Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Cereal Stalker

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, operalover said:

LMAO!! Dr Now: "Vitney is good at making excuse, she has to eat 8,000 calories a day to support her 598 pound. Her life is filled with enablers which is why she is 598 pound. These people are enabling her and her bad eating habit. If she doesn't change her eating habit, she is not going to see 40 year old"

I can absolutely hear Dr Now saying exactly this! (And Whit and her coterie need to hear it.) I am cracking up at how perfectly you evoked his voice!

• Love 11

I think there would be one stop before being on My 600 lb. Life.    She would be on Strange Sex Sent me to the E.R. 

That is when Lennie shaves off his beard, takes off his hat and goes back to his real job, stocking the pasta shelf at the supermarket.

• Love 17

Wasn't it just last episode before this one that Whit had a serious sit down with Dad, telling him she and Lenny were in love and  were going to move in together? What happened with that? Doesn't look to me like Lenny is moving in with Whit any time in this century. She is completely delusional. 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Wasn't it just last episode before this one that Whit had a serious sit down with Dad, telling him she and Lenny were in love and  were going to move in together? What happened with that? Doesn't look to me like Lenny is moving in with Whit any time in this century. She is completely delusional. 

Yep and she said it in a very condescending tone too.

• Love 5
(edited)
41 minutes ago, operalover said:

LMAO!! Dr Now: "Vitney is good at making excuse, she has to eat 8,000 calories a day to support her 598 pound. Her life is filled with enablers which is why she is 598 pound. These people are enabling her and her bad eating habit. If she doesn't change her eating habit, she is not going to see 40 year old"

YAAASSS!!! lol

But in all seriousness, I don't think it is even up for debate that Whitney has a serious eating disorder or a food addiction. All the excuses on why she cannot change her diet are just excuses. She doesn't want to face her true issues (being addicted to food/bingeing). She needs a therapist and a nutritionist, not a trainer, at the moment 

I think she would truly benefit from WLS and then a residential treatment program. Sounds extreme but IMO she is in a really dangerous situation with her health.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 6

I honestly thinks she convinced herself that being fat was her ticket to fame, and it was. Everything she has she owes to being fat: the show, the speaking engagements, the fame. So she sees no reason to change. It sort of reminds me of that poor woman whose husband wanted her to be so fat and he wanted her immobile for his sex fetishes. They were on Oprah. She agreed to keep eating to become immobile for her husband. She was trying for 1000 pounds. A few years later she woke up and realized THAT WAS CRAZY and dumped his ass.  I get the same kind of vibe from Whit, she likes was being fat has brought her and will put up with all the pain. Addicts make excuses all the time for the discomfort they feel from their addiction.  The trainer Will did say "send me a snapshot 3 times a day"- some of you might have missed it but he was talking about to show him what he was eating- it wasn't very clear the way he said it.

• Love 9
(edited)
42 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Delusional? Our Whitney? No, no, she reconsidered after a mature deliberation. [sarcastifont.]

She set up a team competition - Heather and Buddy against Lennie and her. She wrote up a bunch of questions for "the girls" and "the boys." The couples were supposed to answer them individually, and the couple that matched the most answers won. Whitney was very sure she and Lennie would win because they've been together so much longer than Buddy and Heather (nearly a year!) (Also, she had written the questions, so you'd think she might have had an edge there.)  Alas for Whitney, Lennie got most of the questions about her wrong, including the one mistake she found nearly unforgiveable - What is her favorite food. The insensitive bastard actually answered "pizza." And, as Whitney furiously pointed out, EVERYONE knows her favorite food is pasta. This caused her to re-think the whole "living with Lennie" idea. Well, that and the obvious fact that Lennie would rather live in his car than with her, as shown by the enthusiasm with which he greeted the idea when she broached it in the extended episode.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 14

To be fair to Lennie, if I were in a relationship with someone who could not go more than 12 hours without me contacting them to tell them how wonderful they were, and how much I loved them, I'd be turning off my phone and avoiding them as well.  Lennie is just over Twit and her issues.  He should man up and break it off with her, but he's probably scared that she will go full-on "Basic Instinct".  That, or go crying to her parents and Buddy and have all THEM calling Lennie and telling him he needs to make up with her, as she can't be single and fabulous at the same time.

Dr Now: "Vitney is good at making excuse, she has to eat 8,000 calories a day to support her 598 pound. Her life is filled with enablers which is why she is 598 pound. These people are enabling her and her bad eating habit. If she doesn't change her eating habit, she is not going to see 40 year old"

Operalover - I love you and wish to have your babies.  This is PERFECT - are you really Dr. Now in disguise? 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, operalover said:

LOVE IT! 

Now: "What is your eating habit?"

Whit: "I drink only coffee [venti frappuccinos] and don't really eat breakfast [except a box of Fruity Pebbles]. I usually don't eat [more than a few bags of Doritos] before dinner [which is a large pizza and a microwaved tuna casserole]."

Now (Voiceover): "There is no way Whitney is telling me the truth about her eating habit."

• Love 22
6 hours ago, zoemom said:

She's learned (much like a toddler) that she can use tears/being upset to get her out of activities that she doesn't want to do.

I know this sounds mean, but once TLC has used her up, she won't have any of the perks (salary from the show, nice house to live in - I'm sure that she's not making enough to pay the rent (don't know if Buddy does). 

Babs has mentioned a few times that Glenn could never say "no" to Whitney.  I'm sure that she learned early on that tears/being upset was the way to manipulate Glenn, which has contributed to the stunted adult she has become today.

A few weeks ago Whitney posted a pic on her FB of her standing in front of a house and stating something along the lines of "I've been so busy lately that I'm just now getting around to mentioning that I've bought my first house".  TBH, I didn't really take a good look at the house in the pic, so I'm not sure if she bought the house that she and Buddy were living in, or if it's another house.  I skimmed some of the comments, and IIRC someone asked if Buddy was still living with her and she said replied that he was.  So, she must have gotten some kind of financial windfall, or Babs and Glenn stepped in and purchased the home for her.

A few people upthread were talking about the salmon/salad issue - most recipes serve 4-6 people so when my husband and I cook, we make large portions like that, and then use the leftovers for lunches/dinners during the week - saves on time AND money to cook larger amounts and then get multiple meals from it.  Since my 93 yo father-in-law moved in with us a few years ago, we don't have as many leftovers as we used to, and we have to cook more because there is less food leftover when feeding 3 v. 2 (obviously!).  Math was never my forte, so doubling or halving recipes usually does not end well for me, lol, and I just stick to however much the recipe makes.  But, based on the size of that salad I would say that meal was intended to serve more than just Whitney - I'm guessing the editors left that on the cutting room floor because, well, it would be too boring to watch. 

And count me in on the grossness of getting one of those tiny bones - I like the taste of most fish, but if I get a bone, I'm done with it.  When I buy salmon I generally ask for the skin and bones to be removed before I buy it.  I have a cousin that lives in Alaska and whenever he comes home to visit family he always brings a bunch of frozen salmon for the family - with skin and bones.  My husband has to remove the skin from my piece(s) or I can't even look at it on my plate.  I was gagging watching Whitney pick those bones out of her mouth.

And Buddy and Heather complimented her on the salad, and she responded by saying that she preferred iceberg lettuce with ranch, so that salad she was eating was likely on the Will-approved menu.

operalover - you totally nailed Dr. Now in how he would assess Whitney - it made me laugh out loud as I was reading it.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Now (Voiceover): "There is no way Whitney is telling me the truth about her eating habit."

No ClareWalks - according to Operalover it's Vitney.  Vitney.  LOL!!!

I am still laughing over Operalover's scenario.  I can see him with the black turtleneck and the even blacker hair.  He must use shoeblack on it.

Edited by PsychoKlown
I'm not sure why I edited it.
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Vitney (love it!) & Lennie were shown discussing him moving in during a Bonus scene that wasn't shown on original episode.  I guess since Lennie wasn't all gung-ho & had questions about moving in,  TLC (& possibly Vitney) decided to scrap this scene.  His main question dealt with Buddy, would he still be there?  Vitney replied she hadn't asked Buddy what he thought yet but she made it seem Buddy would still be there, which Lennie didn't seem thrilled about. (Who would?)  Lennie's other concern was financial.  It sounded like Lennie is the sole renter of his house & his roommates' rent covers Lennie's portion.  He said he likes this set up cuz if he moved in with Vitney, he would have to contribute to house payment & work more to cover it. 

• Love 3

Thanks all- glad I cheered up your day! You gotta love Dr. Now and his "eating habit" "the whole family enable her" and "that's how come she 600 pound" Vitney is on her way there at this rate. 

That radio station article linked here says "she gained 200 pounds in college from PCOS" and I quote. You don't gain 200 pounds from PCOS! 

• Love 12

I swear I thought I heard  Whitney say to Lennie when he quickly closed the door,  "Are your parents at home?"  And he replied, yes.  Does he live somewhere else with roommates and happened to be at his parents house.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, operalover said:

This post wins the internet today.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, operalover said:

Thanks all- glad I cheered up your day! You gotta love Dr. Now and his "eating habit" "the whole family enable her" and "that's how come she 600 pound" Vitney is on her way there at this rate. 

And don't forget "she need to make progress before I approve her weight loss surge-ery"

I love Dr. Now.  And operalover.

13 hours ago, zoemom said:

Interesting little article regarding the Twit and the morning crew at Kiss 95.1 in Greensboro http://www.charlottefive.com/my-big-fat-fabulous-life-radio/,

So I watched the video embedded in that article - apparently Vitney's first dance video. And you know, she's NOT a freaking good dancer. Yes, it's modern dance, not ballet, I don't expect her to be en pointe or anything, but all she does is shake her ass, shimmy around, do some shuffle-ball-change things, and more ass-shaking. I've done the dance thing for years, modern and ballet, and even in modern you do turns, footwork, etc. There's none of that. It's like she's getting credit for dancing JUST because she's obese. Yay, fat person can dance kind of!

The guy who runs the dance class with her, he's nothing great either, but to be fair it's not like we see him move much or try anything advanced.

And wtf was with that crotch-in-the-face pool shot???? Holy schnikeys! Get that shit out of here, Vitney!

• Love 9
9 hours ago, operalover said:

When I first saw 'Vitney,' I wondered why people were calling her that, but I see that it's Dr Now saying it. Too funny.

• Love 6

Long time lurker.  I actually can't wait to see next weeks episode. Someone calls her out on her bullshit. She needs to be put her place.

My thought is not only is she using this whole body shaming as a excuse to stay fat, she wants to stay on the TLC gravy train. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MissCurmudgeonly said:

The guy who runs the dance class with her, he's nothing great either, but to be fair it's not like we see him move much or try anything advanced.

Glad someone else sees it too.  He is pretty bad. No technique and he always looks gawky.   Whitney is actually a little better than he is ,  form wise.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Glad someone else sees it too.  He is pretty bad. No technique and he always looks gawky.   Whitney is actually a little better than he is ,  form wise.

I see it, too. He's not good at all.

• Love 2

Whitney and Lennie are still presenting a united front on FB (I stalk, don't follow her, not her FB friend).  They posted a video on July 3 addressing the hired actor rumors and they appear to be traveling together. 

It looks to me like they are not a real couple on the show, but if they aren't legit they are surely keeping up appearances online.  It could easily be that Lennie is not big on the cameras following him everywhere.  I know I would be very, very hesitant to get in a relationship that would include reality tv (even if it would help my career.) 

I would be pissed if a boyfriend (or anyone) showed up on my doorstep and demanded answers after less than a day of not returning texts.  There were a few times that my late husbands texts went into the void (or mine to him did the same) and we didn't realize it until they were finally delivered days later (or one of us mentioned something that was never answered.)  Shockingly, neither of us flipped out when that happened, we just assumed the other was busy (and then assumed the other forgot to text back).  Even if he was on a business trip, I'd assume he had fallen asleep watching TV or something vs. he doesn't love me anymore if I didn't get a goodnight text or call.  Besides, there are many, many times that I don't text people back right away because I am busy or because I'm not in the mood to exchange banal messages.  Text messaging isn't some sort of automatic claim on my time.  I texted a friend this morning and I haven't heard back in 12 hours.  Worry factor: 0.  Insult factor: 0.

Also, I sure as hell wouldn't be 3AM stalking (no way that the best route took her down a residential street; she was working that angle way too hard.)  I wouldn't know about a missing car because I wouldn't have thought it was a big deal to begin with (although, TBH, if I did somehow find out about that, I would have immediately thought accident/emergency and would be worried.) 

It seems I'm in the minority here.  I won't snark on her food or her body, but the jealousy and possessiveness puts her in a bad, bad light for me. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, zoemom said:

Please forgive my ignorance, I've only been watching MBFFL this season. Not quite sure how I got sucked in, but I just can't turn away from this show.

How did Lennie get on the show/where did he come from?  Was he someone that Twit had been dating awhile?  If he's a part of the "story" that TLC has orchestrated is the Twit aware of this?  I just ask, b/c to what I've seen up to this point looks like a one sided (Twit) relationship.  Twit doesn't seem to be acting when she says "we're in love", demonstrates "stalker" mentality at 3 a.m. (I know, I know that's on her way to work) and how overly upset she became b/c he didn't respond to her texts, etc......If she is "in" on this part of the show then I think she should be nominated for an Emmy.  If she's not then TLC has totally pranked her.  Something seems a bit fishy to me.  (and no its not the salmon). 

They met on the internet and had their first date on the show.  (at least that's what we saw :)

One other thing:  when she told someone (Tal maybe?) about her meeting with Will the trainer, she said, "We had it out" as if she was so bold and bad rather than crying crocodile tears in the bathroom.  Girl, please.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, operalover said:

If this ain't the most accurate thing ever ....

I can totally picture him saying it, standing in the hallway of the clinic looking and sounding completely unbothered. 

• Love 5

I was browsing through my tv guide for this coming week and for Vitney's show it says that she is posing nude for Lennie.

All I can say is....WOW!!!

I missed the part about her having to take pictures of her food  but agree that's the only reason why she did it.

Will gave her a loophole, and said something about 3 pictures a day, assuming 3 meals a day.  Bad call.

And if Lenny loses this gig, he can be on Return to Amish.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

I was browsing through my tv guide for this coming week and for Vitney's show it says that she is posing nude for Lennie.

Thanks for heads up.  Went on Amazon and got my fresh bottle ready:

1ffe25571e2a75583a39ee26c246118c.jpg

• Love 6
10 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

That must be  a repeat. She posed "nude" -- she had a bedsheet covering her -- last season.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, CousinOliver said:

Also, I sure as hell wouldn't be 3AM stalking (no way that the best route took her down a residential street; she was working that angle way too hard.)  I wouldn't know about a missing car because I wouldn't have thought it was a big deal to begin with (although, TBH, if I did somehow find out about that, I would have immediately thought accident/emergency and would be worried.) 

Also, even if I was 3AM stalking, I sure as hell wouldn't admit it.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Is there a bed sheet out there that would cover her?

The portrait that Lennie painted now rests above her bed.  You can see it in the bedroom episodes (that sounds bad...I mean, the scenes that show the bedroom -- like, her first day at her interning job) this season.  She is very proud of it, apparently.

Whit's biggest problem with the food is portion control.  Which I generally feel is most overweight people's problem (myself included).  The calorie difference between a real serving of fruit loops and that of something like corn flakes isn't really that significant.  The sugar is different though so you won't feel as full as long.  However, I also feel I would need to add a bit of sugar to corn flakes as I find them bland without it.  If Whit just ate one serving and could be full enough I think she could have some of these foods she wants some of the time but she probably eats 3 servings of everything at multiple meals a day.  

I know that doctors say weight loss is 80/20 diet/exercise but I find for me if I regularly exercise the diet just follows .  I am less hungry when I exercise and I crave better for you foods.  When I just try to eat better I am less successful and satisfied overall.  So for me I see better health results at something like 40/60 or even 30/70 but that is because I stress eat and exercise reduces stress. The healthy and thinnest I am is when I just exercise somewhat intensively everyday.  So I think if Whit could workout each day she may see more improvement with diet after all it is hard to drink a fancy coffee before or after exercise without getting sick.  Exercise also helps you mentally and over eating disorders are often  more about how you fell mentally. 

I felt bad for Whit with the Lennie stuff.  While he doesn't have to be at her beck and call, something does seem off about his behaviour. Years ago when there wasn't instant communication I would see 13 hours as no big deal but if the texts were during non-working awake hours I would expect a quick response just to say "hanging with friends".  I feel like after dating a year you would generally just know where each other was most of the time.  I for sure would expect a quick "good night" text and I am not a needy person at all.

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Perhaps despite recent FB posts, they have broken up?

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/13701777_1660384534285116_553689735_n.mp4

Jesus, she looks like she has put on another 50-100 pounds since the current episode.

I just started catching up on this after hate watching last season and I can't even really hate watch this season because she is so pathetic. I'm not a fan of the fat acceptance movement but she at least seemed kind of like a sympathetic character in it at the start of the show, now, honestly this show is starting to feel gross, we are basically watching a pathetic, mean, delusional, lonely, manipulative, insecure narcissistic bully eat herself into immobility.

It's basically like watching Penny from My 600 lb life before she gave up on being ambulatory.

I mean seriously this show is incredibly depressing now, I don't even know the motive of it anymore because I don't know how anyone could watch it and not think Whit is just a really, really sad person dancing figuratively and literally for our entertainment. 

Edited by John M
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, mamey2422 said:

Interesting. Where is this from?

It was posted on Big Curvy Love's FB page

It might be the big woman expo that is happening in Toronto this weekend.

Yes, I believe so.

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 1
(edited)

Fountain touched on how important portion size is, and when I saw those bowls I thought "Who the hell would buy bowls of that size?".  I have small mixing bowls that are smaller than those cereal bowls!  It's been a few decades since I've had to buy housewares such as plates and cutlery, but I assume they still sell normal sized bowls.  To help control my portion size I eat from a salad plate, rather than a dinner plate.  It tricks me into thinking I'm eating a lot of food, and I'm much less likely to go back for seconds.

Edited by flappa1016
  • Love 4

Operalover - if you don't mind I'd like to add one more Dr. Now"ism" to the thread.

RE:  Whitney riding/driving a mobility scooter

"Why you bring that monster to the parade"?

(referenced to him scolding Pauline for bringing a mobility scooter in his office to get weighed)

Also a side bet:  how soon until Vitney breaks a toilet seat?