Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Whenever Derelict is in a photo with that big, cheesy-ass grin on his face, it looks sooooo fake.  I just picture the second after the photo is taken, his face falls into an evil scowl and he stomps off not talking to anyone.  The smile is just totally disingenuous.  

• Love 11
15 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Well we all know Derelict plays fast with the truth so who knows what he is Counting as seminary. Remember when he said he worked for eleventy billion years? And we were like, yeah, no, more like three or four years, maybe. Plus why do the Dullards think matching Tee shirts are cute? They are like middle school kids. Wonder how Izzy’s first day of school was? No mention of that.

Sunday school where one makes macaroni jesus?  At least that is what we did in my Sunday school 5 million years ago.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm old, work with college students, yet this is the first time I've ever heard of it.

I think #intendtolive is the company that gave them the shirts.

Me too.  I have heard twinkies the snack and twink (A "twink" is usually considered a homosexual male with attractive, boyish qualities per urban dictionary) but not a reference for twins.  Learn something new! 

13 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Intend to live for what?

selfishly

for Jesus 

for cake

to eat bacon 

the name makes no sense 

I like the way you think

• Love 8

I'm going to admit that after a 15-year gap between taking my youngest son to the library and taking my grandchildren, I was pretty amazed at how kid-friendly and hands-on the library had become. I'm sure it helped that I moved from a tiny town of almost 600 people to one with 32,000.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

E8C771AA-24FE-4A6B-9177-BADC1F6BC369.jpeg

This was just added to her IG story 🙄

How sad that "those of you concerned about Sam" does not include his parents.

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Isn't that unusual to need readers in your 20s? Most folks either have had glasses since childhood or need glasses around 40 years old.

Me thinks Derick is really playing dress-up. Wanting to look the part.

Maybe he is trying to keep up with the Right Reverend Fancy Pants? Next, he'll be buying busts of famous Christians for his private study.

46 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill discovers the public library and is "pleasantly surprised." (8 pics)

I agree with @Zella that I am both shocked she never thought to take her children to a library and cautiously hopeful that going regularly will perhaps open her children's world (and maybe hers) a tiny bit. I guess I shouldn't be surprised she hasn't been before--it's not like her parents give a crap about making sure their kids have opportunities to learn and grow. To the contrary, in fact.

Edited by jcbrown
typity typity typo
  • Love 19
12 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

And I'm a little sad that in 8 photos of the trip to the public library, there isn't a photo of either kid with a BOOK. I mean, I'm glad she figured out that libraries are awesome (they are one of my favorite places!), but you can also check out dozens of children's books and enjoy them as much as a fish tank and a ball pit with large dog. Just please tell me they actually checked out and/or read a book to these kids!

It looks like they were at a storytime or some other program run by library staff where a boon or two was read aloud.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It looks like they were at a storytime or some other program run by library staff where a boon or two was read aloud.

I work at a library and story time is usually the librarian (or assistant) reading a story and than there is an activity or activities built around the story. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Maybe the "friends" Jill went to the library with, are some folks from church. I assume they still attend Cross Church? I mean, it's not a hotbed of liberal thought, I'm sure, but I think the membership tends to be fairly "mainstream," and not cloistered/fundie. You know, even people who actually have their kids in public school (gasp!). 

If she's making some friends in those circles, good for her. It's easy to forget how "sheltered" she was until, and even after, she married Derick. Simple things we all take for granted, like a quick solo run to the grocery store, were just outside her experience. Then there was the constant stream of propaganda about the Evil Outside World that I'm sure she was fed. I'm glad she took the boys to the public library. I'm almost AMAZED that she took the boys to the public library, in fact.

I'm no Derick fan, but I wonder if there was some method to his madness in getting into a feud with TLC and getting tossed off the show. He may be just fine with being persona non grata around the TTH, if in fact he is. Maybe in his own bumbling way he is getting Jill out of the Duggar bubble into something like mainstream life.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19

It's at least her second time at the library... I can't find the pic, but I remember seeing one of her and the friend she posted about hanging with earlier in the summer (Kristin, I think? is that the Tacos lady?), where they had the kids at the library. I think it was posted on the friend's sm instead of Jill's. Maybe it took a second visit for Jill to realize the library is OK...

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

look at Izzy so happy to be doing things appropriate for his age, with kids his age.

going to the library with friends is new to jill - sort of like when that one friend told her that kids could play outside.....

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 7
  • Love 17
27 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

going to the library with friends is new to jill - sort of like when that one friend told her that kids could play outside.....

I forgot about that. Jill’s “friends” need to step it up and teach her not only can kids play outside and go to the library... but kids can go to SCHOOL too! Imagine that!

• Love 11

The fact that Jill was "presently surprised" at what the library had to offer, shows how little she knows and was taught. When I watched kids, I LIVED for the library programs here where I live. They were fabulous and the summer activites were outstanding. The kids loved it and made great friends.

I've been out of child care for 5 years now and I still keep in touch with the parents, grandparents and other child care providers that I met. I truly miss those times and getting books for the kids, they loved picking out the books themselves. I hope she continues to take them and let them pick out books.

• Love 16

Found the previous photographic evidence of Jill at the library on a fan Instagram (I think the picture was originally Kristen's). Not sure if it's the same library. Regardless, I hope she continues to discover what awesome places libraries can be...

• Love 11

I don't think Jill does anything with the kids unless she's dragged there. She's been to the library before, but never went back. "Friends" have dragged her out to the park, but there's no indication that she's ever returned.

Leaving the house is just alien to her. Adults doing things FOR a child is alien to her. She's all about recreating the "perfect" home environment of the TTH and J'chelle never took her to the library, or the park (or a museum, or a dance class, or preschool . . .).

• Love 18
6 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

And I'm a little sad that in 8 photos of the trip to the public library, there isn't a photo of either kid with a BOOK. I mean, I'm glad she figured out that libraries are awesome (they are one of my favorite places!), but you can also check out dozens of children's books and enjoy them as much as a fish tank and a ball pit with large dog. Just please tell me they actually checked out and/or read a book to these kids!

I thought the same thing & was expecting a picture of the boys smiling & holding the pile of books they picked out to bring home.  Maybe another picture showing them with their own library cards (or whatever they use now) would have also been nice.  She could have even referenced Izzy starting back up with home schooling with him holding a "non-heathan" book about numbers, animals, etc.

I don't give Jill ANY credit for taking the boys to the library.  The credit goes to the friend(s) who invited them. Without them, I don't think the boys would have ever stepped foot in a library.  Jill would have never thought of this on her own. What a shame!

• Love 20
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Maybe the "friends" Jill went to the library with, are some folks from church. I assume they still attend Cross Church? I mean, it's not a hotbed of liberal thought, I'm sure, but I think the membership tends to be fairly "mainstream," and not cloistered/fundie. You know, even people who actually have their kids in public school (gasp!). 

That's my impression, too. I'm wondering/hoping maybe she has found a friend or two, perhaps from there, who can maybe gently educate her on the real world without being as abrasive as Derick comes across.

At my local library, a lot of conservative (and liberal!) homeschoolers attend the programs, and they get to interact with kids from all sorts of backgrounds, including kids who go to private schools and public schools. That would be a nice, non-threatening way for them to meet people outside their circle. 

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't think Jill does anything with the kids unless she's dragged there. She's been to the library before, but never went back. "Friends" have dragged her out to the park, but there's no indication that she's ever returned.

Leaving the house is just alien to her. Adults doing things FOR a child is alien to her. She's all about recreating the "perfect" home environment of the TTH and J'chelle never took her to the library, or the park (or a museum, or a dance class, or preschool . . .).

GREAT POST! 

• Love 8

I think Jill is bordering on agoraphobia. She seems to only leave the house with Dreck, or accompanied by a friend (and that’s rare). 

She probably would really benefit from some meds — but I doubt they would ever acknowledge that.

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I think Jill is bordering on agoraphobia. She seems to only leave the house with Dreck, or accompanied by a friend (and that’s rare). 

She probably would really benefit from some meds — but I doubt they would ever acknowledge that.

Remember that they have never -- in their entire lives -- gone anywhere alone. That's not an exaggeration, either. That is a very specific part of their belief system. I think that the natural response to being raised like that is to either want to go everywhere alone, or to be terribly fearful of going anywhere alone (which is what Jill, Jessa, Jinger, and Joy appear to feel).

• Love 20
4 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Found the previous photographic evidence of Jill at the library on a fan Instagram (I think the picture was originally Kristen's). Not sure if it's the same library. Regardless, I hope she continues to discover what awesome places libraries can be...

Is it only me, or does anyone else think this is about the most genuinely happy we have seen Jill in many moons? I think she honestly finds herself buoyed up in these sorts of situations. She has that bit of Bohemian vibe which I've always found somewhat intriguing about her, but she has no idea what to do with it. It's just when she finds herself in safe (no Danger America) surroundings, yet pulled toward actual bits of creativity, that she seems to come to a cautious bit of life.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Is it only me, or does anyone else think this is about the most genuinely happy we have seen Jill in many moons? I think she honestly finds herself buoyed up in these sorts of situations. She has that bit of Bohemian vibe which I've always found somewhat intriguing about her, but she has no idea what to do with it. It's just when she finds herself in safe (no Danger America) surroundings, yet pulled toward actual bits of creativity, that she seems to come to a cautious bit of life.

She does look genuinely very happy there. I noticed in the library pics today poor Izzy looked so genuinely thrilled to be there, especially compared to how frightened he often looks.

• Love 16

Do Jill and Derick have two cars? If not, I am assuming that Derick drives himself to school and Jill might be stuck at home. Hasn't Jill brought food to Derick at school? So maybe they split their car time or Jill gets dropped off by someone.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Do Jill and Derick have two cars? If not, I am assuming that Derick drives himself to school and Jill might be stuck at home. Hasn't Jill brought food to Derick at school? So maybe they split their car time or Jill gets dropped off by someone.

When Derick was at WalMart, Jill drove hime to work (and came to visit at lunch, and sometimes came to visit the gym, and picked him up -- sometimes with siblings!). I don't think the issue is that Jill can't leave the house because she doesn't have a car. Either she doesn't want to leave, or she's afraid to go out, or she believes that going out alone is such a terrible sin that it never even occurs to her to go out.

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I think if they do have 2 cars they would have taken the one with working windows to church.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

I think if they do have 2 cars they would have taken the one with working windows to church.

9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Too lazy to move the car seats in the rain? That's my guess. 

Or it didn't dawn on them they have a second car.

• LOL 8
12 hours ago, Zella said:

That's my impression, too. I'm wondering/hoping maybe she has found a friend or two, perhaps from there, who can maybe gently educate her on the real world without being as abrasive as Derick comes across.

At my local library, a lot of conservative (and liberal!) homeschoolers attend the programs, and they get to interact with kids from all sorts of backgrounds, including kids who go to private schools and public schools. That would be a nice, non-threatening way for them to meet people outside their circle. 

Same at the one I work at. 

• Love 2