Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

I first saw it in the theater with my parents when it first came out. It was the very first VHS tape I ever bought, now I have it on DVD and we still watch it every damn time it's on TV.   I tell my husband that he's not my daddy, he'll tell me "I'm the next best thing to your daddy, I'm your husband and I say you ain't never riding it, ever", then I tell him he's just jealous because I ride it better than him.   We're such dorks, we can pretty much recite the whole movie. And we always call each other Bud and Sissy (or Dan and Roseanne if that applies, lol). 

So sorry. I went waaaaaay off topic. I just love this stupid movie. 

You two sound a lot like Mr. Natalie and me!  HA!  I saw it in the theater as well when it first came out.  Love the soundtrack and I am NOT a country fan normally.

Now if next season we see Bin take up bullridin' and driving a big truck it will be life imitating art!  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Now if next season we see Bin take up bullridin' and driving a big truck it will be life imitating art

Abe from Breaking Amish already went there with bull riding and truck driving, but Rebecca seemed to keep the house pretty clean.

• Love 1
On 10/26/2017 at 6:58 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Thanks, Jocelyn.  Good suggestion. Brush with a long pole makes a difference. Used to be, many scrubbing brushes had a hole you could fit a broom handle in. They have mysteriously disappeared and are pricey if you do find one on Amazon. Oxyclean products are great, but I found something else that works even better.

We were a serious multi cat household after I stopped fostering. There’s a product called ECO-88 that I discovered for getting urine smell and all kinds of pet and body stains and odors  out.  I was out of Clorox spray, so I sprayed some on my filthy grout and it foamed up and I wiped it off and the results were amazing.  Went over it with the Shark to get the rest of it off and give it a good sanitizing stream.  Beeyooteeful. 

Vinegar is wonderful for taking nasty smells out as well and freshening drains and removing lime scale.  Just remember it’s acidic and can corrode metal if you don’t rinse. Get the stronger white vinegar for pickling.  Cats hate vinegar so rinse or wash anything of theirs you’ve attempted to salvage well.

Vinegar and baking soda are such basic, fantastic, tried and true, cheap and cheerful for freshening and cleaning homes. Since Duggars are all into all that old timey old fashioned stuff, you’d think that Jessa would easily use any of these to keep her home clean and fresh. 

How does it work on shower soap scum? Asking for a friend. 

4 hours ago, Catfin said:

How does it work on shower soap scum? Asking for a friend. 

It works REALLY well.

I do find Dow Scrubbing Bubbles Mega Foamer to do a good job of it too, but if you have issues with fragrances or lingering fragrances, ECO88 has no discernible fragrance.   

• Love 2
4 hours ago, PinkyCupcake said:

I hope Jessa reads here. She (and Ben) could use a few tips.

I don't know. Do you think what she'd learn about cleanup techniques would balance out the extra mess they'd have after her head exploded? 

She couldn't ban anybody here. And we say some very mean things about her parents. 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Marigold said:

What an epic parenting fail for Michelle and Jim Bob.

By their own sexist patriarchal standards of "women doing women things" Jessa cannot cook or clean. 

By "worldly standards" she is uneducated and lacks basic common sense/skills that the rest of us have. 

Oddly enough, the only thing that jessa does seem to do well is she loves her kids and is a hands on mom, the ONE thing Michelle did not teach or model for her. 

Such a mish mosh of Duggar Dysfunction!  

Spot on. Except I have my doubts that Jessa is a stellar mom. We see she has happy and engaging kids and we see the pictures she stages. What we don't see could paint a very different picture of what kind of parent Jessa is.

• Love 15

Out of all the Duggar Dysfunctional Members, I think Jessa and Ben are decent parents. I could be wrong but on video, Spurgie looks pretty happy and emotionally attached to his parents. 

I suspect, deep down, that jessa knows her own childhood was severely lacking for so many reasons. I'm hoping she is trying to break that cycle by giving her kids what she never got. 

As a homeschooler myself, I am curious to see what the Seewalds do with schooling. You know Jessa will post the shit out of homeschooling on social media.  I'd like to see what style and approach she uses.  I'm betting that miserable SOS computer crap won't be involved. 

• Love 8

I was reading about Jessa's IG post on another website and people were actually applauding her for keeping real. I felt like I was in the twilight zone!

Jessa's home is gross. I know single mothers with very little help who can manage to keep their home clean. That pile of diapers probably reeks!  The Seewalds have the money and means to keep their home clean. Ben and Jessa are just nasty and the fact that they have two kids doesn't mean anything to me.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I've got 18 month old twins. My house is always neat and clean. Yes, there are toys around. But my bathrooms are sparkling clean, my sheets are always clean, my bed is always made, my kitchen is always clean unless I'm cooking, my house is always dusted and my girls are happy, clean and well taken care of.  And you won't find a dirty diaper in my house. They're always bagged up and taken out to the trash can outside as they happen. And with twins, it happens fast. Jessa is a slob. Period.. Even when my husband was deployed for 6 months earlier this year, and I was left alone with two infants, everything got done. It's called working on it and having a routine.

Wow. Individually bagging every used diaper? You must go through a lot of plastic bags. I personally would be satisfied if Jessa just used a diaper pail instead of the top of her dresser, changed her sheets when her kids puke on them, and kept her kitchen and bathrooms clean enough to meet basic hygiene requirements. The lack of dusting, disorganized rooms and unmade beds are not things I feel very judgy about. 

Edited by mynextmistake
  • Love 9

A bed being made is a thing of mine. When my daughters could make their own, and were capable of cleaning their rooms somewhat, I told them making their bed counted as their room being 75% done. We all have our thing, lol.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Wow. Individually bagging every used diaper? You must go through a lot of plastic bags. 

I should have been more specific. Poopy diapers get bagged and outside immediately.  Wet diapers are in the regular trash can in the bathroom, and those bags are out at the end of the day. 

• Love 4

I still think, 22 years later, that the Diaper Genie was one of the best gifts we ever received. Every diaper went straight in there and there was truly no smell at all. And emptying it was painless because each diaper has been individually wrapped in plastic. Probably not great for the environment, but we loved it. I would like to send one to Jessa but it might not help. You do actually have to put the diapers in it, rather than leaving them lying around on your furniture.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

still think, 22 years later, that the Diaper Genie was one of the best gifts we ever received. Every diaper went straight in there and there was truly no smell at all. And emptying it was painless because each diaper has been individually wrapped in plastic.

My Diaper Genie must have been defective, then, because it smelled foul by the end of the day. It was used, a gift from a friend, and by the end of the week I went back to taking out poopy diapers immediately and emptying the diaper pail at the end of the day.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

Jessa's home is gross. I know single mothers with very little help who can manage to keep their home clean. That pile of diapers probably reeks!  The Seewalds have the money and means to keep their home clean. Ben and Jessa are just nasty and the fact that they have two kids doesn't mean anything to me.

My sister was a divorced mother of two working two jobs and her house was NEVER as bad as Jessa's. There might have been some toys on the floor and a basket of laundry waiting to be folded but she never had diapers piled up or weeks worth of grime on her stovetop. I agree Jessa and Bin are just nasty. Clutter is one thing, filth is another. They're firmly rooted in the filth category. 

• Love 14

I just can't get past Jessa took a picture of the diapers and posted all twelve of them piled up on sm like it was some weird badge of honor for her being such a great mom.  Just so clueless and nasty.

• Love 23

Jessa's house is unhygienic....big difference from needing to be 'straightened up.' She has a very small house....absolutely no reason in my book that it's in the condition it's in. She's been taking too many trips to WACO.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I should have been more specific. Poopy diapers get bagged and outside immediately.  Wet diapers are in the regular trash can in the bathroom, and those bags are out at the end of the day. 

Ok, that makes sense. I was thinking you must be pretty dedicated to be going out to the garbage can multiple times a day in cold North Dakota (I'm in a cold Northern state too so I can relate). 

Nysha, We got a fantastic Arm & Hammer diaper pail at Burlington (which has a surprising number of quality baby supplies for very little money) that twists the bag shut every time you dispose of a diaper, and has a baking soda puck in the top of the lid. I can't say enough about this diaper pail... no smell, no exposed-waste related hygiene issues, and I only have to change the bag every couple days. 

Edited by mynextmistake
  • Love 5

I was thinking that Jessa made almost 2 years before giving us a taste of her true clueless self as a parent/homemaker and Jill only made it a few months when she posted pictures of crying Izzy rolled up in a towel. It makes wonder what other things they do that they think the rest of humanity does as well.

• Love 17

Do they have a random Jesus Word generator app that they just throw in names and it spits out a message filled with God word salad?

I don’t even watch this show and I could have written that...it’s that generic and rife with Duggar cliches.

• Love 24

Benessa's anniversary congratulations from Mom & Pops Duggar has to be the absolutely worst one they have posted yet. Absolutely awful. Yes, I agree that their post described Benessa's life together more as a ministry team rather than a marriage between two people who are sharing their lives together. Filled with the same old canned phrases....can they think of NOTHING to really say to their daughter and son-in-law? For heaven's sake, she lives right there ....Jim Bob & Michelle should know more about their day to day lives...considering Jessa is always at her parents' house.

I'm shaking my head in disbelief.

• Love 14

That is what happens when you don’t know your children/their spouse, and don’t care. Jessa is one of 19 kids, Bin one of 5 in laws, the boys 2 of 9 grand babies. But going on 200!!!!!!!! Assholes 

• Love 20
On 10/29/2017 at 4:25 PM, Marigold said:

Out of all the Duggar Dysfunctional Members, I think Jessa and Ben are decent parents. I could be wrong but on video, Spurgie looks pretty happy and emotionally attached to his parents. 

I suspect, deep down, that jessa knows her own childhood was severely lacking for so many reasons. I'm hoping she is trying to break that cycle by giving her kids what she never got. 

As a homeschooler myself, I am curious to see what the Seewalds do with schooling. You know Jessa will post the shit out of homeschooling on social media.  I'd like to see what style and approach she uses.  I'm betting that miserable SOS computer crap won't be involved. 

I am a homeschooler as well. I often wonder what all the Duggar children will do with their children. I do not believe any of them are well educated. Not only are they not educated to their full potential, they have absolutely no common sense. 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Benessa's anniversary congratulations from Mom & Pops Duggar has to be the absolutely worst one they have posted yet. Absolutely awful. Yes, I agree that their post described Benessa's life together more as a ministry team rather than a marriage between two people who are sharing their lives together. Filled with the same old canned phrases....can they think of NOTHING to really say to their daughter and son-in-law? For heaven's sake, she lives right there ....Jim Bob & Michelle should know more about their day to day lives...considering Jessa is always at her parents' house.

I'm shaking my head in disbelief.

JB and M care for no one except JB and M. Full stop. 

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, SMama said:

That is what happens when you don’t know your children/their spouse, and don’t care. Jessa is one of 19 kids, Bin one of 5  6 in laws, the boys 2 of 9 grandbabies. But going on 200!!!!!!!! Assholes 

Fixed for you. ;)

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2

I swear Boob and Michelle's well wishes are like a Fundie version of Mad Libs. Blah blah blah servant's heart blah blah love for the Lord blah blah invests in the lives of others. All they have to do is remember to insert the right names. 

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

I think they have a template.

Dear (Jill/Jessa/Jinger/Joy) and (Birdbrain — conveniently works on all 4 SIL),

Happy (first/second/third/fourth) Anniversary! We are so (pleased/proud/happy) to see you (growing/living/embracing) your faith in Jesus and your (love/affection/poorly-concealed disdain) for one another. You are a (sweet/precious/incredible) couple whose (faith/devotion/discipleship) is an example to everyone. We (love/enjoy/look forward to) your visits with your children (Israel/Samuel/Spurgeon/Henry/Fetus)*. We are so (glad/grateful/blessed) that God laid it on your hearts to marry.

(Truly/Sincerely/Respectfully),

Mom and Dad

*Alternate Wording for Jinger — We look forward to the time when you reject your Godless days and start embracing your Christian duty of delivering one child a year until you reach menopause).

I think they forgot to throw in the part about being excited to see what God has in store next!

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

I knew I forgot something! That and a sentence about the seasons of life.

And no JB and Michelle canned statement is complete without the phrase “servant’s heart”. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Jessa. If you have time to put on six pounds of makeup, you have time to shlep the nasty diapers to the trash.

The End.

AND she has time to put the banana curls in her hair every day, which is no small feat!  

• Love 5

Anniversary Message From Jessa!

November 1, 2017

Dearest Benjamin,

I thought we'd reached the pinnacle of our love on this day, three years ago... but since then, you've taken me from the mountain top up into the clouds! Darling, I love you more today than ever before. 

Sure, we worked through our squabbles and disagreements, like anyone else. But because of your meekness and gentleness in the midst of trials, I always come out loving you even more. 

God is constantly opening my eyes to the many blessings, big and small, that I've received through you...and my heart overflows with gratefulness. 

The greatest blessing is the visible evidence that Christ is truly your treasure. When I wake in the wee hours of the morning to tend to Henry and you're not beside me in bed, I know that you're already up reading and studying your bible. 

Many a time I have walked into the spare bedroom and discovered you there, kneeling beside the bed, in prayer... and it's brought tears to my eyes. 

I have loved our recently developing family devotions, as you lead us in prayer and reading the word. And though I laughed a bit and felt a teeny bit awkward at first, I'm now especially loving the aspect of singing together, with the boys, in family worship. 

You have a love for learning, and your ever-expanding library makes this quite evident. When an Amazon prime package shows up on the doorstep, it's almost always another book. I love that you share what you're learning with me, whether it's an excerpt from one of 9Marks new books or a link to a DesiringGod article. I love it when we break out into theological discussions and the back and forth of opinion that follows. Your words are engaging, and you draw out my perspective on things. 

You have a discipling mindset-- one that wants to see fellow believers grow and flourish in their relationship with Christ.  Conversations with you are spiritually driven and exhorting in nature. I love listening in. You're so passionate about the gospel. 

You are my calm when things are going haywire. Over and over, I've heard you say, "It'll be ok, Babe, just take a deep breath." And it's just what I've needed at that very moment. You know when I'm stressed you whatever to help lighten my load.  

You're a very detailed person, and your work is very meticulous--no matter what you're doing. For instance, you iron, I don't... ok, maybe I do, like twice a year.   

Ok, can I brag on your cooking skills for a min? How is it that you can think up recipes off the top of your head, and they actually taste good? I, on the other hand, try to be a cool chef... so I substitute sour cream when we run out of milk for the pancakes. It's dairy, right? No, that was not ok. You love the challenge of making a complicated recipe. I don't. I dump dressing on greens, and that's my salad. You gather 14 ingredients and spend 20 min throwing together an amazing Greek salad that tops any Mediterranean restaurant around. 

You're my motivator for lifestyle habits such as healthy eating and working out. I definitely eat wayyy less McDonalds french fries and cheeseburgers now. Haha! They just taste so good! Hey, and you even gave up our original steakhouse idea and treated me to whopper from Burger King on last year's anniversary... because I hadn't had one in years, and it was a "pregnancy craving". 

Dinner dates with you are great, and I love that you get me out of my comfort zone and encourage me to try new things. I am a creature of habit, but you rarely ever order the same thing twice. I remember one dinner date early in our marriage, finishing my food quickly... because I eat rather fast. And then I looked over, and there you are, taking your time. You told me "I like to really enjoy my food--savor the flavors." Seeing your food there, I felt I had room for a few more bites, so I grabbed my fork and took a few nibbles.

You: "Uhh Babe, are you still hungry, 'cause we can order you some more food?"

Me: "No, not much. It's just sorta romantic to snatch bites of food from your plate, ya know? I don't do this to anyone else!" 

You were so kind to oblige. 

"Aww, well you take as much as you want, Lovey." And you still offer me bites of your food to this day! I know it may sound dumb, but that really makes me feel loved. This is one of those little things that I just love about you. The underlying reality is bigger than a bite of your steak or sip of your Mocha latte. Maybe it's connected to the feeling a girl gets when she wears her guy's t-shirts, or when he offers her his jacket on a cold day. Thanks for these little selfless expressions of love. 

You're one of the most down-to-earth and humble people I know. I love that we have fun and laugh together. I love your made-up jokes and your cheesy play on words. You have me laughing out loud all the time. I genuinely love your sense of humor. 

The list of the things I love about you is endless. I am forever being reminded of just how incredibly blessed I am to call you mine. 

Happy anniversary, Benjamin. 

I think the world of you!

Love,

Jes

Jessa's anniversary message to Bin. Her writer did a good job, used lots of big words and good phrases.  

• Love 19