Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Mollie said:

They want to be the new Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker show.  Wait for it.

Jill could never hold a candle to Tammy Faye. She had her faults but that woman was truly entertaining!

• Love 16
25 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I've never heard that about babies who skip crawling.  My son skipped crawling& started walking on his own around 9 months. He turned out to be one smart guy, although on the quiet side, an honor student in high school & college.  But i do remember his kindergarten teacher asking me how old he was when he started walking so maybe it does have to do with a child's development. 

Ive  read a lot of comments on here & other sites that people thought Sammy was behind in his development when he was younger.  

It will be interesting to see if Izzy & Sammy will be home schooled or has it been decided? Wasn't there something on Instagram with a picture of Izzy & a book and hashtag was something about being home schooled or am I dreaming that? With all the grand Duggs around same age, they could make up their own school of the dining room table.

My younger son couldn't/wouldn't read and write until half way through first grade. The teachers were very concerned. However, I made sure to read to him as often as possible and saw that  he had experience with art, music, and theater. Now, at 27, he had a bachelor's degree and a six-figure salary.  I didn't want to homeschool, but I supplemented my children's education through areas of expertise to me. I also read to both for hours a day. They are doing fine. Sorry, but if Jill homeschools, I don't see a happy outcome for those children. Some losses in early development can't easily be made up. 

• Love 15

Jill’s stuffed zucchini recipe

This recipe is one of my hubby’s favorites! Our neighbors gave us a bunch of big zucchini right after we got married and in trying different recipes, I adapted them into my own and this one became a fave! Sometimes I slice my zucchini longways and seed (but keep the seeds!), throw them in a Ziplock and keep ’em in the freezer till I’m ready to make this deliciousness. It makes for a super quick dinner option! I’d almost plant zucchini out back just so I could eat this stuff whenever I want! ha!

1 super extra large zucchini (or 2-3 small/regular zucchini)

1 pound ground turkey or beef

1 cup dry bread crumbs (or 1 cup crispy toasted bread, crumbled or blended to fine crumbles)

1 T. Italian seasoning

2 tsp. minced garlic

1 (32oz) jar spaghetti sauce

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese (cheddar or mexican will work too)

Preaheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook ground turkey in skillet (and drain afterwards if using beef). Trim ends off zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. Scrape out seeds and mix together in bowl with rest of ingredients except mozzarella cheese. Place zucchini in 9×13 pan. Stuff zucchini with mixture. (It’s ok if it spills over into the pan.) Sprinkle mozzarella on top. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake about 45 min., or until zucchini isn’t crunchy, but isn’t completely soggy either. Enjoy!

She’d ALMOST plant zucchini!!

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I've never heard that about babies who skip crawling.  My son skipped crawling& started walking on his own around 9 months. He turned out to be one smart guy, although on the quiet side, an honor student in high school & college.  But i do remember his kindergarten teacher asking me how old he was when he started walking so maybe it does have to do with a child's development. 

Ive  read a lot of comments on here & other sites that people thought Sammy was behind in his development when he was younger.  

It will be interesting to see if Izzy & Sammy will be home schooled or has it been decided? Wasn't there something on Instagram with a picture of Izzy & a book and hashtag was something about being home schooled or am I dreaming that? With all the grand Duggs around same age, they could make up their own school of the dining room table.

My older son sort of skipped crawling. He also took his first steps pretty early,never having really crawled, but after he fell down, decided to crawl for a few weeks before trying to walk again. He was somewhere in the middle of his 10th month.  My daughter crawled very early and got s proficient at it that it was all I could do to keep up with her when she went into speed-crawl mode. Even after she learned to stand unsupported, and could actually jump up and down without falling over (at about a year old), it took her some time to venture out into steps without holding on to something. My younger son crawled for a couple of months, took his first unaided steps the day before he turned 9 months, and never looked back.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 2

My nephew is a chunky monkey.  He was late in rolling over, crawling,  and pulling himself up.  He started walking at 13 months,  but he has sure made up for lost time.  At 18 months the kid can push a lawnmower.  I would attach a picture, but he's not mine.

On 3/28/2018 at 7:04 PM, queenanne said:

Warning:  I don't know how good an assessment this is as I'm not a medical person, but this lady seems to know her stuff. For those who wanted to know the difference between a trained midwife and Jill's type:

http://www.skepticalob.com/2015/09/jill-duggar-dillard-is-not-a-real-midwife-shes-a-cpm-a-counterfeit-professional-midwife.html

The Skeptical OBis the opposite extreme of the childbirth spectrum from the Duggers.  She is opposed to homebirth and vbac, and basically comes across as thinking women should blindly accept whatver their doctors say when it comes to birth. Groups like ICAN and Birth Right exist because of doctors like her. She can provide some good information, like this article,  but she definitely has a bias.

• Love 2
On 3/29/2018 at 3:02 PM, doodlebug said:

Excellent article explaining the difference between a CPM and CNM.  The author is obviously biased in favor of CNM's, but she presents excellent, cogent reasons for that.  Most telling of all in the debate between CPM and CNM is the fact that other countries, particularly those in Europe where midwifery is a well established and respected profession and where almost all the normal births in those places are performed by midwives and not doctors; do not recognize a CPM as a midwife because the training for CPM is wholly inadequate to prepare a practitioner to recognize the difference between 'normal' and 'complicated' births. 

As for Jill, she stayed home and tried to birth at home with Iz even though she was significantly overdue, clearly carrying what appeared to be a very large baby, had meconium stained amniotic fluid, and, ultimately, a baby who was not headfirst.  In no way could her pregnancy and birth be categorized as 'normal', but, yet, she (and her CPM buddies) apparently couldn't or didn't recognize that fact and, at the very least, consult an MD or CNM who had more expertise than she/they did.  This should've happened well before her labor when she was clearly larger than average.  An ultrasound and glucose testing would've told them that the baby was bigger than average (and certainly would've told them he wasn't head first) and perhaps diagnosed gestational diabetes; both of which should've taken her out of the running for 'normal' pregnancy.  If not then, when she was a week overdue, there was another clear point where her situation should've been evaluated and assessed by a pro and she would've risked out of CPM/homebirth.  Finally, during the days after her water broke, there were several other obvious forks in the road where a more highly trained provider should've been consulted and her care transferred.  The most disturbing issue in both of Jill's pregnancies, as well as Joy's, was Jill's inability to recognize that there were circumstances that required assessment and evaluation at several points along the way where an experienced caregiver would've recognized that the situation was NOT 'normal' and they were not candidates for homebirth or lay midwifery care.  Well, that and the fact that Jill should've never been managing her own pregnancy by herself, ever, anyway.

Jill will never be a midwife she lacks critical thinking skills that endangered not only herself and her baby for not recognizing the signs to get your ass to the hospital stat.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This recipe is one of my hubby’s favorites! Our neighbors gave us a bunch of big zucchini right after we got married and in trying different recipes, I adapted them into my own and this one became a fave! Sometimes I slice my zucchini longways and seed (but keep the seeds!), throw them in a Ziplock and keep ’em in the freezer till I’m ready to make this deliciousness. It makes for a super quick dinner option! I’d almost plant zucchini out back just so I could eat this stuff whenever I want! ha!

1 cup dry bread crumbs (or 1 cup crispy toasted bread, crumbled or blended to fine crumbles)

1 T. Italian seasoning

2 tsp. minced garlic

Preaheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook ground turkey in skillet (and drain afterwards if using beef). Trim ends off zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. Scrape out seeds and mix together in bowl with rest of ingredients except mozzarella cheese. Place zucchini in 9×13 pan. Stuff zucchini with mixture. (It’s ok if it spills over into the pan.) Sprinkle mozzarella on top. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake about 45 min., or until zucchini isn’t crunchy, but isn’t completely soggy either. Enjoy!

Why should she bother planting zucchini when she has the Jana garden?

But really, why can't she & Izzy plant the seeds & grow their own? Izzy would love it.   She could even plant them in a pot if they are in an apartment with no balcony or patio.  Just plant & put on windowsill. 

I'm so tired of thinking for these morons (not just the Dullards but the whole Duggar clan.)

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

1 T. Italian seasoning

2 tsp. minced garlic

Can anyone explain to me the reason she says you should keep the seeds?    Especially as we know she's not gonna plant them.   

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yep, right after she KINDA stirs the food around while it's cooking :D 

Maybe these two can grift enough donations to hire a professional editor for their site? (What am I saying? That would run counter to their entire way of doing life.)

35 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Can anyone explain to me the reason she says you should keep the seeds?    Especially as we know she's not gonna plant them.   

Because the recipe dictates using them as part of the stuffing.

• Love 1

I like the way Jill sliced the zucchini longways instead of lengthwise!

And she only drains the ground beef, not turkey.  The cheap chubb of ground turkey the Duggars used in Tatar tot casserole is very fatty and the extra lean ground beef I buy has no fat to drain off.

The seeds used in the stuffing sounds gross, but then I've never seeded a zucchini since I prefer small, tender ones.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, graefin said:

Yep, right after she KINDA stirs the food around while it's cooking :D 

Maybe these two can grift enough donations to hire a professional editor for their site? (What am I saying? That would run counter to their entire way of doing life.)

Because the recipe dictates using them as part of the stuffing.

Thanks!   My eyes glazed over after her note about draining the ground beef but not turkey.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Jill stole the picture for that recipe and most of the recipe itself from this website:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/215680/easy-stuffed-zucchini/

I guess she doesn't believe in the Thou-shalt-not-steal commandment because it's in the "Old" Testament.  She basically just doubled that recipe and called it her own.  We can now add plagiarism to their list of sins.  I guess they are unfamiliar withThe Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).  I hope they get busted. 

The Duggars are all cheaters, gritters and scammers, Jill is just doing what she was taught

• Love 12

I can't imagine what their car smells like and how messy it is with eating in it all the time.  That is NOT a date, unless you're at a drive in movie.  Take it home, or take it to a park or somewhere nice, but who eats in the car?????  That's just lazy and tacky if you ask me.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Jill stole the picture for that recipe and most of the recipe itself from this website:

I guess she doesn't believe in the Thou-shalt-not-steal commandment because it's in the "Old" Testament.  She basically just doubled that recipe and called it her own.  We can now add plagiarism to their list of sins.  I guess they are unfamiliar withThe Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).  I hope they get busted. 

Anybody that's not blocked that could post that to Derelick's twitter feed?  He posted that photo and a link to their blog for the recipe.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Anybody that's not blocked that could post that to Derelick's twitter feed?  He posted that photo and a link to their blog for the recipe.

She got messages on her Instagram post about using a photo and recipe that  aren’t hers. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

Another fail of the SOTDRT. I bet if any of the Duggar kids were asked to explain what a "source" was and why it's important to credit it, they'd just give you a blank stare. From what I understand the fundie crowd is taught that things like source criticism and critical thinking skills are the work of the devil. Can't imagine why...

• Love 16
53 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

Another fail of the SOTDRT. I bet if any of the Duggar kids were asked to explain what a "source" was and why it's important to credit it, they'd just give you a blank stare. From what I understand the fundie crowd is taught that things like source criticism and critical thinking skills are the work of the devil. Can't imagine why...

They appear to know enough to put a huge copyright notice on pictures they post: "The photos above are considered the property of the Dillard Family and may only be used with their written permission. Please request permission to use the photos." 

• Love 24
(edited)
1 hour ago, Vaysh said:

I've mentioned on here before about some coworkers I have who are fundamentalist homeschoolers. They don't think it is important to learn how to cite because "it doesn't matter in the real world when you aren't writing a paper." As someone with degrees in English and history who "works in the real world" and had professors who were scrupulous about citation, it was drilled into my head that you always, always cite, and this attitude horrifies me.

When the father told me that, I pointed out in his job he would get in trouble for using something without accreditation and that he also has to know if something is a legitimate source and that not knowing about plagiarism means someone is an intellectual property lawsuit waiting to happen. He didn't have much to say after that. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, starlightlost said:

No. No they did not.

What the heck? 

I saw an article about the video. It stated that Derick said the boys were in their “restraints “ and that was considered their babysitter?

Wackadoodles!

• Love 6
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She got messages on her Instagram post about using a photo and recipe that  aren’t hers. 

Not only was the stuffed zucchini picture stolen from allrecipes, but these pictures were also stolen by Jill to use on her website:

Salsa recipe stolen from Chili's

Homemade yeast rolls from Maangchi

Chicken Mole from Chow Hound

Pupusas from Flickr (requires attribution)

Cheese-filled Pupusas from Zestuous

Carne Asada Street Tacos from imbored-letsgo

Riguas from Flickr, all rights reserved

Nepali Dal Bhat from Cook's Hideout

Not only did Jill steal these, but she claims to own them.  Liar.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Not only was the stuffed zucchini picture stolen from allrecipes, but these pictures were also stolen by Jill to use on her website:

Salsa recipe stolen from Chili's

Homemade yeast rolls from Maangchi

Chicken Mole from Chow Hound

Pupusas from Flickr (requires attribution)

Cheese-filled Pupusas from Zestuous

Carne Asada Street Tacos from imbored-letsgo

Riguas from Flickr, all rights reserved

Nepali Dal Bhat from Cook's Hideout

Not only did Jill steal these, but she claims to own them.  Liar.

Thanks Mollie. Intouch will have some fun with this. I'm sure Jill doesn't know reverse image search is a thing. She does now.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Thanks Mollie. Intouch will have some fun with this. I'm sure Jill doesn't know reverse image search is a thing. She does now.

Got A Hot Celebrity Tip?

Contact us at breakingnews@intouchweekly.com!

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm going to assume Jill has the rights to use the pictures she used, just like I assume each of us has the rights to use any of the pictures we post.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3

"The photos above are considered the property of the Dillard Family and may only be used with their written permission. Please request permission to use the photos."

That is written at the bottom of the zucchini page. The only picture on the page is the All Recipes one. Maybe she received permission?

• Love 1

In my experience,  if you receive permission, you still have to credit the original source. 

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm also pretty sure that for something you have to ask permission for, the original copyright holder is not usually going to let you then grant permission for others to use it.  

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

**Puts librarian hat on**

All of those pictures that they found on the internet are copyright violations.  They should have taken their own pictures for the blog.  They cannot try to add their own copyright on pictures taken from Google.   That is not how fair use works, and if they had done just the least bit of research,  they would know this.  

Depending on how big the companies they stole from are, I expect the Dullards will be receiving some cease and desist letters in the mail soon.

Thank you! That's what I was thinking, but I'm not 100% clear on all the details. As soon as I saw they stole something from Chili's, I figured they'd at least get something from them.

P.S. Librarians are the best. :)

• Love 17

Do the Dullards not know what an iron is? (It's a rhetorical question, people.) That suit is horribly ill-fitting, and it looks like Jill made a skirt out of sweatpant material. 

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Vaysh said:

Anndddd.. it's already hit the web  

https://www.inquisitr.com/4849806/jill-dillard-duggar-daughter-accused-of-plagiarism-viewers-say-shes-stealing-content-for-website/

• Love 23
(edited)
40 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

What I meant to post! I can’t seem to delete the other one.

Look at those crow’s feet on him! What are those?!?!?!

Jill’s rocking some serious bags under her eyes and some lines around her eyes too. He looks so damn old and we know it’s not going to get any better, just like Jill’s wardrobe. 

(Best Chandler Bing imitation) Could she DRESS any more frumpier? It looks like she buys her clothes three sizes too big so she can also wear them as maternity clothes. 

Conversely, are the boys’ pants too small or is it me? 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I don't think Jill has cooked any of those nine recipes with the stolen photos.  If she had, she would have taken her own photos.  Someone should tell Jill that she will never be a cooking guru and to find another hobby.  Seeing her anywhere near a kitchen is a joke.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Mollie said:

I don't think Jill has cooked any of those nine recipes with the stolen photos.  If she had, she would have taken her own photos.  Someone should tell Jill that she will never be a cooking guru and to find another hobby.  Seeing her anywhere near a kitchen is a joke.

I'd rather see her in the kitchen then as a fake midwife.  Although she could probably make more folks sick with food poisoning, hmmm.

• Love 13
(edited)

What a slovenly looking bunch those Dillards are. Sam's shoes are torn and worn and look awful. Frightened little Izzy's shirt is wrinkled and his jeans look like play clothes. Jill is so frumpy, her skirt is awful. Dickwad looks his usual messy self and it looks like while the top of his front teeth shifted to his right, somehow the bottoms of the same teeth are now heading toward his left side. Why does Derick need a name tag? Surely every living person knows who he is and is in awe of his superiority.

Despite claiming they are so special and God blesses them more than the rest of us heathens, they sure don't look happy.

Edited by whydoiwatch
  • Love 16