Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

He can never be wrong, can he? What an asshole. 

Your kids births were filmed, you dick.  We saw what went down because you “had no choice”/“voluntarily” let the world know every detail. But because you are straight Christians that’s not exploiting your children or pushing an agenda. When anyone with a different world view does the same thing, it’s a travesty. 

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Lying through his teeth. And with those teeth, the lies probably come out even more skewed.

You win the Internet today.

Derelict is losing it. Hospital births were the plan all along? Then why didn't Jill go immediately? And why didn't they inform Jill's lay midwife that she'd been laboring for hours and wasn't progressing? I'm getting my popcorn ready because the replies are gonna be epic....

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Derelict is losing it. Hospital births were the plan all along? Then why didn't Jill go immediately? And why didn't they inform Jill's lay midwife that she'd been laboring for hours and wasn't progressing? I'm getting my popcorn ready because the replies are gonna be epic....

I feel like I can write his replies to this one,   Jill was never really in any distress during her home birth attempt.  Evil TLC had to create a storyline for the show. 

When that doesn't work we will be bombarded with his favorite response of "FALSE"

• Love 17

Haha. HahaHA. We may not have seen Sam's birth, but Israel's was plainly documented. Jill labored at home and intended to give birth at home. No question. His presenting what is obviously false as fact calls into question the veracity of all his other claims (as if we weren't already skeptical before). Dumbass.

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

He will claim that it was always in the plan to go the hospital, if needed. So it was in the plan all along. They just don't go to the hospital as early as they should, given Jill's knowledge and birth history.

Of course his statements don't acknowledge the "in an emergency" contingency plan. Now he can claim that we don't know all the details (hello, People article!) and claim that he is being bullied when people respond to him with the facts from the Dillards "voluntarily" offered and over which the had "no control." ? 

• Love 14
(edited)

They planned for Jill's hospital births like they planned for Joy's. Labor forever with a giant baby that is never coming out until some idiot gets the bright idea that maybe it's time to head to the hospital. How the hell does he explain Jill finally going to the hospital after laboring for 3 days while Jill was 2 weeks overdue. Irresponsible dumbasses!! It was all filmed and these idiots did this twice.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 21

We go to Silver Dollar City regularly.  They have a new rollercoaster that's a lot of fun.  The kids are exhausted by end of the day because of rides and having to walk up a ton of hills.  I selfishly just want ALL THE FUNNEL CAKES.  

*topic* I really wonder about Derick's mentality.  Is he losing it or does he really think people are that stupid?  He reminds me of some of my clients who truly think no one notices their lies/manipulation.   I'm almost fascinated by him (in a psychological sense)

• Love 8
(edited)
45 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This reply makes absolutely no sense. Jill supposedly labored at home for 40 hours with Sammy before seeking hospital care. Only after she was transferred did it become an emergency. You know, after a REAL OB examined her and recognized the need for an emergency c-section.

Derelict must really think that  people have very short memories. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 21
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

No shit, huh? He's whacked.

Truthful answer:  We hoped for home births, ended up needing medical interventions and will use hospitals from the start in the future. 

The truth isn't that hard Derick.

It is when you're a Duggar or a Duggar adjacent! .... 

I suppose it's a good thing that he at least knows that the truth shows them to be idiots? ... or something...

5 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

His talent for twisting reality and non answer answers borders on sociopathic. 

Well, I always thought that you had to be crazy to marry into the Duggar family. .... 

• Love 2

If I remember correctly, Jill had the birthing pool all set up in the McMansion to DELIVER IZZY AT HOME. It's on video. Why would DDD not consider Izzy's C-section not an emergency? I think it absolutely was an emergency. I also believe that Sam's was even more in need. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Here's the text of his tweet:

"We wanted a midwife at home for first birth. Many people do this. Since it ended up being C-section birth (non-emergency), we planned on having a hospital birth all along for the second birth, which was our only emergency C-section."

We wanted a midwife at home for first birth. Many people do this. Since it ended up being C-section birth (non-emergency), 

This portion pertains to Israel. He's saying that wanted a home birth, and it ended up being a c-section that wasn't an emergency (maybe).

we planned on having a hospital birth all along for the second birth, which was our only emergency C-section.

This is Samuel and I have heard another story like this . A woman youtuber I've watched for years did the same thing. She had a c-section (emergency) with her first kid and was incredibly disappointed that she didn't have a natural* birth.  (She did however let the doctors make decisions with her first L/D and didn't try a homebirth like Jill.) The second baby she labored at home for as long as possible and then went to the hospital and delivered the baby VBAC.  She really wanted a VBAC and didn't want a c-section, so she waited at home until she was far enough along that it made more sense to continue with a VBAC rather than doing a second cesarean.  Basically these women think the doctors will want them to have a second c-section so they're trying to get their way and have a VBAC.  By being in position to have a VBAC when they get to the hospital, they think it will go the way they want. It worked for the atheist lady on youtube, but not Jill. Maybe because the youtuber didn't go 40 hours at home?

*I think women should have whatever type of birth is healthiest for them and their babies. I have had many friends and family who've had c-sections and it makes me furious to think that they are some how lesser to women who push out their babies. The important thing is not the process, but the results healthy mother and child/ren.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 10

Derelict is really walking a thin line. Jill's lay midwives may or may not be allowed to deliver VBACs (CNMs definitely can't do it in AR). If Sammy was really a planned hospital birth, why endure a 40 hour labor at home before transferring to the hospital in what turned out to be an emergency situation? If Jill labored on her own, shame on her. If she had someone like doula Teresa Fedosky present, Shane on them both.

• Love 18

I popped in to see Derick's Mental Health Symptoms of the Day (aka Tweets) and I think this is THE MOST delusional we have ever seen him. 

I'm actually a little shocked and concerned.  It's one thing to embellish and slant things but these series of tweets are flat out lies.  The birth was documented on TV.  Jill was filmed talking about the home birth, ordered the birthing pool etc.  These are facts. 

Derick is very sick. To lie so effortlessly on Twitter and then get tangled in the lies and then lie more?  And he believes what he is saying? Really, Derick is more than just the average douchebag.  He needs to get help asap. Mental health issues generally don't resolve on their own.  They usually intensify as time goes on. 

Imagine living in a house with him?  I hope Jill and the kids are OK. 

(my own father had severe mental health issues and my young childhood life was hell until my mom could leave him. I think that is what upsets me so much about Jill living with this man)

• Love 22
(edited)

If this is how Derick behaves in public, what is he like in private?  We generally put our best foot forward in public....imagine how erratic he must be? Delusional?  Controlling? 

Jim Bob did not screen this one well at all. He has an 80 page questionnaire?  He needs to add some type of psychiatric evaluation. 

Jill has been so cut off from society her whole life that she doesn't realize Derick is not behaving normally and needs help.  She has been trained to follow her husband blindly and obey her headship.  This is a mess for Jill and the boys.  #concernforJillandboys

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 17

Now Derick tweets that we have zero proof that they had two failed home births.  Dude, Jill labored for 70 hours (so she says) with Israel and 40 hours (so she says) with Samuel and couldn't deliver the babies so she ends up in the hospital – those are failed home births.

If the plan was to deliver in the hospital all along, why let Jill suffer in pain for so long before she got her spinal or epidural for the C-sections?  Baby Israel was in the wrong position for a home birth and it was against Arkansas law to attempt to deliver Samuel in a home birth.  Was Derick just sadistically enjoying seeing Jill writhe in pain before taking her to the hospital for the "planned" hospital births?  Was he secretly enjoying seeing Jill guzzle castor oil to speed up the delivery (Jill says she did this twice during labor with Israel), watching her have acute diarrhea cramps and causing the baby to release meconium (baby's first bowel movement) in the womb?  Did he not care that both babies were exhibiting fetal distress when Jill presented at the hospital (because Jesus giveth and Jesus taketh away)?

With Samuel, Derick only recently disclosed that the baby was in the NICU for two weeks after delivery.  Yes, Derick, we do have proof that you and Jill had two failed home births!

Counting On 2.png

• Love 22
17 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Here's the text of his tweet:

"We wanted a midwife at home for first birth. Many people do this. Since it ended up being C-section birth (non-emergency), we planned on having a hospital birth all along for the second birth, which was our only emergency C-section."

We wanted a midwife at home for first birth. Many people do this. Since it ended up being C-section birth (non-emergency), 

This portion pertains to Israel. He's saying that wanted a home birth, and it ended up being a c-section that wasn't an emergency (maybe).

This is a reasonable interpretation of what Derrick said. The problem is that (aside from being a rather shitty writer) in his other tweets Derick has said "we always go to the hospital for births" (which I suppose is technically true - they've ended up there both times) and "that was the plan all along" and "our plan all along was to go to the hospital." He also snaps "you have zero proof that we had 2 failed home births." 

It seems like Derick is being purposefully vague and confusing in order to make it sound as if going to the hospital was the plan both times ... but at best it was only "the plan" for Sam, not for Israel.  The repeated references to their "plans" to go to the hospital and denying they had two botched attempts to deliver at home seem designed to obfuscate the fact that home birth number one was a DISASTER that resulted in a rush to the hospital after Jill labored for 70 hours with a transverse breech baby who was gagging on meconium.  But it wasn't an "emergency" or anything. Sure, Jan, Derick. You keep telling yourself that.

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

S woman youtuber I've watched for years did the same thing. She had a c-section (emergency) with her first kid and was incredibly disappointed that she didn't have a natural* birth.  (She did however let the doctors make decisions with her first L/D and didn't try a homebirth like Jill.) The second baby she labored at home for as long as possible and then went to the hospital and delivered the baby VBAC.  She really wanted a VBAC and didn't want a c-section, so she waited at home until she was far enough along that it made more sense to continue with a VBAC rather than doing a second cesarean.  Basically these women think the doctors will want them to have a second c-section so they're trying to get their way and have a VBAC.  By being in position to have a VBAC when they get to the hospital, they think it will go the way they want. 

I wouldn't put it past Jill to try a VBAC at home with a pseudo-midwife. I honestly think she is that foolish.  But I think you're probably right ... She was at least hoping to manipulate the doctors into allowing her to deliver vaginally if she ended up in the hospital. There is just no other reason for her to have stayed at home laboring so long if Derick is telling the truth about how the plan was to go the hospital all along (not that I believe it really was). 

These two idiots have been so lucky that their kids have both turned out to be okay. Please lord, don't let them roll the dice with the next baby.  I don't think either one of them is emotionally equipped to handle raising a child with special needs or (heaven forbid) losing a child altogether. 

• Love 15

So, according to Derick, they had a midwife come to their home to, what, supervise things for x number of hours until Jill was far enough a long to go to the hospital for a non-emergency c-section totally according to plan? If that's true, why do you need a midwife? Isn't waiting at home from the onset of labour until things start to get going and you need to head to the hospital a completely normal thing in North America which in no way requires the presence of a medical professional (even a crappy one, see Theresa). Sigh, why can't liars invent stuff that makes sense?

• Love 16

I have a good friend who lies like this. I've known him for 40 years. He lies all the time -- he lies about big things and small things; he lies about things that are easily disproven; he lies to me -- to my face -- when he knows that I've known him forever and know the truth. It's a pathology, and he can't help himself. He is otherwise a good person, and a good friend, but the lying is exhausting and irritating. He's married now, with several children. I have no idea why a wife would put up with this. I also dated a guy with this same affliction -- it didn't last long. It's an annoying idiosyncrasy in a friend, but a complete deal-breaker in a personal relationship.

I think he constructs these story-lines in his head that contain enough truth that he can convince himself that they are the "real story" and anything contradictory is "tabloid gossip." I'm not a psychiatrist, and I don't know why he would do this but if he's like these other guys, it just won't matter that he trips himself up over and over again.

• Love 18

I love that Elise Brown for posting the People article quoting them both. 

Derick has some mental health issue.  This is NOT normal at all.  He is getting worse and worse as he gets older.  

I hope Cathy the Cocky Christian is praying hard for Derick because he is in bad shape here. 

• Love 9
(edited)

So when they showed Jill in the hospital being examined and the Doc said, transverse baby who pooped in utero, you need a c-section. Boom they perform a c-section. That is not emergent? So if they waited for Izzy to show signs of fetal distress only then it becomes an emergency?

And the baby they planned on delivering in the hospital was an emergency c-section after 40 hours of home labor? I'm guessing Sammy was showing signs of fetal distress.

He must really be that dumb as to how typical folks manage pregnancies and doesn't realize how dumb he sounds.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 14

I remember Jill telling us that she was in the hospital for some time before the OB realized Izzy was breach and then the C-section was non-emergently performed.  I never believed that senario since Jill would have been at least physically examined immediately upon admission.  Most likely an ultrasound, too.  They would have immediately known Jill was breach and Izzy was wallowing in meconium and emergently done a C-section.

• Love 17

Deredick is not the only one showing signs of a mental illness and not the only one who lies in this marriage. Jill has shown signs something is wrong with her, but she is denial just like he is. Both of them need professional help, but they both need to admit something is terribly wrong and get the help. JB, Michelle and Cathy are in denial when it comes to what is going on also. JB is probably more concern with the fact the family name will be damaged further if it comes out his daughter and son-in-law have a serious mental illness and got real treatment. The ones who are suffering the most are the children, but their parents and grandparents are too dumb or could care less about their safety and well-being.

The way he is focused on TLC programming really makes me think he's on a mission to shame the rest of the Duggars into leaving the network....or getting them all fired. 

• Love 19

Why would you labor at home with your second child at all if you are planning a c- section?  Derrick is a whack job and since he doesn't mind advertising his craziness, I hope whatever government agency is in charge of watching these nut cases is keeping an eye on Derrick...he gives me a bad feeling of someone who would do something stupid to really hurt someone in the name of Jesus.

• Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Were the Dullards transported by ambulance for both births? 

I don't think they ever said, one way or another.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2