Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I find it strangely funny how people post on her instagram and FB accounts like they're best friends. I think how I feel about the leg humpers on there must be how the rest of the world percieves the US.

I can sort of understand it. People like to feel as if they're part of something, and if her followers are from similar backgrounds they're not exactly rolling in approved mainstreamed female lifestyle celebrities (I assume Lisa Whelchel is persona non grata since the divorce? And even if she isn't, as young as these folks are starting families, there are probably kids following the Duggars whose parents aren't old enough to have watched Facts of Life).

• Love 1

Lisa Whelchel got a divorce?? WOW

Ayup. Mama Hotsauce says she's learned from it that "It's a sad commentary of many Christians that we shoot our wounded" and that it's better to love than to judge people because we don't know their lives.

Who knew. 

• Love 9

Jessa has a bit of a gut in that pic.

I think Jessa's beauty turns on a dime. When thin, she looks pretty close to that Angelina Jolie look she supposedly craves. She hit that target in the run-up to the wedding. But I think her normal set point is a little higher than the wedding weight - and it only takes a few extra pounds to push her into that "too many carbs and too few vegetables" bloated look. As a feminist, I don't believe in weight shaming. But since DuggarWorld values women so heavily on how they look (since that's what gets them the other two brass rings: a man to marry and babies thereafter), I imagine Jessa is painfully aware of every pound that pushes her a little further from the Angelina goal. I hope her love affair with the mirror and her selfies won't cause her to compromise her pregnancy by obsessing about not gaining too much weight.

• Love 3

I think that is the same feeling that Gothard women have going from innocent, never-been-kissed, virgin brides to sex-on-tap-don't-ever-have-a-headache-dry-hump-on-the-minigolf-course wives in an few hours.

• Love 8

Derick and Jill have officially registered "Dillard Family Ministries".

I wonder if Ben and Jessa will follow suit?

Me thinks that Jessa will demand to live in the Mansion since Jill is going away. That will leave Grandma's house open for Josiah and Marjorie. Hmm Jessa having a baby and doing ministry----I don't see her giving up living in a real house, having food, etc. to go far away. For now the only ministry they will have is from their Macbook with Bin babbling about why we are all evil sinners or whatever the hell he writes.

• Love 4

So there is the big house aka the McMansion, Grandma's house, the Mold House (is that also grandma's house?), guest house, and the shed Ben used to live in - right?  Or are there more abodes?

Hmmm, remember when Jessa said she didn't want the big house because it was too much to take care of? How much do you want to bet she has Ben packing their bags as we speak?

I would be surprised if Jessa wants the McMansion, it has lots of room for a constant stream of visiting howlers and lost girls. Her reasons for preferring the smaller house were quite transparent and her comment about avoiding the work of a bigger place seemed like a peripheral reason, if not an excuse. It's got to be especially important now that her "overburdened" mother is stressed out and needs a respite to spend more time praying over that undelivered heart for children  or hanging out with her bestie.

• Love 1

I would be surprised if Jessa wants the McMansion, it has lots of room for a constant stream of visiting howlers and lost girls. Her reasons for preferring the smaller house were quite transparent and her comment about avoiding the work of a bigger place seemed like a peripheral reason, if not an excuse. It's got to be especially important now that her "overburdened" mother is stressed out and needs a respite to spend more time praying over that undelivered heart for children or hanging out with her bestie.

Good point, I didn't think of it from that angle.

• Love 2

I would be surprised if Jessa wants the McMansion, it has lots of room for a constant stream of visiting howlers and lost girls. Her reasons for preferring the smaller house were quite transparent and her comment about avoiding the work of a bigger place seemed like a peripheral reason, if not an excuse. It's got to be especially important now that her "overburdened" mother is stressed out and needs a respite to spend more time praying over that undelivered heart for children  or hanging out with her bestie.

Especially since Jilly Muffin, who did have the younguns over a lot -- including for sleepovers and help with schoolwork -- won't be around any longer to provide that safety valve for the TTH.

• Love 1

Well, Josiah and Marjorie can have the mansion.  Not because Jim Bob likes Josiah, but because Marjorie will always be ready to take in Howlers and Lost Girls.  Marjorie can put on a show at a moment's notice.  It would be quite the stage for the Duggar musical that I suspect Marjorie is staging in her head at this very moment!

I can TOTALLY see her pitching it to TLC!

• Love 8
(edited)

Wow, Riverblue, I think you nailed it! I'm not sure they'll get the McMansion, but you KNOW Marjorie is writing musicals, plotting parts like the Von Trapps, she goes to sleep every night dreaming of Duggarettes talented and putting on a show! She's got her work cut out for her...

Edited by Happyfatchick
  • Love 5

I actually hope that's true. With Jill leaving, it would be nice if the little girls had someone they could look up to who was actually excited to see them and planned fun and enriching activities for them. I loved playing SOUND OF MUSIC with my own sisters, and that would be such a huge and positive change from their lives now.

• Love 5

I think Jessa may have realized the benefit of the little house by now and may want to stay there. Less room, less room for guests. I don't think she wants to keep playing house with her mother's children. Now she is free to stop by the TTH and go home alone, cook for 2, and wake up with only her needs and Ben's needs awaiting the day. 

With that said, image-wise she may want the Mcmansion. Which will win out, practical Jessa or celebrity Jessa?

I don't know that Jessa not having room would keep her parents from dropping the kids off on her. She most likely has as much room as they had in their old house, and I've never seen anything from her parents to suggest that the kids living in overcrowded conditions means more to them than their personal convenience.

• Love 4
(edited)

Out and about at what looks to be Silver Dollar City, AGAIN (the fundie in the background gives it away). eta: I guess they could be at the Creation Museum. LOL

Really, when does Ben earn actual money from his FIL?  This source also claims that Jessa is not revealing gender to the public. That totally means that she has a special coming, even if there is no spinoff. 

https://instagram.com/p/4iHrhOFOS3/

Edited by Sew Sumi

https://instagram.com/p/4iHrhOFOS3/

If you click on The Duggar Sisters circle on that page in the link above, it opens up some more pics. There are 2 profile pics of Derick, before & after his dental work and orthodontia. Definitely some differences in the cheek & nose area.

When I clicked on duggarsisters, the Duggar family had an announcement that 19 kids will be back later in the year. It looks like the gravy train will continue.

Woa, Jessa is big. Looks like she's having a big baby.

She does look really big and still has 4 more months!

I think that when they say that the Duggars are returning on the twitter, it is wishful thinking. This is a fan account. Whoever runs it doesn't know any more than any of us do. 

To wit, I had to correct this account last week when they erroneously dated the Jerick anniversary pictures. They claimed they were taken the same day that everyone went to Silver Dollar City. I see that they have since taken those pictures down. Oops! :D

When I clicked on duggarsisters, the Duggar family had an announcement that 19 kids will be back later in the year. It looks like the gravy train will continue.

She does look really big and still has 4 more months!

I was thinking they meant there would now be a show called "The Duggar Sisters." 

Do they not sell decent bras in Arkansas? She looks like Britney Spears on one of her braless days.

Before the molestation scandal broke, there were a series of Duggar fashion and beauty clips posted on People.com. I can't find the clip now but one of the girls states that they only wear sports bras and it's a challenge to find them with a high neck.

I'm guess underwire is just another barrier between them and Jesus?

• Love 9

Before the molestation scandal broke, there were a series of Duggar fashion and beauty clips posted on People.com. I can't find the clip now but one of the girls states that they only wear sports bras and it's a challenge to find them with a high neck.

My brain cannot comprehend this statement. Bras are meant to support and not be seen. Most of the girls (including me) while I was high school always wore a camisole over their bra to "even" things out as it were and then wore a normal shirt. It's not rocket science. It's also more comfortable then having to cross your arms in front of your chest all day. 

• Love 7

If Jessa and Ben are really keeping the baby's sex a secret until it is born, I think that it adds further credence to the likelihood of a spinoff, or at least a one- off special. I have afeeling that certain things are being filmed or have been filmed already ( "gender" reveal party, ultrasound, etc.) just in case TLC decides to pick up a show. Also, in the event that no form of tv show is aired, they can always make $$ from selling exclusive pics and an interview to People.

• Love 1

It is interesting that she hasn't opened a free for all baby registry yet. Even without revealing the sex, there's still a lot to buy.

And I don't think she looks that big, pregnancy-wise, but she has put on a little more weight overall than Jill did, who lost quite a bit due to morning sickness.

• Love 2

She and my DIL are about the same far along (you'd be surprised to know English is my first language, with that sentence structure!). My DIL has a tiny bump comparatively. SHE thinks it's huge, but she's a little thing to start with (5 feet nothing). I told her Sunday, that's not a baby bump, that's indigestion! But we all carry differently. In fact, I carried all 3 of mine differently. The first one, I was a blob (and that's how I see Jessa, unfortunately), pregnant from my forehead to my knees. I used to joke that even the backs of my knees were pregnant. He was a boy. My girl stayed right in front like a cantaloupe and popped normally. The last one rode so high I thought I might throw him up instead of delivering vaginally. They're all different, I guess.

• Love 7
(edited)

My DIL has a tiny bump comparatively. SHE thinks it's huge, but she's a little thing to start with (5 feet nothing). I told her Sunday, that's not a baby bump, that's indigestion!

I'm also 5'0" and am currently 10 weeks pregnant. 

I actually had a coworker ASK me if I was pregnant, 2 weeks ago!- because I'm bloating so badly- so your indigestion comment made me laugh.

I was pretty darn shocked, because I was taught not to ask someone if they are pregnant unless you see the baby halfway out the hoo-hah!  8 weeks was MUCH earlier than I thought those comments would come up; and I'm down 10 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.

So Jessa may or may not have a large baby like her sister.  She may be bloated, it may be baby.  Everyone is different.

Arkansas is hot and humid; half the population probably has cankles right now.

Edited by Skittl1321
  • Love 4

When someone posted an old pic of the J'slaves, I was surprised that Jessa was a chubby teenager. I think she's gained weight all over as opposed to Jill who was all stomach. She also looks like she's spreading wide versus straight out the way Jill did with Iz.

Did the girls say why they only wear sports bras?

(edited)

This may be harsh and appalling, but in the proposal episode, when Jessa walked into the glass and timber church, I thought she had cankles then. I mean, not Hillary Clinton 'piano legs', but their flat shoes and genetics don't do anything for their legs.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

I think all of the girls have thick ankles and wrists. Most of them also have square hands. (If they hadn't done mani-pedi episodes, I wouldn't have noticed! This is why you are supposed to stay focused on your countenance!

• Love 3

I am about 99.9% sure that they said finding TANK with a high enough neck was the challenge. :) I don't recall them talking about bras, like, ever. That would be immodest! 

• Love 1
(edited)

Just saw this on that Donaldson guy's feed. Does this confirm that Benessa are moving into the McMansion with new furniture? He implies that they are the ones shopping. We also know Smuggar has his own stuff; most of the DC house was furnished with the stuff they brought from AR and added more to fill the larger space while in MD.

This was taken on Sunday. 

https://instagram.com/p/4emWq9xhMT/?taken-by=joe_donaldson_1

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

Oh Skittl1321, people are so rude! You wouldn't believe many of the things I've heard in the last few weeks from my coworkers and I'm 39 weeks. It's amazing I haven't been fired for stapling someone's face!

I don't think Jessa looks exceptionally large, but she does seem to be someone who is gaining weight all over, not just in her belly.

• Love 2

You'd think Jill would leave her pregnant sister a couch, or something. Not like she'll be using that furniture on her mission.

I'm sure Jessa will take the McMansion. She went on national TV as a victim-but-its-not-so-bad, she deserves an upgrade. Every real-life princess needs her castle. She's gotta move fast before some ungrateful howler snatches it up.

• Love 5

You'd think Jill would leave her pregnant sister a couch, or something. Not like she'll be using that furniture on her mission.

I'm sure Jessa will take the McMansion. She went on national TV as a victim-but-its-not-so-bad, she deserves an upgrade. Every real-life princess needs her castle. She's gotta move fast before some ungrateful howler snatches it up.

Plus it would come furnished with all that stuff the Dillards grifted.
  • Love 1