly. Or I guess he could take after his father and remain very thin? 

Babies often seem to take 2-3 months to chunk up.  He appears to have big hands and long feet.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

Babies often seem to take 2-3 months to chunk up.  He appears to have big hands and long feet.

He looks like Sam, but I think he's going to be built like Israel, who takes after his father; long skinny legs and slender.  He doesn't look unusually thin for a newborn.

• Useful 3
53 minutes ago, Notabug said:

He looks like Sam, but I think he's going to be built like Israel, who takes after his father; long skinny legs and slender.  He doesn't look unusually thin for a newborn.

I've been inundated with pics of Zader Tot (Carlin's kid) who is a major chunker. I realize that babies are different, but Freddy just looks so teeny compared to Zade. I said in my OP that he would likely take after his father. 🙂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

I think Fred looks like Sam. They look like twins.

All 3 boys heavily favor Dereck.

I agree. All three boys favor, but Sam and Fred look the most alike. I do wonder if that will continue as the boys age. 

3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

D81B6442-FF1D-4FBE-9006-EAE9D777F35F.jpeg

E86D3469-8FCD-4696-8AD1-DE2134207E3C.jpeg

It kind of cracks me up she is weighing him with a luggage scale. Not in a mean way, in a "who knew you could do that" type of way. I know he's over a bed so he is just fine, but its still funny to me!

• Like 3
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree. All three boys favor, but Sam and Fred look the most alike. I do wonder if that will continue as the boys age. 

It kind of cracks me up she is weighing him with a luggage scale. Not in a mean way, in a "who knew you could do that" type of way. I know he's over a bed so he is just fine, but its still funny to me!

I think that is a midwife baby weighing scale.

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
  • Love 13

Newborns are so squishy and changeable that they can look like almost anyone from one minute to the next. That said, baby Freddy and baby Sam do look a lot alike!

As for non-baby Israel and non-baby Sam, Israel may be Derick's mini-me, but there are some pictures of little Jill floating around where her face/ expression look just like Israel's. And I've always thought Sam resembled the Duggar side (not Jill in particular, but a lot of the Howlers when they were younger). But you can still tell Israel and Sam are brothers.

Genetics are fascinating and weird!

• Like 4
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Well see what I know!

I did not know what is was, either. At first, I thought she was trying to hang him up like a plant. (I did think that was weird, in my defense, but these are Duggars, so...)

• LOL 16
10 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I did not know what is was, either. At first, I thought she was trying to hang him up like a plant. (I did think that was weird, in my defense, but these are Duggars, so...)

I 100% assumed she had a luggage scale!!!

If she didn’t have that you just weigh yourself, step off, hold the baby and the baby is the difference (I do that with my cats). 

Im laughing at myself right now- thanks @GeeGolly

• LOL 8
7 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

7BBBF532-8E3E-4B6D-A74A-A091459B8967.jpeg

Is she an actual midwife? 

Well I guess.  However a Certified Professional Midwife has no actual college requirement.  A Certified Nurse Midwife has a Master’s Degree.

Edited by louannems
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7

No, she either didn't take or didn't pass the state exam or didn't meet the qualifications for licensure in Arkansas.  Now that they've moved she might try Oklahoma.  Their requirements might be easier.  

That CPM exam she passed is a rinky dink thing and her course work was geared for her to pass it.  I passed the practice exam and I've taken zero midwife courses. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Love 8