Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I noticed in the last episode the producers asked Henry how old he was and Spurgeon answered, without missing a beat,“I’m two and a half.” Henry will always need subtitles if his precocious brother always answers on his behalf.  

Exactly what I thought during that segment. My in-laws love to tell the story about how my husband (the younger of 2 boys) barely spoke till he started school and they were worried he wasn't very bright (their words, not mine). Then they say they probably shouldn't have let elder son (who is the golden child) talk on his behalf so much and guffaw about the fact that my husband turned out to be quite intelligent after all 🙄 The fact that they think this is a charming anecdote says a lot about their family dynamics. 

Sadly, poor Henry is unlikely to get the chance to blossom at school. 

And I'm not putting that on Spurgeon (or my brother in law) who were likely trying to be helpful by answering for their younger siblings, but if they're worried about Henry's speech they need to encourage him to speak and kindly discourage Spurgeon from helping in that way.

• Love 22

I have a cousin who until almost 5, didn’t talk much. She was the youngest of 5. Can’t shut her up now, she’s in her early 50’s, but at the time, she could point, or make a certain sound, and there was always someone who knew what she needed, or wanted. 
Sad in the grand scheme of things.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree about the abuse trolling. Very violating and invasive. There's a handful of SM posters out there that post that shit every chance they get.

I too, believe Spurgie says those things, but more because they're very unremarkable. Funny, cute or smart, only to the mom. 

But again, she chooses to make all these posts public instead of simply sharing with actual friends and family. So she WILL get the SM trolls.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

But again, she chooses to make all these posts public instead of simply sharing with actual friends and family. So she WILL get the SM trolls.

Oh I agree. Obviously Jessa knows this too and she continues to post.

This doesn't change the fact that someone who will bring up the fact, that your brother molested you and that your parents handled it poorly, is a keyboard bully and should probably wonder why it feels good to to them to harm folks in that way.

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh I agree. Obviously Jessa knows this too and she continues to post.

This doesn't change the fact that someone who will bring up the fact, that your brother molested you and that your parents handled it poorly, is a keyboard bully and should probably wonder why it feels good to to them to harm folks in that way.

True, but those people are out there and will always be out there.

• Love 5

Does Jessa not have an honest friend or family member who will gently tell her that these sayings aren't exceptional to anyone that is not her and Ben? Or at least tell her it must have been one of those, had to be there, moments?

She's embarrassing herself. Or she should be.

• Love 22
(edited)

Now we are getting #sayingsof  both kids??  I really wish she could see how stupid this looks.  Especially the "kiddy" spelling of "little".

Edited by CalicoKitty
posted twice for some reason.
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

She’s just doubling down on the nonsense now. Isn’t Bin’s mom’s name Gwen?

0631722A-FE34-4E14-9E4C-7FB55102F28F.jpeg

I wonder if they call her Mimi instead of Grandma, and to a small kid that just becomes Grandma Mimi. Or maybe Lolly Mimi in the Duggar world. . . . 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

George Carlin had Joe Pesci with a baseball bat, in these circumstances I am putting my faith into my Lord and Savior Ash

army darkness GIF

Throw in Reggie Bannister and you have a deal. 

• LOL 2
On 7/15/2020 at 10:11 PM, Fallacy said:

That is so wrong. Jessa was the victim! Reminding her that her brother molested her when she’s just trying to post some of the cute things Spurgeon has said seems unnecessarily mean. 

It is wrong.

But unfortunately, to a fairly good-sized subset of the people who are itching to say all their mean and/or angry thoughts out loud in real life but don't (which is just about all of us, right?).....social media appears to be a dream come true.

Especially when somebody posts a bunch of stuff that others find dumb or annoying......That's an invitation for trolls of all kinds because they can tell themselves  that you really do deserve whatever they're slinging out. 

Changing your hashtag by one letter and continuing your dumb posts will not change this, Jessa. in fact, it's like waggling a piece of yarn in front of a kitten. These people are just going to chase you around the internet if you respond like that, most likely. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Does Jessa not have an honest friend or family member who will gently tell her that these sayings aren't exceptional to anyone that is not her and Ben? Or at least tell her it must have been one of those, had to be there, moments?

She's embarrassing herself. Or she should be.

I kind of think that everybody's afraid to tell Jessa much. .... Seems to me most of her close acquaintance figure all they'd get for their trouble would be an absolute-zero stare. 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

It is wrong.

But unfortunately, to a fairly good-sized subset of the people who are itching to say all their mean and/or angry thoughts out loud in real life but don't (which is just about all of us, right?).....social media appears to be a dream come true.

Especially when somebody posts a bunch of stuff that others find dumb or annoying......That's an invitation for trolls of all kinds because they can tell themselves  that you really do deserve whatever they're slinging out. 

Changing your hashtag by one letter and continuing your dumb posts will not change this, Jessa. in fact, it's like waggling a piece of yarn in front of a kitten. These people are just going to chase you around the internet if you respond like that, most likely. 

Exactly. The trolls will just follow, as long as the account remains public.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, SMama said:

Duggars are shameless so she’s right on brand.

Yeah, exactly all of this is on brand. The Duggars have always shown their kids being little and cute on television since the show started. And right now everyone has small families of 1, 2, 3 kids so there's no big family to take the spotlight. Even Josh and Anna's family while being bigger than most, isn't close to JimBob and Michelle's full circus of a family. (six is a lot, but not as rare as 14, 15, 19 etc.)  So the whole point of the show is to show people getting married, being pregnant and having cute little kids.  Right now there's only 2 women pregnant and no one is getting married, although the show is rehashing last year's large number of pregnant women at the same time. 

I think a lot of their fans actually watch the show to see little kids being cute. These people probably are not parents themselves or have older children and no grandkids. So these little stories are things they lap up. Look at the post above, 859 people liked the little saying of Henry. 

I don't see much difference between TLC filming them and Jessa posting on social media about them.

I admit it's not my style. If I had kids, I probably try to them keep off social media as much as possible. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, magpye29 said:

Am I the only one who finds it weird that Jessa references her kids by their ages? "The three-year-old had trouble remembering that rule." That is just so weird to me.

I think it's odd too. I've never heard anyone do that before. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

It is wrong.

Some young girl watching TLC probably convinced herself that whoever touched her was no big deal because of what Jessa’s said. I guess I’m one of those people who doesn’t mind her being trolled.

• Love 14
(edited)
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Some young girl watching TLC probably convinced herself that whoever touched her was no big deal because of what Jessa’s said. I guess I’m one of those people who doesn’t mind her being trolled.

I kind of don't mind it either. For the same reason you've mentioned. However, I wouldn't ever do it myself .....

😁 I don't know if that's reasonably ethical or totally hypocritical! 

1 hour ago, magpye29 said:

Am I the only one who finds it weird that Jessa references her kids by their ages? "The three-year-old had trouble remembering that rule." That is just so weird to me.

I was going to say that Meeechelle might do this because I doubt she could ever remember all the kids' names. ... But then I realized that she wouldn't remember their ages, either.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

I kind of don't mind it either. For the same reason you've mentioned However, I wouldn't ever do it myself .....

😁 I don't know if that's reasonably ethical or totally hypocritical! 

For the record I’ve never done it, or follow any of the family on social media. Not gonna give them clicks or satisfaction. I think Jessa is an acceptable target because everyone else is an acceptable target TO HER.  She’s certainly not the type to except someone’s different views, or actually keep sweet, or think twice about making a disgusted face in front of you. I think the Bible says live by bitchiness, die by bitchiness. 

Plus, we know she reads every single comment before deleting, and I’m sure stews in her anger. Hi Jessa!  How about you cook, clean, and raise the kids, and let your husband have the day off!  And the day after that, too.

• Love 16

There are a number of responses to being a victim of sexual assault. All of them are valid, even if the feelings change over time. Jessa was a victim.

Jessa is one of my least favorite Duggars but I feel its unfair to throw the molestation in her face, even if she's been or being an asshole.

• Love 23
(edited)
16 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

For the record I’ve never done it, or follow any of the family on social media. Not gonna give them clicks or satisfaction. I think Jessa is an acceptable target because everyone else is an acceptable target TO HER.  She’s certainly not the type to except someone’s different views, or actually keep sweet, or think twice about making a disgusted face in front of you. I think the Bible says live by bitchiness, die by bitchiness. 

Plus, we know she reads every single comment before deleting, and I’m sure stews in her anger. Hi Jessa!  How about you cook, clean, and raise the kids, and let your husband have the day off!  And the day after that, too.

Yep, I definitely sympathize with your point of view when it comes to Jessa. 

I think it becomes dicey to me because I don't like the idea of escalating the world's meanness and anger a) in any situation where the anger probably won't do any good; b) in any situation where the object of the anger can really easily just write it off as meaningless trolling and c) in any situation where the consequences aren't dire enough to make it worth the risk of raising the world's meanness level. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

There are a number of responses to being a victim of sexual assault. All of them are valid, even if the feelings change over time. Jessa was a victim.

Jessa is one of my least favorite Duggars but I feel its unfair to throw the molestation in her face, even if she's been or being an asshole.

This is a good point. 

I think people see her as exploiting/victimizing her own children, in a very different way, but still exploiting, and the gloves come off.  It’s not like people are doing this in response to her recipes, or just random glamour shots of her family, it’s in response to an annoying and exploitative hashtag. The context at least makes some difference, at least to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

This is a good point. 

I think people see her as exploiting/victimizing her own children, in a very different way, but still exploiting, and the gloves come off.  It’s not like people are doing this in response to her recipes, or just random glamour shots of her family, it’s in response to an annoying and exploitative hashtag. The context at least makes some difference, at least to me.

Then they should say that

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Then they should say that

That’s too close to telling people how to think and feel.  I also kind of doubt she has the kind of empathy they would allow her to connect with something that hasn’t actually happened to her,  but that’s admitted speculation on my part. 

For the record, I don’t think anyone has ever brought it up in this manner to the other victims.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

That’s too close to telling people how to think and feel.  I also kind of doubt she has the kind of empathy they would allow her to connect with something that hasn’t actually happened to her,  but that’s admitted speculation on my part. 

For the record, I don’t think anyone has ever brought it up in this manner to the other victims.

Maybe that's because Jessa openly said that it was basically nothing and just sat there while her victimized sister broke down in tears. Maybe people want to let her know that what she experienced can't just be swept under the rug. 

Just some musings. I would never post like that on her media. I save that snark for here.😁

• Love 13
35 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree. It's pretty low to troll Jessa when the abuse was Josh's crime, not hers. I feel like that's a line you just shouldn't cross.

• Love 12

I can't stand Jessa but she doesn't know what she thinks. She was told what she thinks and thinks everything is her own idea, it's brainwashing of the first order. The Duggars are a wasteland.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Am I the only one who saw blue smoke in the still shot of the picture and thought, "Dammit, Jessa's knocked up again with a boy"? Sad that is what my default thought setting is with these people. 

That's exactly what I thought and couldn't believe I had missed the pregnancy announcement. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Maybe that's because Jessa openly said that it was basically nothing and just sat there while her victimized sister broke down in tears. Maybe people want to let her know that what she experienced can't just be swept under the rug. 

Just some musings. I would never post like that on her media. I save that snark for here.😁

Jill also said it was nothing, and those tears were about her anger at In Touch publishing the story.

Just because someone doesn't make a spectacle of themselves by crying on tv during a blatantly scripted and rehearsed interview doesn't mean they're less of a victim.

• Love 11

I'm not diminishing Jessa's status as a victim. She does that herself. I think Jill has since seen the light. Derelict frequently calls Jill a victim, but of course he could also be referring to what her parents did to her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Yep. The kids being filmed by TLC doesn’t allow the trolls a direct avenue for their words like a public SM account does. Jessa just can’t shut up. 

• Love 8

Derick refers to Jill as a victim because it's convenient for him to do so.

Until Jill says that she was dead wrong to publicly diminish sexual abuse, she's the same person she was then.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, magpye29 said:

Maybe she forgot their names

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Maybe she forgot their names

I think it's easier on Jessa's conscience to shame them by age rather than name. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3