Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

No proverb of the day from Dullard today. I wonder if that indicates that Sammy has made his appearance?

eta: If Jilly Muffin does give birth (or already has) this weekend, I fully expect them to hold the announcement until Monday for a bit of a boost in July Sweeps ratings. 

I hope for a Kardashian emergency, so they don't get a People cover.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They'll still get a People article online to break the news. 

That's basically a fact of life. I see joy and Jessa get the, for thier every sigh and bowel movement. Probably don't pay what a cover does.

• Love 2
(edited)

"We are excited to finally announce the arrival of Samuel Scott Dillard! The newest addition to our family arrived on Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 1:02pm. He weighs 9lb 10oz and is 22” long. After 40 of labor, he was delivered via C-section at the hospital. Thank you for your continued prayers and support!"

GAH - today is my sons birthday!!!!  and 40 hours, they are foolish. hope this baby is healthy.

Edited by zoomama
  • Love 14
Just now, wilsie said:

@zoomama  Happy Birthday to your son!  I hope he has a wonderful birthday.  I know he has a wonderful mama.  Good luck to Samuel Scott Dillard.

oh wilsie, thanks for that kind compliment. 

4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

40 hours of labor? Seriously? What does Jill do, feel the slightest cramp in her stomach and start the stopwatch? 

I also agree the wording is interesting. It sounds to me like she attempted a V-bac at home and the C-section was the last resort after she failed to deliver the way she wanted. I can't imagine any doctor letting her labor that long, especially with her history. 

my guess would be they stayed at home till the last minute and then went to the hospital for the delivery.  so most of the '40' hours were probably at home, starting with the first contraction felt. 

• Love 11
(edited)

The way this bunch counts labor, her water probably broke and she didn't have a contraction for over 24 hours and still wanted to VBAC at home.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 14

"There's also no set rule when it comes to the number of C-sections you can have. "I have performed a woman's sixth C-section with virtually no complications or difficulties, and I have performed second cesarean sections with many adhesions and potential complications," says Jason S. James, M.D., chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Baptist Hospital of Miami"

okay thats scary, 6 sections and no complications? I bet Jill will go for a record

(edited)

okay thats scary, 6 sections and no complications? I bet Jill will go for a record

Samuel practically guarantees birth 3 will need to be in a hospital. I'm sure Jill's already stewing with resentment. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 17
49 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

40 hours of labor? Seriously? What does Jill do, feel the slightest cramp in her stomach and start the stopwatch? 

I also agree the wording is interesting. It sounds to me like she attempted a V-bac at home and the C-section was the last resort after she failed to deliver the way she wanted. I can't imagine any doctor letting her labor that long, especially with her history. 

She probably used her medical thingies to start timing the first time she had to poop near her due date.

30 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

40 hours of labor? Is she crazy?!

Yes. She is crazy.

24 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Samuel practically guarantees birth 3 will need to be in a hospital. I'm sure Jill's already stewing with resentment. 

This is what a normal, sensible person would think after two huge babies and two c-sections. Dumb Ass Jill has probably not connected everything together yet. 

• Love 15
36 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

"There's also no set rule when it comes to the number of C-sections you can have. "I have performed a woman's sixth C-section with virtually no complications or difficulties, and I have performed second cesarean sections with many adhesions and potential complications," says Jason S. James, M.D., chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Baptist Hospital of Miami"

Not to brag, but I performed a cesarean on a woman who had 10 without complications. I did 7 through 10.  Menopause intervened or she would've had more kids, I believe.  I also delivered babies number 5 through 7 via cesarean on her sister.  However, both of these ladies had scheduled repeat cesareans without labor after their first delivery which is far less risky than having cesareans after labor.  If Jill insists on laboring with each subsequent child, she is far more likely to suffer serious complications.

With Izzy, Jill counted her labor from the moment her water broke, so I am sure the 40 hours is from the first cramp.

• Love 24

I'm laughing sooooo hard that Jill will have to go to the hospital from now on, and will not be having nineteen! I really, really don't want her or the baby to die, but she needs a normal-sized family. 

I'm a little worried though, because they didn't say anything about him being healthy...

• Love 11
(edited)

I am just thankful that mother and baby are safe and sound despite how dimwitted the mother is. 

Was it 40 hours since her water broke her 40 hours of hard labor? Anyway I guess it doesn't matter since she so midwifey and has medical things to tell us exactly what was going on. 

I guess the sister moms are all ready to go since we know snowflake Jilly won't take care of her own kids if she can get someone else to do it. To be fair anyone who's had andominal surgery knows how much it hurts so I don't begrudge her some help but she just act so entitled and she doesn't really act like she's grateful for others that help her out.  Even though I know that my family will do anything for me I'm not so smug that I believe I am entitled to anything from them and if I didn't need something and they helped me I would just simply be grateful. You don't see this with the Duggar clan at all.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
Typo
  • Love 9

I agree!!! I don't mind jessa getting help because I feel she does most things on her own, and acts grateful for the help. I feel jinger would be the most gracious of all! Jill is just too helpless. I hated her shrieking about how they should have brought their husbands to that creepy house. I bet she has alienated Jana by saying a lot of things like that around her. I could hear her giggling, "oh wait...except you don't have a husband!" Maybe Jana complained once, and she was that "clingy friend."

• Love 6

Well, glad for the safe arrival of a (presumably) healthy baby. I bet it was transverse, though. I NEED to see some footage of someone yelling at her to get her ASS to the hospital wayyyyy prior to the "40 hours of labor" mark.

• Love 3

This baby was 9 lbs 10 oz? What a whopper! Jill is an idiot for going 40 hours of labor and risking it. She's all about herself. I hope Samuel is ok and stays that way. At least being born in a hospital, he'll get a good check up by a real pediatrician. A doctor will check out Jill, too. I hope she's told unequivocally that she needs to shut down the baby factory.  Can't believe it...that stubborn jerk attempted to deliver at home again....well, I think Derick will be ok with Izzy BY THEMSELVES before Jilly comes home..I hope the Duggars don't send Johannah and Jana to take care of Derelict and Izzy.

• Love 11

Does anyone know how much Izzy weighed and his length at birth? If this one is larger, I'm afraid they'll keep on getting bigger. Hopefully, Jill will be THANKFUL to God for her two boys and stop at that.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, floridamom said:

This baby was 9 lbs 10 oz? What a whopper! Jill is an idiot for going 40 hours of labor and risking it. She's all about herself. I hope Samuel is ok and stays that way. At least being born in a hospital, he'll get a good check up by a real pediatrician. A doctor will check out Jill, too. I hope she's told unequivocally that she needs to shut down the baby factory.  Can't believe it...that stubborn jerk attempted to deliver at home again....well, I think Derick will be ok with Izzy BY THEMSELVES before Jilly comes home..I hope the Duggars don't send Johannah and Jana to take care of Derelict and Izzy.

You'd think, too, that any midwife worth a dime would have noticed how LARGE the baby was going to be and told them that they really SHOULD be at the hospital to ensure a safe delivery.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Does anyone know how much Izzy weighed and his length at birth? If this one is larger, I'm afraid they'll keep on getting bigger. Hopefully, Jill will be THANKFUL to God for her two boys and stop at that.

Izzy weighed 9 lbs 5 oz, so he was in the same ballpark.  In general, subsequent babies do tend to be a few ounces bigger than the first and, of course, boy babies tend to weigh more than their sisters.

I would hope that, at the very least, Jill had a consultation with a board certified OB/GYN prior to her delivery and was properly counselled and assessed. I would hope she was tested for gestational diabetes early in pregnancy and the test was repeated after 26 weeks if it was normal.  I would also hope that the doctor assessed the weight of the baby via exam a couple weeks before her due date and ordered an ultrasound to estimate the baby's weight at that point.  Ultrasound is notoriously inaccurate in estimating the baby's weight (and no better than an exam by an experienced practitioner), but it should've given them information enough to know that this child was going to be similar in size to his brother at birth, which would increase the chances that she would need another cesarean section.  She should've also been counselled as to the risk of shoulder dystocia, a life threatening emergency for both mom and baby, which can occur with vaginal delivery of large children.  In my practice, I would have let her labor, within reason, although many of my colleagues would've told her they wanted no part of a trial of labor and insisted on a repeat cesarean at 39 weeks.  With many of these women, I suggest that, even if we are planning a trial of labor, we reassess the situation on her due date and perhaps opt out if her cervix is unready at that time and many, if not most, are happy with that plan.

• Love 17
16 minutes ago, LilJen said:

You'd think, too, that any midwife worth a dime would have noticed how LARGE the baby was going to be and told them that they really SHOULD be at the hospital to ensure a safe delivery.

Dreck had mentioned that Jill had checked out well with all of her appointments. Not really sure what that means but the doctor husband of the Toilet Doula should've known that something was wrong if she was indeed going to any doctor of any kind.  When Derek said that I had at least assumed that she was going to him for some sort of wellness check but the fact that they went for one of those vanity ultrasounds tells me otherwise.

• Love 5
(edited)

Good grief, 9 pounds 10 ounces??  WOW.

I'm glad everything went well, but Jill's going to be cooking 12-pounders before it's all said and done.  She needs to be super careful, assuming she goes on to have another dozen kids or so.

That said, I honestly worry about how she's going to handle jetting off to play missionary while taking care of a newborn and a toddler, while Dreck spends hours and hours looking for a nice, quiet spot to write his "sermons."

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

I hope Derrick and Jill are just thankful for their two healthy boys and stop now so not to risk Israel and Samuel from growing up without a mother.  

I can imagine few things less likely to happen than that.

• Love 9

I have actually had four c-sections. The last three were scheduled, but I labored with all of them because they came earlier than my doctors were willing to schedule. And if I did math like Jill, I could claim I labored with the last for three days, but that's really stretching the truth.

Hopefully, most of those "40 hours" were at the hospital. It was not specified.

• Love 4

I hope they tell us that Jill labored in the hospital under the watchful eye of competent staff who in the end decided that a c-section was necessary. I hope we don't hear that Jill and Derick were surprised that Samuel was so big and in a breech position when they went to the hospital after 39 and 1/2 hours of labor.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Pollypam said:

I have actually had four c-sections. The last three were scheduled, but I labored with all of them because they came earlier than my doctors were willing to schedule. And if I did math like Jill, I could claim I labored with the last for three days, but that's really stretching the truth.

Hopefully, most of those "40 hours" were at the hospital. It was not specified.

In my experience in L&D, no reputable doctor would allow a woman to labor for 40 hours anywhere, home or hospital.  Personally I think Jill is trying to win the "Longest Labor" award and is lying about how long she was in real labor.  Either that or she's so damned dumb that she doesn't know how to tell what real labor is.

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

In my experience in L&D, no reputable doctor would allow a woman to labor for 40 hours anywhere, home or hospital.  Personally I think Jill is trying to win the "Longest Labor" award and is lying about how long she was in real labor.  Either that or she's so damned dumb that she doesn't know how to tell what real labor is.

I think you're right. One of the wedding shower gifts should have been some nails for her cross. She's got the martyr act down.

(Congrats, Jill!)

• Love 19
13 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She's that dumb. She may also be trying to win the Longest Labor award, but I don't think she's intentionally lying. She's just a huge Dumb Ass.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I hope for a Kardashian emergency, so they don't get a People cover.

I agree the landing the cover would be quite a prize. I'm hoping Beyonce decides to share pictures of the twins and they do a big feature on Bey and Jay-Z etc.

• Love 7

I was told I couldn't have more than 3 cesarean  sections, I trusted my doctor and that's all I had. Not sure if that was only me and my situation or what but I definitely wouldn't try for 10. And recovery of that surgery was awful for me. 

I bet Jill tries to be a martyr and not take the pain meds.

• Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

How about Jerick, Dill and the Manipulative Giant White Babies. There will probably be a few more.

Fixed it for you.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 17
(edited)

In the words of Miss Butterfly McQueen, "I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies", but given Jill's previous labour/delivery experience, combined with size of the baby, wouldn't it have been safer to have a scheduled c-section before she spent 40 days and nights (or whatever Derrick said) in labour? 

Edited by ThinkerBell
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I agree the landing the cover would be quite a prize. I'm hoping Beyonce decides to share pictures of the twins and they do a big feature on Bey and Jay-Z etc.

Ugh. They are even bigger famewhores than the Duggars. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Ugh. They are even bigger famewhores than the Duggars. 

They also seem to lack the ability to give their children reasonable names, like some of the Duggars.  However, unlike all of the Duggars, these two actually possess talent and a strong work ethic.

• Love 15