Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Completely random thoughts--

Aside from the hair, Jill could pass for a normal 20-something woman in the first pic. 
I feel like Dreck's teeth are doing the cha-cha slide~to the left, to the right...
That organization's Twitter handle is awful.  All I can see is 'get tit at sams'.  
I made Mr. Six promise me to never buy brown dress shoes.  Black suit?  Black shoes.
Jill's hashtags in her pupusas post make no sense.  They are clickable and will show the top posts.  She has the only post for the first one, the second has 10 (including hers), the third has millions, and the fourth only shows hers.  As long as you put the # first, you can turn anything into a hashtag.  They're just supposed to make sense.  Ah-ha.  That's the whole problem.

ETA--the Fanta label shows it's made in Mexico, so it has real sugar in it as opposed to the HFCS that's added to soda in the US.  If you can get your hands on it, it's actually quite good and tastes a great deal different.  The Pepsi, in particular, is great.

Edited by sixlets
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And she shows Fanta soda? Fanta is sold every where in my neck of the woods.

Yeah, it's sold every where around here too, but yet I still see people acting like it's an exotic treat all the time. Honestly, I think half the problem is it was looked at as a "generic"  brand that was mostly overlooked for years until it almost became trendy and people noticed it on the shelves. The Mexican real sugar version is harder to find, but it's still pretty common too. I swear they sell it at Dollar General, so it's not exactly a rarity. Although, the county I live in has a pretty sizable migrant work force during the summer, so that could factor in. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, emma675 said:

How has it been this long and Dreck's jaw is still such a mess? It's like his mouth is to the far right of the rest of his face. I can't explain it. 

i started wondering if it is more to do with his nose being crooked?

Call me a wimp, but I cannot stare at Derelict Dullard's face long enough to make any appraisals with regards to its asymmetry. I did, however, notice he still has braces. He had his surgery when Izzy was just two weeks old. Three and a half years ago now...

• Love 12
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And she shows Fanta soda? Fanta is sold every where in my neck of the woods.

It is really popular and probably the most common brand you'll see in El Salvador which is probably why that particular restaurant has it. And, as noted above, it's got real sugar in it down there and tastes much better than the stuff sold in the US, IMO.  Those pupusas look delicious.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

It is really popular and probably the most common brand you'll see in El Salvador which is probably why that particular restaurant has it. And, as noted above, it's got real sugar in it down there and tastes much better than the stuff sold in the US, IMO.  Those pupusas look delicious.

When I was in Peru I fell in love with a soda called Inca Cola. It’s like liquid heaven. I was so excited when I discovered our local South American grocery sells it that I bought about 12 bottles. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

When I was in Peru I fell in love with a soda called Inca Cola. It’s like liquid heaven. I was so excited when I discovered our local South American grocery sells it that I bought about 12 bottles. 

Inca Cola! No better beverage to wash down cuy!  I don’t love Inca Cola, but I don’t mind it, either.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Oh the stripper heels have to go. That's all I can see, other than the fact she wore a dress the same color as the jeep.

Now it's a nicely fitting dress and she looks great from the ankles up.

The first thought I had was "Where do I buy those shoes?" I love the outfit.  Very inline with what women her age are wearing.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Do you think Derick is under the care of an oral surgeon or orthodontist? 

I think his teeth look even more off center. It seems like there should be some improvement in three years.

I don't think the problem is his teeth -- the entire lower half of his face is out of alignment with the upper half.

He's not a great looking guy, but I don't really think it would be that noticeable if he was a colleague or friend. The problem is that we see still photos of his face all the time.

• Love 3

I wonder what the end game is. Does he get the braces off when those top teeth are where they should be? Are the braces there to stabilize his teeth? I wonder if the top and bottom teeth line up so he can chew. Or if he is grinding down his teeth in weird ways because they don’t line up. 

So. Many. Questions! It is so perplexing!

I was suspicious about this picture at first...looked like a repeat. I knew we had seen Jill in that outfit, and she looked too...normal or something. I found the old picture, and that was pre-surgery for Derick, so this one is definitely current! Jill looks suspiciously good here, but maybe it's because there's no surprise face. 

IMG_6398.PNG

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Trillium said:

Wanna bet this is the prep post for “Jesus leading their hearts” in a new direction come December when DeRick’s no longer law schooling. 

So...is that the same as “God laying it on their hearts”? Or if Jesus is leading their hearts to Little Rock and God is laying it on their hearts to return to Danger America, do they flip a coin?

Either way, I call Derrick’s out of law school by Christmas.

• Love 5

Morning all, before i hop out of bed to get ready, i just looked up what hgfs might be and compared fanta ingredients.

theres no actual orange juice in your fanta?!? Just aroma? Do you not use sugar in drinks?

i actually love the olive green dress??, i would buy it.

the other photos are horrible and for people who luuuurve spanish culture, they sure couldnt wait to hotfoot it home every two weeks.

and i cannot bear to look at dreck photos either..

12 hours ago, Lukeysboat said:

Poor, uneducated Jill. 

People in Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador are not Spanish unless they’ve traveled there from SPAIN. 

I wonder if she has figured that out yet. 

When I was in high school, one of my friends went to Spain as an exchange student. When she came back one of our other friends said, "I bet you met hella cute Mexicans in Spain!" I guess she and Jill are kindred spirits.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Morning all, before i hop out of bed to get ready, i just looked up what hgfs might be and compared fanta ingredients.

theres no actual orange juice in your fanta?!? Just aroma? Do you not use sugar in drinks?

i actually love the olive green dress??, i would buy it.

the other photos are horrible and for people who luuuurve spanish culture, they sure couldnt wait to hotfoot it home every two weeks.

and i cannot bear to look at dreck photos either..

Fanta is not one of the high end soft drinks, so they use artificial flavoring.  In the US, the most popular orange flavor carbonated beverages do indeed contain actual oranges, but they cost more.  In El Salvador, the vast majority couldn't afford to ever buy pop if it wasn't cheap.  In the US, drinks that contain sweeteners tend to contain high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) rather than cane sugar.  Once again, cheaper.

• Love 3

Does Jill know about libraries? You can find numerous cookbooks there to check out. Then if she tries and likes a recipe she can copy it onto a file card. I have a friend with a 3 ring binder. She finds recipes online and prints them out for her notebook. She also has clear pages that she can insert ones that she has cut out of magazines. I love it when I visit her. If I like something she’ll just go over to her printer and make me a copy. I really need to get organized and start doing this. 

Jill should begin with crockpot recipes. You know, actual unprocessed food that’s cooked downwith some real spices. A little herb garden would be a great project for her and the boys. She can even give extras (dried) in small containers as gifts. Wait. Jill wouldn’t put that much work into anything. What am I, #delusional? 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 16
15 hours ago, Absolom said:

Is Derick so bad he'd get a 1.49 or lower the first semester?  It's possible I guess.  People have to do it or they wouldn't have the rule.

No. I’m not sure why so many people think he’s going to flunk out. Jill’s as dumb as a sack of hammers but Derick graduated from college with a decent GPA. He’s an idiot in a lot of ways but he’s not book stupid. He’s at a third-tier law school, not Harvard. He can make Cs with a minimum of effort. It wouldn’t surprise me if he leaves because he can’t stick to anything longer than a year, or because Jill makes it too hard for him to continue, but I don’t see him getting kicked out for poor grades. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Does Jill know about libraries? You can find numerous cookbooks there to check out. Then if she tries and likes a recipe she can copy it onto a file card. I have a friend with a 3 ring binder. She finds recipes online and prints them out for her notebook. She also has clear pages that she can insert ones that she has cut out of magazines. I love it when I visit her. If I like something she’ll just go over to her printer and make me a copy. I really need to get organized and start doing this. 

Jill should begin with crockpot recipes. You know, actual unprocessed food that’s cooked downwith some real spices. A little herb garden would be a great project for her and the boys. She can even give extras (dried) in small containers as gifts. Wait. Jill wouldn’t put that much work into anything. What am I, #delusional? 

For the sake of the local library workers,  I hope Jill never discovers the public library.  Jill would probably raise up a storm if she finds books available for check out that don't fit her narrow world view.  She would find her cookbooks and then notice that the library has picture books like Jazz Jennings and And Tango Makes Three.

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

No. I’m not sure why so many people think he’s going to flunk out. Jill’s as dumb as a sack of hammers but Derick graduated from college with a decent GPA. He’s an idiot in a lot of ways but he’s not book stupid. He’s at a third-tier law school, not Harvard. He can make Cs with a minimum of effort. It wouldn’t surprise me if he leaves because he can’t stick to anything longer than a year, or because Jill makes it too hard for him to continue, but I don’t see him getting kicked out for poor grades. 

I think it's not so much that he would get poor grades from not studying as he would disagree and try to argue against various laws and precedents that don't fit his Biblical beliefs.  Derick doesn't do well with information that conflicts with his fundie worldview.  Back in undergrad, as an accounting major, I doubt it was a consideration.  But, in law school, he's going to have to learn about the US Constitution and secular laws and I can see him having a hard time backing down from his beliefs in order to explain why gay marriage was legalized or why the Supreme Court upheld the right to privacy regarding abortion.  I could see him quitting because he didn't like being bombarded with information that conflicts with his narrow minded belief system.

And, of course, because Jill is unable to cope with him being away from home and fraternizing with those hussies down at Law School.

• Love 17
22 hours ago, sixlets said:

Completely random thoughts--

Aside from the hair, Jill could pass for a normal 20-something woman in the first pic. 
I feel like Dreck's teeth are doing the cha-cha slide~to the left, to the right...
That organization's Twitter handle is awful.  All I can see is 'get tit at sams'.  
I made Mr. Six promise me to never buy brown dress shoes.  Black suit?  Black shoes.
Jill's hashtags in her pupusas post make no sense.  They are clickable and will show the top posts.  She has the only post for the first one, the second has 10 (including hers), the third has millions, and the fourth only shows hers.  As long as you put the # first, you can turn anything into a hashtag.  They're just supposed to make sense.  Ah-ha.  That's the whole problem.

ETA--the Fanta label shows it's made in Mexico, so it has real sugar in it as opposed to the HFCS that's added to soda in the US.  If you can get your hands on it, it's actually quite good and tastes a great deal different.  The Pepsi, in particular, is great.

When I used to stay with relatives on vacation in the Dominican Republic, I loved drinking their pepsi (they didn't have too much coke) or other soft drinks. They tasted so good compared to ours. 

• Love 4

There’s new pictures and videos on their blog. I’m leaving this one here, while I pick some to post......

October 2018 Pictures and Videos

Nov 12, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos | 0 

Here are some pictures and videos from the month of October that we haven’t shared in previous web posts yet. This fall the trees have been absolutely beautiful in our area and the weather has been lovely! This month we got to take a trip to the pumpkin patch with “Mima” (Derick’s mom) and had a blast! You’ll see lots of pics and videos from there in this post. We also got to celebrate my sister Joy’s birthday with her at a surprise birthday party hosted by a friend!

Jill’s caption:

S’mores and watching one of Derick’s classes online

C0B37AF4-4B98-4A5A-946F-162AE34DACF5.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 7
On 11/11/2018 at 12:49 PM, Temperance said:

I think Jill looks great! And I'm impressed by those tall shoes! 

There was a time I could walk in shoes like that..... not so much anymore. I do think she looks nice its a pretty classic dress but shorter hair would have looked more polished. 

• Love 2

Jill would have a coronary at my library.

We had a storytime with a drag queen. 

In my hand today, I had a kids picture book that tells the story of a three-legged cat. At the end, the author explains the real story of this cat, and his owners are her brother and his husband. Derick the asshole would be disgusted that such filth exists. 

• Love 18

First watching your husband's college class?? Like WTF!?! Jill, you're a stay at home parent. Do your job.

Anyone else besides me and Mima Cathy think poor Sammy was going to need stitches on his face by the end or the wooden-horse/hayride?

The video of Derick and Sammy vacuuming was cute. At 2 minutes and 23 seconds it was about 2 minutes too long.

• Love 20
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

First watching your husband's college class?? Like WTF!?! Jill, you're a stay at home parent. Do your job.

Anyone else besides me and Mima Cathy think poor Sammy was going to need stitches on his face by the end or the wooden-horse/hayride?

The video of Derick and Sammy vacuuming was cute. At 2 minutes and 23 seconds it was about 2 minutes too long.

Right?! Why the hell would they watch that? Only thing I can see is if Izzy kept asking where daddy was, so she pulled it up for a brief minute and explained quickly that daddy was in this class. 

She has the lifestyle I wish I had (SAHM, not married to Derick haha!) and I hate seeing her squander it! She should be doing enriching activities with her kids, and using her time to make more nutritious meals. So many people would love to be in her shoes!

• Love 18
1 hour ago, toodles said:

So if they don't carve pumpkins or celebrate Halloween, what's the point of going to a pumpkin patch?

Well, the fundies can still celebrate fall. Christian schools and churches have fall festivals. Pumpkin patches can be about the pumpkins, a hayride for the kids, games for the kids, other produce like apples, cornfield mazes, the changing of the leaves, etc. I went to a Christian school in the 70s and eighties, and we had fall festivals. I still trick or treated with my cousin. Living in the conservative South and having a fundie aunt(who wouldn't let her children celebrate Halloween), I observe how religious people try to differentiate between fall and Halloween.

Edited by babyhouseman
spelling
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Right?! Why the hell would they watch that? Only thing I can see is if Izzy kept asking where daddy was, so she pulled it up for a brief minute and explained quickly that daddy was in this class. 

She has the lifestyle I wish I had (SAHM, not married to Derick haha!) and I hate seeing her squander it! She should be doing enriching activities with her kids, and using her time to make more nutritious meals. So many people would love to be in her shoes!

• Love 1