Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

It might be a chicken fajita plate.  That would be full of greens.

Why is it s date every time they go out to eat?  Seems like they are just grabbing a bite like the rest of us.

Maybe when you're essentially held prisoner in your home for your childhood, you need to leave the house with a purpose? So they purpose to go on a date.

• Love 7

Why is it s date every time they go out to eat?  Seems like they are just grabbing a bite like the rest of us.

Maybe they're trying to keep the romance alive?

Also; would it be full of broccoli trees (maybe carrots)?  'Cuz that's the main effect I saw on Jessa's plate, which doesn't seem Tex-Mex.  I feel like they went to a buffet of some sort.

Blessa and Bin probably post that they're on a "date" every time they go out because they have absolutely no idea what dating is in the normal sense. My husband and I have been together for 11 years, and it wouldn't even occur to me that we're out on a "date" when we go out to dinner or to a show or something. We went on dates when we first met, but now when we go out, we're just out together, as a couple. I don't know, I'm a very pragmatic person and don't expect every day to be like, "OMG! Romance! Horse-drawn carriages! Flowers! Whee!" because real life isn't like that and that's not, IMO, what marriage is about.

Now, some of my friends who are married and have children occasionally post on Facebook that they're having a date night with their spouse, but I get that because that involves a babysitter and they very rarely get to go out as a couple and they're just trying to say they're doing something special. But Blessa and Bin keep posting photos labelled "date night" even when they're with the Spurge. That just reinforces to me that they're a couple of children play-acting as adults.

• Love 15

And why even document it. They should document the rare occasions such as eating a home cooked meal at, you know, home. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 8

They call everything a "date" because their lives are so utterly boring and repetitive they have to overcompensate.

The highlight of these girls' lives is the courtship and wedding. After that it's all downhill, hence the endless bragging and over documenting on social media.

• Love 13

It's Spring Break for my college this week. My hubby works swing shift, so we ran some errands this morning, after which I stopped at Starbucks for a latte (don't judge :D).

This outing has now officially been renamed a date. I'm just sorry that I didn't take selfies to commemorate the occasion. LOL

• Love 16

It's Spring Break for my college this week. My hubby works swing shift, so we ran some errands this morning, after which I stopped at Starbucks for a latte (don't judge :D).

This outing has now officially been renamed a date. I'm just sorry that I didn't take selfies to commemorate the occasion. LOL

No worries Sew. You memorialized here.

• Love 6

You're slipping Sew Sumi. Did you not learn about taking selfies, which side to part your hair so you can be the prettiest and the all important product placement in the pic. You must have missed that day at the sotdrt. You must give your favorite jewelry box to Jessa and report to the prayer closet to practice those all important life skills. Lol.

• Love 13

Please, please let this happen!!! I would tune in to that episode in a heartbeat!

One of two things would happen: He'll either get his ass chewed out or get his ass beat and run out of town. Either way, I'll supply the popcorn if you bring the wine. 

Was there a rumour at one time that Bin and Jessa might be moving near a college for his degree completion?

And how might they afford the rent? Benji is no Joshly, so a six-figure gig is out of the question. Lobbying for missioncation love offerings from the leg humpers is a little harder when the missioncation field is state-side. 

Oooooh! Tank top alert! Plus,  based on the visible black strap, Jessa is either wearing a decent nursing bra, or a crappy sports bra. Given what we know, it's probably the latter. I don't think she has the cajones to shop in a real lingerie section, even at Wally World. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDRcybAPErB/?taken-by=tlc

Something tells me that Blessa gets the Victoria's Secret catalogue in the mail and has no problem ordering pretty, pretty lacy things with her TLC checks. Something tells me homegirl has been trolling the heathen interwebs and making up for lost time since she escaped the compound. 

Pouty face selfie or it never happened, Sewie. 

Hold up! I thought they weren't allowed to have social media until they officially started courting. Whatcha trying to tell us, Jinge? 

• Love 4

You're slipping Sew Sumi. Did you not learn about taking selfies, which side to part your hair so you can be the prettiest and the all important product placement in the pic. You must have missed that day at the sotdrt. You must give your favorite jewelry box to Jessa and report to the prayer closet to practice those all important life skills. Lol.

*sniffle* Yes, I have shirked my duties and teachings of the DRT. I will head to the Prayer Closet posthaste in the hopes that Babby Jeebus forgives my sins. 

• Love 2

"One of two things would happen: He'll either get his ass chewed out or get his ass beat and run out of town. Either way, I'll supply the popcorn if you bring the wine."

I'm in!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDgyxnnDflR/

Another $10 bucks on coffee-shoppe coffee! Ben is studying hard for the ministry! It must be nice to take years off from work, drink expensive coffee and eat in restaurants constantly! Yeah for TLC money$$$

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial#!/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/797536490380002/?type=3&source=54

I am so happy Spurgeon is not going to look like JB. I see Jessa in him, and Ben, but NO super-gene JB!

• Love 2

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial#!/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/797536490380002/?type=3&source=54

Over on the Seewaldfamilyblog, there is a picture of Spurgeon lying on his belly, with his hand propped under his chin. I am unable to copy the photo to here. But you all need to lookie because the room is absolutely and completely cluttered! Great housewife, Jessa!

I think the brown birthing towel is still thrown over the chair!

The baby, however, is gorgeous!

Apparently, the picture of Spooge was taken on a recent (Spring Break, I guess) visit to see Muffy in El Salvador. Even Ben wouldn't risk missing midterms to go to a place with supposedly faulty wifi, right? RIGHT????

Over on the Seewaldfamilyblog, there is a picture of Spurgeon lying on his belly, with his hand propped under his chin. I am unable to copy the photo to here. But you all need to lookie because the room is absolutely and completely cluttered! Great housewife, Jessa!

I think the brown birthing towel is still thrown over the chair!

The baby, however, is gorgeous!

Well, I'm anything but a Super Neatnik, but wow. You'd think drinking all the expensive coffee would give you the energy to do something with your day. Guess not.

• Love 5

Maybe Jessa needs to get herself one of those Maxwell Chore Packs to hang around her neck...telling her which chore is next.

(my bedroom has stuff piled too but I clear backgrounds for pictures! Tip of the Day, Jessa)

• Love 7

Apparently, the picture of Spooge was taken on a recent (Spring Break, I guess) visit to see Muffy in El Salvador. Even Ben wouldn't risk missing midterms to go to a place with supposedly faulty wifi, right? RIGHT????

So this is the Dullards clutter we are commenting on, not Benessa's? Either way, what a mess!!

• Love 1

Sew Sumi wrote on another thread:

By contrast, Muffy and Derick only knew one another about six months before courtship, and Benessa was even shorter, about four months.

Boys and girls, I can't even with this.

FOUR MONTHS. Less than a year's "courtship". They're not allowed to be alone, to spend private hours in conversation and getting to know the prospective spouse that other adults find necessary to form a lifelong bond. It's astonishing to me that those in this cult believe it's better to arrive at the marriage bed "pure" than it is to actually know one's husband or wife. And children are conceived while the newlyweds are still strangers to each other! Only an idiot would think this a good idea.

It was about a year from meeting to marriage for us, too, and if I had it to do over, I would have waited longer and kept talking. We're still married. At the same time, the first year was tough at the least. And I have to wonder what the first year was like for both of these couples. I'm guessing it wasn't moonlight and roses. And I'm also guessing the fact they still don't seem like they know each other, or enjoy the other one's company, looms large. Lasting relationships are built on many things, but the biggest indicator is communication. It's tough to talk when both daughters run back to the TTH at any and all opportunities and remain tied to the apron strings.

Unfortunately, the husbands in question don't seem any more mature. Triple D fled the country rather than stand up to his in-laws and Bin seems to think that all will be solved by another Bible verse motivated, legalistic screed on Instagram.

Edited by Missy Vixen
  • Love 7

Missy Vixen, they had four months before they started courting, then 11 months' courtship before marriage. I only think the courtship lasted that long was due to Ben's age. He was still 17 when they started to "get to know you."

• Love 4

Missy Vixen, they had four months before they started courting, then 11 months' courtship before marriage. I only think the courtship lasted that long was due to Ben's age. He was still 17 when they started to "get to know you."

I should have known this. ;-( Thank you for giving me a clue. ;-)

Here's a question that's dumb as paste: What kind of idiot thinks a 17 year old is ready for marriage (or excuse me -- "courting") in any way, shape or form?

• Love 7

Unfortunately, the husbands in question don't seem any more mature. Triple D fled the country rather than stand up to his in-laws and Bin seems to think that all will be solved by another Bible verse motivated, legalistic screed on Instagram.

To be fair, Jill was dolled-up in a lot of ways, and Derick was out of the country for a lot of their 'love story', so he married a projection. He had to get married to learn that Jill was not as smart/sophisticated as she appeared, clingy, unable to function within reality, and not true missionary material.

Ben, on the other hand, at least knew Jessa was a pretty bitch, and still married her anyway.

I'm sure Joshgate threw them all for a loop.

It's also impossible to talk when your entire conversation is slinging snappy bible passages at each other.

What doest thou meaneth?

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 7

Does Ben's shirt really say, "Jesus shed his blood for my sins"? Such an aspiration: grow up to be a billboard for Jesus. Do these people ever dabble their thoughts into NORMAL life?

Going out on a limb here, Alex, and guessing "Who are the Ruarks and the Duggars?"

I'm sorry Marg, you left out part of the answer. Does anyone else want to ring in?

• Love 1

Another $10 bucks on coffee-shoppe coffee! Ben is studying hard for the ministry! It must be nice to take years off from work, drink expensive coffee and eat in restaurants constantly! Yeah for TLC money$$$https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial#!/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/797536490380002/?type=3&source=54

I am so happy Spurgeon is not going to look like JB. I see Jessa in him, and Ben, but NO super-gene JB!

That IG photo is actually quite nicely composed.

Does Sierra need an event photographer?

• Love 2

I should have known this. ;-( Thank you for giving me a clue. ;-)

Here's a question that's dumb as paste: What kind of idiot thinks a 17 year old is ready for marriage (or excuse me -- "courting") in any way, shape or form?

Charles ingalls from little house on the prairie wanted Mary to wait until she was 15. She was 13 when she got engaged. Her boyfriend or whatever was 16. The relationship did not not work out because they were CHILDREN!! Yes, I'm embarrassed I know this.

My point is television dumbasses think it's a good idea. Sad to say, Charles Igalls has been dead for a really long time and was really fictionalized for tv. Jimboob dumbass lives in the present and should know better. But we know he sold his soul a long time ago. His children and their futures were part of the deal.

I don't know , don't care if I spelled ingalls right.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 6

OH MARGEAUX, ON 29 MAR 2016 - 4:53 PM, SAID:

Does Ben's shirt really say, "Jesus shed his blood for my sins"? Such an aspiration: grow up to be a billboard for Jesus. Do these people ever dabble their thoughts into NORMAL life?

Going out on a limb here, Alex, and guessing "Who are the Ruarks and the Duggars?"

I'm sorry Marg, you left out part of the answer. Does anyone else want to ring in?

Ben's father actually wanted the courtship to go faster than it was. "Who is Papa Seewald for the win."

• Love 5

To be fair, Jill was dolled-up in a lot of ways, and Derick was out of the country for a lot of their 'love story', so he married a projection. He had to get married to learn that Jill was not as smart/sophisticated as she appeared, clingy, unable to function within reality, and not true missionary material.

And they have one of the extra-godly, neato "covenant marriages", too. Imagine the fun of attempting to get free from that.

And they have one of the extra-godly, neato "covenant marriages", too. Imagine the fun of attempting to get free from that.

They only have to file for divorce in a state that doesn't recognize covenant marriage.

• Love 2

You can get a divorce from a covenant marriage.  Basically, all you have to do is live in separate places.

http://www.arlegalservices.org/files/FSCovenantMarriage.pdf

So the parties in question can't leave the state because they have a child, but living in separate dwellings is enough?

What's the point of obtaining said "covenant marriage" if the hoops to jump through to obtain a divorce aren't all that strict, according to the fact sheet that was posted? Or am I missing something?

• Love 1

didn't we figure out that there isn't covenant marriage in Florida, where they were married, or is my wine kicking in and I am having an "episode"?

Whoops, the Seewalds, not the Smuggars.  apparently one glass of wine is one too much.

Edited by lookeyloo
  • Love 2

Or they can do what many couples already do and temporarily move to another state with more favorable terms.  The whole covenant marriage seems to be just more made up fundie holier than thou garbage.

• Love 5

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=799085853558399&id=510067475793573&__tn__=%2As

Here is Ben's latest sermon. Interestingly, he describes how a person's speech shows their walk with god. So what does slow, faltering, dim, boring language mean?

Hmmm, do you think that blog post was a passive-aggressive dig at Jessa? It's interesting how Bin talks about watching what you say and how you say it, because Jessa is the one known to be blunt and insensitive, not him. Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4

Another $10 bucks on coffee-shoppe coffee! Ben is studying hard for the ministry! It must be nice to take years off from work, drink expensive coffee and eat in restaurants constantly! Yeah for TLC money$$$

All i see is Smuggs in that kid. Jesse and Smuggs look a lot alike.