Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

In this thread, we are discussing Kelly Dodd.  We are not discussing 1) all Orange County residents; 2) our personal experiences trying to get a covid vaccine; 3) our personal thoughts about vaccines, testing or masks. Head to Small Talk for 2 or 3. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I truly loathe her.  

Right?? She’s crass, mean, sounds like Minnie Mouse on helium, has never met an argument that she doesn’t jump into, and now has perma-terrible eyebrows. Yuck! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Right?? She’s crass, mean, sounds like Minnie Mouse on helium, has never met an argument that she doesn’t jump into, and now has perma-terrible eyebrows. Yuck! 

I can handle brashness, I can handle vanity, and I can even handle low class.  I can't handle it at 150 decibels.

Problem is, ^these things comprise the Bravo contract trifecta.

I lose.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I can handle brashness, I can handle vanity, and I can even handle low-class.  I can't handle it at 150 decibels.

Problem is, ^these things comprise the Bravo contract trifecta.

I lose.

Perfectly said. I think I see your trifecta more in OC than in other franchises. I stopped watching ATL because of all of it combined, but since I still watch (holding on by a thread of Kelly’s half top with fringe), I think it is most prevalent in OC 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Taralightner said:

I think I see your trifecta more in OC than in other franchises.

You're exactly right.  I should have said the OC contract.  All of these women are screechers.  If you think about it, the only ones that weren't screechers are gone.  Let's hope the new blood has a quieter affect.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Who is this weirdo?  Does he work at Coto Insurance?  

Is this the guy who brought up Eddie being gay at a Vix party last year, who was described as a "former" friend of Tamra's? Gretchen was there. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, SCS said:

Is this the guy who brought up Eddie being gay at a Vix party last year, who was described as a "former" friend of Tamra's? Gretchen was there. 

No, not the same guy. That was tamra’s former “gay bff” but his name escapes me.

• Love 1

I have to say Kelly is certainly off and running with gusto as a newly divorced cougar.  As for what she's dragged in so far, though -- meh.  But then, with her roster of issues, she has to take what she can get. 

She's lucky to still be young enough to attract these "prospects", but perhaps more than a lot of other newly divorced women, Kelly must strike while the iron is hot.  Because she's such a whack job herself.  And I don't envy any man who's fooled into thinking she'd be fun to play with for more than an evening or a weekend. 

Once Jolie reaches majority, Kelly will undoubtedly need to dial back her expensive tastes for things like jaunts to Aspen, and bi-coastal boyfriends.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 3
On 8/25/2018 at 5:26 PM, Anne Thrax said:

I have to say Kelly is certainly off and running with gusto as a newly divorced cougar.  As for what she's dragged in so far, though -- meh.  But then, with her roster of issues, she has to take what she can get. 

She's lucky to still be young enough to attract these "prospects", but perhaps more than a lot of other newly divorced women, Kelly must strike while the iron is hot.  Because she's such a whack job herself.  And I don't envy any man who's fooled into thinking she'd be fun to play with for more than an evening or a weekend. 

Once Jolie reaches majority, Kelly will undoubtedly need to dial back her expensive tastes for things like jaunts to Aspen, and bi-coastal boyfriends.

I agree. Kelly is soooo desperate. It’s so obvious to me she’s looking for another “better” version of wealthy Michael and I seriously doubt she’ll be successful finding that. Jeez, her crazy personality has been documented on film. We’ve all seen her in action. What sane, mentally healthy, wealthy man would be attracted to her? She is pretty enough on the outside, but she was clearly a gold digger that went after an older wealthy man (Michael) and got tired of him being his age and wanting to enjoy family life. I give him credit for not playing into her crazy on camera persona for the most part. 

There are a many younger, beautiful, sane, and accomplished women in the OC.

Can you imagine Kelly sitting on a charitable board or actively involved in any kind of community organization? No? I can’t either. 

• Love 3

Update. Kelly and her bro continue their insta fight. If I was reading correctly, on his instagram, he says that it is true Kelly cannot pick up her daughter at school. There was that story about her getting physical with her ex fiancé's wife at said school (supposedly her son went there or still does). True? Not totally sure but it does make for an interesting read. He also says that Kelly is basically dead to him.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Hockey Addict said:

Update. Kelly and her bro continue their insta fight. If I was reading correctly, on his instagram, he says that it is true Kelly cannot pick up her daughter at school. There was that story about her getting physical with her ex fiancé's wife at said school (supposedly her son went there or still does). True? Not totally sure but it does make for an interesting read. He also says that Kelly is basically dead to him.

She wasn't "dead to him" while he was living at the nice home that Kelly & Michael owned in Dana point Ca. 

• Love 14
On 8/25/2018 at 8:26 PM, Anne Thrax said:

She is not pretty enough to be a cougar ??????

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Hockey Addict said:

Okay, Hockey Addict has been getting major tea on the insta! If you want a cup check it out. Apparently the AZ family members ain't happy and theres going to be some law action/suing (supposedly, if I'm reading right). Maybe Emily can defend Kelly?

Wait, what? I'm not on Insta (is that Instagram?) What AZ family? #don'twanttomissarivetingminutebutlost!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SCS said:

Wait, what? I'm not on Insta (is that Instagram?) What AZ family? #don'twanttomissarivetingminutebutlost!

Okay here's what I got. If I am reading his instagram correctly, he went and helped move their mom out of Kellys place because it was too toxic there or something like that. Supposedly also (and this is on a few sites) police were called to Kelly's for domestic type things like disturbances. Also, the brother has just started a new business or at least is a part of one and Kelly was trashing him online. I am not saying what's true and false just going from what I read.

• Love 3

Kelly did get arrested in 2014 for assault on her ex husband and was ordered to AA meetings. There was also a report of her getting into it with her ex fiance's wife at Jolie's school (the fiance's kids went there too). This makes the comment about Kelly not being allowed to take or pick up Jolie seem more credible. Plus, on her first season there was that season where Kelly was telling somebody to take J to school. She herself was not taking her.

• Love 3

Thanks. Yes, now I remember the stuff about mixing it up with the ex-fiance's wife at school -- ugh, how mortifying for Jolie! I never minded Michael when he was on and got the impression he had to make lots of allowances for Kelly; she, conversely, came across as openly hostile toward him in some of the footage we saw.

I like (as much as we can like any of these chickies) Kelly, mainly because she wasn't intimidated by Madame Hatchetface (aka Heather) and I can always get behind that, but one of these days Kelly is going to bow up on the wrong person and have her ass handed back in pieces.

• Love 6

I’m down with Kelly. As much as I hated her during her first season because she rolled with Vicki that’s how much I like her now. She’s loud and obnoxious and makes no apologies for that. Other than Shannon she’s the only ride or die in that whole cast.

i try not to judge these marriages too much on what we see on tv because behind closed doors things are always different. It’s not enough for one person to want to stay married. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:

I think Vickie hit a nerve. Kelly can dish it out but cant take it!!!!

Obviously, but why did Kelly take such offense? I don’t know or care whether or not she does (or did) do coke. She’s done and said many things over her seasons on the show that would embarrass her daughter.  They’ve all been discussed on this thread and others related to the show. She did manage to tone it down this season, somewhat. *shrugs*

If young Jolie feels compelled to call someone a bitch on SM in defense of Kelly, then she needs to leave the show for the sake of her daughter. YMMV.

• Love 1
On 11/28/2018 at 8:10 PM, SCS said:

Kelly's hair is gorgeous. Love the color. I want Kelly's hair.

#forgetthecokeallegationsIwantKellyshairwhyyesIamthatshallow

She does have beautiful color, but you don’t want that superfine hair.  She’s started wearing extensions the last couple of seasons.   I will give her credit for a nice color and some fashion sense.  I do think Kelly is very pretty. 

Shes wearing a topper in that link.  You can totally get that hair. 

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

She does have beautiful color, but you don’t want that superfine hair.  She’s started wearing extensions the last couple of seasons.   I will give her credit for a nice color and some fashion sense.  I do think Kelly is very pretty. 

Shes wearing a topper in that link.  You can totally get that hair. 

Yes, it's the color I covet, probably because it is so glossy and healthy looking despite most likely being chemically lightened. Tamra (and, from recent pix, Gretchen), conversely, have hair that looks crispy and dull from years of bleaching.

27 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Who wore it best?

Screenshot (379).png

Screenshot (270).png

IMO, Kelly who seems to be having a good time  and can actually move, whereas Moan looks afraid to exhale and also like she just got busted for having released a sneaky poot. 😏

• Love 2

For me, their figures equally suit the dress, but I just don't care for the dress.  Too much going on/overdesigned.  I like from the waist down, but bodice and sleeve treatment is a hard 'no'.  Better suited to a younger person imo.

• Love 3
On 4/17/2019 at 5:18 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Can't attest to the validity of this.  Kelly has posted pics of herself with the good doctor all over her Insta, so... 

“...a broken finger, a scratched face, and a bruised arm.”

Okay, now she’s taking the cougar thing too far!

• LOL 5
3 minutes ago, nexxie said:

“...a broken finger, a scratched face, and a bruised arm.”

Okay, now she’s taking the cougar thing too far!

Truthfully, I could totally see her in a brawl like this as that's her thing imo.  Just doesn't seem like she's broken up with the Dr., so that part might be old news.

• Love 2
On 4/21/2019 at 3:13 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Being the arm candy of a plastic surgeon may have it's financial benefits, but whoa!, the pressure!

Yikes! No disrepect to Dr. B. Reagan but if I was a sexy cougar on the prowl I'd be after a hotter piece of meat! 😁 After all, this IS Orange County CA:  land of the implants and home of the botox. This cannot possibly be the best looking plastic surgeon available these days!?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I have never liked Kelly. I have always thought that she is a violent drunk imbecile and bigot. There were seasons where I disliked her less than some of the others, but I never liked her.

Ever since I saw her racist rant in front of the bar on youtube, I could not like her at all. She's unstable and angry.

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Came to post same.  Here's another article: 

rhoc-kelly-dodd-split-dr-brian-dating-new-guy

Kelly has been on top of more wieners than French's mustard.

I'm sure Kelly "dating" numerous men (now that she's a cougar) and behaving like a middle aged, desperate whore doesn't bother Jolie one iota. It's just the cocaine accusation?

All of the OC HoWives are running scared that they might be next to become a "friend of the show" or just completely fired. So they are all behaving like a-holes.

For god sake Bravo...can we just get a decent couple of human beings on this show that know how to behave appropriately but still drink and have fun? And show the kids that are teens but NOT the ones still pooping their pants and kicking the family dog.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

There were times were I was almost coming around on Kelly last season. I did like seeing her and Shannon become friends, they made an interesting pairing.

Still, at this point, I'd take Kelly over Vicki any day.

• Love 11

I'm feeling a little cranky today and as of this moment, I'm down on most of the OC housewives.

I'm completely disinterested in Kelly.   She has no substance.   And, I can't help but thinking about her daughter and how it must be difficult to deal with a mother who weds and beds men for money.  At the end of the day, I honestly don't mind it, freewill 'n all, but it's got to be a confusing message to navigate for both mother and daughter  (and I totally believe the coke rumors).

I like Gina less than I did last season.  Not sure why.

I'm ok with Emily and feel there might be more to her than we've seen.  I also appreciate that the show has added a woman who is not stick-thin.  

For me, Shannon was only good during her inaugural season.  

Tamra's kids make her at least a little interesting.

The new wife is TBD for me but I could do without her mother.  The mystical schtick is old.  I've had enough via Lydia's mom.

Vicki is vile a lot of the times but she has kept the show interesting for me for many seasons (not all).  I would like her in the main group IF she were less vile, but I'm not sure if she's capable of it.  The friend zone might be ok.  I'm reserving final judgement until the end of the season.

I find it interesting that this is the year of main of the old guard to leave or change status, Lisa (BH), Vicki (OC), and now Betheny (NYC

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Kelly has a new boyfriend. Reporter Rick Leventhal from Fox News.

I guess Rick likes slutty cougars😁 

Well he’s done reporting from a lot of war zones including Afghanistan and Iraq, but a relationship with Kelly and any interaction with the RHOC will probably give him PTSD.

• LOL 8