Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yup, those were the pics I remember seeing a couple of years ago. I didn't realize it was so close to Joshley Madison, but it also shows that they continued to work on the place after Joshgate I which was, of course, no big deal. 

That bought that foreclosure house as an investment about five months before they left D.C.  They probably never imagined that they would have to live there.

The Ashley Madison scandal was published by Gawker on August 19, 2015, about a week after Anna's family helped with the remodeling.  Anna's brother Daniel, who had helped with the carpentry, was livid that he had been used by Josh at the same time Josh was committing adultery and posting on dating websites.

Daniel posted that he had been "sick to my stomach for last few days," when the news was published.

"I have told her I would pay for her to move out here w me and pay for her kidz. I don't think josh will see that this is a big deal and be truly broken till that happens," he wrote. "I told her I would go get her and her children stay w me. She said she's staying where she's at. But I won't stop trying to get that pig out of our family."

• Love 4
(edited)

Daniel had a big set. I remember that FB post going viral; it was c/p'ed everywhere. I think even the tabloids reposted it. I did not realize that Daniel was in AR. I know that Nathan and David were; I recall pictures with them. I'm not going back to look at the blog, but the Kellers always send those boys out to Gothard-related stuff like this as a unit.  

But yeah, they had to rush to finish that place after Smuggar was forced out of DC. I don't think they had the pool house yet (Jill and Derelict had just left for Danger America in July, IIRC, and the Stoney Brook place wasn't sold for a while after that). They must have been in the guesthouse until Anna was forced into the girls' room after Joshley was sent off to Jesus Jail. 

Anna's "choice" to stay put was all about comfort. There wouldn't be such a level of comfort moving in with Daniel, and any income stream she might have had would have dried up, unless she chose to write the tell-all. A cheating spouse is always hell on the spouse who was cheated on, but Anna "chose" not to change and hope that her husband would. That kind of ignorance can be blamed on her upbringing and continued involvement in the cult to believe that Smuggar would actually change. 

We can all agree that Jesus Jail is not going to cure a thing. Smuggar needs real therapy to truly confront his demons, not bible verses and whatever busy work they assigned to him at Jesus Jail. 

It must be nice to live so "well" (materially). Anna must think that this is her reward for staying. Joshley? Who knows what he thinks, running another used car lot, likely with the twin brothers who previously sold cars on the side of the highway. He certainly can't be making enough money selling junkers to be getting by with a wife and almost five kids to support. He's got to be also working for Boob in some capacity on the "sly" to pay for necessisties like food, a midwife, and insurance. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Anna's "choice" to stay put was all about comfort. There wouldn't be such a level of comfort moving in with Daniel, and any income stream she might have had would have dried up, unless she chose to write the tell-all. A cheating spouse is always hell on the spouse who was cheated on, but Anna "chose" not to change and hope that her husband would. That kind of ignorance can be blamed on her upbringing and continued involvement in the cult to believe that Smuggar would actually change. 

Anna would have been entitled to 28% of Josh's income for child support.  When she gives birth to kid #5, she is entitled to 30% of Josh's income.  She would also receive 1/2 of the assets in a divorce.  The fact that Josh went to Bible camp for six months would not have mattered.  Because Josh was capable of working and just chose not to, the court would impute child support and he would have to come up with the money.  This is according to Arkansas law, and this is the minimum amount of child support.  Based on Josh's income of about $100,000 at FRC, Anna was due at least $28,000 per year.  

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/arkansas-law/arkansas-child-support-guidelines.html

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Daniel had a big set. I remember that FB post going viral; it was c/p'ed everywhere. I think even the tabloids reposted it. I did not realize that Daniel was in AR. I know that Nathan and David were; I recall pictures with them. I'm not going back to look at the blog, but the Kellers always send those boys out to Gothard-related stuff like this as a unit.  

But yeah, they had to rush to finish that place after Smuggar was forced out of DC. I don't think they had the pool house yet (Jill and Derelict had just left for Danger America in July, IIRC, and the Stoney Brook place wasn't sold for a while after that). They must have been in the guesthouse until Anna was forced into the girls' room after Joshley was sent off to Jesus Jail. 

We can all agree that Jesus Jail is not going to cure a thing. Smuggar needs real therapy to truly confront his demons, not bible verses and whatever busy work they assigned to him at Jesus Jail. 

It must be nice to live so "well" (materially). Anna must think that this is her reward for staying. Joshley? Who knows what he thinks, running another used car lot, likely with the twin brothers who previously sold cars on the side of the highway. He certainly can't be making enough money selling junkers to be getting by with a wife and almost five kids to support. He's got to be also working for Boob in some capacity on the "sly" to pay for necessisties like food, a midwife, and insurance. 

I think it's also possible that Anna didn't want to be a burden on her brother.  Maybe she thought it's not his responsibility to care for her and her children, yet the Duggars definitely are.  The Duggar parents should always be held responsible.

12 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Anna would have been entitled to 28% of Josh's income for child support.  When she gives birth to kid #5, she is entitled to 30% of Josh's income.  She would also receive 1/2 of the assets in a divorce.  The fact that Josh went to Bible camp for six months would not have mattered.  Because Josh was capable of working and just chose not to, the court would impute child support and he would have to come up with the money.  This is according to Arkansas law, and this is the minimum amount of child support.  Based on Josh's income of about $100,000 at FRC, Anna was due at least $28,000 per year.  

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/arkansas-law/arkansas-child-support-guidelines.html

I would think Jim Bob is able to hide all of Josh's assets and income.  I don't think 28% of the old beaters Josh sells - which are probably his only legal assets - would add up to enough to house and feed her children. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I would think Jim Bob is able to hide all of Josh's assets and income.  I don't think 28% of the old beaters Josh sells - which are probably his only legal assets - would add up to enough to house and feed her children. 

Josh was on television for about 10 years.  He is bound to have some $$$ stashed away some place.  It doesn't matter though, because Anna is going to stay with him and keep her vows to Jesus no matter what.  Even if Josh wanted to divorce her, she wouldn't go away.

• Love 1
On 5/29/2017 at 3:26 PM, Annb67 said:

It's some thing WE would like to forget???!!!! What the ever loving hell??? Yeah, so would his victim you shits! So Jill is crying on TV and forgiving over something she didn't know had happened? What the hell? Oh and parents of the year.....just because it was over the clothes doesn't mean it isn't molestation you fucking idiots!!!

It wasn't all "over the clothes", either.  And as for the girls who were asleep, who knows what really happened to them?  I certainly don't believe what Josh supposedly told his parents about that.

• Love 5

Well, as Jessa and Jill were coached to say in the Megyn Kelly interview, it was "mild, inappropriate touching" that they didn't realize happened. Smuggar could have told them any sort of lie, but because it came in the form of contrition, Boob and Mechelle believed it. Did they question Josh further about exactly what he did? Did Smuggar lie? Did one girl have her eyes open from her bunk and see the acts happen? Did Boobchelle ever question Jinger or Jana about what they might have seen without saying why they were asking? ie. "Did anything strange happen last night?" kind of thing. 

It's obvious taht they never taught the girls about "good touch/bad touch." Poor Jinger. And especially, poor Joy. If the older two really don't remember, yes, they're still victims, but their main task was learning how to deal with the perp so it wouldn't happen again. We saw that these young womens' real upset was with the release of the police report. However, if I was Jinger or Joy, it would be a different story entirely. Now that I think about it, they never sent Jinger or Joy to DC that I can remember, but they did send Jessa and Ben. Even if Jessa had supposedly forgiven her brother, the interactions were pretty chilly between the two couples. I can't remember Jill or Derelict ever interacting with Smuggar, so I can't comment on that. I doubt that Jinger or Joy have much, if any, relationship with him. For that matter, I doubt Jana, the protector, speaks to him much at all either.

I really also wonder how JD and Joe get on with him these days after what we saw on Counting On. The boys from Josiah on down are seemingly unaffected by this. The twins are selling used cars with him, but would they rather be working with JD and Joe. Josiah was only about 14 months older than Joy, which would have made him 6. Yeah, he got it. The later boys probably don't remember what happened; they were all younger than Joy. I doubt they really understood what was going on, and I doubt that they were told what happened, but had a bunch of rules heaped on them to make sure this didn't happen again, especially after the Lost Girls were born. 

• Love 3

In Touch is reporting that the resurfacing of Brother Bad Touch in recent family pics is a deliberate move to return him to the spotlight.  He's apparently already filmed a Counting On webisode to try to normalize his return to the show itself.  Sites that report on religious happenings are already having a field day. 

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/josh-duggar-tv-131963/photos/joy-anna-duggar-austin-forsyth-247251

7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, as Jessa and Jill were coached to say in the Megyn Kelly interview, it was "mild, inappropriate touching" that they didn't realize happened. Smuggar could have told them any sort of lie, but because it came in the form of contrition, Boob and Mechelle believed it. Did they question Josh further about exactly what he did? Did Smuggar lie? Did one girl have her eyes open from her bunk and see the acts happen? Did Boobchelle ever question Jinger or Jana about what they might have seen without saying why they were asking? ie. "Did anything strange happen last night?" kind of thing. 

It's obvious taht they never taught the girls about "good touch/bad touch." Did Smuggar lie? Did one girl have her eyes open from her bunk and see the acts happen? Did Boobchelle ever question Jinger or Jana about what they mig Poor Jinger. And especially, poor Joy. If the older two really don't remember, yes, they're still victims, but their main task was learning how to deal with the perp so it wouldn't happen again. We saw that these young womens' real upset was with the release of the police report. However, if I was Jinger or Joy, it would be a different story entirely. Now that I think about it, they never sent Jinger or Joy to DC that I can remember, but they did send Jessa and Ben. Even if Jessa had supposedly forgiven her brother, the interactions were pretty chilly between the two couples. I can't remember Jill or Derelict ever interacting with Smuggar, so I can't comment on that. I doubt that Jinger or Joy have much, if any, relationship with him. For that matter, I doubt Jana, the protector, speaks to him much at all either.

I really also wonder how JD and Joe get on with him these days after what we saw on Counting On. The boys from Josiah on down are seemingly unaffected by this. The twins are selling used cars with him, but would they rather be working with JD and Joe. Josiah was only about 14 months older than Joy, which would have made him 6. Yeah, he got it. The later boys probably don't remember what happened; they were all younger than Joy. I doubt they really understood what was going on, and I doubt that they were told what happened, but had a bunch of rules heaped on them to make sure this didn't happen again, especially after the Lost Girls were born. 

This I just don't believe. As fanatical as they are about "purity," JB/M would have made sure that all kids knew what parts of their bodies weren't to be touched by anyone. 

I think Jana was the one who most went to DC. How much she interacted with Josh specifically is anyone's guess, but she spent a lot of time in his home. 

31 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

In Touch is reporting that the resurfacing of Brother Bad Touch in recent family pics is a deliberate move to return him to the spotlight.  He's apparently already filmed a Counting On webisode to try to normalize his return to the show itself.  Sites that report on religious happenings are already having a field day. 

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/josh-duggar-tv-131963/photos/joy-anna-duggar-austin-forsyth-247251

The only thing that surprises me is that it didn't happen sooner. 

19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It was her choice, but it wasn't all about materialistic comfort/maintaining her financial lifestyle. It was also about the fear of displeasing God and going to hell for breaking her vows and destroying her covenant with God and her husband. Plus, I think she was confused and still loves Josh, but mostly, she's terrified of sinning by not forgiving her headship, defying authority, breaking vows, breaking up her family and spiritually endangering her children, etc. She's been brainwashed. Her thinking has been wired to think that defying her religious authority, no matter how miserable she is or how much her family is in harm, is worse than her feelings being hurt. By leaving, even if someone handed her $1 million cash to start over, she's damning herself and endangering her childrens' souls. She's also isolating herself from most of her family, and not being accepted by her culture. 

It's sad, it's hopeless, but it's going to take a whole lot more than cash and comfort for Anna to leave. I don't think she ever will. He might finally break and leave, but she won't.

• Love 12

I agree Anna won't go anywhere.  She also is lead to believe IMO that she is the cause of all of Josh's bad/nasty behaviour not joyfully available enough I assume. The brainwashing is deeply ingrained.  She and others have no real connections to anyone outside of that way of thinking to know any better.  The outside world to them is the devil.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Don't forget that our very own @FakeJoshDuggar met her and basically said she was a bitch. This was before the fat DC years, but she still apparently lived up to her nickname. Maybe God thought she needed to be humbled. I think God went a bit too far; she barely held it together during Joshgate I, but totally fell apart after Joshley Madison. I'd have more sympathy for her if she had been kinder to strangers in the campaign trail. Jessa was probably nicer for crying out loud. Then again, that girl was out on the campaign trail herself just days before her own wedding.....which may explain it's slipshod nature, except the dress, of course.

Edited by Sew Sumi
26 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

It was her choice, but it wasn't all about materialistic comfort/maintaining her financial lifestyle. It was also about the fear of displeasing God and going to hell for breaking her vows and destroying her covenant with God and her husband. Plus, I think she was confused and still loves Josh, but mostly, she's terrified of sinning by not forgiving her headship, defying authority, breaking vows, breaking up her family and spiritually endangering her children, etc. She's been brainwashed. Her thinking has been wired to think that defying her religious authority, no matter how miserable she is or how much her family is in harm, is worse than her feelings being hurt. By leaving, even if someone handed her $1 million cash to start over, she's damning herself and endangering her childrens' souls. She's also isolating herself from most of her family, and not being accepted by her culture. 

It's sad, it's hopeless, but it's going to take a whole lot more than cash and comfort for Anna to leave. I don't think she ever will. He might finally break and leave, but she won't.

She certainly isn't the first person and won't be the last to stay with a partner who cheats, even one who cheats repeatedly and publicly. Hell, my sister's ex cheated at least 11 times she knew of, once finding an earring in their bed, showed up with 100's of dollars worth of clothes another woman bought him, and another time he claimed he had given his brother 1, just 1, of the condoms still in their bathroom after he had a vasectomy, but not the whole box. I lost track of how many times he would leave for a week after she confronted him yet again before she finally refused to let him come back. Three kids, no money, and cashier as the only job experience will do a lot to make a person stay. Anna's 4 kids, crippling religious guilt/fear, even less work experience, but slightly better financial out look does the same thing. While I seriously doubt Josh truly repented at Jesus Jail other than hollowing saying what they wanted to hear, but maybe he did truly repent to Anna. I do 100% agree though she will never leave, it would have to be him, and I don't see that happening either. I didn't follow the cheating story too closely at the beginning, how soon after it came out did they ship him off to Jesus Jail? Did either of them even have a chance to process it before he was gone? Really, truly process it? Obviously he knew what he was doing, but being caught wasn't the same as knowing. And we know she said she had no idea. Did she get a chance to confront him about any inklings she might have had, feelings she was having, fears? About the undoubtedly millions of things going thru her head? I feel like Jesus Jail did neither of them any favors. I will say, Josh does seem to really love his kids and want to be a father, maybe not so many so fast, so it's possible he and Anna are privately working on things and will stay together. Would I stay or most of us? Obviously not, but like I said, she's not the first and won't be the last to do so.

• Love 7

Just to quickly answer one question: Smuggar was sent off to Jesus Jail in less than a week after the news broke. I was in the imaging office waiting for my mammogram call when I read about Joshley Madison. It was a Thursday or Friday. He was attending RU meetings behind the scenes the next Friday. 

Sadly, they sold the plane that recorded Smuggar's midnight dumpage at Rockford. JD was on the ground for maybe 15 minutes. RU obviously had a car to o pick up their celeb client.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sadly, they sold the plane that recorded Smuggar's midnight dumpage at Rockford. JD was on the ground for maybe 15 minutes. RU obviously had a car to o pick up their celeb client.

I wonder what the conversation was on that flight.

• Love 1
(edited)

Don't forget that our very own @FakeJoshDuggar met her and basically said she was a bitch.

I think she also said Josh was a charmer, and would've picked her up, if Anna wasn't there. Yeah, that marriage is gonna last....

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Just to quickly answer one question: Smuggar was sent off to Jesus Jail in less than a week after the news broke. I was in the imaging office waiting for my mammogram call when I read about Joshley Madison. It was a Thursday or Friday. He was attending RU meetings behind the scenes the next Friday. 

On August 19, 2015, Gawker reported that Josh Duggar was registered on the adultery dating site Ashley Madison.

On August 24, Josh and Anna transferred the deed of their home into a trust.  That evening, Josh flew to Reformers Unanimous in Rockford, Illinois, landing just after midnight on August 25.  I think he left more to get away from the press and from Anna than to go study the Bible. 

http://i.imgur.com/HdZHSynh.png

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Mollie said:

On August 19, 2015, Gawker reported that Josh Duggar was registered on the adultery dating site Ashley Madison.

On August 24, Josh and Anna transferred the deed of their home into a trust.  That evening, Josh flew to Reformers Unanimous in Rockford, Illinois, landing just after midnight on August 25.  I think he left more to get away from the press and from Anna than to go study the Bible. 

http://i.imgur.com/HdZHSynh.png

Thanks. Now I know when to schedule my next mammogram.?

• Love 5

We don't even know if Josh ever had sex with anyone other than Anna. Even the dancer who was suing him. Looking at a clavicle is cheating in their book. So is looking at porn and masturbating. I read some article that the AM site had a low ratio of women compared to men and a low hook-up rate. Not sure how accurate the article was. I wouldn't be surprised if Josh never even emailed/texted with anyone, never mind hooking up.

If Anna had any suspicions, I'm guessing she might have thought he was accessing porn, I doubt she thought he was cheating.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Don't forget that our very own @FakeJoshDuggar met her and basically said she was a bitch. This was before the fat DC years, but she still apparently lived up to her nickname. Maybe God thought she needed to be humbled. I think God went a bit too far; she barely held it together during Joshgate I, but totally fell apart after Joshley Madison. I'd have more sympathy for her if she had been kinder to strangers in the campaign trail. Jessa was probably nicer for crying out loud. Then again, that girl was out on the campaign trail herself just days before her own wedding.....which may explain it's slipshod nature, except the dress, of course.

THIS. I have NO sympathy for Anna for just this reason. Her smugness over landing her princely JoshUa Duggar sickened me. Her appearances on the show always left me thinking what a condescending bitch - married for a few months and giving couples advice (how did that work out for you, Goody Smuggar?), "teaching" us heathens how to make rice for baby food, etc... She said repeatedly that she knew all about Josh's past prior to marrying him even going so far as to say the released police report held no surprises.

I know Anna was brought up to believe all she yaps about, but for God's sake she is nearly 30 years old and a soon to be mother of 5 kids married to an unemployable pig who is a liar and a cheater, not to mention a molester.  There is no way to spin her life story to make it sound like anything but the mess that it is.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Allegedly being a bitch to someone means she deserves a bad marriage? That's not a God I would want to know. 

• Love 9

So basically 5 days later, they shipped him off. No time to process anything by anyone.

2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

We don't even know if Josh ever had sex with anyone other than Anna. Even the dancer who was suing him. Looking at a clavicle is cheating in their book. So is looking at porn and masturbating. I read some article that the AM site had a low ratio of women compared to men and a low hook-up rate. Not sure how accurate the article was. I wouldn't be surprised if Josh never even emailed/texted with anyone, never mind hooking up.

If Anna had any suspicions, I'm guessing she might have thought he was accessing porn, I doubt she thought he was cheating.

I've always wondered if he actually had slept with anyone or if his cheating was basically a porn addiction. The dancer seemed more about getting a potential cash payout than actually having met him.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

Allegedly being a bitch to someone means she deserves a bad marriage? That's not a God I would want to know. 

She was rude and snotty, no one said she deserved anything she got. 

Yes, my red state gets its fair share of fundy royalty. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

The point is that she wasn't Jesus humble. What did Jill say when Jinger said "city, please?" Jill checked her hard. Anna is no ?. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Josh had to be a charmer. They were on the election trail, and it was his job as a quasi celeb was to drum up the base. Poor @FakeJoshDuggar, who lives in a solid red state. No bus rallies for either party where I live.

I meant more like a bar pickup than a politician on the campaign trail. 

giphy.gif

Poshsprinkles, we know all about the webisode. Some rumors are that he'll be on the TV show too, not just the web. JimBob whined to TLC for a month to make it happen. Still can't get a job without daddy.

• Love 2

Jim Bob is delusional to think that Josh is a good idea.  He should be thankful that the shit has calmed as much as it has and slink away quietly...leaving the show to the kidults. 

I think bringing Josh back is the quickest way to help facilitate the show finally being canceled, if it starts up another boycott and campaign to the advertisers. 

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Poshsprinkles, we know all about the webisode. Some rumors are that he'll be on the TV show too, not just the web. JimBob whined to TLC for a month to make it happen. Still can't get a job without daddy.

I'm curious. Is there any proof that this is actual fact? Not that Josh Duggar might be on, but that Jim Bob whined around in order to make it happen or is that just widespread speculation.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, duggarfan said:

I'm curious. Is there any proof that this is actual fact? Not that Josh Duggar might be on, but that Jim Bob whined around in order to make it happen or is that just widespread speculation.

The gossip sites report it as fact, but m not sure. I don't hinjnits a safe bet that Josh wouldn't be appearing anywhere without Jim Bobs approval.

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Ashley Madison has mostly bots posing as women. It's very difficult to meet actual women on there. You have to spend money in order to "chat" with a woman. Men will spend a lot of money on Ashley Madison. Josh, on the other hand, did have an OKC profile which is easier to meet people.

I doubt the women knew he was that Josh Duggar if he did cheat anyway.

Anna enjoys the perks of being a Duggar daughter-in-law. She gets to fulfill her Godly duties by having a new arrow for her quiver every 2 years (give or take). Her father-in-law finances her lifestyle. She has sister-in-laws always at the ready to babysit. Josh can do what he wants. It has always been that way and things are never going to change. Anna is happy as long as he makes sure he gets her pregnant so she can bear the next M'child.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

So basically 5 days later, they shipped him off. No time to process anything by anyone.

I've always wondered if he actually had slept with anyone or if his cheating was basically a porn addiction. The dancer seemed more about getting a potential cash payout than actually having met him.

I'm SURE he did sleep with several people, especially when he was in DC and away from JB's thumb. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

There's no doubt in my mind that they sent him away so quickly in large part to separate him from Anna. Avoid any neighbors or paparazzi overhearing a screaming match, or a visit from the cops if the emotions got out of hand.  Besides, out of sight, out of mind so Anna had to process all her emotions by herself without any input from the one causing all of it. 6 months later, they probably hoped that she just missed him so much that all the serious emotional trauma would have been dampened.

I thought it was so unfair that they didn't give her the very human opportunity to yell at him even if, in the end, she knew in her heart she was staying with him. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

On the blog post/confession that Josh wrote right before he went away to Bible camp, he admitted to being "unfaithful" to his wife.  That means 'adultery' to most people, and not just looking at porn.  I just hope his sexual partners made him wear a condom.  Danica said that he didn't wear one when he slept with her.

• Love 3

Other than JB's ego and "we know better than all you heathens, so STFU," is there ANY sane reason why they would try to sneak Josh back on the show? 

It makes no sense. Lock him upstairs in the metaphorical attic during filming and pretend he never existed...the checks cash just the same.

• Love 5

Other than JB's ego and "we know better than all you heathens, so STFU," is there ANY sane reason why they would try to sneak Josh back on the show? 

While I'm sure the lawsuit is a cash grab, but I'm sure the parents want to see their version of events (where they were great parents) vindicated. They want to be main characters again.

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

It makes no sense. Lock him upstairs in the metaphorical attic during filming and pretend he never existed...the checks cash just the same.

I think you've summarized their overall philosophy pretty well.  They believe that they are better than the rest of us and if they say Josh is forgiven and will never stray again; then we heathens have no right to disagree.  And, yes, I believe both JB and M enjoyed the celebrity that the show gave them including opportunities to make plenty of cash off the suckers who came to hear them speak and bought their books.  They want that gravy train back on the tracks and they want to be engineering the thing.  By having Josh back on the show, they are 'proving' to the rest of us that their way of life is superior and that they are indeed the best parents ever.  If he's not on, then it implies there is something wrong with him which is not allowed because all of their kids are perfect thanks to their superior upbringing.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, lascuba said:

Fuck her. Like my mom and aunts always taught me, don't talk shit unless you're willing to eat it later.

Your mom and aunts sound like awesome women!

• Love 9

This guy really wants compensation for being slandered by a tabloid that reported his molestations. Unbelievable! I hope this is the last straw for TLC. 

• Love 21
23 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Don't forget that our very own @FakeJoshDuggar met her and basically said she was a bitch.

I think she also said Josh was a charmer, and would've picked her up, if Anna wasn't there. Yeah, that marriage is gonna last....

Which may have explained why Anna was such a bitch. Wasn't she pregnant or had just had a baby on that trip? I've never gotten a bitchy/entitled vibe from her, but even if she is, 

• Love 2

The records should have remained sealed - period. But Josh is a complete idiot. Filing this lawsuit is now strike three against him. He probably could have overcome Scandal #1, to some degree, if Scandal #2 never happened. But it did. Choices he made as an adult. Fair game for the public. He's making things worse for himself and once again thinking of himself at the expense of his sisters.

If he thought his life sucked before, he's in for a rude awakening now.

• Love 21

He says his character has been damaged forever?? His character is damaged because of HIS behavior.  How arrogant of him to try and get some benefit from this lawsuit.  I think he is in for a surprise if he thinks anyone outside of his parents will support him in his efforts. 

• Love 16