Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Did any of these kids ever even take a drivers ed course?

You mean in the high school they never went to, or their parents paid for from a company??? Hahahaha...yeah right ;-)

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jessa posted tons of baby Jinger pictures. She must really be missing her, she is always posting throwbacks of them both. Jinger not once has posted Jessa on her page.

Interesting. You'd think that Jinger would post more Jessa pics since she was the "follower" of the pair, but I think the truth is that Jessa needed Jinger more than Jinger needed Jessa.

• Love 4

Sometimes the leader misses the follower more than the follower misses the leader.  That's how my sister and I are.  I miss her like crazy when she's away at school but I also miss "leading her" and being needed.  It's comforting to have those roles established but very strange when there's a shift.   Plus I worry about how she could possibly survive without me! ;-) 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 14

In the picture of Jinger's first birthday ... Jinger is spelled with a G.

So either someone else not close to the family made the cake and didn't know they spelled Jinger with a J (thought it doesn't look the it's hired out or even store bought), or they changed the spelling of her name after her first birthday to conform with the J-theme.

Hmmm.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Jessa posted tons of baby Jinger pictures. She must really be missing her, she is always posting throwbacks of them both. Jinger not once has posted Jessa on her page.

Maybe, by showing all of those (adorable) baby pics, Jessa wants to suck Jinger into having baby fever, so she'll get pregnant. Yeah, I'm cynical like that.

• Love 10

I think that Jinger is one of the most popular members of the family with the public. She and Jana, but the website is Free Jinger. I think all of the Duggars want to piggyback on the popularity. In the video where they congradulate Joy on her pregnancy the one photo is of them kissing Jinger on her wedding day. 

I also got the feeling the last few seasons that they have been trying to sell us on how close everyone is, because that's what their fans want to believe. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

2 hours ago, McManda said:

In the picture of Jinger's first birthday ... Jinger is spelled with a G.

So either someone else not close to the family made the cake and didn't know they spelled Jinger with a J (thought it doesn't look the it's hired out or even store bought), or they changed the spelling of her name after her first birthday to conform with the J-theme.

Hmmm.

I noticed the G!!

• Love 1

Wouldn't it be nice if Jessa was looking at the pictures with just the two of them, and thinking how her boys might benefit from being the only two children she has for a while, so they can all enjoy each other without more kids clamoring for her attention.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, McManda said:

Most likely a store bought/ bakery cake, and the decorator went with the normal spelling of Ginger... Michelle would have had six young kids and been eight months pregnant at the time, so I doubt she was making the cake. 

Jessa's slideshow of Jinger is just odd... felt like a tribute to someone who died or something!

17 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Most likely a store bought/ bakery cake, and the decorator went with the normal spelling of Ginger... Michelle would have had six young kids and been eight months pregnant at the time, so I doubt she was making the cake. 

Jessa's slideshow of Jinger is just odd... felt like a tribute to someone who died or something!

That's a sloppy as well as ugly store-bought cake, if it is. It looks homemade and home-decorated to me. My guess is a non-Duggar made it and didn't know it's Jinger with a J. Or Mullet made and decorated it and forgot how to spell #6's name. :P 

• Love 3

New theory, Jessa has been posting old pictures of her and Jinger, because TLC know that the Dullards are a creepy dead end that no one wants to see, so this is paving the way for a story line where Jessa misses her beloved best friend sister so much, that she and Bin pick up and go to Texas for a while.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Spurge is so freaking cute. 

I don't know what to make of all those throwback pictures. I think maybe Jessa is feeling a little left out. 

I love it when toddlers want to push babies (or dolls!) in the stroller.  They really think they're helping and grownup, haha.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I prefer the spelling Ginger. 

Me too.  Or at LEAST spell it with two J's, if you're so frigging stuck on J names.  Jinjer.  

Who wouldn't think it rhymes with singer, or ringer?  Be consistent, for heaven's sake.

Of course, Miss Jin never had to face the HORROR! of a real school, or the real world, where her name would be pronounced incorrectly ALL the time.

I believe the green monster of envy has visited dear Jessa.  All she has to look forward to is her mother's life, right under Boob's thumb.  

• Love 11
20 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Me too.  Or at LEAST spell it with two J's, if you're so frigging stuck on J names.  Jinjer.  

Who wouldn't think it rhymes with singer, or ringer?  Be consistent, for heaven's sake.

Of course, Miss Jin never had to face the HORROR! of a real school, or the real world, where her name would be pronounced incorrectly ALL the time.

I believe the green monster of envy has visited dear Jessa.  All she has to look forward to is her mother's life, right under Boob's thumb.  

I'm thinking Jessa has also found out that going from one to two kids creates a hugely different dynamic. Most go into the first pregnancy expecting big changes in the family. Most folks that I know, myself included, had kind of a, "What's one more" attitude anticipating the second child. It can be a tough adjustment to the second baby. If Jessa is truly home alone with those kids at all, she most definitely has moments of envying Jinger.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm thinking Jessa has also found out that going from one to two kids creates a hugely different dynamic. Most go into the first pregnancy expecting big changes in the family. Most folks that I know, myself included, had kind of a, "What's one more" attitude anticipating the second child. It can be a tough adjustment to the second baby. If Jessa is truly home alone with those kids at all, she most definitely has moments of envying Jinger.

I am one of three, and my mom has always says that it was a much bigger adjustment going from one to two than two to three. Going from having to constantly supervise one small child to two makes the equation more complicated.

• Love 4
On 8/31/2017 at 7:18 PM, Kokapetl said:

Yay.

But the Yay was quiet because Jessa reads here (Hi Jessa !!!)  and Spurgie hasn't been weaned off the Yays yet.

Hopefully those Jinge pix aren't to show Babe what their expected arrival might look like ....ugh.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 4
On 8/31/2017 at 10:36 PM, Heathen said:

That's a sloppy as well as ugly store-bought cake, if it is. It looks homemade and home-decorated to me. My guess is a non-Duggar made it and didn't know it's Jinger with a J. Or Mullet made and decorated it and forgot how to spell #6's name. :P 

I think Meeechelle made the cake, too. Looks like a cake she'd come up with. About half an inch high. Splayed out on tin foil. Apparently decorated with a shovel. .....

As for the spelling, she was probably thinking about her old boyfriend, George. And Gerald. And Greg. And Glen.  ..... I'm sure that was JB's thought, at any rate. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

As much as I loathe the name they gave that poor little guy, I can't get over how happy and stankin' cute he is!

He's a little doll!  I love all babies and toddlers anyway, but he may be the all-around cutest little boy I've ever seen, and seems sharp-as-tack too!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

The funny thing is, they have no idea their kid coincidentally resembles a kid who portrayed the son of Satan... 

Has Spurgey not freaked out on his parents yet when approaching a church building?

Jess has yet to take a picture of that & post it.

50 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

'Blood and sin? That sounds like a nice pleasant song to teach a toddler....

The whole family loves that gruesome song. What's wrong with 'Jesus Loves Me' or 'This Little Light of Mine'?

• Love 21
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

The whole family loves that gruesome song. What's wrong with 'Jesus Loves Me' or 'This Little Light of Mine'?

This is a different "blood" song. The one they love so much is "It's in the Blood."

• Love 1