Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I am not a mother and I don't really understand what the quote is saying . After Joy's post about feeling she is failing her kids in some ways it seems not so supportive to post. Or maybe like I said I just don't understand. Excellent motherhood???

Also one comment asked her if she worked outside the home, that she did and that it was not helpful to see this. 

Another reply:

"I’ve literally just been watching The Handmaid’s Tale and when it finished I switched off my TV safe in the knowledge it was just dystopian fiction. And then I read this…"

2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I wonder where she lifted that from. I know she likes M is for Mama, who recently published a self help book.

Yes, that is where she got it from and the author thanks her for promoting the book.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

For the #blessablocked, can someone post a pic?

For some reason I can't post a pic now. Jessa's post is a picture of the 4 kids, accompanied by a multi paragraph quote from the book, M is for Mama.

1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

You guys are right it does seem really passive aggressive towards Joy.

If that is the case then a big FUCK YOU to Blessa. At least Joy worries about being a good mother to her children. Jessa is a smug bitch who thinks she knows it all, and embraces shitty motherhood. Read less M is for Mother, don’t post passive aggressive stuff. Spend time on your kids, who look unkempt. Make sure your girls have proper playing clothes, and comb your kids’ hair. I’m a crabby one today. 😂

Edited by SMama
  • Like 4
  • Applause 12
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I wonder if the "wine-o'-clock" is a reference for Joy too. I don't think Joy drinks but I do think Joy needs occasional breaks in the trips to see Carlin. 

It might be Jessa's way of saying "Well I don't have the capability of making need friends."

An article in my paper today had the sub-headline; Expect more non-vintage and low and no-alcohol wines in younger consumers drive trends.   https://www.startribune.com/younger-consumers-are-driving-wine-trends-and-they-dont-want-to-drink-chardonnay/600203295/

• Useful 1
On 9/4/2022 at 6:31 PM, AstridM said:

Go, eat your bread with enjoyment, and drink your wine with a merry heart; for God has already approved what you do" (Ecclesiastes 9:7).

But the wine mentioned in the Bible is actually grape juice, according to the fundie idiots. 😒🙄

• Like 1
  • LOL 16
35 minutes ago, Madtown said:

She wants us to know she isn’t jealous. Whatever Jessa. 🙄

423F24AA-9DAD-487A-8D8B-F93939328A49.jpeg

Of course she isn’t jealous. When my daughter did the same with her Baba I dropped everything to post how I wasn’t one bit jealous. 🙄 These people lie as much as they breathe. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Madtown said:

She wants us to know she isn’t jealous. Whatever Jessa. 🙄

423F24AA-9DAD-487A-8D8B-F93939328A49.jpeg

I thought this was such a sweet post until I got to the jealous part. 

Say what? 

Why would she even bring that up? 

What is going on in her circle that made her think that she should be jealous between her baby girl and how that baby girl loves her Daddy?  

• Like 11
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

What is going on in her circle that made her think that she should be jealous between her baby girl and how that baby girl loves her Daddy?  

I think this is one of Jessa's tone deaf moments where she thinks she's preempting the haters and snarkers, only to be just Freudishly self-owning herself very hard. Is Freudishly a word? I motion that it should be. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 16
  • LOL 6

Not only is Jessa sadly and weirdly jealous of her one year old, but she describes a detailed scene of Ben bursting through the door at home and then posts a picture of Ben & Fern clearly somewhere else (church basement?).

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Not only is Jessa sadly and weirdly jealous of her one year old, but she describes a detailed scene of Ben bursting through the door at home and then posts a picture of Ben & Fern clearly somewhere else (church basement?).

Good point!  Where the hell are they?

Jessa’s entire post is weird, what kind of person would be jealous of their baby loving their daddy!?!?!  Does Jessa think it’s common for mothers to be jealous of their own children and she’s somehow managed to avoid that pitfall with her godly ways? She’s so strange, like a robot that’s trying it’s best to mimic human emotions.  🤖

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, graefin said:

I'm just noting that she melts into a literal puddle each time. Sounds kinda messy, or at least inconvenient to presumably have to morph back and forth between puddle and human form. 

Like the WOZ Wicked Witch!  "I'm melting, melting, my bee-oootiful wickedness is melting."

Jessa's so strange.  Like @Joan of Argh says, she's seemingly trying to mimic human emotions.  Jessa's not very good at it, either.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

40B27833-451D-4683-AF20-B6195911D98A.jpeg

jessaseewald

I married up in every way, and I’m not ashamed to admit it! 🤍 I love this quote from John Hendrick’s book, “Catching Foxes”:

“Please remember: sweetness and delight will never come to our marriages by the absence of sinfulness, but only by the presence of redeeming and reconciling grace.”

Truer words have never been spoken. No marriage is perfect. At times, we step on each other’s toes. Sometimes we fail to communicate our plans and our goals, or we overbook and run ourselves ragged. We have differing opinions, and we have to talk through things and work them out. We speak hastily and have to repent of our thoughtlessness. Offenses inevitably happen. How we deal with them, and how we respond to one another, makes all the difference in whether our relationship thrives or dies.

The Apostle Paul has a word for us— “So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord for gave you, so also should you” Col. 3:12-13).

Ben daily models to me this Christlike love.

“Paul seemed to assume that whenever we grasp the compassion of God toward us in Jesus Christ, we will automatically put on compassion for others,” remarks Henderson. “When we comprehend the kindness of our Lord towards us, then kindness toward others becomes more instinctive and unavoidable. Once we behold and marvel at the humility of our Lord Jesus, we cannot actually resist becoming more humble toward others (see Phil. 2:3-8).

God deals with us gently, so we can deal with others gently. Jesus Christ shows continual patience toward us, at great cost to himself, so we can bear patiently with others at great cost to ourselves. The more we grasp God‘s forgiveness of us, the more motivated we become to forgive others out of reverence and gratitude for Christ.”

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I couldn’t think of anything more loving then being glared at with a face like daggers 🙄 or ignored whenever I start filming. Is that the Christ like love Ben shows? 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
On 8/31/2022 at 4:37 PM, Albanyguy said:

Sixties decor definitely had a brighter color palette. The Seventies ushered in the era of "earth tones", every conceivable shade of beige, brown and orange.

My baby sister was born in 1970 and her nursery was decorated in burnt orange, avocado green, and golden yellow. A lot of her baby clothes was also in this color palette. My parents lived in Los Angeles at the time and it was very popular.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

jessaseewald

I married up in every way, and I’m not ashamed to admit it! 🤍 I love this quote from John Hendrick’s book, “Catching Foxes”:

“Please remember: sweetness and delight will never come to our marriages by the absence of sinfulness, but only by the presence of redeeming and reconciling grace.”

Truer words have never been spoken. No marriage is perfect. At times, we step on each other’s toes. Sometimes we fail to communicate our plans and our goals, or we overbook and run ourselves ragged. We have differing opinions, and we have to talk through things and work them out. We speak hastily and have to repent of our thoughtlessness. Offenses inevitably happen. How we deal with them, and how we respond to one another, makes all the difference in whether our relationship thrives or dies.

The Apostle Paul has a word for us— “So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord for gave you, so also should you” Col. 3:12-13).

“Paul seemed to assume that whenever we grasp the compassion of God toward us in Jesus Christ, we will automatically put on compassion for others,” remarks Henderson. “When we comprehend the kindness of our Lord towards us, then kindness toward others becomes more instinctive and unavoidable. Once we behold and marvel at the humility of our Lord Jesus, we cannot actually resist becoming more humble toward others (see Phil. 2:3-8).

God deals with us gently, so we can deal with others gently. Jesus Christ shows continual patience toward us, at great cost to himself, so we can bear patiently with others at great cost to ourselves. The more we grasp God‘s forgiveness of us, the more motivated we become to forgive others out of reverence and gratitude for Christ.”

Oh FFS.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 10
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

jessaseewald

Tired Wonder Girls GIF

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Ben in the running for some Fundy of the Year title or something?

He's a great dad and now he's a great husband. What's next, a great preacher? Great son and SIL?

Also, they’re falling more in love every day, remember? She is so tiring.

• LOL 9

Cut out all the useless Bible speak and they’re two people who got married too young and had too many kids too soon. They’re normal and need to quit the Christlike behavior and just live. Talk it out, fight it out. And use a condom. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 4