Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I can picture Jill and Derick handing out religious tracts out to people in the laundromat.

The Jehovah's Witnesses and one of the more extreme fundy churches in my town leave tracts and/or magazines in all the local laundromats, so they wouldn't be out of place here. One of the churches has a real laundromat ministry where the church raises money to pay for the machines, soap, and dryer sheets, then volunteers spend 3 hours on Saturday paying for people's laundry needs.

• Love 2
On 3/30/2017 at 9:20 AM, heatherrrrz said:

Jill looks so good with the lip color in the first photo.

She looks like Anna Kendrick in Pitch Perfect.

I think Derick looks better in his hippie look. He's probably trying to hide the pain behind the beard and hair. Those teeth are getting some major movement and it must hurt like heck.

• Love 1
On 4/4/2017 at 4:56 PM, Nysha said:

The Jehovah's Witnesses and one of the more extreme fundy churches in my town leave tracts and/or magazines in all the local laundromats, so they wouldn't be out of place here. One of the churches has a real laundromat ministry where the church raises money to pay for the machines, soap, and dryer sheets, then volunteers spend 3 hours on Saturday paying for people's laundry needs.

Now that is a clever thing to do.  Granted a laundromat ministry sounds a bit weird but at least they're providing a useful service during their preaching.  What are the Dillards providing?

• Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, EAG46 said:

Now that is a clever thing to do.  Granted a laundromat ministry sounds a bit weird but at least they're providing a useful service during their preaching.  What are the Dillards providing?

Yeah. The words 'clever' & 'Duggar' definitely don't belong in the same sentence. Ever. 

Edited by lulu69
Spelling
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

This may sound uninformed, but why are they "saving" anyone in Danger America anyway?  Isn't everyone Catholic already? So they already know about Jesus, check that off the list...

They only THINK they know about Jesus!  Those Catholics are all sinners who don't believe that the King James Bible is the only sacred word of God.  They're not REAL Christians by Duggar standards; so they're fair game for conversion.

• Love 4

Was not expecting that picture.  I know he was smiling and holding out a card with "2" on it, but why couldn't they have shown him in a family setting or with a brithday cake?  With him standing against a bare white wall, he looked like the the mug shot of the worlds youngest juvenile offender.

OK Iz, what did you do?

• Love 16
27 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Was not expecting that picture.  I know he was smiling and holding out a card with "2" on it, but why couldn't they have shown him in a family setting or with a brithday cake?  With him standing against a bare white wall, he looked like the the mug shot of the worlds youngest juvenile offender.

OK Iz, what did you do?

Asked for a bite of his mom's apple, fussed when he was tired, left a blanket ... you know, acted like a child. But just wait, having a sibling is going to teach Izzy Boy that he is not the center of his parent's universe.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Zahdii said:

OK Iz, what did you do?

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Asked for a bite of his mom's apple, fussed when he was tired, left a blanket ... you know, acted like a child. But just wait, having a sibling is going to teach Izzy Boy that he is not the center of his parent's universe.

Questioned how God could have possibly fit 2 of every species on a boat? 

Edited by lulu69
Clarity
  • Love 8
(edited)

On the bright side, at least they seem to know some specific things that he probably actually likes. They don't appear to be writing about a complete stranger. May that continue. 

Edited by Churchhoney
verbs have number, just like pronouns
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Zahdii said:

OK Iz, what did you do?

Don't forget, they do things "just a little bit different."

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Was not expecting that picture.  I know he was smiling and holding out a card with "2" on it, but why couldn't they have shown him in a family setting or with a brithday cake? 

I think it's a birthday number candle that's still in the package.

The most disturbing part of that post is that he loves killing bugs. Well maybe mosquitoes , but other than that, kids should be curious about insects, not smashing them. (Entomologist-related here. This bothers me as much as the Derick / cat sledding incident did for cat-lovers.) Also, if he's in Central America , he could risk being bitten or stung by something poisonous. Gah. Idiots.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

They only THINK they know about Jesus!  Those Catholics are all sinners who don't believe that the King James Bible is the only sacred word of God.  They're not REAL Christians by Duggar standards; so they're fair game for conversion.

Why do they feel the KJB is superior?

(edited)
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

As opposed to "Loves starving himself". 

That's JRod's kids, who like to 'fast for the Lord' (presumably in that case the Lord being their Dad, who hasn't missed a meal ever).  Amazing that our Jill is actually the better option when it comes to weirdo fundies named Jill.

Edited by kalamac
deleting extraneous word
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Ignorance and refusal of learning facts.

They presume it was the first bible and the only truly accurate and authoritative Word of God. Everything after is a mistranslation and not the 'real Bible'.

You can't explain to them that Christians used something besides KJV until 1603, etc. Basrically people want to be stubborn and arrogant because they don't want to embrace anything new or have to actually learn what scripture means, versus what someone told their grandpa 100 years ago. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

On the bright side, at least they seem to know some specific things that he probably actually likes. They don't appear to be writing about a complete stranger. May that continue. 

And at this point, they are still praying that he grows up to love Jesus...There are those out there who would claim that their two-year-old already does have a grasp of everything that Jesus has done for them, has favorite Bible verses, and will be ready to hit the road preaching at any minute. I don't know...there's just something I find mildly reassuring at the thought that maybe they don't consider it a done deal. Or it could be that they just aren't very eloquent...

• Love 2
10 hours ago, drafan said:

I think it's a birthday number candle that's still in the package.

The most disturbing part of that post is that he loves killing bugs. Well maybe mosquitoes , but other than that, kids should be curious about insects, not smashing them. (Entomologist-related here. This bothers me as much as the Derick / cat sledding incident did for cat-lovers.) Also, if he's in Central America , he could risk being bitten or stung by something poisonous. Gah. Idiots.

That really bothers me as well...I mean, sometimes there are some bugs that need to be dispatched, but to actively enjoy killing them as an activity in and of itself? That just comes off all sorts of wrong. 

• Love 10

So they can pester people with their bullshit, but Gothard forbid someone gives them their truth.  Entitled, hypocrites, and cowards. Are those part of Gothard's character traits? 

• Love 6
On 3/25/2017 at 11:08 AM, ChaChaSlide said:

There's also the question of what to do with the frozen embryos once you're done having kids; sure you could continue to implant them octo mom style (not all at once of course), or even adopt them out, but the majority of the time the embryos end up frozen indefinitely, or forgotten and destroyed when storage payments lapse. Long story short, conservative Christians are anti IVF because it's considered contrary to the sanctity of life. This is before we even get into the conversation of "valid" modes of conception.

Have you met the "snowflake babies"? It's a ministry, you know.

I met "snowflake twins" at a neighbor's house several years ago. We left as quickly as possible. We all know it's so much holier to make sure those poor frozen embryos have a chance at life while living, breathing foster kids can languish in their situation. After all, they're not godly enough!

• Love 11
On 4/2/2017 at 6:33 PM, PJ123 said:

Well its a lot easier to control what information gets out in CA vs. locally here in the US where there are cameras and cell phones everywhere.  So they can say "look how we are helping" and no outside party is there to call them on their b.s.

This is exactly why they have not pursued a "mission" in the USA. People in America speak English. Triple D and Jilly Muffin are not about to pursue their "ministry" in a country in which everyone has a cell phone, everyone can find at least one Internet connection, and everyone can upload their encounters with the Duggars. It's not about salvation at all. It's all about the appearance of evangelizing while goofing off and vacationing.

(Slightly OT) This also puts the lie to that BS about J-Chelle showing up at the local Wal-Mart to "pray" with people. There has never been a photo or video surfacing from those visits. In other words, they did not happen. She cannot risk the un-screened having any attempt to speak to her in public.

• Love 6
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 0:39 PM, WhineandCheez said:

This may sound uninformed, but why are they "saving" anyone in Danger America anyway?  Isn't everyone Catholic already? So they already know about Jesus, check that off the list...

The Duggars are arrogant assholes.  They are the only ones that know the true stairway to heaven.

• Love 2

(Slightly OT) This also puts the lie to that BS about J-Chelle showing up at the local Wal-Mart to "pray" with people. There has never been a photo or video surfacing from those visits. In other words, they did not happen. She cannot risk the un-screened having any attempt to speak to her in public.

I'm certain this happened, but not I they way they're described. Michelle likely wandered around a Walmart for three hours until she was recognized, realized they weee uncritical fawning drones, then spewed her crap at 'fans' for a few minutes, the went home. The show was off the air and she desperately needs fresh attention. Narcissists pull this kind of thing.

• Love 2
On 4/6/2017 at 10:40 PM, DangerousMinds said:

It's a Baptist thing here. A family member became hard core fundie and decided KJB was the only Bible. The other versions are "inferior" even they though they make the Bible easier to read. 

11 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

It's a Baptist thing here. A family member became hard core fundie and decided KJB was the only Bible. The other versions are "inferior" even they though they make the Bible easier to read. 

Also, I assume Biblical text theoretically scoots farther away from the "original meaning" with any subsequent translation; no?

(edited)
37 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Also, I assume Biblical text theoretically scoots farther away from the "original meaning" with any subsequent translation; no?

For the evangelical Calvinists, it doesn't so much matter how many translations have been done, it's that the KJV was the first English translation authorized by the Church of England and it was ordered by King James who was their kind of Protestant and done by their kind of clergy people.  Therefore, it is the only 'correct' translation.  There are many other translations done in far more exacting fashion by far more educated Biblical scholars, but they don't count because they weren't the 'right' kind of Christian.  Believing that the KJV is the ONLY verified, word of God, version is part of the notion that their beliefs are the only valid ones. 

For example, Catholics aren't REAL Christians because they don't use the KJV because of that whole Henry VIII Church of England thing.  Same reason why many evangelical fundies revere Anne Boleyn as a perfect Christian example of womanhood; she was their kind of Christian.  They usually try to claim that her sole motivation for prodding Henry to divorce Catherine of Aragon, denounce Catholicism and start his own church was her utter devotion to Protestantism and her desire to save the King's soul from eternal damnation.  I recall one fundie blog (probably the Botkin sisters) where they had a party and the women were to dress as Christian heroines and they were all atwitter at being able to honor Anne Boleyn by dressing up like her.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 8

Wait? What? I have a major interest in the Tudors and their relationships, but I had never heard that Anne Boleyn was a fundie heroine. I would have assumed that she would be a cautionary tale about jezebels and intelligent, ambitious women. (Now if they wanted to revere near-martyr and fervent protestant wife 6, Catherine Parr, I would get that, but I'm assuming that's a little much for the SODRT).

• Love 12
2 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Wait? What? I have a major interest in the Tudors and their relationships, but I had never heard that Anne Boleyn was a fundie heroine. I would have assumed that she would be a cautionary tale about jezebels and intelligent, ambitious women. (Now if they wanted to revere near-martyr and fervent protestant wife 6, Catherine Parr, I would get that, but I'm assuming that's a little much for the SODRT).

Taking this to the other fundies thread.

6 hours ago, queenanne said:

KJV only people say that, but most of the newer translations go back to the original greek, latin, aramaic, etc. text as much as possible. Some people are just stubbornly stuck in tradition and don't even want to consider any way but the one they are used to.

4 hours ago, satrunrose said:

I'd never heard this either, but looks like at least those Botkin sisters think that way. Very interesting.

On 4/7/2017 at 5:53 PM, JoanArc said:

I'm certain this happened, but not I they way they're described. Michelle likely wandered around a Walmart for three hours until she was recognized, realized they weee uncritical fawning drones, then spewed her crap at 'fans' for a few minutes, the went home. The show was off the air and she desperately needs fresh attention. Narcissists pull this kind of thing.

Going to the KJB and J-Chelle thread.

(edited)
On April 6, 2017 at 8:14 PM, SMama said:

I think that is a candle. If so, where's his cake? Wil Kline would not stand for no cake. 

Don't you get it? That candle is his cake.  A little wax never hurt anyone.  ;)  They are in Danger America.  If Jill can go without a dryer, Izzy can go without a cake. 

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 2

Caught up on the banana bread thing, and what bugs me about those squares is that the Duggars have posted pictures of the dozens of pies they make for themselves for thanksgiving....more than even that ridiculous brood can eat, but Jill makes one pan of banana bread for Derrick to distribute to several families and acts like she's doing some great act of charity (which is how she views everything she does). She doesn't have to do it every time but, damn, if she was going to bother at all she could have made several loaves so each family could have one. 

• Love 22