Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Mollie said:

Derick certainly has difficulty expressing his thoughts clearly.  He rambles like he's heavily medicated.  He also has a lack of knowledge about the history of the American Civil Rights movement.

In 1910, Camp Fire Girls of America was created to be the sister organization of the Boy Scouts of America.  After the Civil Rights movement resulted in legislation, the name of the organization was changed to Camp Fire Boys and Girls in 1975.  For over 40 years now boys have been able to join.  If the Boy Scouts is just now allowing girls to join, it's way overdue.

I bet Derick will totally freak out if a woman ever becomes Pistol Pete.

It's a shame that Derick hasn't found anything productive to do with his time in the six months he's been back in Arkansas.  I wonder if he's collecting welfare checks.

THIS needs to happen.  I think there needs to be a campaign started ASAP.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Has Pickles gotten ahold of this story yet? I can't wait to read the comments when she does.

Oh she has. I saw it there first before I came here.

HELP OUR MINISTRY, in place of DONATE, interesting.

Once a week we go into villages hit hard by violence, and provide various skills training for adults, Bible study, kids programs, and crafts. 

Shouldn't the Dillards receive some "skills training" first??

• Love 7

$24000, my God they are frugal!!!! What a load of bs!  I reckon TLC would cough up that if they said they would film down there.  And to think I liked Derick when he came on the scene, now I find him to be a total ass.  His wife (lazy ass that she is) is pregnant for goodness sake.  Zika is around, mind you, I am sure she only leaves the house when they tape for TLC, so maybe a bit of ultra strength bug spray and she will be fine.  Evidently they have cracked with the pressure of the fact that Derick is doing jack-all in Arkansas and living in the mansion house while Jessa and Ben have the 2-bed mould house for 2 kids.  My kids are now fighting over God knows what and I have lost my train of thought, I am sure there will be more later....

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

What is wrong with Derek...All of America can see that Jill doesn't want to go back to Danger America.  I think if Jill could trade places with Jana she would!  

My heart hurts reading that these two are going back to Danger America.

There is so much potentially wrong with Jill at this moment.  She was forced to go on television and support Josh, her sibling molester.  Molestation messes up a person for years to come.  There's the potential PTSD and ACE (Adverse Childhood Experiences).  The PPD that Jill seems to exhibit hits me every time that I see her dead eyes.  

Derrick has issues as I imagine that the death of his father still haunts him.

These are two child-adults.  They so and do stupid things.  But I think they're caught in listening to the supposed adult-adults (JimBoob and Xanaxia) and living by the craziness of Gothardism.  What bothers me is that I don't see this cycle ever having a chance of being broken, and the damage to Jill, Derrick, and Izzy will continue.  And now, FFS, there's a new baby being brought into this mess.

I loathe their religion, ranting posts, and non-tolerance.  And yet I feel so damned sorry for the terrible lives they lead.  They have the material needs covered by the TLC shit show, but they have no emotional healthiness.  Can't Cathy see this?  Can't TLC see this?  I just want to take them in, feed them some decent food, give them some chores to do, love up on Izzy, and start the deprogramming.

Sorry, it's been a rough day.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, CherryMalotte said:

Someone way smarter than me has to answer this - if they are running their donations as not for profit, aren't the tax records public?

I always thought any organization registered as a 501(c)(3) had to make their financials public, but I've yet to see anything released by the Dullards. I'm not an accountant or tax expert though, so maybe I'm mistaken.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I always thought any organization registered as a 501(c)(3) had to make their financials public, but I've yet to see anything released by the Dullards. I'm not an accountant or tax expert though, so maybe I'm mistaken.

Where do I send complaints about the activities/operations of tax-exempt organizations?

If you believe that the activities or operations of a tax-exempt organization are inconsistent with its tax-exempt status, you may file a complaint with the Exempt Organizations Examination Division, at the following address:

IRS EO Classification
Mail Code 4910
1100 Commerce Street
Dallas, TX 75242

You may also use Form 13909, Tax-Exempt Organization Complaint (Referral) Form, for this purpose. 

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f13909.pdf

The complaint should contain all relevant facts concerning the alleged violation of tax law.

The IRS cannot advise you of any action it has taken or may take in response to a complaint. The confidentiality and disclosure provisions of the Internal Revenue Code preclude the Service from discussing matters relating to any activity it might undertake regarding the tax-exempt status of an entity with anyone other than the principal officers or authorized representatives of that entity. These provisions were enacted by Congress to protect the privacy of all taxpayers.

The IRS maintains an active examination program to ensure that tax-exempt organizations, as well as taxpayers, meet the requirements imposed on them by the Internal Revenue Code.

Source: http://www.irs.gov/charities/article/0,,id=139029,00.html

• Love 7
2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Do leghumpers actually donate? I seriously want to know. Why would ANYONE donate money to these people? Maybe they should make their own merch so they can profit off of that too.

Or start selling essential oils, Plexus, or the lipsticks like other fundie women. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Or start selling essential oils, Plexus, or the lipsticks like other fundie women. 

I have no doubt one of them will break into lipsense soon

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

HELP OUR MINISTRY, in place of DONATE, interesting.

Once a week we go into villages hit hard by violence, and provide various skills training for adults, Bible study, kids programs, and crafts. 

Shouldn't the Dillards receive some "skills training" first??

And yet, TLC could barely pull together an interesting segment.

• Love 4

Thanks for the info, Mollie. 

I looked up their EIN number on the IRS website and the only info I could get for tax years 2014 and 2015 was that they filed with "gross receipts not greater than 50,000." However, I'm not an internet wizard, so I wasn't able to nail down any specifics. 

I have to say though, just by doing a quick GuideStar search,  there are an insane amount of "family ministries" registered in Arkansas with vague objective statements and many of them rake in over six figures a year. Apparently, there are enough leghumpers in the world to donate to these sorts of things. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6

"... and impact hundreds of lives on a daily basis. Once a week we go into villages hit hard by violence, and provide various skills training for adults, Bible study, kids programs, and crafts. On average we help over 40 adults and children every week." Alternative math.

How much do Derick & Jill contribute to this frugal lifestyle and ministry? I guessing their meager piece of the Counting On pie is more than the average donor makes in a year.

I guess their next child is going to be named Help-Our Ministry Dillard. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 9

I'm strongly anti-religious missionaries so for that reason I automatically hate that they're going back, but honestly? Jill's arrogant do-nothing ass being miserable doing what was once her dream gives me life, so I'm totally cool with this.  The Dillards and their ilk are horrible people--may the spend every day there crying over fallen shower racks. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Thanks for the info, Mollie. 

I looked up their EIN number on the IRS website and the only info I could get for tax years 2014 and 2015 was that they filed with "gross receipts not greater than 50,000." However, I'm not an internet wizard, so I wasn't able to nail down any specifics. 

I have to say though, just by doing a quick GuideStar search,  there are an insane amount of "family ministries" registered in Arkansas with vague objective statements and many of them rake in over six figures a year. Apparently, there are enough leghumpers in the world to donate to these sorts of things. 

You didn't find their tax return; you only found the information they filed to obtain registration as a nonprofit, religious charity.  On that application, you have to enter your estimate of how much income the charity will receive because the forms are different if a charity receives more than $50,000 a year.

Either way, to maintain nonprofit status, a charity cannot give substantial amounts of money for "private benefit" nor can it pay "unreasonable compensation" to insiders.  Most of the money must go to the stated mission of the charity.  So, if your mission statement says your charity exists to hand out crayons to orphans, you should spend more on crayons than on airline tickets. (By the way, you can buy 250 crayons for $10 on Amazon.  So why were the Dillards only allowing each kid one crayon color to color a whole picture?)

One thing that should be mentioned when writing to the IRS is that the Dillards are employed by SOS Ministries Inc. of Clearwater, Florida, for doing their work in Central America.  The tax ID number for SOS Ministries Inc. is: EIN 59-3644816.  On the SOS website and in its newsletter, the organization requests donations for the Dillards' missionary work be sent to SOS.  The Dillards, however, have always asked for donations for the same work to be sent to them at Dillard Family Ministries of Little Rock, Arkansas (EIN: 47-4302759).  Something is definitely not right about that. 

Also, the Dillards state that they will use donations to pay for their personal utility bills, groceries, health insurance, etc, but their house in Central America and their living expenses there are provided by SOS.  The Dillards have been back in Arkansas for six months now.  Are they using donated funds to pay their living expenses when they are not in Central America?  What do they do:  buy one health insurance policy for time in Central America and one for their time in Arkansas???

I think the IRS should definitely have a look at the tax returns of both of these organizations. Be sure to give the link to their blog post where they state that most of the donations will be used for their personal expenses: http://www.dillardfamily.com/2017/2/we-have-exciting-news

"If you believe that the activities or operations of a tax-exempt organization are inconsistent with its tax-exempt status, you may file a complaint with the Exempt Organizations Examination Division, at the following address:

IRS EO Classification
Mail Code 4910
1100 Commerce Street
Dallas, TX 75242

"You may also use Form 13909, Tax-Exempt Organization Complaint (Referral) Form, for this purpose. 

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f13909.pdf

"The complaint should contain all relevant facts concerning the alleged violation of tax law."

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Where exactly in Central America are they? I can't comprehend why they need $24K for a few weeks?

They're in El Salvador, but I'm not sure which city. I don't get the 24k either, as Derick clearly states it's for "living" expenses and not overall mission expenses. So they need 6-8k a month to function in a third world country? How do the locals manage to survive on a dollar a day?  

• Love 7

"Cost of living in El Salvador is 37.61% lower than in United States (aggregate data for all cities, rent is not taken into account). Rent in El Salvador is 74.33% lower than in United States (average data for all cities)."

Basic (Electricity, Heating, Water, Garbage) for 915 sq ft Apartment $71.64, Internet (10 Mbps, Unlimited Data, Cable/ADSL) $44.67, rent ranges from  around $200.00 - $500.00, food costs appear to be close to US prices, give or take a few items (ciggs are only $2.88), restaurant meals range from  $4.00 - $60.00 and clothing costs are comparable. 

Average income after taxes is less $350.00 a month.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

"Cost of living in El Salvador is 37.61% lower than in United States (aggregate data for all cities, rent is not taken into account). Rent in El Salvador is 74.33% lower than in United States (average data for all cities)."

Basic (Electricity, Heating, Water, Garbage) for 915 sq ft Apartment $71.64, Internet (10 Mbps, Unlimited Data, Cable/ADSL) $44.67, rent ranges from  around $200.00 - $500.00, food costs appear to be close to US prices, give or take a few items (ciggs are only $2.88), restaurant meals range from  $4.00 - $60.00 and clothing costs are comparable. 

I guess the all-important question is, how do the Starbucks prices compare? Maybe that's where the bulk of their budget is needed?

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7

Jill found a way to take the attention away from Jessa and her People cover.   

I'm thinking TLC and Jessa's pregnancy influenced Jill and Derick's travel plans.  They needed Jill at Jessa's home birth to FU internets us and show midwife Jill in action.         

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sheshark said:

Dear Derick and Jill:

I just gave $50 to help a near-starved and beaten dog in Central New Jersey.  The doctors and VOLUNTEERS taking care of him are doing God's work, not you.

Sarah Sharkey

You are a woman after my own heart, Sarah.  Thank you.

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, cereality said:

They're going back?? How pregnant is Jill? Is this a few month stay or a 2 week mission vacation? Any chance the next kid is born in Central America?

Next missioncation in 3/10-3/19. Perfect for Spring Breakers. IIRC, they went down a little early last time for prep. But I guess they also have to get their house (especially that pesky shower rack) back in order, and stock up on staples purchased with what will be the new windfall of DONATIONS begged for today. 

http://www.soshope.org/serve-overseas/

I can't believe he admitted he needed the money for living expenses. SOS should be covering those if they are really and truly employed by them. 

eta: Muffy got a drippy sundae for Valentine's Day, and admitted she needed to be cheered up. I guess she's sad that she's not going to have free childcare any longer. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I'd like to know how much of their own money they contribute to their expenses. They presumably get paid for Counting On, so it's not like they can't contribute. I would bet my life savings of $10 that they don't contribute anything.

Why can't her multi-millionaire parents donate $24,000? That's nothing when it comes to saving souls.

45 minutes ago, cereality said:

They're going back?? How pregnant is Jill? Is this a few month stay or a 2 week mission vacation? Any chance the next kid is born in Central America?

She's due in July, so 4 or 5 months.

Edited by rubinia
  • Love 6

I hate Derick more than Jim Bob. 

Jim Bob worked his butt off when they were first married.  Derick is a skinny, lazy piece of crap. I have no respect for lazy people. 

(OK, Jim Bob handled Josh wrong so maybe he is worse but I bet Derick would handle a situation like that even worse) 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

$24k is a single episode's income. They can't sacrifice 1 episode?

Well, that pie DOES have to be split several ways. I want to know what they did with all of the money they made on the Jill exclusive episodes made during the 19Kids days? And they had two People exclusives back then as well. They have no expenses other than food and gas! They should have a nice bank account of their own right now. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

So, Jill and Derick are obviously planning to spend the next 5 years 8 months in El Salvador since they surely don't want or expect a higher standard of living than the average Salvadoran.  Also, I'd like to point out that most of the population of El Salvador lives in or near the capital, San Salvador and, as anywhere else, the cost of living in the remote rural areas is considerably less; so Derick and Jill should be able to survive on even less than the average.

Do we know that they actually pay rent or is their housing subsidized or perhaps completely covered by SOS ministries?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Next missioncation in 3/10-3/19. Perfect for Spring Breakers. IIRC, they went down a little early last time for prep. But I guess they also have to get their house (especially that pesky shower rack) back in order, and stock up on staples purchased with what will be the new windfall of DONATIONS begged for today. 

http://www.soshope.org/serve-overseas/

I can't believe he admitted he needed the money for living expenses. SOS should be covering those if they are really and truly employed by them. 

eta: Muffy got a drippy sundae for Valentine's Day, and admitted she needed to be cheered up. I guess she's sad that she's not going to have free childcare any longer. 

Why is Derick dining on a Drippy Sundae in a sports jacket, buttoned up shirt and tie; meanwhile, Jill is in her usual stretched out, pilly pile of rags?

• Love 5

Sorry, are there not still concerns about Zika in Central America? Evidently it can affect fetuses at all stages of gestation.  

For the life of me I cannot understand how a couple who claim to be so passionate about protecting the unborn could be so careless about protecting the health and safety of their unborn child. That's despicable.  Far worse than the grifting, IMO.  Because you know if that poor child is born with any issues, they will just "pray it away".

• Love 19
16 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Sorry, are there not still concerns about Zika in Central America? Evidently it can affect fetuses at all stages of gestation.  

For the life of me I cannot understand how a couple who claim to be so passionate about protecting the unborn could be so careless about protecting the health and safety of their unborn child. That's despicable.  Far worse than the grifting, IMO.  Because you know if that poor child is born with any issues, they will just "pray it away".

If the fetus is infected with the Zika virus, the Dillards will just accept it as 'the Devil built a fortress in Jill's uterus' (just like he did in brother Josh's heart).

The baby will also be the ultimate fundraising tool if it has severe microcephaly where the skull has partially collapsed, decreased brain tissue with a specific pattern of brain damage, damage to the back of the eye and/or joints with limited range of motion, such as clubfoot.  Donate Now.

• Love 4

Have they ever shown a pix of them feeding people? Can Jill figure out how to make Minute Rice for 40 people? How many craft jewelry items have been sold and how much money was made? Has it become a source of on-going revenue and stability anywhere? Has Jill actually helped any moms to be? Will there ever be any tangible evidence of their mission success? Is there any criteria for evaluating this success? The only good thing I can say is at least they're not asking for a printing press for their print ministry...

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Haha. Or jamberry nails!  "Michelle likes bling"

has anyone matched up SOS trip dates with the timeframe they're supposedly going?  I guarantee Jill does NOT want to be there pregnant with a toddler!