Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Yikes! I didn't realize that was the plotline for War Room. I just knew it was the latest fundie offering, likely a Kendrick Brothers (of Fireproof fame) production.

I didn't either. My fiance and I were actually going to rent it the other night, but chose something else. Reading the plotline, I don't plan on watching it.

And probably has NO DESIRE to become so independent. She's had too much Kool Aid.

And probably has NO DESIRE to become so independent. She's had too much Kool Aid.

OF COURSE he will. Surely, he has heard nothing different in Jesus Jail. Plus, there's $ in religion, esp fundie sheep religion. Baa Baaa!

Yep, have seen this play out, too, way too many times. AND if you are a fundie, you earn those bonus morality points for staying sweet and true to your 'til death do us part' vows.

Yep, have seen this play out, too, way too many times. AND if you are a fundie, you earn those bonus morality points for staying sweet and true to your 'til death do us part' vows.

Welcome to the real world, Duggars. So many people are faced with just this scenario, and yet find a way to work it out. What about the Duggars make them so special as to be spared this harsh reality?

Welcome to the real world, Duggars. So many people are faced with just this scenario, and yet find a way to work it out. What about the Duggars make them so special as to be spared this harsh reality?

Sadly, Anna is neither the first nor last to have to deal with just this type of ugly reality. Others find a way, so can Anna, except it's highly doubtful she wants to venture outside her cocoon of fundie delusion.

Sadly, Anna is neither the first nor last to have to deal with just this type of ugly reality. Others find a way, so can Anna, except it's highly doubtful she wants to venture outside her cocoon of fundie delusion.

You can say that again.

• Love 7

That's an adorable picture. I gotta say just looking at it makes me think I would have had a laundry room break down too. Not to defend the ever so catch me a blessing Michelle, but wow she had her hands full.

A lot of us would have had that breakdown, I think. But most of us wouldn't have gone on in quick succession to have 15 more. What in the hell would possess you? Seriously.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16

I do not feel sorry for her - SHE chose this exact route and is so prideful about 'letting God decide the size of her family'.

Not only that, when the going got tough she transferred responsibility to kids in elementary school. I wonder if that's why Anna wants a few more..she has 2 girls now, in a few years the eldest m & m can take over. Although she does seem more hands on before the scandal, I wonder if living with the family means the m&m kids are in in 'school' with the new tutor, and the little girls are taking over child care.

• Love 7

she has 2 girls now, in a few years the eldest m & m can take over

A few years? Mack is almost the same age Jana was when she 'became a mother' to her siblings. THAT shows you for f'd up Michelle is. "OK, 10-yo Jana, Mama and Daddy are going on date night, run the house, oh and am I cycling today? Check the calendar. Daddy wants to try for a blessing when we get back."

• Love 6

I didn't either. My fiance and I were actually going to rent it the other night, but chose something else. Reading the plotline, I don't plan on watching it.

I saw War Room. Don't waste your money.

You can say that again.

Dying...

• Love 1

I recently watched 14 Kids and Moving into a Death Trap or whatever the first show was, on YouTube.  Young (and shockingly slim) Joshy narrating nauseatingly for the camera. I wanted to reach through the screen and throttle Josh when I heard him narrate in a cheerful, sing-songy voice: "Poor Jessa! She's in charge of the laundry." 

Cut to a shot of the laundry room, and little Jessa throwing around some huge sacks of laundry in it.

The laundry room, where we know Josh attacked one of his victims.

This show was filmed after that incident.  I didn't think anything Josh, or the rest of the family, did could shock me after everything that's happened but that was one of the most tasteless and upsetting things I've seen them do.

Healing from the past, my immodest ass. 

• Love 11

At least you don't need a backstory, since they don't even discuss their problems there.

They don't discuss their problems but they do "talk, talk, talk".  Unfortunately all of the talk is about Jesus and the bible.  Oh sure, there are occasional discussions of dog vomit and bondage demonstrations but they absolutely do not talk about their addictions.  That would be opening a door for Satan. 

• Love 9

I recently watched 14 Kids and Moving into a Death Trap or whatever the first show was, on YouTube.  Young (and shockingly slim) Joshy narrating nauseatingly for the camera. I wanted to reach through the screen and throttle Josh when I heard him narrate in a cheerful, sing-songy voice: "Poor Jessa! She's in charge of the laundry." 

Cut to a shot of the laundry room, and little Jessa throwing around some huge sacks of laundry in it.

The laundry room, where we know Josh attacked one of his victims.

This show was filmed after that incident.  I didn't think anything Josh, or the rest of the family, did could shock me after everything that's happened but that was one of the most tasteless and upsetting things I've seen them do.

Healing from the past, my immodest ass. 

To the core of my being I will forever be gobsmacked by the existence of leghumpers for this exact reason.

• Love 9

I saw the service from last night.  Just before it started a guy all in black on the sinner side moved over to the center.  Take a look, it's just before it starts.  Kind of looks like Josh.

Didn't see it, but do they have graduation goodbyes?

• Love 2

Isn't today the Big Day? I'm pretty sure that Smuggar was admitted on 8/25. Keep your ears to the ground, everyone!

If he was strung today it certainly didn't make the nightly news in Chicago.

I'm sure Radar-Online will have pictures any day now if he got released.

• Love 1

So, Josh said in those early TV shows, that it was Jessa who was in charge of the laundry??? What happened to that "nice piano teacher" who did their laundry "twice a week for 12 years"? Then shortly after they were in the TTH, Mary Duggar and her husband moved in and SHE became the laundry lady...I don't ever remember the girls actually in charge of doing the laundry. I really believe those Duggar parents are full of baloney and "remember things" to suit themselves.

• Love 6

So, Josh said in those early TV shows, that it was Jessa who was in charge of the laundry??? What happened to that "nice piano teacher" who did their laundry "twice a week for 12 years"? Then shortly after they were in the TTH, Mary Duggar and her husband moved in and SHE became the laundry lady...I don't ever remember the girls actually in charge of doing the laundry. I really believe those Duggar parents are full of baloney and "remember things" to suit themselves.

I know! Their stories never match up.

Considering that they literally have nothing to do all day, you'd think that the Lord would lay it on someone's heart to write this shit down so they can keep their story straight!

• Love 12

do they have graduation goodbyes?

Didn't see it.  I only watch a little bit, then fast forward and stop for a minute and fast forward again.  But I only saw a thanks for god healing somebody's cancer, and didn't hear any witnessing.  Bummer.

• Love 2

I know! Their stories never match up.

Considering that they literally have nothing to do all day, you'd think that the Lord would lay it on someone's heart to write this shit down so they can keep their story straight!

They're too lazy to memorize their own scripts. Tell the same lie, make it simple, tell it over and over, never vary. People will believe. Instead they custom tailor lies to fit the situation.

• Love 4

I think the Duggars, pre-grandma Duggar, washed and dried the laundry and Piano NaNa came over and folded and hung it up. And even now the kids gather the dirty laundry as part of a jurisdiction. So Josh might have been telling the truth about that one thing.

I think the Duggars, pre-grandma Duggar, washed and dried the laundry and Piano NaNa came over and folded and hung it up. And even now the kids gather the dirty laundry as part of a jurisdiction. So Josh might have been telling the truth about that one thing.

That DOES sort of make sense...I mean, DOING laundry is hardly any work at all. It's getting it back out of the machines and in some semblance of order that takes actual effort.

Heck, my kids all did their own laundry from the time they were about 10 or 11. But I wouldn't want to have to count the times it got scooped off the floor in their rooms, washed, and dumped on the bed only to migrate right back to the floor and become "laundry" again before anyone ever got around to wearing it...

• Love 10

I would love to see all the work M1 is doing at this point.  I can imagine her making snacks for M2 & M3, changing diapers, potty training, making ramen from the kitchen sink and all kinds of other badness.

I do feel most sorry for her because I feel that she did at least grow up with some sort of a normal childhood for a few years.  Now she is cast into the den of dirty feet on kitchen countertops and being forced into taking care of her little siblings, Josie and any other stray child that might enter Duggarland. (Not to mention she is in a bedroom with 15 or so people.)  It has to be upsetting to M1.  

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 6

It's been awfully quiet out of Duggarville since the 25th, which is the day he should have been sprung. That usually means filming is taking place. 

I can only imagine what's going on, and I hope TLC shoots themselves in the ass by getting too cocky and filming the molester/cheater welcomed into the bosom of his stupidly forgiving sisters and wife. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

Didn't see it.  I only watch a little bit, then fast forward and stop for a minute and fast forward again.  But I only saw a thanks for god healing somebody's cancer, and didn't hear any witnessing.  Bummer.

Hopefully they also thanked the doctors, nurses and medical staff involved.

• Love 4

I think Josh is going to be kept top secret because J&JCO is coming up in two weeks. They want NO NEGATIVE publicity until the whole season airs and gets good ratings etc.

Josh is probably working on his Redeption Tour book as we speak.

Title: Through the Fire

by Josh and Anna Duggar

• Love 11

I think Josh is going to be kept top secret because J&JCO is coming up in two weeks. They want NO NEGATIVE publicity until the whole season airs and gets good ratings etc.

Josh is probably working on his Redeption Tour book as we speak.

Title: Through the Fire

by Josh and Anna Duggar

A cross-country book tour would provide an excellent way for Joshie to get a little somethin' on the side. As soon as Anna fell asleep in their hotel room, his ass would be out the door and at the nearest strip club or singles bar wearing a wig, glasses and fake moustache. Once he's released, he will just get sneakier and sneakier with all of the shady stuff he pulls. He will never, ever change and it's sad Anna will probably never realize that.

• Love 7

If Josh is out of "rehab" and back at the Dungalow, they prob have him hidden in Bin's old room, out in the shed. I don't recall many windows..

When he returns, they'll lock Josh and Anna in the nicer guest room -- with the expectation that Anna performing her wifely duty on demand will be all that Josh needs. M1-4 will remain with Jana.
  • Love 5

A cross-country book tour would provide an excellent way for Joshie to get a little somethin' on the side. As soon as Anna fell asleep in their hotel room, his ass would be out the door and at the nearest strip club or singles bar wearing a wig, glasses and fake moustache. Once he's released, he will just get sneakier and sneakier with all of the shady stuff he pulls. He will never, ever change and it's sad Anna will probably never realize that.

I believe that's slyer and slyer (or more and more sly).  

I was wondering if Joshy has been sprung.  Suppose he will go back home and work for dad.  He had such a good thing going in Washington:  a job he was never trained for - got without a degree - far away from daddy and mummy - and yet he blew it all.  Idiot.

• Love 7

I was wondering if Joshy has been sprung.  Suppose he will go back home and work for dad.  He had such a good thing going in Washington:  a job he was never trained for - got without a degree - far away from daddy and mummy - and yet he blew it all.  Idiot.

On the other hand, it makes me happy to know that being an idiot and jerk sometimes has its disadvantages.

• Love 11

I was wondering if Joshy has been sprung. Suppose he will go back home and work for dad. He had such a good thing going in Washington: a job he was never trained for - got without a degree - far away from daddy and mummy - and yet he blew it all. Idiot.

For realz. Could you imagine being handed a six-figure job you're not even remotely qualified for? Josh was living the dream and now he's back at the Tinker Toy Prison. He probably prefers fake rehab to being with his family.

• Love 10

He lost that job when it was revealed that he had sexually molested four of his sisters and one other child.  If his employer had known about all of that to begin with, he never would have been hired.

And, I doubt that many people would have ever bought a used car from him either.

• Love 3

He lost that job when it was revealed that he had sexually molested four of his sisters and one other child.  If his employer had known about all of that to begin with, he never would have been hired.

I'm sure they knew they'd made a mistake hiring Josh even without the information. Imagine him working in your office? Sheesh.

• Love 4

Remembering how MulIet and the patriarch tried to spin the whole in-house molestations as 'just a boy a little too curious about girls,' I won't be surprised if the Duggars play it off as the opposite - Joshley was FINE until he wandered away from the reach of his oh-so-godly parents, and then fell to the wiles of the evil unbelievers in DC.

They will never own that their bizarre obsession with all things sexual and ridiculous Gothard ways might've actually have contributed to Joshley's choices and acting out.

We will be asked to believe that with his CHRISTIAN rehab completed AND his prodigal return to his home base, he is now, and will forevermore be, completely 'fixed'. Because Jesus.

He started his online dating accounts when he was still living in Arkansas!!!  Also, the account where all of the people he followed were local strippers.

• Love 4