Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It's Talk Like APirate Day, so are the Duggars going to grift free donuts today?

Someone should tell them that this is part of the Church of the FSM.  They would never do it again.

Oh gosh, I thought of that too! 

Pirate Day = Free Food for Duggars

• Love 1

The Krispy Kreme near me had a sign for that, and I briefly considered it, then decided it was too much effort. I'm officially too lazy for free donuts.

Back on topic: think of all the donuts they could buy if they had proper jobs.

• Love 14
43 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

If I had an account with all those negative comments to my stupid posts, I would cancel it.  He must enjoy masochism, or why would he keep posting when it's pretty obvious no one likes his sanctimonious bullshit?  And showing off on a motorcycle when he has proved to be a beggar, why?  He's unhinged and then some.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

If I had an account with all those negative comments to my stupid posts, I would cancel it.  He must enjoy masochism, or why would he keep posting when it's pretty obvious no one likes his sanctimonious bullshit?  And showing off on a motorcycle when he has proved to be a beggar, why?  He's unhinged and then some.

Every negative comment probably confirms his belief in how persecuted he is for being one of the "true Christians". He'll never understand it's because he's an insufferable preachy asshat.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, HoboClayton said:

HAHA! Oh... That picture is just precious. I think even the "Faith Riders" would kick his wobbly ass.  I can see Josie raising rabid hell on one though in about 10 years.

Love your avatar!  One of my favorite GG episodes.

I'm hoping for one of the lost girls to break free, because they got (and probably are still getting) the short end of the stick.  

Back to the Dullards, who were Jill's buddies?  I know Joy was one.

5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I love some of the comments people made. Ha! I am trying to picture Jill as a motorcycle chick. She probably love holding on to him for dear life because she can cling to him like there is no tomorrow on a motorcycle.

The sound that a motorcycle makes might scare silly miss jilly.  She did freak out over the sound of that evil shower curtain coming down in So America.

• Love 3
On 9/20/2017 at 5:51 PM, kalamac said:

Every negative comment probably confirms his belief in how persecuted he is for being one of the "true Christians". He'll never understand it's because he's an insufferable preachy asshat.

Except even some of his fans are unhappy. They see it as dangerous especially as a "family vehicle". (TBF motorcycling can be dangerous.) Some of them probably think all motorcyclists are the Hell's Angels. That's why he brought up the Faith Riders. That and it's on-brand! 

I'm no motorcyclist, but someone brought up that the bike looks big and out of proportion to him. He'd better off with Vespa.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2

There really is something very wrong with him, normal people do not put themselves out like that time and time again, regardless of the consequences. All I can see are posts where he's being blasted.

If you have an ounce of sense, you would sit down and evaluate what you're doing. He is not.

I think he is truly messed up inside, perhaps some long term issues from home, the frustration at not being able to play at Missionaries, a useless wife who will not try to grow up, two children, no job. I'd be bitter as well I think.

The fact that he refuses to face up to reality does not bode well. Derick dear, we all make our own choices and are thus responsible. Granted, some stuff is beyond our control but HOW we react to it and deal with it is our responsibility.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

There really is something very wrong with him, normal people do not put themselves out like that time and time again, regardless of the consequences. All I can see are posts where he's being blasted.

The comments are negative, but some people click the like button. 

Edited by Temperance

I'm pretty sure Derick reads all the comments because he only ever likes the nice ones and only responds to make smart ass comments.

He posted "Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense." (Proverbs 19:11) so he must think ignoring the comments makes him glorious and above all. Douchebag. 

That comment about liberals hating on that kid but approving of a child's sex change is absolutely ridiculous. Dickhead and Jill liking the post shows how stupid and ignorant they are. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I'm pretty sure Derick reads all the comments because he only ever likes the nice ones and only responds to make smart ass comments.

He posted "Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense." (Proverbs 19:11) so he must think ignoring the comments makes him glorious and above all. Douchebag. 

That comment about liberals hating on that kid but approving of a child's sex change is absolutely ridiculous. Dickhead and Jill liking the post shows how stupid and ignorant they are. 

Yeah, I saw that too. He is garbage. Poor, persecuted "Christians." I should tell him my Dave Ramsey story. It might lighten his righteous little heart to know that it is totally legal in this country to reject employment based on religion. As long as the person refusing to hire is Christian, of course. 

ETA I bet Jesus totally looked down on my Dave Ramsey situation--smart, educated woman with a strong career history in publishing, finding herself on hard times and living with a man she was terrified was going to kill her, just needs a paycheck to save herself get to freedom is REJECTED because she was disinterested in Wednesday morning prayer service--and felt the joy and love overflowing in His heart. I can't imagine why literally everyone else in the world thinks America's a giant FDLS compound.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 15
On 9/18/2017 at 2:00 PM, ariel said:

I see some people defending the Duggars when they do unsafe things with their kids because they did the same things & are alive to tell about it.

When I was a kid, people didn't wear seatbelts.  Somehow some of us survived.  Would I recommend that foolishness now - no way!   Just because people did stupid things once upon a time & somehow survived, doesn't make it ok to do it now.  We now know better.     

Walking outside barefoot is not the danger or moral equivalent of driving without seatbelts. Of all the reasons to worry about Israel, from his unhappy demeanor to his father accusing him of being a sinner, feeding the chickens while barefoot isn't one of them.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

Walking outside barefoot is not the danger or moral equivalent of driving without seatbelts. Of all the reasons to worry about Israel, from his unhappy demeanor to his father accusing him of being a sinner, feeding the chickens while barefoot isn't one of them.

It could be an issue if the parents don't believe in Tetanus Shots.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, ariel said:

It could be an issue if the parents don't believe in Tetanus Shots.

Don't worry, they only oppose science and reason until they need it to help them out in some way, like with Josie.

• Love 9

Dillard needs to shut the *&() up, he looks like he has a hot poker stuck up his yahoo on the bike.  

I loved the picture of Israel playing outside barefoot, sorry I don't see the harm, yes he could step on glass, yes he could get a splinter...he could even get hit by a thunderbolt of lightening sent down from GOD but he could also get to be carefree and feel the wood chips under his feet, and maybe even play with some dirt...and be a child.

• Love 19
49 minutes ago, jukie said:

but he could also get to be carefree and feel the wood chips under his feet, and maybe even play with some dirt...and be a child.

I don't find wood chips & bare feet to be a good match.  Perhaps that's a regional thing?

ETA - I don't think chicken poop & bare feet are sanitary.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Because Gothardites and other cult members all have to think exactly alike and be in lockstep about everything, he is making the asinine assumption that all liberals (or whatever other group he chooses to demonize) also all think alike on all subjects. Idiot. 

Also, I would like to offer Derrick my favorite bible verse: "Make bare the leg, uncover the thigh." (Isa. 47:2)

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, jukie said:

I loved the picture of Israel playing outside barefoot, sorry I don't see the harm, yes he could step on glass, yes he could get a splinter...he could even get hit by a thunderbolt of lightening sent down from GOD but he could also get to be carefree and feel the wood chips under his feet, and maybe even play with some dirt...and be a child.

Toughened up feet can be a good thing--Izzy may decide to be on Naked and Afraid when he grows up! 

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, DOBABYR said:

It may be regional....About two weeks ago, after driving about ten minutes away from my house, I realized I was barefooted and had to turn back around. That is how much I am without shoes

I think it's personal more than regional...There are just some people who don't like the feeling of their feet being encased in shoes and enjoy the feeling of grass, sand and even dirt under their feet. They get tougher soles as a result, so even the occasional cut, scrape or splinter is easily shrugged off, and may possibly end up with tougher immune systems in general as a result as well, so (perhaps foolishly, I'll concede) some of us barefoot types tend toward not being quite so grossed out by getting a bit bruised and grubby. Other people are just naturally a bit more cautious and prefer staying out of harm's way to start with.

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I think it's personal more than regional...There are just some people who don't like the feeling of their feet being encased in shoes and enjoy the feeling of grass, sand and even dirt under their feet. They get tougher soles as a result, so even the occasional cut, scrape or splinter is easily shrugged off, and may possibly end up with tougher immune systems in general as a result as well, so (perhaps foolishly, I'll concede) some of us barefoot types tend toward not being quite so grossed out by getting a bit bruised and grubby. Other people are just naturally a bit more cautious and prefer staying out of harm's way to start with.

I don't think preferring shoes has much to do with staying out of harm's way. My feet hurt like hell if I don't wear good shoes all the time, so I go barefoot only in the shower. I still have a pretty spiffy immune system, too. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I don't think preferring shoes has much to do with staying out of harm's way. My feet hurt like hell if I don't wear good shoes all the time, so I go barefoot only in the shower. I still have a pretty spiffy immune system, too. 

29 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I think it's personal more than regional...There are just some people who don't like the feeling of their feet being encased in shoes and enjoy the feeling of grass, sand and even dirt under their feet. 

I think if someone like the Duggars, who has lived their lives in cheap flip flops,  that explanation might be feasible.  The chicken poop on your bare feet, not so much.

• Love 1

You bet your life they had shoes on Izzy when he roamed the streets of Danger America, especially given that all sorts of animals ran free, not just dogs and cats. And yes, I remember them posting pictures of him in the streets next to vans and the like with other little kids (brown, probably barefoot, and older than him, of course). If they let CheeChoo go barefoot in the streets down there, I don't know what to say about the ability of these two to parent that hasn't already been said. 

Phew. They do have shoes on him. Amazingly, the little girl is wearing sandals, too! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, HoboClayton said:

The no shoe thing gets on my nerves as well. But, come on! I'm also the type of person that you couldn't keep shoes on to save your life. And let's face it.. These kids running around barefoot is a good thing. They need all the antibodies and immune builders they can get. Walking barefoot on some woodchips is not going to kill him. And if it was bothering him, he would have raised a stink. "Sanitary" is the environment you need to be in for surgery, not in day to day living. Get dirty, it really is okay.

Amen!

• Love 8

My parents were about the best parents in the world, but let us go barefoot around the neighborhood when we were young.  I lived for the day in spring when my mom would first let me go barefoot for an hour a day, and we worked up to all day by the middle of summer.  I still prefer barefoot in my house.  When I was young, the bottom of my feet were as tough as leather.  I could walk on gravel without a problem.  So I have no problem with Izzy being barefoot on wood mulch.  He doesn't seem to see it as a problem either.  Glad he can just be a child, given the weirdness of his parents.  So go, Izzy!

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I need to Derick to continue posting just because the responses are hilarious. "Misogyny Friday", omg, these people are too funny!!!

Misogyny Friday.  If it were only Friday, but with them, it's misogy all day every day, every day.

• Love 8

Does he even put any thought into picking his Bible quotes?It's sounding more and more as though he's just flipping through it with his eyes closed posting whatever his finger lands on with some idea that God has pointed him to it. Can anyone figure out what this quote has to do with anything? I'm stumped.

• Love 7