Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Yep, Kleinfeld's has an entire section of the store, complete with its own staff, devoted to modest wedding dresses, mostly for their Orthodox Jewish clientele.  The whole thing, complete with the howlers running amok among the dresses and Michelle refusing to allow a female bridal consultant to see her brassiere, was completely staged for the show.  TLC understands that the 'weirdo factor' associated with the Duggars and their belief system is a draw for viewers.

Probably had a stipulation that Randy couldn't come within 50 yards of the Duggars either. 'Cause Randy would have found a dress that would have worked and not needed butchering!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Probably had a stipulation that Randy couldn't come within 50 yards of the Duggars either. 'Cause Randy would have found a dress that would have worked and not needed butchering!

Or because, even ''worse'' : Randy is gay.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Or because, even ''worse'' : Randy is gay.

Heaven forbid a gay person! However, you screw around with kids, cry and go to Bible camp, well come on over ya'll!!

• Love 8

I'll say it again--you would think with their superior morals they would not want to be on the network that has Nate and Jeremiah, Jazz, etc.  

You're not fooling us Duggar$. 

• Love 11
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Gothard and company take it to an extreme, but women have been getting this message for years, Even now, schools use the excuse that their dress codes are because certain clothes for girls distract boys in the classroom, but they don't say boys clothing is distracting for girls. What Gothard depicts as eye traps surely would be approved in any school setting, and almost anywhere else for that matter, but males blaming females for their sexual excitement is as old as dirt.

Oh, to be sure, but does it really matter what the woman wears (by which I mean, some men will ogle anything, and aren't posed by the likes of a chador)?  Hell, I lived in a neighborhood in Brooklyn for multiple years when it was all I could afford, where I was ready to look into breastbinding about weekly.  I never wore a skirt since the day I viewed the apartment and was catcalled mercilessly; never wore pants higher than mid-calf; and I'd have worn a windbreaker or hoodie every day until winter coats came back around, including the dog days of August, if I thought I could get away with it and not die of heatstroke.  

However, the difference is, these particular men are *supposed to be* Christian, and high-minded, and somewhat above it.  Their goal isn't supposed to be to get their leg over.  They have an actual incentive to tamp their excitement down and especially in situations where it's not appropriate, which would be "a lot of them, unless they're in an actual relationship or pending relationship with the woman"; but they're clearly not.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, AUgirl said:

I'll say it again--you would think with their superior morals they would not want to be on the network that has Nate and Jeremiah, Jazz, etc.  

They're on a network that used to broadcast a show about how sex sent people to the emergency room and a man with four wives. It's all about the Benjamins...

• Love 9
14 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Funnily enough, one of our Women's TV Channel shows Fixer Upper, so I've watched a few episode, since I love stuff like that. I don't particularly like the Gaineses though - he is childish and she is pushy.  I hope I don't offend any of you US lot, but goodness, american houses seem so flimsy. Ours are built of stone and mortar and bricks and can't just be done up that quickly. The way they just rip out anything is astounding.

Waco brings up memories of that horrible shoot out.........but it does look quite green and pleasant.

But buying such a crappy Tshirt is just....well.......the design draws attention to her bazookas. Which is fine really, if that's what she wants, but then, please do not blather on about modesty Madam! You are not modest.

On Sixx ? I love that show , especially in  combination with that other home flipping show (Tarek and Christina ) which usually starts with him saying the house in question only  needs a few repairs and then it's a full on termite infestation followed by lead paint disposal.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, lianau said:

On Sixx ? I love that show , especially in  combination with that other home flipping show (Tarek and Christina ) which usually starts with him saying the house in question only  needs a few repairs and then it's a full on termite infestation followed by lead paint disposal.

Yes! How do you know? Are you in Germany? It was by fluke I saw it but I got interested after reading about them. I actually googled a bit about their beliefs.

I really don't like evangelicals like them. They are smug and seem to think that only good things must happen to them.

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I really don't like evangelicals like them. They are smug and seem to think that only good things must happen to them.

That's how the evangelicals roll.  If something bad happens to them they are being "tested".  If bad things happen to others (liberals, feminists, gays) they are being "punished".

Edited by ariel
  • Love 12
On 6/4/2017 at 9:20 AM, JoanArc said:

What's the problem with #6?

On 6/4/2017 at 2:59 PM, ariel said:

What is the problem with #2?  All I can see is that the model has a short stylish bob hairdo.  That's probably taboo in Gothard land.

The pattern on #6's legs looks like she hasn't shaved her legs in a while.

For #6 I was thinking severe psoriasis? 

On 6/5/2017 at 0:47 AM, JoanArc said:

She was rollerskating backwards after baby 18 or so, and works out daily - on an elpitical. I'm sure she has osteoporosis, but it won't mess her up for a few more years yet. She's avoided stress for the past 20 years by letting her kids raise themselves, too. She eats reasonably healthy, better than the slop the kids get. All that said, her day of health reckoning is coming.

giphy.gif

She spares no expense, on herself.

Cassandra O'Brien, from a Dr Who episode.

On 6/5/2017 at 1:25 PM, PikaScrewChu said:

Plus the evil gayness, plus dude actually knows how to dress stylishly, plus he has actual warmth and tact and genuine concern for people's bridal-related needs.

• Love 2

Do y'all think Ben has been quiet on social media to memorialize all the negative comments from the past for the court case and not have recent ones that basically call him a jerk, that might muddy up the waters?

• Love 1

I wonder if Ben is doing summer school? I doubt he took classes last semester with a newborn to deal with. If he DID take a full load, then yeah, I get any FML expressions he might have. He also has toilets to clean to keep up the pretense of a job. 

• Love 4

A newborn, a toddler, a bitchy wife and a ball buster of a father-in-law? Yeah, I'd be permanently sporting an FML expression as well. If he hadn't been in such a rush to get laid he could be touring with Flame and his crew right now. 

• Love 24

Speaking of Flame, he liked one of my IG posts! He's rooting for the Cavs. I am not, but he took my prediction in stride (and it may pan out tomorrow - still Sunday on the left coast - night). 

Flame's the most chill of them all. Of course, he was only raised in crippling poverty around gangs, not a "loving Christian family." 

• Love 11
On 6/5/2017 at 7:12 PM, AUgirl said:

Yep. I expect at this point they'll take any bucks and/or exposure that arrives. 

MIght be fun to test that. 

On 6/7/2017 at 2:18 PM, MunichNark said:

Yes, and thats something i will never understand. It goes against everything ive ever been taught

Well, you didn't go to the SOTDRT, so obviously you were taught wrong. 

• Love 5

Now, let's get this one thing straight here, folks. The Duggar/Seewald/Dillard/Vuolo family should be taking money from the heathen TLC network and those heathen secular magazines because it gives them the opportunity to take money that's attached to sin and 'cleanse it" in their own hands. They will do Godly things with it, thus making it holy money for their personal use.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

IS that the first Henry smile we've ever seen? He probably just joined the lawsuit.

Here are six fresh pics of Grumpy Wilberforce without a smile.  It's almost like he is afraid of his mother.

0 0 1 a henry.png

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Here are six fresh pics of Grumpy Wilberforce without a smile.  It's almost like he is afraid of his mother.

0 0 1 a henry.png

He's getting cute! And I just see Bin, no Jessa at all, just Bin. 

• Love 9
(edited)
29 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

He's getting cute! And I just see Bin, no Jessa at all, just Bin. 

Funny - I see all Jessa in Henry. :)

This is Spurgie below. He definitely was more aware and the hair helps. They kind of look alike though.

spurgeon+5+months.jpg

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 2
(edited)

You know, when the Howler Monkeys were all little boys, from age 1 on, they all had clean-cut, shaved around the ears, back-combed, gelled and hairsprayed 1950's hair.  To be a good testimont to the lord, I'm sure!

I do wonder just how long Jessa will let Spurgeon grow his absolutely gorgeous curls.  Will she let him grow them to age 8 or later?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=0ahUKEwi57Pbb_rvUAhVCLmMKHQAGCiIQwqsBCCEwAA&usg=AFQjCNF1sHlk2z9QIx28jtvfnGP_UlkifA&sig2=OCVxOpFDoOppW-iYuTL-9A

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=0ahUKEwi57Pbb_rvUAhVCLmMKHQAGCiIQwqsBCCEwAA&usg=AFQjCNF1sHlk2z9QIx28jtvfnGP_UlkifA&sig2=OCVxOpFDoOppW-iYuTL-9A

Sorry, but I don't think think this link is working.  I googled bounty paper towel commercial curly haired boy.

Edited by louannems

I think it's kind of interesting that Ben always has short hair and Spurgeon has those long beautiful curls, while Derick had a man bun and Israel has super short hair. 

• Love 3

Ben's pretty vain. I wonder if he lets Jessa near him with the infamous Duggar clippers? I think they showed her giving him a haircut early in their marriage, but it was awful. Maybe he springs for a real barber now. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, louannems said:

You know, when the Howler Monkeys were all little boys, from age 1 on, they all had clean-cut, shaved around the ears, back-combed, gelled and hairsprayed 1950's hair.  To be a good testimont to the lord, I'm sure!

I do wonder just how long Jessa will let Spurgeon grow his absolutely gorgeous curls.  Will she let him grow them to age 8 or later?

Got an idea for the Seewalds: pretend that Spurgeon has taken Nazirite vows like Samson. Presto, no haircuts!

• Love 2
(edited)

Bin, Spooge and Henny are totally into a book that none of them have ever read before...

Will Peter escape or get the sharp end of the hoe?....

Bin would look better with the same frames but in clear...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 7
(edited)
9 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Will Peter escape or get the sharp end of the hoe?....

A cautionary tale if either of them try to make a run for it someday. Henry seems worried.

This is Jessa's Father's Day/ FU internet we-don't-just-read-bible-stories combo pic.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 6
On June 14, 2017 at 0:23 PM, BitterApple said:

I remember that and wasn't Jessa supposedly the one who was the family barber? Jill did a much better job when she scrapped Derick's man bun.

I really wish that Jessa could take a hike down to the local community college and study cosmetology. She wouldn't have to practice full time (gasp!) but I'm sure TLC would install a chair with the basics in her home somewhere, and she could do hair for fundies by request, as well as fundie weddings and events like that. Even if she just did it for friends, that would be a way to supplement ben's non-existent income without having to leave home! Geez, it annoys me that they can't see how many opportunities exist for them that would even be gothard approved!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I really wish that Jessa could take a hike down to the local community college and study cosmetology. She wouldn't have to practice full time (gasp!) but I'm sure TLC would install a chair with the basics in her home somewhere, and she could do hair for fundies by request, as well as fundie weddings and events like that. Even if she just did it for friends, that would be a way to supplement ben's non-existent income without having to leave home! Geez, it annoys me that they can't see how many opportunities exist for them that would even be gothard approved!

She thinks working is beneath her.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

5 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

She thinks working is beneath her.

....not to mention that she has no sense of style whatsoever.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, drafan said:

....not to mention that she has no sense of style whatsoever.

Making other women more attractive eats away at her one advantage in life - looking hLf decent compared to grumpier women. Can't take that away from her!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Of course, she might have to sit next to a classmate with green hair .... 

• Love 12

...especially in cosmetology school not sanctioned by unaccredited Christian colleges (looking at you, Clown College). Oh well, at least Josie Bates is insured that no scary green-haired people are in HER righteous, holy wig cutting class! 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

...especially in cosmetology school not sanctioned by unaccredited Christian colleges (looking at you, Clown College). Oh well, at least Josie Bates is insured that no scary green-haired people are in HER righteous, holy wig cutting class! 

And just think of all the lovely ladies walking around with long blunt cut hair with banana curls.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Jessa and Ben could make a fortune by getting on the merchandising train like the Kardashians.  They could put out  Jessa makeup kits, Jessa hair scrunchees, Jessa paperdolls, etc.  They're sitting on a potential gold mine and letting it go to waste.  I guess since they've probably never heard of the Kardashians or how they got rich, it never occurred to them to go that route. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

They're sitting on a potential gold mine and letting it go to waste.  I guess since they've probably never heard of the Kardashians or how they got rich, it never occurred to them to go that route. 

Do you mean a sex tape?  That's what started it all for Kim.

• Love 8