Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

noticed that Guinn wished Ben a happy birthday on her FB page & used an old pic dated 12/2015. What's up with this? Jessa not allowing visits, JB not allowing visits? I mean it's not like he has a job and can't find time to visit the parents. Of course Jessa would have to go & she may not be on board.

Dear Ben,

Derick posted 25 things he loves about Jill.  You're slacking and Jessa is gonna be PISSED. Better write another goofy love note and cut back on the mangled theology. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Dear Ben,

Derick posted 25 things he loves about Jill.  You're slacking and Jessa is gonna be PISSED. Better write another goofy love note and cut back on the mangled theology. 

Here comes Bin's list of 26 things he loves about Jessa. All in flowery cursive of course. 

• Love 8

So she posted old stuff, but nothing from today (still his birthday on the west coast). Hell, there were scads of pictures from Jessa's baby shower, which was filmed. I am VERY wary. 

• Love 3
(edited)

No social media posts from today? Shit, they're totally filming. If Jessa and Bin just celebrated with a quiet dinner we'd see  a picture of them sharing a melted sundae or canoodling over their Chik Fil A. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6

Jessa couldn't have included a family picture of the three of them?  Hmmm....we have just one with Ben & Izzy, one with him & ?unknown Duggar, two by himself & FIVE with Jessa Blessa.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think those are anti-nausea pressure point wrist bands.

Who is the female who clearly does not want to be in the photo?

Looks like Blessa with her hair over her shoulder, as is her wont these days. 

Aylissa Bates Webster is such a breath of fresh air! She ADMITTED that she had to chop her hair because of the maintenance. Her hair is more like mine, straight and fine, and she's never been able to grow it very long. Good on her for at least recognizing this and posting this shocking pic wearing capris to boot.

Jessa is wearing her hair up and/or back a lot lately. Will she ever get it? Her mother got off because the JSlaves were forced to take care of the on-going spewing of spawn since they were six years old. If there are no Izzy or Spooge slaves to follow for the next few years, will their mothers cut their hair because they actually have to take care of multiple kids?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Steven Anderson (aka The Pissing Preacher) and Zsu had yet another baby. This time there was no pretend twin. 

Anna's sister, Esther, is in labor in Zambia. Sometimes her labor takes weeks because of the radiation from Japan (100% serious.)

Because that makes total sense....

• Love 3

Pregnancy and labor with these folks is like a competition. Jessa was "showing" within days of finding out she was pregnant and her labor was supposedly 48 hours, yet she posted a picture of herself eating ice cream at a restaurant the day before.

Michelle seemed to get pregnant within the first year or so of each kid. It is surprising that at least Jill is not pregnant. And Jessa is at the 6 month mark. I wonder if she will stop nursing without having an older child to pass the baby on to. I also wonder if they know that nursing decreases the likelihood of having a period and getting pregnant.

• Love 2
On 5/20/2016 at 7:29 PM, HooHooHoo said:

Here comes Bin's list of 26 things he loves about Jessa. All in flowery cursive of course. 

He's probably at the Wal-Mart picking out a piece of jooooooooolery, too.

I'll bet it costs at least $19.99.

• Love 4

No doubt since nobody here has posted onJessa since Saturday, I'll bite.

Her empty vapid little head must be exploding at the lack of attention she's getting. No doubt she'll attention whore herself out by re releasing wedding photos or some other non story to keeping herself relevant as the Talking Head for the Duggar Clan.

• Love 6

Yet another picture posted of an unsafe use of the prison chair. I'm sure Jessa is standing right next to him, but still, he could flop onto the floor. Those chairs are meant to be placed on the floor.

In the episode where Ben and Jessa were packing for Dangerous America, four month old Spurgeon was left alone, on the couch; they both had their backs to him.

3 minutes ago, louannems said:

Yet another picture posted of an unsafe use of the prison chair. I'm sure Jessa is standing right next to him, but still, he could flop onto the floor. Those chairs are meant to be placed on the floor.

In the episode where Ben and Jessa were packing for Dangerous America, four month old Spurgeon was left alone, on the couch; they both had their backs to him.

That kid is so cute. He is just the happiest little boy. haha. Jessa is right there, she's very close to him filming, so it's all good. I don't understand these chairs though. How do people use them? Put the baby in them and plop them on the floor? Wouldn't a high chair work better? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, sometimesy said:

That kid is so cute. He is just the happiest little boy. haha. Jessa is right there, she's very close to him filming, so it's all good. I don't understand these chairs though. How do people use them? Put the baby in them and plop them on the floor? Wouldn't a high chair work better? 

I read that the point was to allow an infant that can't support itself yet to sit up right. Good for feeding solids I guess.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Almost 3000 said:

I read that the point was to allow an infant that can't support itself yet to sit up right. Good for feeding solids I guess.

Better than Michelle's method. She was once filmed while feeding Jordyn(?) baby food. The baby was on her back on the couch.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Better than Michelle's method. She was once filmed while feeding Jordyn(?) baby food. The baby was on her back on the couch.

and wasn't using a big ol' wood spoon and a can peas or am I mixing up feedings. I always think it is particularly clueless that they do this crap on the show. I said this just recently but if they want to be examples of their faith they should be careful to watch their Ps&Qs so that the conversation doesn't become about the dumb shit they do.

• Love 4
On 5/20/2016 at 7:34 AM, Barb23 said:

Jessa couldn't have included a family picture of the three of them?  Hmmm....we have just one with Ben & Izzy, one with him & ?unknown Duggar, two by himself & FIVE with Jessa Blessa.  

My best guess is that the little girl in the bottom of the nine photos is a Seawald and one of Ben's sisters. He is the oldest of seven kids and they look alike.  She doesn't look like any of the Duggar daughters somehow.

Derrick posted 25 things he likes about Jill for her 25th birthday. Jessa would only need 21 things, since it's Ben's 21st birthday. Wonder if they got a drink? (Probably not, but maybe just for show or the show or whatever!

• Love 1

I just happenstanced upon the Jimmy Swaggart channel. His grandson, who is maybe 30, is what Ben aspires to be. I watched him fling his bible and  nonsencical strawman debates for about five minutes before I couldn't take it anymore. Heaven help us if Ben gets a similar platform to spew/rap his hate. 

• Love 8

Yes, Sumi, Heaven help us! 

Bin wants to preach in a fresh new style...it consists of a rap in the form of a Biblical rant, and dropping his Bible in the fashion of a rapper "dropping the mike" to make his point (if there is one).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

The poor kid inherited Ben's cankles and lack of discernible wrists. That trait comes straight down from Guinn. 

Jessa has cankles too. Spurgeoning had no hope. 

• Love 6

Agree that the spurge is adorable and jessa seems really to like (love?) him.  She seems way more motherly than Jill or Michelle

I think this is her one redeeming quality. I still don't like her, but I'll give her credit for this.

• Love 11

Agree that the spurge is adorable and jessa seems really to like (love?) him.  She seems way more motherly than Jill or Michelle

This is something I find really fascinating, because if you'd asked me a year ago which of the two sisters would be a more nurturing mother based on how they handled their buddy teams, I'd have said Jill, hands down. Jessa never came across as nurturing or motherly, just bossy and a bit mean. Her buddies didn't seem too cut up over her marrying and going away either whereas Jill's buddies, poor Jenni especially, were clearly heartbroken.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Vaysh said:

This is something I find really fascinating, because if you'd asked me a year ago which of the two sisters would be a more nurturing mother based on how they handled their buddy teams, I'd have said Jill, hands down. Jessa never came across as nurturing or motherly, just bossy and a bit mean. Her buddies didn't seem too cut up over her marrying and going away either whereas Jill's buddies, poor Jenni especially, were clearly heartbroken.

I agree. I wonder if this is a baby verses child thing. And maybe Jessa is surprising herself. I also wonder if Jessa is getting all kinds of help. It's a lot easier to be an attentive, loving mom, when you're eating meals that someone else has cooked and have extra hands to change a diaper and other 'adults' to interact with.

Whatever it is, Spurgie seems to be thriving.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Vaysh said:

Yeah, I'm fascinated with it too. My best guess is that it's mostly individual biologies creating surprises, both good and bad. When Jessa was supposed to be motherly without benefit of mom hormones, she clearly didn't have it in her mind and heart to do it, but in the instance where she's got the hormones working for her, they've kicked in big time for Spurgie's benefit. Jill clearly looked to have a more motherly mind and heart by nature with her siblings, but now it looks like her mom hormones may even be helping to trigger depression or some such, and definitely not boosting her motherliness. Sad for Jill and Izzy, but great for Jessa and Spurge. Chemistry is one of those things that isn't fair, I guess.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

Add me to the list of "surprised how motherly Jessa is"     

She seems to be doing pretty well!  I thought Jessa was a cold bitch. Even when she was dating Ben, she was so unemotional and reserved.  Michelle even tried to talk to her about warming up a bit. A few years later, jessa is still a bitch, but has warmed up with Ben and Spurge. Makes you wonder how damaged she was from what she went through with Josh and their whole crazy family in general...that she was so hesitant to be open and loving.  

• Love 9

And if you extended that out by giving Jessa some more distance from her immediate family, one has to wonder if she would learn to bond with her new-made family and leave the worst parts of the cult behind. Oh, no doubt that the Seewalds will remain deeply fundamentalist, but maybe they could leave behind some of the legalism that is/was so prevalent with both Gothard and Dougie the Tool's "religions." 

• Love 5

Of course we see Jessa looking motherly & the baby looking happy. Those are then only photos they post, except for maybe that weird wrapped-up Israel crying shot that Jill inexplicably posted.  They can't let their fans see anything but the cute & happy stuff, so they can gush.  

On 5/28/2016 at 5:10 PM, cdp73 said:

There's a new show premiering on FreeForm and the actress is a dead ringer for Jessa:  Guilt

That girl could be Jessa's twin.  

• Love 7

We have no idea what kind of mother Jessa actually is.  We will never see the truth on their show or in posted social media photos.  Without seeing her in person, parenting in real time, we will get the same view all the leg-humpers have of Michelle's mothering.  Everything "looks" ideal, perfect and loving.  She could spend a grand total of 37 minutes a day with that kid, shooting sweet photos, then hand him off to a sister-mom for the duration.  We simply will never know the real truth. 

• Love 12
On 5/28/2016 at 0:29 AM, Sew Sumi said:

I just happenstanced upon the Jimmy Swaggart channel. His grandson, who is maybe 30, is what Ben aspires to be. I watched him fling his bible and  nonsencical strawman debates for about five minutes before I couldn't take it anymore. Heaven help us if Ben gets a similar platform to spew/rap his hate. 

I see what you did there...

Ben-Seewald-Recording-670x447.jpg

• Love 3
On May 28, 2016 at 5:46 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Oh FFS! Enough with the stupid quiverfull arrow symbolism. We get it! You're breeding for Jesus! 

FFS...another bug eyed selfie! STOP, please stop. Bug eyed selfies aren't cute. Jessa, we endured your selfies every day of your pregnancy, so I think you'd be able to take a decent selfie by now.

Blessa, no doubt your Daddy's head would explode if you actually listened to this song, but it describes vapid selfie takers just like u and how silly some of you look.  Enjoy. You're welcome.

• Love 3
On 5/28/2016 at 6:46 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Oh FFS! Enough with the stupid quiverfull arrow symbolism. We get it! You're breeding for Jesus! 

Every time I look at Spurgey's shirt with the arrow, I think of the old "I'm with Stupid" T-shirts of days gone past.

• Love 23