Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Sorry- not very clear. I think Jessa asked only Jordyn to be her flower girl because, she, Jessa, knows how important and special it can be as a small child to have moments where you are singled out and seen for yourself, not just lumped in as, "The Littles" as Michelle calls them or "the youngest Duggar girls who's names I can't keep straight," which is probably how most of us see them (when we aren't calling them "the lost girls.")

I also liked that she used Jordyn-Grace's full name. That was very thoughtful too.

And because Jordyn was her buddy, there was a graceful way to say to all the other girls why Jordyn this time and not them. I bet there was some arguing, but I think this was nice, actually, and I say this as someone who grew up one of three girls born very close together, so I know how tricky it can be.

• Love 8

I think Jessa asked only Jordyn to be her flower girl because, she, Jessa, knows how important and special it can be as a small child to have moments where you are singled out and seen for yourself, not just lumped in as, "The Littles" as Michelle calls them or "the youngest Duggar girls who's names I can't keep straight," which is probably how most of us see them (when we aren't calling them "the lost girls.")

I also liked that she used Jordyn-Grace's full name. That was very thoughtful too.

And because Jordyn was her buddy, there was a graceful way to say to all the other girls why Jordyn this time and not them. I bet there was some arguing, but I think this was nice, actually, and I say this as someone who grew up one of three girls born very close together, so I know how tricky it can be.

GEML, thank you for the clarification.

I have to say, that the little bits of info that are coming out about Jessa's wedding make me like her a lot more. She's shown some independence, and some real emotional sensitivity.

I'm also a little surprised at how much the girls seem to be in charge of their own weddings. JB and J'chelle are so controlling that I am amazed that they wouldn't just push through rules like "all sisters over 12 are bridesmaids," "all sisters under 12 are flower girls," "all boys over 12 are ushers," etc.

• Love 4

I think it's pretty pathetic that Ben and Jessa will move into the warehouse after marriage.  Does this warehouse have a kitchen and bath?  This just sounds like the plan of really immature people.  If he can't afford a home for them because he's going to school then maybe they should postpone marriage until his graduation or until he can get a decent paying job, and meanwhile continue to live in the warehouse alone to save money. Unless this is a shotgun wedding, it just sounds like a really immature plan.

• Love 2

I think it's pretty pathetic that Ben and Jessa will move into the warehouse after marriage.  Does this warehouse have a kitchen and bath?  This just sounds like the plan of really immature people.  If he can't afford a home for them because he's going to school then maybe they should postpone marriage until his graduation or until he can get a decent paying job, and meanwhile continue to live in the warehouse alone to save money. Unless this is a shotgun wedding, it just sounds like a really immature plan.

Where did you learn that they'd be doing this?

• Love 2

Wow, are they definitely moving into the warehouse? I really hope not. Bin is a long way off from graduating college (if he's even legitimately attending). Unless they start earning their own income from the show, it's going to be a rough road for those two, especially if Boob isn't helping them out.

• Love 1

GEML, thank you for the clarification.

I have to say, that the little bits of info that are coming out about Jessa's wedding make me like her a lot more. She's shown some independence, and some real emotional sensitivity.

I'm also a little surprised at how much the girls seem to be in charge of their own weddings. JB and J'chelle are so controlling that I am amazed that they wouldn't just push through rules like "all sisters over 12 are bridesmaids," "all sisters under 12 are flower girls," "all boys over 12 are ushers," etc.

I guess I see them as only being in charge of the parts Michelle and JB don't care about. Sure they can decide on the bridesmaids, whether to wear shoes and what to serve for dessert. But they are still subjected to inviting 1000s of people they don't know even when they want 'simple', required to make a spectacle of their first kiss even when they wanted to do it in private (yes they got private but Mom and Dad make a fool of themselves), have chaperones on their wedding day, had to be on TV, have to live where they are told, have to marry an 'approved' guy, etc... I figure if they were allowed to pick something it's because it wasn't involved in the 'Look at me" Michelle and JB show.

• Love 1

I guess I see them as only being in charge of the parts Michelle and JB don't care about. Sure they can decide on the bridesmaids, whether to wear shoes and what to serve for dessert. But they are still subjected to inviting 1000s of people they don't know even when they want 'simple', required to make a spectacle of their first kiss even when they wanted to do it in private (yes they got private but Mom and Dad make a fool of themselves), have chaperones on their wedding day, had to be on TV, have to live where they are told, have to marry an 'approved' guy, etc... I figure if they were allowed to pick something it's because it wasn't involved in the 'Look at me" Michelle and JB show.

I'm pretty sure JB and Michelle consider decision making for the wedding details non-essentials. They've shown that they're really only concerned with controlling the essentials like the ones you listed above. Although, I'd add marital counseling to the list. Ugh. :)

I saw the People picture and I think Jessa wore a regular, non-altered dress.  In blush!  It was very pretty.

I think Jessa really scored with this dress. It looked very elegant and loved the way it looked with Ben's attire.  I also like that Ben's clothing did not look two sizes too big for him.

Jessa's dress looks like this one:

http://www.allurebridals.com/products/M524

From the people article:

He then spoke to the crowd for several minutes about the couple's decision and asked Jessa's parents Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar to show the wedding crowd a kiss.

Glad to see MEchelle and Boob had their moment in the spotlight. tacky, tacky.

This is disgusting.  Simply disgusting.  Maybe Boob and MEchelle should demonstrate sex on stage as well, in lieu of the married couple.  I hope the audience was supplied with styrofoam barf cups since no bags were allowed in the church.

From Pickles and Hairspray.  Jana, Jill and Joy were also bridesmaids. 

f4f04285258d153eea93.jpg

I'm happy Jordyn got a moment in the spotlight without Miracle. 

• Love 2

I don't disagree with any of this. I guess I should have said that I am surprised they were allowed to make ANY choices about their weddings.

I could easily see them forcing the girls to wear J'chelle's old dress, or a dress that Jana made, or whatever and then insisting that they "chose to" do so the same way they "make their own rules" about courtship as long as their rules are exactly what JB and J'chelle say they are.

In that same vein, they have plenty of crepe paper and poster board lying around and they could tell us that the girls *wanted* to have the lost girls make their decorations. The girls all *insisted* that their brothers and sisters sing at their weddings. They think it would be *fun* if all of the bridesmaids wear the same dresses for all of the weddings -- a new family tradition! And so on.

It's not just about cheapness, either, it's about control. They control every single facet of their children's lives. It's part of their system that the children are not to have and self-identity, or any autonomy. They are expected to share everything (like another poster, I wondered what J'chelle was talking about when she mentioned Jessa "packing"). They all love to play violin, all love to share beds and dormitory style rooms, all love to ride around the country making appearances and have their lives filmed, etc.

So, as I said, I was surprised by even the little bit of individuality that they were allowed to express.

• Love 8

I think Jessa really scored with this dress. It looked very elegant and loved the way it looked with Ben's attire.  I also like that Ben's clothing did not look two sizes too big for him.

This is disgusting.  Simply disgusting.  Maybe Boob and MEchelle should demonstrate sex on stage as well, in lieu of the married couple.  I hope the audience was supplied with styrofoam barf cups since no bags were allowed in the church.

I'm happy Jordyn got a moment in the spotlight without Miracle. 

Great now I need eye bleach.....ewwwww

• Love 2

I really hope that they didn't leave mid ceremony to kiss and then come back for the rest bc then you've got 1000 fundies going "oooh they're kissing back there" as if they are a bunch of 7th graders; much easier if you just kiss whenever you leave the ceremony and before you head to the parking lot for the reception. And why did there need to be a kiss demonstration - they have seen kissing before from both parents, they just (supposedly) haven't done it themselves. My bet is that they did exchange a few smooches during the whole courtship, and even if they didn't -- I'm willing to bet that at least Ben has kissed someone else before. Fundie or not, no way a guy who looks like that makes it through his preteen and teen years without at least 1 kiss.

Ben is a bigger guy than Derick, so I feel like he had a wider range of suit options and colors that would look good on him. In retrospect Derick should have gone with a darker suit or at least a better fitted one, as his light gray/beige really showed off how skinny, non-muscular and pale looking he is.

It's gross how much the Duggars have emphasized sex. I actually find myself thinking -- 24 hrs of marriage, I bet they've gone at it a few times by now; after all Ben is only 19 and doesn't need that much time before going again.

• Love 1

I think Bin and Jessa's wedding party was a nice mix of Duggars, Seewalds and friends. I'm glad she included Josiah and didn't feel obligated to include every Duggar under the age of ten. Personally I hate tons of small children in weddings. I was a bridesmaid in one where my friend chose to have four flower girls under the age of five. Two of them ended up throwing tantrums walking down the aisle and basically ruined the entire procession. Less is sometimes more, IMO.

• Love 1

One of the problems of coming from a world that not only dismisses but actually prohibits imagination is that you never learn how something will look or be in real life, but can only duplicate something else. You saw a lot of that during Jill's wedding, when she had a lot of ideas from Pinterest, but they simply didn't play out as beautifully in real life. (Easy example - altered bridesmaid dresses.)

But I do think Jessa had some real sense of individualism (which is why, I think, she comes across as cold or odd - in comparison to her family, she is.) So I'm actually interested to see what her wedding looks like. There is always, within these worlds, the "trendsetter" and weddings for the next couple of years will duplicate that. I'm curious to see if Jessa is that.

Edited by GEML
  • Love 5

I don't disagree with any of this. I guess I should have said that I am surprised they were allowed to make ANY choices about their weddings.

I could easily see them forcing the girls to wear J'chelle's old dress, or a dress that Jana made, or whatever and then insisting that they "chose to" do so the same way they "make their own rules" about courtship as long as their rules are exactly what JB and J'chelle say they are.

In that same vein, they have plenty of crepe paper and poster board lying around and they could tell us that the girls *wanted* to have the lost girls make their decorations. The girls all *insisted* that their brothers and sisters sing at their weddings. They think it would be *fun* if all of the bridesmaids wear the same dresses for all of the weddings -- a new family tradition! And so on.

It's not just about cheapness, either, it's about control. They control every single facet of their children's lives. It's part of their system that the children are not to have and self-identity, or any autonomy. They are expected to share everything (like another poster, I wondered what J'chelle was talking about when she mentioned Jessa "packing"). They all love to play violin, all love to share beds and dormitory style rooms, all love to ride around the country making appearances and have their lives filmed, etc.

So, as I said, I was surprised by even the little bit of individuality that they were allowed to express.

I agree with this... Control is the main factor in everything they do so you are right - it's surprising they release any kind of control. 

• Love 1

I think Bin and Jessa's wedding party was a nice mix of Duggars, Seewalds and friends. I'm glad she included Josiah and didn't feel obligated to include every Duggar under the age of ten. Personally I hate tons of small children in weddings. I was a bridesmaid in one where my friend chose to have four flower girls under the age of five. Two of them ended up throwing tantrums walking down the aisle and basically ruined the entire procession. Less is sometimes more, IMO.

Whereas I'm the exact opposite. My ring bearer threw a tantrum right before I was to march and my flower girl got so excited during the rice toss that she ran into a glass door thinking it was open and I had to postpone it until I could take time to make sure she was ok. But these were my youngest cousins and it was important that they be part of the wedding.

I also had a groomsman pass out from the heat, so it's not only children who cause a commotion! ;)

• Love 4

Whereas I'm the exact opposite. My ring bearer threw a tantrum right before I was to march and my flower girl got so excited during the rice toss that she ran into a glass door thinking it was open and I had to postpone it until I could take time to make sure she was ok. But these were my youngest cousins and it was important that they be part of the wedding.

I also had a groomsman pass out from the heat, so it's not only children who cause a commotion! ;)

Awww.... I'm typically with you on this... the kids are part of the family so they should be there. When my brother got married he wanted my daughters in the wedding (I had 2 at the time) one was 5 and the other only 16 months. I wanted to say no so badly about the 16 month old but was told by my mother that I was being selfish. It came back to bite me in the butt. She was still nursing (she had stomach issues and it was easier for her to digest) so I had everything planned - when she'd eat, nap etc. The Bride was 2 hours late and I just couldn't do it so she didn't walk down the isle. She was just too exhausted and messed up after having to wait so long for the wedding. But of course it wasn't the bride's fault. I still get grief about her being unable to walk in the wedding. 

I don't know - Jessa doesn't strike me as "shabby" or "vintage" and I'd be willing to bet as far as she was able, she'll put some real "chic" in it. Maybe not by secular standards, but by theirs.

• Love 1

16 months IS too young, and the point of children in the wedding is that NO MATTER what happens you roll with it. That's the whole point!

And it does seem to be a recent thing about late brides. I don't get that, in the same way people don't get putting on full course dinners. I may understand the punch and cake set, but I walked down the aisle a few minutes late (because some guest had parked in the space that clearly said "RESERVED FOR BRIDE") and felt badly about it.

At least the Duggar weddings seem to have started reasonably on time. But at Jill's wedding even Jana was quite casual about being late for everything.

And one report said Jessa's wedding service was an hour. Um....ok...it's a Protestant service with no full mass communion like a Catholic wedding, so what on earth was THAT about? That must have been some kiss!

• Love 1

Oh wow!!! I just saw a commercial for a new pizza from Papa Johns ( I think - I mostly noticed the pizza) - Frito Chili Pizza.... sounds like the menu for the next Duggar Wedding.

And one report said Jessa's wedding service was an hour. Um....ok...it's a Protestant service with no full mass communion like a Catholic wedding, so what on earth was THAT about? That must have been some kiss!

An HOUR?!?!??!  what on earth were they doing? As a Protestant, those are the weddings I'm used to. Few hymns, vows, few words from the Pastor (not a sermon) and done. (with a kiss :-) ). I've only been to a couple Catholic services... VERY long but I can't imagine why a Protestant service needed to be that long. Guess it was a long talk on the mechanics of a kiss... completely with a demonstration. ICK... that makes me cringe.

• Love 1

Oh wow!!! I just saw a commercial for a new pizza from Papa Johns ( I think - I mostly noticed the pizza) - Frito Chili Pizza.... sounds like the menu for the next Duggar Wedding.

and Taco Bell is featuring a burrito. Jess is right on tread.

• Love 1

But it's shabby CHIC.  Yeah... I'm not into it either. 

Fixed it for you:

But it's shabby CHEAP.  Yeah... I'm not into it either. But Boob is.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 3

One of the problems of coming from a world that not only dismisses but actually prohibits imagination is that you never learn how something will look or be in real life, but can only duplicate something else. You saw a lot of that during Jill's wedding, when she had a lot of ideas from Pinterest, but they simply didn't play out as beautifully in real life. (Easy example - altered bridesmaid dresses.)

But I do think Jessa had some real sense of individualism (which is why, I think, she comes across as cold or odd - in comparison to her family, she is.) So I'm actually interested to see what her wedding looks like. There is always, within these worlds, the "trendsetter" and weddings for the next couple of years will duplicate that. I'm curious to see if Jessa is that.

And, if I can add to that, imo, Jessa naturally has more style than Jill. I see Jessa as the glam sister, Jana is the one with classic and timeless good taste, while Jill is practical and kind of a dud. Jill often says how she depends on her sisters to tell her what looks good, and I believe that applies to how she dresses, fixes her hair/makeup, and the way she decorates her house.

And the reason Jill's ideas didn't translate well was due to the venue and her lack of good aesthetics knowledge and execution. I hold out a bit more hope for Jessa's wedding. It looks like so far she's at least not doing the vintage Pinterest thing, thank goodness.

• Love 2

As for Ben's brown shoes and navy suit, it's a thing.  He just didn't pull it off very well.  Once again, Jeremy Roloff achieved the look flawlessly in his wedding attire. 

lpbw-jeremy-audrey-wedding-05.jpg

Everything about the Roloff wedding was flawless....well, I have a few little nit-picks (LOVED the bridesmaids' dresses but felt they needed to be a tiny bit longer)  and I never thought I'd use the words "flawless" and "Roloff" in the same sentence, but TLC needs to show that  episode to every other TLC spawn that wants to include a wedding. I was really impressed.

Since Mullet was Mrs. Tinman in June, maybe she was Mrs. Scarecrow this time around. Wouldn't take much.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 5

A full mass Catholic wedding is an hour long so is weekly mass. We don't think anything of being there that long.

My friend married a Greek and their wedding was 2 hours long. For that I don't think I have the patience for.

• Love 1

Loving the posts about Papa Johns Frito pizza and Taco Bell's Frito burrito. My apologies if I offended anyone yesterday about Frito Pie -- I'm in no position to judge. And looking back at some of the posts I made yesterday I did come off a bit judgemental and I apologize.

My husband is a huge fan of Fritos (me, not so much), and he without a doubt would be all over a Frito Pizza and Burrito. And in fact had Fritos Scoops and bean dip watching football this afternoon. He'd have probably enjoyed himself at Jessa and Ben's rehearsal dinner.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 3

Loving the posts about Papa Johns Frito pizza and Taco Bell's Frito burrito. My apologies if I offended anyone yesterday about Frito Pie -- I'm in no position to judge. And looking back at some of the posts I made yesterday I did come off a bit judgemental and I apologize.

My husband is a huge fan of Fritos (me, not so much), and he without a doubt would be all over a Frito Pizza and Burrito. And in fact had Fritos Scoops and bean dip watching football this afternoon. He'd have probably enjoyed himself at Jessa and Ben's rehearsal dinner.

I'm laughing about it but I too am the last person who should judge. I like plenty of those kinds of foods. Personally I'd never serve them at a wedding but that's just me. I'm hardly the 5 star high-brow. We had sandwich platters, soup and veggies trays at our rehearsal dinner and it was held in someone's home. 

• Love 2

I am sure we will know where they are living soon. We have yet to hear.

I tried to reserve judgment on this mess for several days. I can't.

The dress was gorgeous and Jessa, like Jill, looked stunning because all brides look gorgeous no matter what. I thought the color of Jessa's dress was fantastic. It suited her.

I didn't like Bin's outfit. It fit well. It just looked pieced together and scrambled.

I don't know how to feel about the decision not to kiss on the alter. At first, I thought"good for them". Keeping that private seemed like something appropriate. But, then, the more sources I read and the more I heard from someone who was there....the more I now sense it was the preachers doing and sort of a fark you to all the sinners of the world. It's the whole, "even at the later, we're more modest" than you thing. Apparently, the post recessionary sermon was about honoring Christ by maintaining modesty and keeping even socially acceptable and traditional at arms length because it's a slippery slope and defrauding. It's n one t good enough to keep that virginal moment for marriage, now you should keep it for God and your spouse only. I wonder if this will be the new line in the sand? But, it's hypocritical because instead of Jessa and Bin defrauding the audience, Jim Bob and Michelle did it.

Mike Schott? The guy who married them is the guy that runs SOS ministries. He's the same guy who hosts the Duggars in Nicaragua.

I doubt they will be moved into the loft room over the storage facility. There was too much shit on their registry. I'm wondering if they'll take Josh's old house OR move into Grandma's room? That'd be awkward. Someone suggested that there was a small guesthouse/cabin/trailer on the Duggar compound that wasn't their earlier this year. Maybe that's it?

Edited by wanderwoman
  • Love 1

I just wonder if a group of us could tease our hair, put on a faded denim skirt, wrinkled top and flip flops and crash the wedding?

I think about weird shit late at night when my insomnia hits.

Thanks so much for a good laugh...I can just see all of us schlepping into the church in those outfits + old flipflops.  But I've got very short hair (sorta like a pixie cut)...would they toss me out for that?

• Love 4

I agree. Its those kinds of mishaps that make the best memories and stories to tell later on.

• Love 2

I think most of the recent weddings have been in the 1 hour range.  What we saw on TV of Jill's wedding was edited down.  I think TFDW and Priscila's was almost 1.5 hours long.  I'm curious about the pouring sand thing.  Didn't they do that on Sister Wives for some ceremony or other? Must be some other Pinterest thing I'm not familiar with.  Loved her dress--it was beautiful. Horse and buggy was also a nice touch. I guess People/TLC will be dribbling out pictures later this week in advance of the next magazine issue hitting the stands. I'll reserve judgment on Ben until I see the entire wedding party. And kudos to them for a private kiss.  Chances are good she'll be coming back from that 3 week honeymoon pregnant.  Jill managed it in only 2 weeks.

I don't know how to feel about the decision not to kiss on the alter. At first, I thought"good for them". Keeping that private seemed like something appropriate. But, then, the more sources I read and the more I heard from someone who was there....the more I now sense it was the preachers doing and sort of a fark you to all the sinners of the world. It's the whole, "even at the later, we're more modest" than you thing. Apparently, the post recessionary sermon was about honoring Christ by maintaining modesty and keeping even socially acceptable and traditional at arms length because it's a slippery slope and defrauding. It's n one t good enough to keep that virginal moment for marriage, now you should keep it for God and your spouse only. I wonder if this will be the new line in the sand? But, it's hypocritical because instead of Jessa and Bin defrauding the audience, Jim Bob and Michelle did it.

If this becomes the new Gothard standard, I think JB will be out of there ASAP. Christianity in his world is all about Jesus wanting him to grope his wife in public as often as humanly possible. No one is going to take that away from him.

I don't think Ben and Jessa will be living in the warehouse. They have a television show to think of, and the optics of that would be really bad. A trailer on the property seems reasonable, but I will guess a small house. My guess right now is that JB has purchased a small house for the Duggar trust that he will allow them to live in rent free for a few years. It would make sense for him to have a small house that he could cycle daughters through over time. It would keep Jana and Jinger at home (they can't court until the house is vacant), and would allow him to maintain control even though, nominally, he has transferred "headship."

That would also explain the long honeymoon -- they are away while JB and sons complete work on the new house.

ETA There is also the possibility that a newly married Jessa (or, less likely Ben) could start showing signs of independence. If they say, or do, things that JB doesn't like, it's a lot easier to prevent filming in a house down the road, than at the TTH.

Edited by cmr2014
  • Love 2

Mike Schott? The guy who married them is the guy that runs SOS ministries. He's the same guy who hosts the Duggars in Nicaragua.

Well darn... that was something I was so happy to hear. I hated the 'Duggar kiss" in the form of Michelle and JB but I thought the actual decision to make their kiss private was from Jessa and Ben because they wanted to be alone for that - not this insanity. If this is true, then that blows my happiness about this. I mean really, what exactly are they afraid is going to happen if they see someone kiss? Is anyone really turned on by a wedding kiss????? They say you are "defrauding" someone if you cause feelings in them that they can't fulfill. These must be the horniest people on the planet if just a kiss stirs feelings in them. Good grief. And what about the Michelle and JB kiss? Is that ok because watching old married people kiss isn't as arousing? Or is that supposed to be like watching the way God would kiss, because they are so amazing, so it's a holy kiss - therefore it doesn't cause the guys to pitch their tent? 

This is just getting out of control. They are playing a sick game of keeping up with the Duggars... who can be the most "pure". I will withhold judgement on this as far as Jessa and Ben goes. Its really impossible to know if they came up with this newer version of purity or if some combination of Mich/JB an the minister forced this on them with some sort of "We saw how it went at Jill's wedding and think that God really wants this'.  I doubt they would have the gumption to stand up to that. What I suspect is that Jessa and Ben wanted to kiss after the wedding and Mich/JB and the pastor came up with the rest of this crap to make them seem extra Godly. 

• Love 3

Everything about the Roloff wedding was flawless....well, I have a few little nit-picks (LOVED the bridesmaids' dresses but felt they needed to be a tiny bit longer) and I never thought I'd use the words "flawless" and "Roloff" in the same sentence, but TLC needs to show that episode to every other TLC spawn that wants to include a wedding. I was really impressed.

Since Mullet was Mrs. Tinman in June, maybe she was Mrs. Scarecrow this time around. Wouldn't take much.

The Mrs. Scarecrow look would go well this time of year & since she already has the dry straw-like hair......

A full mass Catholic wedding is an hour long so is weekly mass. We don't think anything of being there that long.

My friend married a Greek and their wedding was 2 hours long. For that I don't think I have the patience for.

My niece & nephew were attendants in a Greek wedding last year. My niece (who isn't used to wearing heels) was so afraid she'd pass out from standing in one place for so long but everyone made it through OK. I'm Methodist & I think our wedding ceremonies last 20 minutes tops. I find it interesting how the wedding ceremony differs with each religion.

My daughter & son in law did the "mingling of the sands" at their wedding. But they just had a Justice of the Peace and a very low-key wedding, and the whole ceremony probably didn't take but about 20 minutes.

I hadn't heard of the 'mingling of the sands' (I got married a LONG time ago) so I googled it. It looks beautiful. With my luck I would spill the sand everywhere. After all I dropped my bouquet while standing at the alter. :-)

• Love 2

I feel sorry that these girls had no real choice for their music. That was really important to me. I'm old so forgive me. I heard a song on the radio on my way home today called the wedding song. It's very . Spiritual in meaning and is such a beautiful song for a wedding. I feel so bad that those girls had no real choice in such a lovely and special choice. Amazing Grace is a funeral song, not a wedding song for young and in love people at the beginning of their lives.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 2

Thanks so much for a good laugh...I can just see all of us schlepping into the church in those outfits + old flipflops.  But I've got very short hair (sorta like a pixie cut)...would they toss me out for that?

Noooooo.........that's why God created extensions! ;)

• Love 2

I wonder what MEchelle thought that Josie wasn't a flower girl. I'm glad Jordyn got to be one & for once, she got to be in the spotlight.

I thought it would have been nice if they had mentioned Grandpa Duggar & MEchelle's parents in the program. Even tho they weren't physically there, a little mention would have been thoughtful.

Totally agree. One of my brothers got married 5 years after my mother died [Dad had died the year before]. He and his bride mentioned my parents throughout the service. I believe there was also a special prayer mentioning them and other family members [mostly grandparents] who'd played a significant part in the bride and groom's lives but had also passed on. They were bittersweet moments but very touching too...

I think that guy is a fraud and a total creep. I has suspicions after watching the episodes that he was on and looked him up. 

I just looked at the program on a link a few pages back.... Why is there something on the program after the Recessional? It has all the normal things I'd expect.. then the Benediction, presentation of Mr/Mrs, and Recessional.. That's usually the end of the wedding but then it says Gospel Presentation. Does that mean they did a sermon AFTER the wedding and if so, where were Jessa and Ben (not to mention the bridal party) during that part?