Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: Week 9: The Finale/S12.E12: After the Final Rose

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, greyhorse said:

What if each guy wanted the same oval stone that Jordan picked?  Does Neil Lane have two of each ring?

I'm guessing it's the same as most ring shopping: the ring you try on in the store has a placeholder stone, not a real diamond.

I saw an interview where JoJo said she wanted a solitaire with a thin band, which is what Jordan picked. Obviously, Robbie didn't get the same tip because he was never going to be f1.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Alapaki said:

And yet more Chad on ATFR.  

I don't fucking get it.  I mean, I get it.  The show is all about ratings and "if it bleeds, it leads", etc.

But are the really trying to sell us Chad as a loose-cannon who requires security monitoring for the safety of those around him, and yet they keep inviting him back?

I'm not 100% sure that we what we saw last night wasn't a trial balloon for Chad-as-Bachelor.  I mean, they have time.  And while Luke has a good bio, he seem boring as fuck.  You just know the type of woman who thinks they can "fix" Chad is going to be bat-shit crazy, so they could get a very promising crop of contestants.  

It seems like Chad is going to come across even worse on BiP.  But at this point I wouldn't put it past Fleiss & Co. to see how everything shakes out before rejecting Chad as Bachelor.

What is REALLY awful about this is that BiP had already finished, with Chad's over-the-top horrible behavior, and THEN they had him back for the Bachelorette finale.   

I don't think they will ever want him to be the  Bachelor, he is too defiant, won't play the game according to the rules, and the women might not be safe being alone with him. 

• Love 1

Chad and Nick will be their recurring characters wherever they can work them in. 

11 minutes ago, backformore said:

What is REALLY awful about this is that BiP had already finished, with Chad's over-the-top horrible behavior, and THEN they had him back for the Bachelorette finale. 

Why is that horrible?  It is promotion!  I love Bip because I am tired of the ridiculous boring format that is bette/ bachelor. How can promoting the ridiculous that is BiP  wrong?   I love BIP and find it a refreshing change!  Different tastes. 

• Love 1
On 2016-08-01 at 8:03 PM, TheFinalRose said:

Wow. JoJo was the most miserable happy person I ever saw.

Even on her real FB page, friends have expressed concern that she 'doesn't look happy'.

On 2016-08-01 at 8:46 PM, Fannysue said:

Am I the only one who noticed the mother's "fillers"?  Too much filler in the lips made them stick out. 

Yeah, she's got 'pillow face', plus ridiculous lips, and overly huge boobs. Too bad, I bet she was beautiful before all that.

4 hours ago, limecoke said:

Yes!  This!  I've been wondering all season about his hair.  Something is definitely off.  Did it ever blow in the wind or move in any way?  Did we ever see him underwater?  Jordan has that awful pompadour but it does move and act like hair is supposed to.  Robby's just looked like a big old plastered honk of something just laying there all inert.

Robbie combed it back and to the side, definitely looked real, I do wonder if there's a thinning spot behind it. As for Jordan's, he's been known for his hair-flick for ages. Years ago he was on the practice team for the BC Lions and there's footage of him being an arrogant pretty boy as he steps off the team bus, and flicks his hair in the wind - the sports guys joked about how he timed it for the camera.

• Love 3

Robbie's idea of a romantic night is ... burning meatloaf and shrieking kids?!? Was he just mad-libbing that shit?

Other than that, not much to say. Really boring finale. An ATFR breakup would have livened things up for me, but no such luck. I guess we'll get a "special" one-hour sit-down with JoJo post-breakup some time during Luke's (unless he turns it down) Bachelor season.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, backformore said:

I don't think they will ever want him to be the  Bachelor, he is too defiant, won't play the game according to the rules, and the women might not be safe being alone with him. 

I doubt Chad will ever be The Bachelor, but obviously no one is really frightened of Chad, security guards be damned, or they would never have given him that much exposure.  Granted, he can be an overkill, but the show is clearly pimping him out, which to me, is neither here nor there because that is the way these shows work. There are plenty of times he annoyed me, but there were also plenty of times he amused me.    

• Love 2
14 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Which goes along with the patriarchy.  Daddy owns his daughter's virginity until he gives it to her husband.  And yes - it's gross.

The show presents such a confusing mixed message with this stuff.  The  whole "hand in marriage" thing calls back to a Victorian age where the sheltered daughter goes straight from her father's house to her husband's with only a few chaperoned dates in between, and that just puts a glaring spotlight on the fact that the whole world, eventually including Dad, saw her in bed with two different men a few days ago.

• Love 6

I liked the ring too. I hate this new triple halo modern stuff. I love the more traditional rings and was shocked jor jor picked that one, as the guys usually go for the flashiest one. 

I really do not think jordan is into jojo. I agree with other posters, that in other seasons you can tell the contestant is really into the person, but with jordan, she reallyyyy had to pull teeth. I wonder if his brother wasn't famous, how far he actually would have gotten. At the beginning of the season I thought he was cute but now I really don't think so and the hair on both jordan and robbie has got to go. Robbie's hair is ridiculous and i'm gonna say it's fake because whose hair looks like that?

On another note, robbie is so robotic in everything he says and it's actually hysterical how disingenuous he comes off. His words are very dawson's creek and he can't even keep a straight face while saying them. Robbie would never be considered for a bachelor because people want genuine for a lead, and cray cray for contestants.

Can the casting people please stop casting people with famous siblings. It takes the fun out of the season because you know from day 1 who they're gonna pick. I loved sean's season because it was not obvious at all that he was gonna pick catherine. In fact, I was shocked. Now it's just so obvious and predictable. 

It too, cracks me up when the lead is so torn between 2, but then magically wakes up the next day and has a revelation and "clarity". oooooook.

They need to think of a new format for the show. The whole needing to hear "i love you" within a week is just really ridiculous

• Love 4

Can the casting people please stop casting people with famous siblings. It takes the fun out of the season because you know from day 1 who they're gonna pick.

Other than Jordan, what other famous siblings have been on the show?

12 hours ago, limecoke said:

I get so sick of hearing, "get down on one knee"!  Why can't they just say propose?

And what about the fact that this is the BachelorETTE, so shouldn't the lead be doing the proposing anyway?  I'm on record as hating this whole permission from the father thing, and I'll go even further and say proposals are stupid.  I think getting married should be a decision mutually reached by two people, not one person having all the say in whether it happens or not and the other person waiting, hoping, to be proposed to. 

But if you ARE going to have that model, then why does it have to be the man who has the sole power to propose when it's the iteration of the show where the woman is the one doing the choosing?  Oh, because she's NOT doing the choosing even though it's technically her show.  In either version, it's the women's job to be the one who gets chosen.  Yuck. 

23 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

Other than Jordan, what other famous siblings have been on the show?

Andi picked a guy named Josh Murray who had a football player brother. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And what about the fact that this is the BachelorETTE, so shouldn't the lead be doing the proposing anyway?  I'm on record as hating this whole permission from the father thing, and I'll go even further and say proposals are stupid.  I think getting married should be a decision mutually reached by two people, not one person having all the say in whether it happens or not and the other person waiting, hoping, to be proposed to. 

But if you ARE going to have that model, then why does it have to be the man who has the sole power to propose when it's the iteration of the show where the woman is the one doing the choosing?  Oh, because she's NOT doing the choosing even though it's technically her show.  In either version, it's the women's job to be the one who gets chosen.  Yuck. 

I wish I could like your post more than once.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, wings707 said:

Why is that horrible?  It is promotion!  I love Bip because I am tired of the ridiculous boring format that is bette/ bachelor. How can promoting the ridiculous that is BiP  wrong?   I love BIP and find it a refreshing change!  Different tastes. 

Because on BiP, Chad is portrayed as out of control and dangerous.   And then when filming for BiP ends, he's on The BAchelorette promoting it.   If they want him to be seen as a fun, outrageous character, fine.  But if they portray him as an out of control rage-filled drunk, then shut the door and don't invite him back.

8 hours ago, Fable said:

I doubt Chad will ever be The Bachelor, but obviously no one is really frightened of Chad, security guards be damned, or they would never have given him that much exposure.  Granted, he can be an overkill, but the show is clearly pimping him out, which to me, is neither here nor there because that is the way these shows work. There are plenty of times he annoyed me, but there were also plenty of times he amused me.    

I was referring to him being invited back to Bachelorette after Bachelor in Paradise wrapped up.  Yes, women did show that they were afraid of him on BiP.  Not amusing, not annoying, just an asshole.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, backformore said:

Because on BiP, Chad is portrayed as out of control and dangerous.   And then when filming for BiP ends, he's on The BAchelorette promoting it.   If they want him to be seen as a fun, outrageous character, fine.  But if they portray him as an out of control rage-filled drunk, then shut the door and don't invite him back.

He creates buzz which bring viewers and that means high ratings that brings in money.  It is always about money. They view him as the train wreck that he is.  And that came straight out of CH's mouth.   

I am sure they had heavy security close by watching his every move and a medic is always part of the crew.   A guard may have backed him down when he was in the water with Lace, that scene was choppy.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I liked the ring too. I hate this new triple halo modern stuff. I love the more traditional rings and was shocked jor jor picked that one, as the guys usually go for the flashiest one. 

I was not only shocked that he went for the most tasteful one, I was shocked that there was even a tasteful option in the bunch! Neil Lane's rings (or at least the ones he features on the show) always tend to look like gaudy costume jewelry.

I get why the guys usually go for the biggest, flashiest one, it's like ordering surf and turf when someone else is picking up the check. 

On another note, robbie is so robotic in everything he says and it's actually hysterical how disingenuous he comes off. His words are very dawson's creek and he can't even keep a straight face while saying them. Robbie would never be considered for a bachelor because people want genuine for a lead, and cray cray for contestants.

Lol, very true. The desperation in his eyes as he tries to sell this cheesy bullshit is hilarious. And his reaction to being dumped was more like "wait, what? That extremely specific fantasy about burning meatloaf and wine on the couch didn't work?? Does not compute." 

I'm shocked that he made it to the final 2, but I think that speaks more to JoJo's neediness than anything else. Every statement about Robbie had to do with how much he loved (or said he loved) her and how special that made her feel. Never a word about anything that had to do with Robbie as a person or what she liked about HIM. She liked that he liked her and that was it. 

Ben and Lauren  getting their own reality show?  Ugh.That's a big 'so what '.  Sounds like it's going to be on the internet.  Kaitlyn and Shawn must be annoyed--I heard they tried to get a reality show themselves.  Oh--and where were they??  Maybe they had to work. Yeah.  

I can't even fathom what this show would entail. Are they embarking on something particularly interesting or are we really supposed to tune in to watch 2 nice, milquetoast people "do life" [TM Jordan, who really, really needs to stop saying it]? I would probably watch one episode just to figure out exactly what Lauren has done to her face. 

Just when we were going to hear some thoughts on the next Bachelor, we barely heard the names Luke and Chase, and BAM, here's Chad un our face again. Go away please. He must feel lke his BIP behavior (which does look awful on the previews) will lose him the last of his fan base so now he's trying for a redemption arc with both the dead mother card AND he was a Marine. Okay, thank you for your service, sorry for your loss, now just go away.

Jojo's comment about that was interesting, she said "well, I know it's Luke and Chase....I mean, I don't KNOW" and then Chad broke in. Is it going to be another Kaitlyn/Britt deal or are they just narrowing down to those 2 before they pick one? 

Overall, I was pretty bored by the show and AFTR. I thought her proposal dress was a poor choice, she's too short to wear a dress that length. She looked lovely on the AFTR show though, wearing her hair up really suits her. 

I did laugh when they popped one of the tabloids up on the screen and she immediately commented on how unflattering the photo was. Speaking of which, the People spread about the engagement features a highly unflattering photo of Jordan, he looks like a horseface. 

Hated Jubillee on the show but high hopes for her mopey, self-centered trust issues on BiP.  Saw nothing of her in the previews so guess she's booted early.

She is in the preview...in bed with Evan, which I personally think is a fate worse than being booted early.

• Love 9

Finally gotten through the parent visits. It is so freakin obvious ("what if that was the life I was meant for?") that with Jordan it's all about the glamorous lifestyle she thinks he's going to have. "I was meant to be a celebrity!" 

• Love 4

Robbie and JoJo swimming in the deserted lagoon. "Whenever I'm with JoJo I feel like we're the only people on the planet." Well us and the underwater photographer and the beach photographer and the director and assistants on the beach....

• Love 5

Could anyone tell? It looked like that fancy boat that had Jordan and JoJo lounging at the front in had rows of "regular tourists" on benches in the back. No close shots but I'm pretty sure that's what I saw. How cheesy. 

On 8/2/2016 at 10:00 AM, seasick said:

There was one season where the F1 came first.  I believe it was on a Bachelor season, but not sure. The F1 was proposed, then ushered away to wait while he/she dumped the other.  Wish I could remember.  It wasn't a bad idea and I wish they'd try it again.  Help me out here if anyone recalls who it was.

it was jesse palmers season--one of the girls was so nervous she was getting sick so they had to switch up the order. how sad that I know this. lol

Edited by nlkm9
mispell
2 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I get why the guys usually go for the biggest, flashiest one, it's like ordering surf and turf when someone else is picking up the check. 

Yep, I would want to make a deal - get the biggest ring, we'll "get engaged"  for the minimum number of months, then I'll sell the ring and split the $ with you.

• Love 3

It was jesse palmers season--one of the girls was so nervous she was getting sick so they had to switch up the order. how sad that I know this. lol

Don't worry, you are not alone. I knew that it was Jesse Palmer's season too!

6 minutes ago, backformore said:

Yep, I would want to make a deal - get the biggest ring, we'll "get engaged"  for the minimum number of months, then I'll sell the ring and split the $ with you.

I wonder though, if the "engagement" is off, does the couple have to give the ring back to the producers?

1 hour ago, dleighg said:

Robbie and JoJo swimming in the deserted lagoon. "Whenever I'm with JoJo I feel like we're the only people on the planet." Well us and the underwater photographer and the beach photographer and the director and assistants on the beach....

.......and producer, sound tech, boom operator, truck with porta potty, craft services truck and bet there are more. 

2 hours ago, dleighg said:

Finally gotten through the parent visits. It is so freakin obvious ("what if that was the life I was meant for?") that with Jordan it's all about the glamorous lifestyle she thinks he's going to have. "I was meant to be a celebrity!" 

Did she say that?  I FFed.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I wonder though, if the "engagement" is off, does the couple have to give the ring back to the producers?

This was already addressed 2 pages ago, and they'd have to give it back.

1 hour ago, wings707 said:
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

"I was meant to be a celebrity" Did she say that?  I FFed.  

No she didn't. That was my interpretation of "the life I was meant to have"

• Love 2
7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Why on earth did JoJo let Robbie go on and on and on and on in his proposal-foreplay while breaking down and almost in tears. This is ridiculous and cruel. Yes, the lead should do the proposing.

• Love 5
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 9:32 PM, atlanticslide said:

. . . That said, I also don't believe for a second that Jordan actually had any feelings for JoJo either ...

Well, either Jordan is just laying it on super thick or somehow he means it with the following Instagram.

Doesn't sound like something a jock would post ... unless he somehow actually means it and is risking ridicule by his macho sports friends --  even if he picked phrases from googling online ideas ... ??  :-)

See
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/08/jordan-rodgers-post-bachelorette-instagrams-make-you-want-barf

• Love 1

Oh dear god! That's the kind of shit you post on social media when you are trying to prove something. If he meant it he would say it to her, not to all of us. lol Is nothing real anymore unless it is posted online? Seriously, the more he tries to prove it, the less I find it even remotely believable.

The only way these two are making it to the alter is on ABC's dime.

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Oh dear god! That's the kind of shit you post on social media when you are trying to prove something. If he meant it he would say it to her, not to all of us.

I think that's true, except when a couple has been slammed by the press/social media too many times.

• Love 1

If you look at some of his older posts, he seems to post a lot of feelings sometimes. He's got a photo of his grandfather which was long and sweet, don't think it was him proving something or the one for his parents.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

I think it was sweet. Honestly, anything even remotely sweet or positive gets torn to shreds in the media. I like a guy who mentions feelings a lot more than someone like Robby, who seemed like he was reading off of a cue card.

• Love 2

Why does JoJo think that being with Jordan means she is going to have her "celebrity lifestyle"?  She was arguably more "famous" than him to begin with since people would have known her from her first appearance on the franchise.  He's a washed up, failed pro football player.  There's lots of athletes who didn't make it.  The only difference with him is that he has a famous brother who DID make it.  

What kind of "celebrity lifestyle" does she think that he opens the doors to?  Coasting along on the name of his estranged brother?  I don't get it.

• Love 1
On 8/4/2016 at 9:35 AM, pitchy said:

Well, either Jordan is just laying it on super thick or somehow he means it with the following Instagram.

Doesn't sound like something a jock would post ... unless he somehow actually means it and is risking ridicule by his macho sports friends --  even if he picked phrases from googling online ideas ... ??  :-)

See
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/08/jordan-rodgers-post-bachelorette-instagrams-make-you-want-barf

I think this is just an example of confirmation bias. If you think their relationship and his feelings are genuine, it's more likely that you're going to see this as proof that he really does love her. If you think their relationship is BS and/or that he's just putting this on for show, this just looks like a guy who's read the chatter online about not being genuine and the two of them looking at ATFR like they had no interest in even knowing each other let alone getting married trying to somehow prove that he's not in this just for the fame.

(to me, it looks like the latter, but ultimately there's no way to prove whether or not someone has genuine feelings so I guess we just wait for if/when they break up)

Edited by atlanticslide
  • Love 2

I don't know, I follow them both on Snapchat and they seem genuinely in love to me and very comfortable together. This coming from someone who didn't like Jordan during the show and was less than impressed by all the rumours about him. Who knows how long it'll last, but that applies to every relationship. I think they'll make a real go of it. A week ago I thought I'd never say this.

• Love 4

Finally watched ATFR. Anyone else notice Kelli Finglass and Judy Trammell from DCC in the audience at 3:54? Kelli was nodding along sympathetically with Robbie, so I guess he had her vote, at least!

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 7:30 AM, Mabinogia said:

Oh dear god! That's the kind of shit you post on social media when you are trying to prove something. If he meant it he would say it to her, not to all of us. lol Is nothing real anymore unless it is posted online? Seriously, the more he tries to prove it, the less I find it even remotely believable.

The only way these two are making it to the alter is on ABC's dime.

Maybe Jo Jo was (as she was constantly doing on the series) confronting him about her usual worries that he wasn't as into it as she was and that she had reason to worry with all the tabloid stories about his scoundrel rep etc., and he knew she'd like a public declaration ?

It may have to be in the media before it's real to Jojo.  I think they're two of a kind -- this may be a marriage made in the media and they will live happily ever after, still posting mushy stuff about each other on Facebook until their televised fiftieth wedding anniversary.

• Love 2

Another comment from the “why is she even bothering now” gallery, I loved JoJo’s shit show when she didn’t get the answer she wanted from her parents about Jordan. She definitely was raised a Princess and I wonder what her siblings think of her and if she gets special treatment being the only full biological child from the parents. Soyraya totally called it on Jordan though I’ve never been a fan of Robby from the beginning. I was rather surprised he got that far-He seems creepy and is boring as hell. He definitely epitomizes the Jacksonville douche. 
I think Soyraya would be fun as a commentator on this show, especially with the Prosecco from what I’ve heard. I liked her dad too and I can see from a father’s perspective why he might like Robby though I think he’s a slimeball and I think there’s more to the story with his recent breakup. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re back together. 

• Love 2