Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I noticed that Jessa and Ben never clean up their front garden area along the house.  It's always shown with straggly, unpruned and dead plants/bushes.  It's such a small area to keep nice looking but they never bother, even when TLC cameras are rolling.  Compare Jessa's front yard with Erin Bates and her adorable front garden and yard.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, louannems said:

I noticed that Jessa and Ben never clean up their front garden area along the house.  It's always shown with straggly, unpruned and dead plants/bushes.  

They probably think they can use those dirty diapers that they "store" as fertilizer for their garden.

• Love 3
On 12/4/2017 at 5:24 PM, cmr2014 said:

Everyone picks and chooses between bits an pieces of the Bible, and then insists that their interpretation is "right" and anyone who disagrees with them is a heathen. 

Some Protestants (and Catholics and  presumably members of virtually every religious group)  certainly are guilty of this, but others simply appreciate the idea of worshiping among a group of mostly like-minded individuals where their religious beliefs are concerned.  Why, for example, should a person be a part of a church that  considers infant baptism to be wrong if the person doesn't think it's wrong?  With so many churches, the believers can agree to disagree and to practice their respective faiths as they see fit without necessarily condemning anyone else to Hell for not seeing things  and practicing religion as they do.

On 11/28/2017 at 4:58 PM, cmr2014 said:

I agree. I think that even MOTY J'chelle was a good mom to her first few kids. Pictures of the older kids when they were small show clean, healthy kids playing with toys, dressing up for haloween, etc. Compare those photos with the feral Lost Girls running around with uncombed hair, and dressed in rags

But didn't Michelle admit that with her first few children, she didn't actually have a heart for children and yelled at them a great deal? Then she had her figurative [and maybe literal as well] "Come to jJsus" moment where she learned to speak in the baby voice instead of screeching.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Triple P said:

Spurge & Henry seem to spend a lot of time at the compound and they have probably learned that if the bedroom door is locked, mama and papa are not to be distrubed.

15 hours ago, ariel said:

Are Spurge & Henry old enough to comprehend that & not bang on the door?

Spurge, maybe, but I don't think that is the case really. It was more of a joke since the Duggar kids have mentioned that they know JB and Michelle are not to be disturbed when their door is locked.

4 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

With so many churches, the believers can agree to disagree and to practice their respective faiths as they see fit without necessarily condemning anyone else to Hell for not seeing things  and practicing religion as they do.

Many Christians do, the Duggars/ Duggar adjacents  do not.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ariel said:

Many Christians do, the Duggars/ Duggar adjacents  do not.

That independent "fundie Baptist hold church in people's garages and living rooms because we can't agree on anything for long enough to build an actual structure in which to worship, much less to pay for it" tribe  is a particularly contentious group. or they at least seem to be.. i don't know what percentage of church-affiliated Americans identify as such, but I would hope it would be a small minority of us.  I'm on a coast, where they're smaller in number, so I don't have to see them or think about them all that much. They probably have a more significant presence in middle America.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, louannems said:

I noticed that Jessa and Ben never clean up their front garden area along the house.  It's always shown with straggly, unpruned and dead plants/bushes.  It's such a small area to keep nice looking but they never bother, even when TLC cameras are rolling.  Compare Jessa's front yard with Erin Bates and her adorable front garden and yard.

That was the first thing I noticed about the video! They take absolutely no pride in their home. I don't expect Bin to be out there cutting each blade of grass with nail scissors, but how freaking hard is it to at least clear out the dead bushes and trim everything back? I'm so tired of their groupies using the kids as an excuse. Big effing deal. Billions of people have been having kids for thousands of years and still manage to get shit done. I can't even imagine what a disfunctional shitshow their lives are behind the curtain of the cute Instagram pictures they post of the kids. 

• Love 12

Most of us manage work and kids, and while not all of us have homes and yards like showplaces, we take a little time each day/week to throw diapers in the trash, mow the lawn, and do basic home upkeep.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

More "cute kid" marketing. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BclAGAnFRVI/

Dear Jessa, pro tip:  Don't be encouraging your kid to eat off the floor.  There is no such thing as the "ten second rule".  It is, in fact, the "zero second rule".  Scientists have studied and recently determined for a fact; the instant a foodstuff falls on a germy area, it's germed up.  Doesn't matter if it's porous, shelled like a fish oil capsule, any kind or type of food is shot once it hits the ground.  Shocked that germophobe Bin of all people lets them get away with this...

It was cute how Spurgeon's idea of nice behavior is to switch to gingerly petting Henry's head with a single finger, ha.

• Love 3

Heh. Jessa sounds like a mix between Mary Poppins and a drill sergeant. "Spurge likes to eat fish. Doesn't he?" I'm sure she loves her kids dearly but that's pretty much how I talk to my dog when he's been naughty.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Vaysh said:

Heh. Jessa sounds like a mix between Mary Poppins and a drill sergeant. "Spurge likes to eat fish. Doesn't he?" I'm sure she loves her kids dearly but that's pretty much how I talk to my dog when he's been naughty.

I wonder if his favorite is sturgeon?

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Vaysh said:

She baby talks to her kids, which I personally find irritating.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Do Mommy and Daddy put a sock on the doorknob?  Pity Bin never learned how to put a sock on his own knob.  I’ll see myself out. (Trudges to Prayer Closet).

Is there room for one more in there? 

• Love 6

Cute kids but I’m so afraid that will be the extent of their education. Any room left in the prayer closet? I have a club salad with avocado dressing (our actual dinner today) and sparkling cider to share.

• Love 10

I wonder if Jessa is influenced by the responses to her Instagram posts. If so, maybe we can encourage her to put her kids in a brick and mortar school. I would like those posts and create accounts to like them some more. She seems to be learning from her debacles and it's doubtful we'll ever see a Jenga diaper pile again, so maybe... Also, something tells me Jessa responds more to encouragement for the 'good' posts more than criticism for the 'bad' ones. <---that's how I train puppies :)

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

I wonder if Jessa is influenced by the responses to her Instagram posts. If so, maybe we can encourage her to put her kids in a brick and mortar school. I would like those posts and create accounts to like them some more. 

Two problems, Benessa were “homeschooled,” and they are completely financially dependent on Boob. Heck Jessa is emotionally dependent on the TTH herd. It would be nice though. Seems like you train puppies better than Ma and Pa Kettle raise children.

• Love 12
58 minutes ago, Marigold said:

No social media pics of Jessa lately, right? 

Bet she is pregnant and hasn't announced yet.  

Or maybe she’s actually parenting her kids or cleaning the house? Those dirty nappies stack up fast with two babies. 

Or maybe it was decided that Henry needs to be blanket trained for his willfulness in knocking over Spurgie’s construction project.  You can’t start too young with that thar blanket training with those godless, willful, manipulative toddlers.  Of course you all realize I find this absolutely abhorrent, right?

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Or maybe she’s actually parenting her kids or cleaning the house? Those dirty nappies stack up fast with two babies. 

Or maybe it was decided that Henry needs to be blanket trained for his willfulness in knocking over Spurgie’s construction project.  You can’t start too young with that thar blanket training with those godless, willful, manipulative toddlers.  Of course you all realize I find this absolutely abhorrent, right?

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You slay me!

• Love 8

Screenshot_20171216-132851-714x621.thumb.jpg.a6102a896f794176e4af1bbe99b46b5c.jpg

This is the latest picture of herself she posted on social media, from Dec 5th. Also, she wasn't at the pedi outing with Joy and Jana which seems a bit suspicious. Maybe she'll be at the Bates wedding and someone will snap a picture of her. I believe she's already pregnant, again.  

• Love 7

I wonder if Ben is on a cortisone treatment for his allergies; his face looks bloated compared to how he usually looks. My cousin had really bad allergies and IIRC the doctors put him on cortisone as a last resort and while it helped him breathe easier and itch less, it also made him bloat something fierce.

Or, they could be pregnant again and he's just eating for two.

I think i said this before but I noticed Jessa has flat/straight hair when pregnant.  Not always, of course, but more often. 

No point in discussing it really because if she isn't pregnant now, she will be shortly.  ;) 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

If Jessa would clean out her a/c vents and scrub her house, perhaps Ben would feel better. I think it helps not to live in a toxic waste dump when you have allergies.

She could also stop going out on dinner "dates" and use that money to hire a professional cleaner to come in and do a proper cleaning of her house.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, ariel said:

She could also stop going out on dinner "dates" and use that money to hire a professional cleaner to come in and do a proper cleaning of her house.

But she'd never do that.  She would instead beg/cajole/blackmail the Army of Lost Girls to do it for free, as I believe has been seen in the past.  This may, in fact, be the only method of "professional" housecleaning Jessa recognizes in existence.  

Besides, Jessa doesn't have the allergies.  She could send Bin to the park with the kids for a day and clean to her heart's content, except she might not trust him to defend himself against the throngs of brazen hussies hoping to snag a single father out and about.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 10
45 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Oh Lord, i think I'm defending Jessa here but maybe BEN should schedule his own appointment with an allergist or doctor and find out why he is always congested.  Ben can also push around a vacuum, dust and climb around and clean out some vents too.  Ben can gift jessa with a professional cleaner too. He can also tell Jessa to throw out her poopy diaper collection. 

I realize Ben is barely out of his teen years but Ben can do this for himself.  He cannot feel good always being stuffy, sniffling and irritated eyes. Either do it yourself or get Jessa to do it. 

Jessa, if you read here, tell Ben to man up and call an allergist. 

True but... the allergic person shouldn't do the cleaning if they are allergic to dust mites, and should in fact be away from the cleaning, which is why I suggested he go to the park with the kids while the dust is flying about.  I say this because I myself am allergic to dust mites, and it takes very little dusting to turn my eyes to perpetual itch-bait.  I also found no relief for my concomitant eye problems from anything recommended by a doctor, including a cocktail of Claritin and steroid drops (there are in fact studies about Claritin which is appalling how few people it fixes, and/although this is "the best" thing we currently have out there to help allergic people).  

• Love 12

A person can live in a clean house and still get sick. I agree he should see an allergist. I cannot speak for Ben myself, but I know almost anything can set off my sensitivity to smells and sinuses to act up. I know the cold and the heat can cause everything to act up including my digestive issues, sinuses, my thyroid hormone levels to go wacky, headaches, being tired, aches and pain, eye damage/light sensitivity/chronic dry eyes, and sleep apnea (not sleeping well, eyes reaction to the apnea) to kick into overdrive. Ben could be dealing with some undiagnosed medical conditions which could cause his allergies and sinuses to act up also.

5 minutes ago, queenanne said:

True but... the allergic person shouldn't do the cleaning if they are allergic to dust mites, and should in fact be away from the cleaning, which is why I suggested he go to the park with the kids while the dust is flying about.  I say this because I myself am allergic to dust mites, and it takes very little dusting to turn my eyes to perpetual itch-bait.  I also found no relief for my concomitant eye problems from anything recommended by a doctor, including a cocktail of Claritin and steroid drops (there are in fact studies about Claritin which is appalling how few people it fixes, and/although this is "the best" thing we currently have out there to help allergic people).  

I am on prescription Claritin, and it does help me. The problem is my allergies, sinuses and sensitivity to smells did not get worse until I started taking the blasted thyroid med I am on now. I also cannot be around cleaning supplies because the smell makes me sick. I joke around with my physician assistant I should get a medical note saying I should be wearing a mask at all times at certain times during the year. My eye doctor actually suggested I wear an eye mask at night, but I probably would freak out wearing one due to waking up and not being able to see.

Besides cleaning is women work so Jessa should be the one cleaning the house.

15 minutes ago, queenanne said:

including a cocktail of Claritin and steroid drops (there are in fact studies about Claritin which is appalling how few people it fixes, and/although this is "the best" thing we currently have out there to help allergic people).  

Claritin, Zyrtec, Allegra, and Xyzal are all in the same class of antihistamines but generally work in the same way for different people. It's recommended that if you try one and it doesn't work, move onto the next. Zyrtec is generally the "best" and is the preferred recommendation by my pharmacist, but some people swear by Allegra. Xyzal just recently went OTC (but that doesn't really matter in terms of effectivness). If you're willing to sacrifice and risk feeling sleepy, chlorphenamine is the next; it works better than the 'non-drowsy' antihistamines but might make you kinda tired. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is king of the antihistamines but it's also used as a sleep aid, so prepare for that.

Personally Zyrtec seems to work best for me, but I vastly prefer Flonase.

But yeah, the 'non-drowsy' antihistamines are hit or miss.

I am on prescription Claritin, and it does help me.

Just for reference, there's no difference between the prescription Claritin and the OTC version except your insurance might help you out and cover some/all of it.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, McManda said:

Claritin, Zyrtec, Allegra, and Xyzal are all in the same class of antihistamines but generally work in the same way for different people. It's recommended that if you try one and it doesn't work, move onto the next. Zyrtec is generally the "best" and is the preferred recommendation by my pharmacist, but some people swear by Allegra. Xyzal just recently went OTC (but that doesn't really matter in terms of effectivness). If you're willing to sacrifice and risk feeling sleepy, chlorphenamine is the next; it works better than the 'non-drowsy' antihistamines but might make you kinda tired. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is king of the antihistamines but it's also used as a sleep aid, so prepare for that.

Personally Zyrtec seems to work best for me, but I vastly prefer Flonase.

But yeah, the 'non-drowsy' antihistamines are hit or miss.

Just for reference, there's no difference between the prescription Claritin and the OTC version except your insurance might help you out and cover some/all of it.

I found a cocktail of stuff that did help my nose and sinuses with more-or-less regularity, but nothing seemed to budge my frequently streaming left eye, which got so bad and embarrassing that people at my office would occasionally ask me what was wrong under the assumption I'd been crying for long periods of time, which was fairly mortifying.  Currently I'm treating it a la blepharitis, which may not be the cure; although I grant it's doing something.  

This is an old article, but some might find it interesting (if OT), it gets lively:

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/03/11/magazine/the-claritin-effect-prescription-for-profit.html

I did want to throw on the table that it's possible that people are in fact doing things to treat their allergies, and we can't guarantee they aren't, just because said person continues symptomatic.

• Love 4

My right eye takes a beating when my allergies, sinuses or sensitivity to smell act up. It looks like I have pink eye, a cold sore virus or been drinking and partying all night with no sleep. I could sneeze or cough a few times, and my right eyes starts to water, turn red and pink around the lids. People with sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine have a higher chance of their allergies and sinuses to act up.

In the case of Ben, he must be dealing with evilness taking over his soul. He needs to start praying more and reading the bible. Heck, it work for Cathy, it could work for him.

32 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

My right eye takes a beating when my allergies, sinuses or sensitivity to smell act up. It looks like I have pink eye, a cold sore virus or been drinking and partying all night with no sleep. I could sneeze or cough a few times, and my right eyes starts to water, turn red and pink around the lids. People with sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine have a higher chance of their allergies and sinuses to act up.

In the case of Ben, he must be dealing with evilness taking over his soul. He needs to start praying more and reading the bible. Heck, it work for Cathy, it could work for him.

Also the eye problem can be exacerbated by mask leak. Ask me how I know. :(

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

Also the eye problem can be exacerbated by mask leak. Ask me how I know. :(

Your eyes can show signs of sleep apnea. I could run out and pay around $2000 .00 for a mouth appliance, but I do not want to risk my jaw going out of whack or shifting teeth. I have seen a commercial for a CPAP machine cleaner, but $300.00 for one. It is frustrating how one medical condition can cause problems with your other medical conditions.

Now back to the topic at hand...I wonder if Ben could have sleep apnea, but we all know he would not be tested for it. Like someone mention above, he could be getting treatment for his allergies, but the treatment is not working. I do feel bad for him (yes, I said it) because allergies and sinuses are not fun to deal with.

2 hours ago, queenanne said:

Mr Evenstar is allergic to the world, our cats, dust mites, mold.  He buys those surgical masks that keep out viruses in bulk to do any cleaning that might involve kitty tumbleweeds, dust bunnies, or a fur coat of dust. One could wear safety goggles to protect the eyes. He HAD to clean the house whilst I was too incapacitated to do so.  He did the heavy stuff like lifting stuff out of the way or moving so I could clean under or behind something, but it was I who did the more unpleasant and icky chores.

Deep cleaning needs doing, but I’m actually looking forward to it, for the simple reason that I CAN now. Bin should acquaint himself with Swiffer dusters to get the dust and hair off the floors before mopping, and for those with mold allergies, Clorox is your BFF. It can be diluted down many times its  original strength and still be effective. Clorox Cleanup is great, particularly the foaming variety because it sticks to the surface you’re trying to clean. And, you can turn the Swiffer duster upside down and get another use out of it.  Off brand like dollar store, you only get what you pay for. If you have pets or really long hair, Swiffer is great for picking up a majority.  The Shark line of steamers kills bacteria and mold as well for those very sensitive to chemicals. There’s no excuse to be filthy, Jessa and Bin. He’s a grown ass man, so part of it is on him, too!

• Love 11

My opinion is that Jessa is a selfish and lazy bitch who doesn't care one bit that her husband suffers with allergies. If she did, she would make a very good effort to clean her house. She doesn't work and never worked from the first day they were married. In that post a bit ago, her house looked like it had NEVER been cleaned from when they moved in to it after their honeymoon. You can bet your bottom dollar that if my husband suffered with allergies, and I was a stay at home wife, I would do my best to keep it clean and comfortable for him. Ben might not have a traditional job, but he does clean toilets and work for her father. He's not home all the time during the week....that's Jessa's cleaning time. This, of course, if my opinion. I think the girl never liked cleaning....ever.

• Love 18

Keeping a clean house can help with allergies, but a person can still be sick. In Ben's case, it look like he was suffering with allergies before he met Jessa. It is up to him to get treatment, stick with the treatment, and willing to work with his doctor(s) in order to get better. The weather, family history, certain smells, and other things can add to his misery. Also, he could have an underlying medical condition(s) which can make his allergies flare up at a drop of a hat. Just like the time my neighbor across the street was using something to soak up the oil spell in his driveway. It smelled like bleach to me, and my eyes started bothering me, and I noticed my sinuses were starting to bother me also. I could have complained and blame my neighbors for making me feel like crap, but I live with it. In otherwords, I listen to my allergist's advice, took my allergy and asthma type symptoms meds and hope the smell would go away fast.

Edited by bigskygirl