Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

So they went to some public attraction and Cathy, who is vulnerable doesn't wear a mask?!?

She has a mask around her neck, and from what is seen in the picture, they're outside and no one other than her family is in her immediate vicinity. Admittedly if I was in Cathy's vulnerability category, I would probably keep the mask on no matter what (or possibly not go at all...), but I've certainly seen more egregious Covidiot behavior from the Duggars and their associates.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

So they went to some public attraction and Cathy, who is vulnerable doesn't wear a mask?!?  Did she already have CoVid?

The types of masks that people are encouraged to wear do NOT protect the person wearing the mask. It protects the ones around you. Cathy, not wearing her mask, is not putting herself at risk. 

She is outside and does not appear to bring within 6 feet of strangers. She’s not putting anyone else at risk either. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, wait.what said:

The types of masks that people are encouraged to wear do NOT protect the person wearing the mask. It protects the ones around you. Cathy, not wearing her mask, is not putting herself at risk. 

She is outside and does not appear to bring within 6 feet of strangers. She’s not putting anyone else at risk either. 

That isn't necessarily true.  Some homemade masks do offer some protection to the wearer.  Experiments reported this fall have shown this.  I can't tell since it's so squished, but Cathy may have a disposable surgical mask which would definitely offer her some protection.  

Further, several epidemiologists are no longer offering assurance that 6 feet outside is safe to be unmasked.  Since they are mixing households, it would be prudent for them all to stay masked the entire time they are together which they very obviously didn't do.  

• Love 15
46 minutes ago, wait.what said:

Wearing it and then pulling it down like that is putting herself at risk.

What you do before putting a mask on (washing hands), putting it on by only touching the ear loops, not touching it while you have it on(pulling it down like Cathy did), and the way you take it off (by  washing hands first, and touching the ear loops only) and what you do after removing it (washing hands) not reusing a disposable mask, are all important.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

What you do before putting a mask on (washing hands), putting it on by only touching the ear loops, not touching it while you have it on(pulling it down like Cathy did), and the way you take it off (by  washing hands first, and touching the ear loops only) and what you do after removing it (washing hands) not reusing a disposable mask, are all important.

Yup! If Cathy encountered someone sick with covid her mask would 'catch' their germs. By pulling it down, she not only contaminates her hands, she has now placed covid germs directly below her mouth and nose.

• Love 10
On 12/6/2020 at 5:41 PM, ginger90 said:

Yes, I can see that those things would be very important, and, to be honest, I probably haven't been paying as strict attention to them as I ought. I do wear a mask whenever I am out and about, and always use generous amounts of hand sanitizer when I get back in the car and take the mask off, but I know that I probably do touch the front of the mask at times while I am wearing it, which could rather negate the point. Since our part of the state is quite rural, and people in CT in general seem to be very diligent about wearing their masks, it hasn't seemed quite as much of a threat to be out there as it might in other places. Until these past few weeks. Yesterday's rate in our county was up by over 400 new cases, where it's been very rare until now to see it in even the double digits. 😥

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

And it’s with only 2 kids. Of course no mommy helper for shunned Jilly muffin. 

I think they are done having kids for a long while. 

I think they are too. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if they had more, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. With the Duggars another pregnancy is old news, been there done that, with these two, it would be like any other couple out there, maybe or maybe not. 

And yes, she doesn't have a bunch of helpers doing her job, she is doing it like every other mom out there. so she can be tired! 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

And it’s with only 2 kids. Of course no mommy helper for shunned Jilly muffin. 

I think they are done having kids for a long while. 

I think they may try for a girl, but nothing is guaranteed. They don't seem to want an army. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, SMama said:

OTOH less exposure for the Dillards. I think they are used not to getting invites. 

They went to silver city or whatever it’s called which is probably a COVID hotspot. It does not look like they are quarantined or following precautions all the time. 

• Useful 1

Part of me is sad that the kids won't be able to see their grandparents but the other part of me feels they would be two in a sea of littles, and it's not like Lolli and Pop will be able to tell anyone what their names are or who their parents are.

• Love 1

I feel bad for Jill's buddy's, James and Jennifer (mostly Jenny) since they seemed to spend a lot of time with Jill even after she got married. I felt so bad for Jennifer when Jill was leaving for SA, she was so sad and equally happy when they returned. James is old enough to keep in touch but I wonder what Jennifer thinks about Jill not being part of family events.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

They went to silver city or whatever it’s called which is probably a COVID hotspot. It does not look like they are quarantined or following precautions all the time. 

They had an employee outbreak involving several workers this summer that I remember circulating on local news. I've not heard anything since then, but I assume the place has stayed a petri dish. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, Zella said:

They had an employee outbreak involving several workers this summer that I remember circulating on local news. I've not heard anything since then, but I assume the place has stayed a petri dish. 

And 6 months pregnant Deena went along on this trip. Between her or Cathy, I don't know who was more irresponsible.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Autocorrect strikes again! Reena is a friend. Deena is not.
  • Love 1
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

And 6 months pregnant Reena went along on this trip. Between her or Cathy, I don't know who was more irresponsible.

My brother has a coworker whose 7-ish-month pregnant wife got COVID before Thanksgiving. She is okay now, but her situation was so bad that she was hospitalized. And they are still concerned about the possibility she will go into labor early. I don't know why any of these idiots (including Jinger) are so irresponsible with their unborn children. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Kbo said:

That last outfit is a lot to unpack. Wow.  

Totally co-sign. That jacket is so fugly it almost wraps back around to non-fugly. Except it doesn't. I can see the pants for Jill but the proportions of everything are so out-sized and the asymmetrical hem on the shirt makes me twitch.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Totally co-sign. That jacket is so fugly it almost wraps back around to non-fugly. Except it doesn't. I can see the pants for Jill but the proportions of everything are so out-sized and the asymmetrical hem on the shirt makes me twitch.

There's nothing that can be done with the jacket except to donate it. Jill needs to learn about proportions.  That top would look good with a pair of skinny jeans or leggings.  Those pants would look good with a fitted black top or a bodysuit.  

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

There's nothing that can be done with the jacket except to donate it. Jill needs to learn about proportions.  That top would look good with a pair of skinny jeans or leggings.  Those pants would look good with a fitted black top or a bodysuit.  

Exactly this.

• Love 3

I keep trying to think of something snarky to post about those outfits, but they are so awful, I'm just rendered speechless every time I think about them. And I say this as someone who has absolutely no fashion sense whatsoever. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Zella said:

I keep trying to think of something snarky to post about those outfits, but they are so awful, I'm just rendered speechless every time I think about them. And I say this as someone who has absolutely no fashion sense whatsoever. 

I thought she was wearing pajamas...which doesn't mean they look any better, just not meant to be seen out of the house!

• LOL 4
3 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I thought she was wearing pajamas...which doesn't mean they look any better, just not meant to be seen out of the house!

That was my first impression too! And as someone who basically lives in pajamas that are not terribly fashion forward except when I am forced to leave my house for work and wear real clothing, I wouldn't really judge that. But they're supposed to be fashionable not-jammies?!?! 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 5
On 12/8/2020 at 7:54 PM, auntieminem said:

I feel bad for Jill's buddy's, James and Jennifer (mostly Jenny) since they seemed to spend a lot of time with Jill even after she got married. I felt so bad for Jennifer when Jill was leaving for SA, she was so sad and equally happy when they returned. James is old enough to keep in touch but I wonder what Jennifer thinks about Jill not being part of family events.   

Jill obviously loves her buddies a lot. I think they still have a good relationship. I think that no matter what Jennifer loves Jill ands her around, but she may actually enjoy spending time with Jill at her house more 1:1. 

• Love 8