Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Did we know that Derick apparently videoed Michelle yelling at Jennifer? I've only seen two screenshots.

The screenshots could be interpreted in about 1000 ways, but it looked like it might have been posted live, maybe last April?

I don't think it's that big of a deal to be a parent yelling at a kid, but Derick freaking posting a video of his MIL on the sly, yelling at her kid is.

• Love 3

I saw that video of Michelle yelling at her daughter posted by Derick. Yes, she was a different Michelle. When she noticed Derick and his phone capturing it, she did, indeed, change her demeanor, looked at and smiled at the camera.."Michelle-like". What a phony.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
22 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I saw that video of Michelle yelling at her daughter posted by Derick. Yes, she was a different Michelle. When she noticed Derick and his phone capturing it, she did, indeed, change her demeanor, looked at and smiled at the camera.."Michelle-like". What a phony.

Maybe someone should clue Derick in. Inlaws, friends, family and non-friends do not like to be filmed without their knowledge.

I can't think of any reasons why JB doesn't want him at his house

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Poor Jenny looked terrified. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

If Sam busted his face on the counter, would she feel like it was her fault? or would she blame Sam for not knowing better? 

She would video him getting stitches in the hospital and a thousand pictures of him laying in the hospital bed. Then she would make a video of herself telling us how exhausting and stressful it is to watch him.

• Love 17

Joy, Jinger, and Jill are allegedly supported by their husbands. But that is the fundie model, women do not work outside the home.  All male Duggars, Jana, and Ben rely on JB for their livelihoods. That’s is awful and depressing. All Duggars rely on daddy’s whims to feed and clothe their families. Well said @Temperance.

Edited by SMama
Errand apostrophe.
  • Love 12

I'm sure there's only around 20 people who think JB and M are better than everybody. Even their Fundy followers don't believe that. They just have similar beliefs and see nothing wrong with the way they raise kids.

I think that in addition to their income, the only secret the Duggars had was Josh and Ashley Madison. Everything else the Duggars have exposed on their own.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm sure there's only around 20 people who think JB and M are better than everybody. Even their Fundy followers don't believe that. They just have similar beliefs and see nothing wrong with the way they raise kids.

Well, we have the Rods. They adore the Duggar’s.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

. And that’s where the second problem comes in. Jessa, Jinger, and Joy all seem (and i’m emphasizing the “seem” because all we really know about this is what they put on Instagram) to have been able to overcome their upbringing and become somewhat decent parents. Jill hasn’t. I don’t know if that’s because she’s stupider or more depressed or has a less supportive partner or what. But for whatever reason, she just doesn’t get it. I honestly don’t think that she understands that a good parent wouldn’t let their two-year-old balance on a wheeled vehicle so he could stare at a hot electrical appliance. I think if Sam had fallen down and needed stitches and people were calling her out on how stupid it was of her to let him do that she would have been genuinely flummoxed. After all, in her experience mothers let their kids do that kind of thing all the time.

I think she actually is "stupider".  She has had ampler opportunity to have picked up a clue that the MOTY who raised her was not the perfect role model.  Of course we don't have a complete picture of the mothering of Jessa and Jinger, but I've not seen a hint of the crazy, risky shit that Jill pulls.

15 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I think there are a lot of problems with the “I did x as a child and I survived” argument, though. The main one is that while many of us did x and survived, some of us did x and died. Lots of kids I knew rode in the back of the station wagon without seatbelts and lived to tell about it. The little girl three doors down, however, went through the back windshield when her mom was rear-ended at high speed and was caught between the rear bumper of her car and the front bumper of the other car and killed. A little boy in my second grade was allowed to walk home alone across a busy intersection and got hit by a car and killed. One of my friends lost her husband in a bike accident because he wasn’t wearing a helmet. You get my drift.

In my mind, it’s not about coddling kids versus letting them have fun, fulfilling childhoods that allow them to become functional adults. It’s about degrees of risk. Sometimes risk is worth it.

Certainly kids need to not be over-protected and have the freedom to take some measured risks.  What Jill is oblivious to is not in any way beneficial to her kids.  It is just careless, thoughtless risk with no upside.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jessa and Jinger are just vainer and more image conscious. Jill is more awkward but more authentic.

Exactly.  RFP knows what crazy looks like and probably approves any picture that Jinger takes.  There's nothing about them that is spontaneous or unedited.  Jessa is as clueless as anyone else, only in a dirty house.  Jill just doesn't have a filter. 

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jessa and Jinger are just vainer and more image conscious. Jill is more awkward but more authentic.

I agree. The reason parents react when they see their kids in danger is a combination of a deep loving connection and responsibility. 

Jessa and Jinger aren't any more capable of a deep loving connection than Jill. Jessa has given up her game more than a few times on how she calculates maintaining her image and Jinger has Jeremy doing that for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

Exactly.  RFP knows what crazy looks like and probably approves any picture that Jinger takes.  There's nothing about them that is spontaneous or unedited.  Jessa is as clueless as anyone else, only in a dirty house.  Jill just doesn't have a filter. 

I still doubt that Jessa and Jinger are allowing and encouraging dangerous behavior.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Suzn said:

I still doubt that Jessa and Jinger are allowing and encouraging dangerous behavior.

They may or may not.  They may not make their kids brush their teeth, eat their veggies, or have outlet protectors.  Who knows if Jessa has her oldest watch the baby while she sleeps.  We don't really know what any of these people are doing.  Again, the entire family lacks any common sense.  I don't think any of them know what they are doing.  The question is, will they ever learn?

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Suzn said:

We've seen Jessa's boys walking around as toddlers, barefoot, on rusty farm equipment and in the back of a pick-up truck filled with crap. They also left 3 year old Spurge in the hands of teenage boys with power tools. And that's only what we've seen. Jessa only makes the same mistake, maybe twice, on SM.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

We've seen Jessa's boys walking around as toddlers on rusty farm equipment and in the back of a pick-up truck filled with crap. They also left 3 year old Spurge in the hands of teenage boys with power tools. And that's only what we've seen. Jessa only makes the same mistake, maybe twice, on SM.

Barefoot.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Madtown said:

She would video him getting stitches in the hospital and a thousand pictures of him laying in the hospital bed. Then she would make a video of herself telling us how exhausting and stressful it is to watch him.

While flipping American cheese on him like that stupid viral video thing a year or so ago. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I think there are a lot of problems with the “I did x as a child and I survived” argument, though. The main one is that while many of us did x and survived, some of us did x and died. Lots of kids I knew rode in the back of the station wagon without seatbelts and lived to tell about it. The little girl three doors down, however, went through the back windshield when her mom was rear-ended at high speed and was caught between the rear bumper of her car and the front bumper of the other car and killed. A little boy in my second grade was allowed to walk home alone across a busy intersection and got hit by a car and killed. One of my friends lost her husband in a bike accident because he wasn’t wearing a helmet. You get my drift.

In my mind, it’s not about coddling kids versus letting them have fun, fulfilling childhoods that allow them to become functional adults. It’s about degrees of risk. Sometimes risk is worth it. I let Mini Mistake do gymnastics (in a supervised class environment) even though I know there’s a small risk of injury because she gets a lot of enjoyment and healthy exercise out of her class. As a parent, i’ve decided the reward outweighs the risk in this instance. Is Sam really getting enough out of standing on a toy car to stare at the toaster to justify the very real risk it’s going to roll backwards and he’s going to be hurt? It’s hard to see how that could be the case. If he cares that much about the toaster, Jill should just get him a stool.

i didn’t say I thought Jill was a bad mom, just that I don’t think she’s a good one. I think there’s a big difference. She’s not abusive or absent. Her kids are fed and clothed and have a roof over their heads. She’s meeting their basic needs. She’s not a bad mom. But in order to be a good mom, I think she needs to recognize that her own feral upbringing isn’t optimal and try to be better. Understand that kids need structure and age-appropriate limits. Stop and think that maybe when your kid is in a dangerous situation, the correct action is *not* to take a picture of it and put it on Instagram with the caption “lolololboymom” or whatever. She has to *try.* She’s not there yet. Hopefully she eventually will be.

Agree. I dispute the “I did X and I lived” argument, for anything. Those who didn’t survive aren’t here to tell us. 

14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Did we know that Derick apparently videoed Michelle yelling at Jennifer? I've only seen two screenshots.

The screenshots could be interpreted in about 1000 ways, but it looked like it might have been posted live, maybe last April?

I don't think it's that big of a deal to be a parent yelling at a kid, but Derick freaking posting a video of his MIL on the sly, yelling at her kid is.

Wow. Really?  Would love to see video!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

JB and Michelle have been filming some of their kids since birth at ages when the children are too young to comprehend what being filmed means and whether they want to be on the show. I'm not sure I have sympathy for them being filmed without their knowledge.

Didn't Derick say they were pressured to keep filming when he and Jill wanted to quit?

Can we please stop pretending that JB and Michelle are loving parents and better people than anybody? By their own admission they blanket trained their kids. (Michelle described the process of sitting the kid on the blanket and "giving them a consequence" when they stepped off the blanket.) They denied their kids an education. They seem to try to cut their kids off from the real world as much as possible. This process goes on into adulthood. Most of their kids seem to have little livelihood outside of the Duggar bubble and JB and Michelle don't seem to care. They don't seem to change anything. 

They kept having kids long after the family became unmanageable, at least not without some outside help and the buddy system. I think as early as Jinger those kids started becoming numbers to them. Enough of the kids seem have issues with food and healthy eating that it seems likely there would food issues during the early years. 

Their whole parenting philosophy is based on control not love. They want these kids to be fundie and live under their thumbs for the rest of their lives. They're threatened by their kids making independent decisions. On television, Michelle and Jinger had teary conversation about whether or not a 24/25 year old woman could wear pants when it wasn't how she was raised!  That's not normal and it's not a conversation a mother and her adult daughter should be having. 

Derick's insistance on not being paid makes me think that there's something hinky going with the money. The kids deserve to be paid for their time on television. Being a house and an allowance for food/clothes is not the same thing. People keep saying Derick's an adult he should known better. Well maybe JB and the folks at TLC are adults and they should know better. Maybe if JB had set up individual trusts for the kids instead of using it to buy houses and property, this wouldn't have happened?

JB and Michelle chose to make their family life public; I can't get too worked up that their slick, goody image is starting to crumble. I have issues with things Derick believes, but I'm rooting for him to expose the truth. Unfortunately I think he will bungle this. Even if Derick messes it up, eventually someone else will start to complain. 

Yes, thank you! These are not good parents. These a horrible shitty abusive controlling parents who have zero care about their kids or the safety of their kids while cutting them off from most of the world, any real education and forcing their daughters to do everything including raising their own siblings.  We know they used to hit their kids because that was mention by one of the kids when they talked to the cops when they investigated the molestation. They also did nothing about Josh molesting their daughters until Joy was molested.  Any other part I'd give the benefit of the doubt. Not these two. 

• Love 21
55 minutes ago, Suzn said:

After Jessa did a makeover in her house she didn’t even attach the full size mirror to the wall. She leaned it against the wall. Jessa is allowing dangerous behavior too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, hathorlive said:

They may or may not.  They may not make their kids brush their teeth, eat their veggies, or have outlet protectors.  Who knows if Jessa has her oldest watch the baby while she sleeps.  We don't really know what any of these people are doing.  Again, the entire family lacks any common sense.  I don't think any of them know what they are doing.  The question is, will they ever learn?

We do know that Felicity gets her teeth brushed, she eats veggies and the Vuolo’s use outlet protectors, because they put it all on IG. 🙄

• LOL 9
14 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

We do know that Felicity gets her teeth brushed, she eats veggies and the Vuolo’s use outlet protectors, because they put it all on IG. 🙄

May I respectfully state that we know Felicity brushed her teeth once. (The others I haven't seen)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

2123F14D-D788-423D-A3BB-8B94BACBAB0F.jpeg

Sautéed Carrots and Onions

Apr 29, 2018 | Recipes | 2 

Growing up, I remember my mom always serving this dish with baked potatoes on our violin lesson day. Then, after Derick and I were married and we were living in Central America where it was easier to eat most of our veggies cooked (for sanitary reasons), this became a favorite! And who doesn’t want the aroma of sautéed onions filling their house anyway?! 😉

3-4 T. Olive Oil

Soy Sauce (or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos)

2-3 med. Onions (peeled and cut into large slices)

2 lbs. Carrots (about 10 carrots; peeled and cut into thick slices, or 2 small bags baby carrots)

In a giant skillet or pot, heat olive oil and enough soy sauce to generously cover the bottom of the pot. Dump in onions and carrots and stir. Cook over med/low heat till soft, but not mushy (about 30 min). Add more soy sauce if needed. Enjoy!

Note: This dish is delicious served over rice too!

Disclaimer: Recipes on this site are a collection of our favorites. Some are our own recipes and others may have not originated on our site and/or have been adapted from other sites.

F95975D5-9913-437F-A9D0-E6D0E2B298C8.jpeg

817B78CF-CB8C-407C-9785-D541CEB71219.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Oh good lord, the sodium count for soy sauce is over 900mg per Tablespoon.  How much would generously cover the bottom of a huge pot?  That's a perfect recipe to get their blood pressure skyrocketing.  And toddlers like cooked onions?  Mine never did.  Idiot. 

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Oh good lord, the sodium count for soy sauce is over 900mg per Tablespoon.  How much would generously cover the bottom of a huge pot?  That's a perfect recipe to get their blood pressure skyrocketing.  And toddlers like cooked onions?  Mine never did.  Idiot. 

Sam is NOT on board...

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Looks like this post is from 2018. Probably when she was doing more food posts anyway. I wonder if this was before or after Jill was shunned by JB?

She posted today in her stories with this recipe linked (Swipe up!!!) from 2018. No “new” recipes from Jill for a long time.

• Useful 5
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Looks like this post is from 2018. Probably when she was doing more food posts anyway. I wonder if this was before or after Jill was shunned by JB?

I was going to say that looked like an older pic of Sam.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Along with hashtags for Crest, Birdseye, and Dupont outlet protectors #OFbooks#SoHoly#Openforinfluencing#teamJesus

• LOL 14
11 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Why is she cooking 2-3 onions and 2 lbs of carrots for FOUR PEOPLE!

I'm really hoping there is a protein on the side with that.  Jill, your "mom" (or sister mom) cooked this with potatoes because you were poor and she was trying to fill you up without meat, which is expensive. It's a nice side for dinner but it's not a meal.

I do give Jill points for using fresh not canned carrots and onions.  That's a step in the right direction.  I'm allergic to Soy, so it's a no for me.  But at least the ingredients are fresher than cream of crap.

She really needs to admit she can't cook for four people and needs ideas/suggestions.  She'd get credit for admitting her mother didn't teach her how to be a helpmeet and for trying to learn.

Edited by hathorlive
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Namaste said:

Yeah, maybe she’s meal prepping?

Y'all know I am not at all enamored with these people.  She says Braggs Amino something or other can substitute for the soy.  Mr. lookeyloo and I can go through a pound of carrots with our meal of meat and either starch or another veggie.  It is possible the kids like carrots.  One of mine did.  So two pounds for them doesn't sound all that crazy to me.  Also, if I make chicken soup I use two pounds because we inhale them, all mushy and tasting like soup.  Eww that sounds awful but we love it.  

• Love 22
On 1/23/2020 at 7:49 PM, SMama said:

Those may be available but Jilly Muffin has more college credits than the rest of us. One must want to offer a solid education and we know how Jill grew up.

Do you know, I’ve been thinking about this (more than I should, which is ‘any’), and it just occurred to me: does Derick mean ‘College Minus’?!?

i thought I vaguely remembered someone saying that Jill was filmed at some point pre-Nepal cramming College Plus workbooks like mad; plus Derick’s no education major.  Maybe he thinks that Jill doing 48 College Minus multiple choice workbooks in 6 weeks, IS the same as attending 240 credit hours or similar??  I know it sounds funny to contemplate, but he’d only know whatever nonsense the Duggars parroted about College Plus.  He wouldn’t know it’s make-work nonsense.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 6