Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

This is going to date me, but remember the gymnast Mitch Gaylord? I couldn't say his name without snickering, because I will always be 12, even though I was about his age when he was at the Olympics. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

How about all the people that go barefoot through the scanners? ew+++++

They make you take your shoes off.  I hate having to walk in my socks or hose where someone else's grubby fare feet have been...ick

47 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

This is going to date me, but remember the gymnast Mitch Gaylord? I couldn't say his name without snickering, because I will always be 12, even though I was about his age when he was at the Olympics. 

Ooooooh yes...iIRC he was a hottie wasn't he? I used to snicker at that name too. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I do! I was so in love with him. I collected every newspaper/ magazine article I could get me hands on. Yummy. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Family night at the Duggars?  I suspect more than a few SMELL like sloths (hint, not like flowers!).

Damn...it's official...I'm twelve...I can hear Mr Hankey saying..."You all smell an awful lot like flowers!"...except he wouldn't say that to the Duggars.

It looks like the raccoon is saying "who the F are these idiots?"

TOTALLY!!  Haha great comment.   That doesn't look like Jill--hair is too dark I think. PS: That is a great ferris wheel shot

Edited by WhineandCheez
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

TOTALLY!!  Haha great comment.   That doesn't look like ill--hair is too dark I think. PS: That is a great ferris wheel shot

I think it is Jill, it's just a trick of the light making her hair appear darker.  Because it's a family shot that was hashtagged so the airport could see it.  I doubt Jill would allow anyone else to be in an attention grab shot like that.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Why would Jill go on a ferris wheel if she gets motion sickness?

Well, I don't know that motion sickness really comes into it on the huge it's-all-about-seeing-the-view wheels. Like the London Eye and so on, that National Harbor wheel moves pretty slowly and you're almost in a room. Not too different from a revolving restaurant or something. Not any kind of fast thrill ride.

• Love 2

If they are staying at the Gaylord Hotel, I wonder who is footing the bill.   The Gaylord Hotels aren't cheap. (Mid to Upper $200's per night by their web site) National Harbor was the same place the gang went fake ice skating at when they visited Smugs on the show a few years back. . They have a wonderful ice sculpture Winter Wonderland during the Winter. (Never been myself but have had friends that have gone.) I picture the Dullards staying at the Motel 6 on the outskirts of DC. 

Jill and Joy seem to spend a lot of time together and Jinger and Jessa seem to spend a lot of time together while everybody leaves Jana out in the cold.  Jana takes care of the littles, the cooking, schooling and everything else.  Jill,(Especially Jill) Jessa, Joy and Jinger don't seem to like Jana all that much.  Cinderella.  I hope Jana elopes because her sisters probably steer guys away from her somehow.  

• Love 1

Jill looks like she got a wedgie the instant the photo was taken.  I wonder if she goes for the whole giddy insane look because she realizes she is rather a homely sot.  Not ugly.  But she does everything wrong in terms of making her countenance right for jesus and her master.  Wait.  Jim Boob is still her real master so her adjunct in fame whoring and holding out her hand to whoever will put something of value in it for doing jack squat.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

Jill looks like she got a wedgie the instant the photo was taken.  I wonder if she goes for the whole giddy insane look because she realizes she is rather a homely sot.  Not ugly.  But she does everything wrong in terms of making her countenance right for jesus and her master.  Wait.  Jim Boob is still her real master so her adjunct in fame whoring and holding out her hand to whoever will put something of value in it for doing jack squat.

I don't think Jill's homely at all. She's not the prettiest of the older sisters, but she's not been beaten with the ugly stick either. I think somewhere along the way someone told her that her eyes were too small and she needed to make them look bigger if she was ever going to catch a guy. So she does this out of habit now, probably couldn't stop if you told her she was killing innocents every time she did it. 

I just think this family is extraordinarily screwed up because of their parents, and Josh, and the family's lack of dealing with him in a meaningful way - instead everyone else gets punished - and the seemingly desperate need to show an absolutely perfect "countenance" to the world at all times. It's ugly in that house methinks.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Defrauder said:

Jill and Joy seem to spend a lot of time together and Jinger and Jessa seem to spend a lot of time together while everybody leaves Jana out in the cold.  Jana takes care of the littles, the cooking, schooling and everything else.  Jill,(Especially Jill) Jessa, Joy and Jinger don't seem to like Jana all that much.  Cinderella.  I hope Jana elopes because her sisters probably steer guys away from her somehow.  

It's a testament to how f*cked up this family is. From the age of 7, Jana was the oldest girl who was forced by her parents to discipline her siblings, including blanket training.  There are probably some lingering hurt feelings.

They call Jill the tattletale, but she was the one who went to her parents about Josh back in the day.  That nickname makes me cringe now.

The whole dynamic of the female side of the  family is odd.  

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 9

I agree, the J'girl dynamic is odd.  Before Jill's courtship, the show made it seem like the split was Jana/Jill and Jessa/Jinger with Joy on the outside.  We saw how close Jill and Joy were once they put Jill in the spotlight and Joy was a teenager.  Joy was Jill's first Jenny.  Hopefully, Jana having John David made up for being a sort of J'girl fifth wheel. 

Jill and Jessa may not like Jana, but they sure rely on her to do stuff for them - Jill with being the accountability partner for midwife training, bridesmaid dresses, and Nepalese dinner and Jessa having Jana as a nanny/helper when Spurgeon was first born.   

• Love 1
12 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

It's a testament to how f*cked up this family is. From the age of 7, Jana was the oldest girl who was forced by her parents to discipline her siblings, including blanket training.  There are probably some lingering hurt feelings.

They call Jill the tattletale, but she was the one who went to her parents about Josh back in the day.  That nickname makes me cringe now.

The whole dynamic of the female side of the  family is odd.  

I didn't realize that it was Jill who went to her parents about Josh, so I'll stop calling her a tattle tale because in that case of course it was the right thing to do.  I just thought she tattled on her other siblings for every little thing. Anyway Jana was in an awkward position growing up having to take on the parenting responsibilities like you said so that could be the resentment the other J girls feel towards her.  Jana seems more comfortable with her bothers.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, birkenstock said:

I agree, the J'girl dynamic is odd.  Before Jill's courtship, the show made it seem like the split was Jana/Jill and Jessa/Jinger with Joy on the outside.  We saw how close Jill and Joy were once they put Jill in the spotlight and Joy was a teenager.  Joy was Jill's first Jenny.  Hopefully, Jana having John David made up for being a sort of J'girl fifth wheel. 

Jill and Jessa may not like Jana, but they sure rely on her to do stuff for them - Jill with being the accountability partner for midwife training, bridesmaid dresses, and Nepalese dinner and Jessa having Jana as a nanny/helper when Spurgeon was first born.   

Jill and Jessa not being very fond of Jana from what I can see seems to make them enjoy making Jana do things for them, whether it's babysitting or sewing endless alterations on bridesmaids dresses.   I wonder if they feel superior being married mothers while Jana is still the go to J'Slave for them.  

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Defrauder said:

I didn't realize that it was Jill who went to her parents about Josh, so I'll stop calling her a tattle tale because in that case of course it was the right thing to do.  I just thought she tattled on her other siblings for every little thing. Anyway Jana was in an awkward position growing up having to take on the parenting responsibilities like you said so that could be the resentment the other J girls feel towards her.  Jana seems more comfortable with her bothers.

Also, Michelle seems to have hated Jana since before she was born, what with the stories of Jana being the devil child who kicked her in the womb. (and how you could be absolutely sure of that with twins I don't know...) So I wonder whether the other girls haven't just picked up on that vibe coming from their mother. Not unusual for kids to choose the same scapegoat that parents do, I think. They just go with the family vibe.

• Love 12
44 minutes ago, springtime said:

and I'm sure (like most brothers) they really are a bother! lol

My little brother used to stick his butt in my face while I was reading a crop dust me. Brothers are pests. 

I won't call Muffy a tattletale for ratting out Josh either. That was absolutely the right thing to do.  But just like at Fundy private school where I went to for a while as a kid (my parents pulled me out finally once they figured out there was a big difference between Christian and Fundy), snitchting was the norm and  snitches were seemingly rewarded for tattling on others about even the smallest infraction of the rules.

They loved the words "accountable" and "responsible" and gloated on their superiority, holiness, and ideological purity and virtue while "consequences" were being meted out and the snitch could feel smug about his or her deeds. 

Since everything in Fundieland is such a big fecking deal and there is a zero tolerance policy for just about anything, Jilly Granola Moonbeam Muffin Duggar Dullard was no doubt always ratting the others out to The Boobfather in exchange for his favoritism. Probably how she survived her checked out termite queen of a mother was to cleave (um I mean cling) to her father. 

• Love 7

I give Jill a pass on ratting out Josh, but I still think she was the family snitch on everything else. Jana even admitted it in a TH. She tried to soften the criticism by saying Jill just wanted everyone to be accountable, but it was pretty obvious what she meant.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I give Jill a pass on ratting out Josh, buy I still think she was the family snitch on everything else. Jana even admitted it in a TH. She tried to soften the criticism by saying Jill just wanted everyone to be accountable, but it was pretty obvious what she meant.

Yep, it's that Fundy passive aggressive way of throwing someone under the bus and "keeping sweet" at the same time. Like the Southern girls'  "bless her heart" get out of jail free card that they use with impunity.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Also, Michelle seems to have hated Jana since before she was born, what with the stories of Jana being the devil child who kicked her in the womb. (and how you could be absolutely sure of that with twins I don't know...) So I wonder whether the other girls haven't just picked up on that vibe coming from their mother. Not unusual for kids to choose the same scapegoat that parents do, I think. They just go with the family vibe.

Now that you mention it Michelle never really seemed close to or appreciative of Jana.  I had no idea she had a negative impression of her from the womb even.  Being that Jana was the first girl, and we know how Michelle is, I wonder if Michelle felt some kind of jealousy toward Jana from the beginning.  Her negative attitude towards Jana could have definitely influenced her other daughters attitudes and behavior towards her.   Jana's brothers don't seem to have a dislike for Jana.  I had an older sister growing up( four years older) who hated me and made no secret of it verbally, physically and emotionally,  and my mother didn't really interfere in my defense while my father did.  I also had a younger brother(7 years younger) who I really got along with and we always had a much better relationship than my sister and I did.  I adored him! He was so cute and nice.

• Love 3

Hell, the Jewelry Box Incident was well before that. I think they claim that Jessa was four or five. She's born late in the year, so let's be generous and say it happened c.1997-98 at the latest. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Jill smiles too hard; all you can see are gums for miles and miles. Maybe that's why Jill and Derrick make a good couple. They both have jacked up mouths. 

I can only imagine just how much brain bleach we'd need if we spent any time at all wondering about their awkward wedding night sex...all teeth ang gangly groping limbs.  After two years of marriage, Derick's prowess seems reflected in his interpretive dance skills.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, the living statue said:

I always think of Tyra Banks advice about smiling in photos when I see Jill. If she only relaxed her smile a bit, that top lip wouldn't "disappear". She'd look so much better.

Yeah, that's the thing. The smiles are such put-on smiles. They didn't just happen. Faces are clearly deliberately stretched into them. And then when they raise the eyebrows yet... But of course they're pose-y, I guess, since none of those smiles just happen. Self-taken or taken by others, all of their photos are intended to be tv promotional ads.

• Love 6