Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Response to Ben's tweet:

Dani @Pickles_n_chees·Aug 10

Replying to @BenSeewald

No Ben - dont do it. Just let @derick4Him take the heat. Twitter is only big enough for one twitionary (twitter missionary).

• Love 10

Spurgeon is adorable.  He is one of two wanted children born to parents who still give him attention and guidance in the proper way to eat.  Josie has broken my heart since the episode where she was  having a seizure while her waste of space breeders were off at some conference or doing something that would get them more attention than taking care of a child/blessing that they so selfishly brought into this world while going for number 20.  This was not her first seizure.  I think it was Jackson, but it might have been another of the younger Jboys, noticed she was showing signs of an upcoming episode.   Jana told the paramedic the seizure had lasted 10 minutes.  Who knows what else is going on that causes her to have delays.  She was a micro-preemie with most assuredly little to no follow up care.  And no one has taken the time to show her the right way to act in so many areas of daily life.  These children deserve so much better.  

The show was season episode 16: "Nesting and Room Re-do"

• Love 6

S. Elliot is very cute, but...I cannot believe they use disposable tableware, any of them!  Piled up, HOW much trash do these beyond selfish people use in a year?

Shame on them.  All of them.  Despicable.

What an example of selfishness.  Would Jesus approve?  My guess would be no.

• Love 17

Granted, I've gotten a tad overprotective since becoming a grandmother, but...isn't he too young for plastic cutlery? I've snapped a tine off many a cheap plastic fork.  Swallowing something so sharp could end badly. 

Edited by Portia
  • Love 3

Looks fine to me. It's pretty sturdy looking for a plastic fork, and the ends are probably blunter than a metal one.

Edited by kalamac
because I swear I know the difference between a fork and a spoon
  • Love 4

In all my years I've never come across a plastic fork with blunt tines 

1 hour ago, kalamac said:

Looks fine to me. It's pretty sturdy looking for a plastic spoon, and the ends are probably blunter than a metal one.

• Love 3

He really looked so cute enjoying his spaghetti.  Josie's breeder parents should be ashamed of themselves that Spurgeon who isn't even 2 yet doesn't eat with his fingers but uses utensils.  

Just so so everyone knows, I'm not making fun of Josie because she's not responsible for where she is developmentally and it's cruel to mock a child.  She's seven now and still eats food that isn't finger food with her fingers. Rewind to the episode when Jeremy ate the Eye-talian dinner at Chez Duggar. 

• Love 14
30 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

He really looked so cute enjoying his spaghetti.  Josie's breeder parents should be ashamed of themselves that Spurgeon who isn't even 2 yet doesn't eat with his fingers but uses utensils.  

Just so so everyone knows, I'm not making fun of Josie because she's not responsible for where she is developmentally and it's cruel to mock a child.  She's seven now and still eats food that isn't finger food with her fingers. Rewind to the episode when Jeremy ate the Eye-talian dinner at Chez Duggar. 

Responding in the "Other Duggar" thread

1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Their personal chef, of course. I believe his name is "Chef Boy-Ar-Dee."

Fun fact: He was a real person. Real name was Ettore Boiardi. Lived in Cleveland (well, Parma, I think). I actually went on a date with his grandson. ONE date.

Might have been Chef Stouffer's, also a real person from Cleveland.  Being from Cleveland and having actually lived in Parma as a young kid, I actually knew about Chef Boiardi although I've never met any relatives, let alone dated one.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Might have been Chef Stouffer's, also a real person from Cleveland.  Being from Cleveland and having actually lived in Parma as a young kid, I actually knew about Chef Boiardi although I've never met any relatives, let alone dated one.

I met Chef Boiardi years (eons) ago when I was a child. He was bigger than life and looked just like his picture on the label. He used to spend part of the summer at the Jersey shore at a boarding house frequented by Italians. My aunt and uncle also spent the summer there and I was spending a few days with them. It was a lovely rambling home within walking distance of the beach and they served the best Italian food. Funnily enough, years later I moved to Parma for my husband's job. Spent a few years there and loved it. The  people were so friendly and helpful and no one made fun of my Joisey accent.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

This has to be one of the worst applications of the metaphor I have ever read. Isn't her husband a "biblical scholar?"

Stick to babies and spaghetti dinners, Seewalds.  Leave the heavy lifting thinking to the grownups.

• Love 17

I think Ben has it all wrong here. God is not meant to be FEARED, but respected. There is a difference. I don't think Ben realizes that.

The whole way of life for the Duggars and perhaps Ben's family's way of thinking is all based on fear,....fear of everything and everyone that is not exactly believing and living like they are.

Not Godly, IMO. Didn't Jesus love and interact with ALL? Yes, He did, and so should we.

• Love 15

From Jessa's comment:

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! 2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits

Did anyone else hear these words sung in Lynne Thigpen's voice?  Just me?  Mkay.  (Theatre nerd)

I wonder what the Duggars would think of Godspell or Jesus Christ Superstar.

Edited by magpye29
thread relevance
  • Love 10
23 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

um ... NO!

He was weird!

I don't even think I lasted the whole evening. His only "claim to fame" was grandpa. Got old fast. 

He was a friend of my cousin's fiancé. She was in the "if I am in love and happy, then everybody I know has to be in love and happy." Dude was weird. That is all.

• Love 2
On 8/18/2017 at 1:57 PM, Sew Sumi said:

This has to be one of the worst applications of the metaphor I have ever read. Isn't her husband a "biblical scholar?"

I skimmed it and as an ex-IFB, what jumped out at me was the Twitter Jazz debacle.  I think she is trying to throw shade using a Bible verse, which Jessa has done before. 

• Love 1
On 8/18/2017 at 1:26 PM, floridamom said:

I think Ben has it all wrong here. God is not meant to be FEARED, but respected. There is a difference. I don't think Ben realizes that.

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." -- Proverbs 9:10. Almost every translation, even the folksy populist ones, uses "fear" in that verse. Only one uses "awe" instead. Fearing the Lord may not be a popular sentiment among the secular crowd, but it's a pretty solid interpretation of Ben's faith based on the text he considers sacred. I think sometimes people get (understandably) caught up in the many smug, hypocritical, or annoying things these people do, and are prone to forget that Christians do believe certain things that are different from mainstream, secular Western thought. Not every unpopular thing the Duggars and Duggar-adjacents spout is their own personal nonsense. Some of it is rooted in centuries of faith and tradition. Some.

• Love 5

Hope this isn't blasphemy but I am an ebil Catholic who as a child never read the Bible. We didn't even have one until I was a teenager..In 12 yrs. of Catholic school, I don't remember much about the  Old Testament except that God wrought havoc on a lot of people. Lots of fire and brimstone. . The Duggars religion is straight out of the Old Testament.  Every verse they quote states if you don't fear God this or that will happen. What about Jesus? I was taught that Jesus is a kind and loving God, He loved children, helped the sick sheltered the homeless. He walked the earth doing good deeds. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they consider Christ as their personal savior. Maybe, they should read the New Testament and they may start to feel the love of Jesus instead of the fear of God.

As an aside, I am in awe of all you posters who are so knowledgeable of biblical matters. 

• Love 7

I also grew up an evil Catholic and DID attend mass weekly, attend CCD classes, did read the bible. I don't recall much discussion at all about the Old Testament. It was focused on Jesus and the New. I am a bit shocked now to find that other Christians spent so much time on it.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm not getting how. They agree about all of this stuff. 

I'm sorry I wasn't clearer. 

I think Jessa is just criticizing 2017, with the LGBT issues, Jazz and everything else thrown in.   She's attempting a warning to society. 

"God is not mocked" sounds very threatening to people who don't agree with her God/god.  Gal 6:7-8.  She is laying it out there...don't mess with the Bible and God's word. 

The she moves into Psalms which talks about blessing God and the mercy that we will receive because of it. Touches on salvation from our sins. 

(I wish I could mark up Jessa's verses! Can you see me making a crazy diagram?!)

I see a warning of "you sow what you reap. You people are making a mess and don't be surprised when it bites you in the ass. If you repent and believe, God will be merciful. If not, He will unleash His anger" 

Jessa has done this before with Bible verses.  The one that I remember most was when some woman said she walked in on Jessa and Ben having sex during the reception.  The story got a little traction and Jessa posted a Bible verse about not repaying evil with evil, or something of the sort. Very slick. 

Jessa is not a random verse poster. I've noticed she has something she wants to say and uses a verse to do it.  She is not confident enough to tweet her opinion. She hides behind a verse and leaves people to figure it out. 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm not getting how. They agree about all of this stuff. 

I don't doubt that Jessa absolutely agrees with Derick on the subject of transgender people, etc. but I also don't doubt that she disagrees with Derick's decision to publicize that stance especially with regards to dissing a TLC show.  Jessa is all about the show and keeping that gravy train running and she probably thinks Derick jeopardized all of their futures when he went on Twitter and announced it to the world.

• Love 14

Okay @Marigold, I got that part. That's why I posted it to begin with; she was getting all judgey-faced again.  I thought you meant she was throwing shade at Derelict, not society at large. My bad. :)

Edited by Sew Sumi
had to add Marigold for clarity since post snuck in right as I hit enter.
  • Love 1

Looks like Spurgeon has plenty of age appropriate toys to play with.  In 19 kids and counting,. I don't recall any kids playing with actual toys. Just indoor scooters, trikes, bikes and the indoor playground.

• Love 10