Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
39 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Laura is in her early 30's like Tabby. I think she's there as support for Jana. She works/now worked? at Gothard HQ for years. 

Interesting.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

She's been at the compound for a while now, in pictures with the family on trips, etc. I think she's taken over Tabby's role as tutor...errrr....mother...of the Lost girls. Now that Jackson is 13 I assume he's been kicked out of the treehouse and is working for Boob. 

• Love 1

I bet Boob hates the fact that people have noticed Jill and Derek don't follow Jinger and Jeremy and vice versa on social media. It shows a kink in the "perfect" family armor they try to portray. And it's so blatantly obvious, too. Jill can't say she didn't know that Jinger had social media because she followed Joy and Austin the instant they created an account. Part of me feels like Jill doesn't approve of Jinger's lack of pregnancy and Jinger opting to wear pants and heels and shorts and jeans. And GASP ... dangly earrings and faux fur. It's just really petty and sad, but I have always thought that Jill would be the type to have EXTREME jealousy over her sisters. 

• Love 13

I agree that Jill must have been a complete drag to grow up with, at least for the siblings closest to her in age. Her buddy group adores her but because she was basically their mother, the dynamic is completely different. Jessa, Jana, and Jinger though? I suspect they only started to like her when she moved out. Jill can't seem to bond with those who are supposed to be her peers.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I agree that Jill must have been a complete drag to grow up with, at least for the siblings closest to her in age. Her buddy group adores her but because she was basically their mother, the dynamic is completely different. Jessa, Jana, and Jinger though? I suspect they only started to like her when she moved out. Jill can't seem to bond with those who are supposed to be her peers.

Can someone give me the different buddy groups?  Sorry, I didn't watch 19 kids and counting.  I know that Joy was part of Jill's group.

This is from FJ:

This is from 2011 so it's probably out of date, but

Jana - Josie, Jackson, Jason

Jill - Joy, Jenni, James (Guessing Joy has these two now)

Jessa - Jordyn, Jer, Justin

Jinger - Johannah, Jed.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

During Joy's wedding episode, Jill droned on about, like, losing your friends. I said, "What friends, Jill? Aside from assisting at a certain number of births, she has never really bonded with anyone other than her buddy team and possibly Derelict. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
Stupid autocorrect
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

During Joy's wedding episode, Jill droned on about, like, losing your friends. I said, "What friends, Jill? Aside from assisting at a certain number of births, she has never really bonded with anyone other than her buddy team and possibly Derelict. 

Jill was also the only one who didn't have any friends in her bridal party, while her sisters had several. 

• Love 9

Exactly. Who is she to talk about losing friends? She's always been a Stage 5 Clinger. Jessa actually MADE real friends AFTER she married (the "tribe").Sierra already known due to Jill's awful wedding reception, but Sierra never became Jill's friend. I find the Sierra dynamic within the older Duggars girls interesting. Sierra was nowhere near Jinger's wedding planning, nor was she a bestie in the bridal party. I think Jessa moved on without Jinger not long after her wedding. 

Jill still doesn't appear to have friends. As Trump would tweet: #sad

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill still doesn't appear to have friends. As Trump would tweet: #sad

Actually, though, if I had to choose between no friends and the two people we heard about in the "tribe" in that wedding photo, I think I'd prefer no friends. The Taco-but-not-Taco dame is a massive prevaricator and Sierra is ... Sierra. Who strikes me as an off-the-charts famewhore and volcanic drama queen just waiting to go off camera to explode.  Friends are nice but friends you can't trust two inches from you not so much, to me, anyway. Maybe Jessa has other friends, however. 

• Love 9

You know what's so funny about Kristen, the Fake Taco Heiress, is that I didn't like her from the moment I saw her at that bizarre baby shower. She was the one who had that weird reaction to her father surprising her and she came off really high strung. When it comes to this crowd, first impressions are always right, I tell ya.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

tenor.gif

Like a 100 page questionnaire on your wedding day, like a free ride when your prayer partners already paid...

Joanarc...you win the Internet today.  Nearly peed my pants laughing when I saw this.

• Love 1
On 2017-6-9 at 9:33 AM, McManda said:

"Very nutritious" ... only if sodium is a food group. There's what, probably burrito shells, ground beef with a packet of seasoning, cream of mushroom soup, cheese... nothing in that meal is fresh or healthy.

No, Derek, mushrooms aren't a vegetable and slathered in a cream sauce loaded with salt makes it even worse.

Mystery solved. This is why Derrick Derrick's stomach is such a mess.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I do give Jill credit for pursuing a career. She tried to forge her own path and pursued an education, such as it was, after SOTDRT. 

Think how much happier Jill would be if she were a professional midwife with an accountant husband, and children a plan for the future.

• Love 14

I'm just so grossed out by the "burrito". He thought that was worthy and delicious to share a photo of to make the leg humpers jealous? It looks like you'd get a mouthful of sour cream and cheese. This family seems to have such limited food experiences. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Ironically, this person does not have two ironic brain cells to rub together ironically.  

21 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Think how much happier Jill would be if she were a professional midwife with an accountant husband, and children a plan for the future.

Yes.  And they could do all of that, be happy and fulfilled, AND follow Jesus, as so many do.  It's amazing that they need to simply do nothing but be a drain on society in order to feel they are obeying God.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

It's just like when women get married, chop their hair off the next day, and intentionally gain 50 pounds (not talking about suddenly getting sick or something). I think Derick having an accountant degree that he uses for a day is the male equivalent of that false advertising! He definitely is not the mate that he advertised!

• Love 4
On 6/9/2017 at 9:44 AM, ChaChaSlide said:

This is pretty much the epitome of modern day poverty cuisine in America: preservative laden, heavy in starches, fatty, limited protein and fiber but can keep for days in the fridge/feed a large amount of folks rather cheaply.  The Duggar girls stay thin probably not from a particularly healthy diet, but because they probably cooked one, maybe two casserole dishes this same size for dinner and it had to feed the whole family; they probably got tiny portions and a whole lotta tap water to fill their bellies. I'm sure Jill knows it's not healthy by any stretch of the imagination but by this point it's what she feels comfortable cooking  and what she has a taste for. Thanks Boob and Michelle for hindering your kids in yet another way. 

I make these at home in the winter.  They are actually quite good and filling.  And not wholly cheap to make.  I use chicken breast, green peppers, onions, whole wheat tortillas, low sodium soup and low fat cheese and sour cream.    I especially like them cold.   My mil used to make them the "regular" way and they are good, but very caloric.  They take a while to prepare but are really quite delicious.

jill's look goopy, like she used too much soup.

• Love 2
On 6/6/2017 at 10:36 PM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

IsraEL and SamuEL. El is a Hebrew term for God. Both are Old Testament names. 

They still have left Ezekiel, Emmanuel, Rafael, Gabriel, Joel, Michael. I wonder what names would they choose for the daughters? 

(I know one person who calls her spouse Husby.)

• Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

They still have left Ezekiel, Emmanuel, Rafael, Gabriel, Joel, Michael. I wonder what names would they choose for the daughters? 

(I know one person who calls her spouse Husby.)

you forgot Abel, Daniel, Nathaniel, and Lemuel.

They were going to name Israel Sela/Selah if he was a girl which has the el in the middle.

Also Rachel

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

I make these at home in the winter.  They are actually quite good and filling.  And not wholly cheap to make.  I use chicken breast, green peppers, onions, whole wheat tortillas, low sodium soup and low fat cheese and sour cream.    I especially like them cold.   My mil used to make them the "regular" way and they are good, but very caloric.  They take a while to prepare but are really quite delicious.

jill's look goopy, like she used too much soup.

I make something similar called chicken enchilada casserole and it is delicious!  I also use low fat cheese/sour cream and low sodium soup and salsa verde. I didn't see any chicken in Jill's.  Mostly goopy cheese and soup. I always make black bean/corn avacodo salad to go with it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

It's just like when women get married, chop their hair off the next day, and intentionally gain 50 pounds (not talking about suddenly getting sick or something). I think Derick having an accountant degree that he uses for a day is the male equivalent of that false advertising! He definitely is not the mate that he advertised!

I have mixed feelings about this. There are definitely two possibilities here.

1. Derick wanted to be an accountant, settle down and provide for his family and move on to missionary work when he had achieved his educational goals. He got sucked into the Duggar vortex and thought that SOS would be a way out -- not exactly what he had planned/hoped for, but something . . .

2. Derick is a slacker. He liked drifting around in Nepal on someone else's dime and believed that he was actually, somehow, doing the "Lord's work." He got an accounting degree because his mother insisted that he finish school, and worked at WalMart because she got him the job and made him promise to give it at least a year. He's more than happy to loll around in idleness in the Duggar compound in between ":missionary" gigs for SOS.

I drift back and forth in my opinion on Derick. He's not a particularly admirable guy, or a guy of strong character, but I'm not 100% convinced that scenario #2 is true.

• Love 12
(edited)

I don't think we can factor in Derick's original dreams to be an accountant versus his missionary dreams today.  His father died during his freshman year of college.  We've seen how Miss Cathy reacted to her cancer: gotta double down on Jesus because I've gotten cancer since I've strayed too far.  It's very, very likely Derick went through a similar mindset once his father died, especially if he had a "normal" freshman year and felt that contributed to his father's death.  OSU doesn't really have a theology major.  Business degrees are usually handed out like water to aimless graduates especially since a field like accounting requires tons of post-graduate certifications.  Derick obviously showed no ambition before the Walmart job to sit for some of those tests.

Edited by saylubee
  • Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Unfortunately, God wants her and her family to remain unsullied by contact with the bad people that they'd have to engage with if they had actual jobs. 

Thinking of how some people say, "God don't make junk." .... But the God the Duggars believe in makes very little that isn't junk, apparently, since the handful of good people can only remain good if they have as little to do with the vast morass of the rest of us as possible. As I understand the laws of Duggardom, they're supposed to just run up to these to-be-ministered-to outsiders periodically and say, "Accept my Jesus!" and then run off if they get a "No, thank you." And if they do anything else, like work with them in a workplace or, heaven forbid, go to school with them or whatever, they're at high risk of giving away their immortal souls. Just through that contact. Apparently. 

9 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Well, his wife didn't want him to go to the office. So it's kind of hard to be an accountant if you can't do that. He had a job, but apparently she was at it a lot of the time, upset because he wasn't like always-at-home Daddy. So I'm guessing the mate that was advertised wasn't really a kind of mate that Duggars wanted. But they took Derick because they knew he was a follower and they could change him into the kind of mate they wanted, especially since he had leanings in that direction anyway. ....

Note that Bin and, apparently, Baaaabe seem to be right there with wifey most of the time. Jer's apparently either around the house reading or, if he's out handing out tracts, Jingle is right next to him, or else the two of them are off on a Duggar-related mini-cation. And Bin, of course, seldom leaves the house at all. ...So the husband that Derick looked to us to be wasn't a husband in the Duggar mold, I'm thinking. What they wanted was a semi-employed minister/missionary. So now they have (at least) three of those. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
(edited)

I discovered the reason for Derick's persistent vomiting.  It's because of the DONATE button.

“He swallows riches, But will vomit them up; God will expel them from his belly."  Job 20:15

Another applicable Dillard Bible verse:  "Thou shalt DONATE, Bitches!"----Habakkuk 19:2*

*disclaimer:  there is no Hababukkuk 19:2 but no one wants to read that book so my ruse is safe

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 11

I love how the Dullards come home from their faux mission grifting vacation and land in the pool house with easily accessible childcare and maid service. 

The way she just ditched Izzy under the clothing rack was abominable. We'll just leave him with Mom. She doesn't even acknowledge who was taking care of him. 

I don't know if it's intentional or there isn't any way to work around it, but TLC is exposing some of the worst of the Dullards and the best of the Seewalds. 

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

The way she just ditched Izzy under the clothing rack was abominable. We'll just leave him with Mom. She doesn't even acknowledge who was taking care of him. 

And you know by "Mom" they really meant "Jana." It scares me in a way, because we're seeing a lot of Michelle-like traits coming out in Jill. My worst fear is that Izzy will become her scapegoat much like Jana was for Michelle. Anytime she's with that kid you can feel the resentment oozing out of her pores. Derick doesn't seen to be too thrilled with him either, so it makes me worry.

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

And you know by "Mom" they really meant "Jana." It scares me in a way, because we're seeing a lot of Michelle-like traits coming out in Jill. My worst fear is that Izzy will become her scapegoat much like Jana was for Michelle. Anytime she's with that kid you can feel the resentment oozing out of her pores. Derick doesn't seen to be too thrilled with him either, so it makes me worry.

I don't understand why they resent Izzy.

He's a healthy first born son, by their ideology he should be the favorite for many more years if not forever. It's not as if he's developed personality traits as an adult that they cannot stand, he's just a toddler!

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

I don't know if it's intentional or there isn't any way to work around it, but TLC is exposing some of the worst of the Dullards and the best of the Seewalds. 

The camera crew loves to show Duggar mess ups.  That's why they intentionally shot views of Joy and Johannah with their filthy feet and uncoordinated Derick on the trampolines.  Remember when they filmed Josie having diarrhea all over herself and the floor?

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

He's a healthy first born son, by their ideology he should be the favorite for many more years if not forever. It's not as if he's developed personality traits as an adult that they cannot stand, he's just a toddler!

They wish for a child without personality traits at all.

• Love 22
9 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Just my opinion, but I think Jill had PPD that went undiagnosed and untreated. I also think growing up with Michelle gave her unrealistic expectations of motherhood and the reality was a huge let-down. As for Derick, Izzy robbed him of that carefree time most couples experience before having children and put a crimp in his missioncation plans. There just seems to be an undercurrent of hostility in that household.

• Love 22

I

18 minutes ago, IntoTheMystic said:

I must have missed the episode with the dirty feet, diarrhea, and Derick on the trampoline. Can anyone tell me which ones to look for? Anytime I can watch Derick be awkward and strange and odd is great for me.

The trampoline-spaz episode and filthy feet are in the 2 hour wedding show.  Josie crapping herself is from two or three years ago.

(edited)
39 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Just my opinion, but I think Jill had PPD that went undiagnosed and untreated. I also think growing up with Michelle gave her unrealistic expectations of motherhood and the reality was a huge let-down. As for Derick, Izzy robbed him of that carefree time most couples experience before having children and put a crimp in his missioncation plans. There just seems to be an undercurrent of hostility in that household.

I think Jill expected the same attention  and adoration MEchelle got when she was pregnant. What Jill failed to realize is that the attention/adoration didn't come from MEchelle's own siblings. It came from MEchelle's children and not until she pumped out at least 6-8 kids.

Also, MEchelle had to raise her own kids for the first few years until the sister moms were ready. Jill acts like she should  be able to have a kid, then dump him/her off on everyone else just like mom did. 

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 17