Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Cereal Stalker

• Start Topic

I guess she sat down to do all the TH segments at once so far this season? She is always wearing the blue hoodie.

BTW, I felt sort of bad about how obvious the hair extensions were in the chiropractor's office. It looks like big black Velcro strips? Didn't think that's how they were done.

• Love 1

Whitney's bowl of cereal. Ummm..yeah. I am also guilty of a freestyle pour with my cereal.  I don't eat the sugary stuff but I likes my nighttime bowls of Cheerios.  The first time I went to a WW meeting I was horrified when they showed what a serving of cereal truly is.  It's just not realistic! 1 cup is a serving? I laugh at the thought.  Am I a hobbit?  But even at 140lbs I know that the freestyle pour with whole milk is doing my ass no favors. 

Whitney does need to learn portion control.  I think there's still a good number of folks would be shocked to learn what a serving size of their favorite foods really looks like.  A pint of Haagen Daz is four servings people!

• Love 4

I took a course on healthy eating last year as part of the weight loss group I belong to (92 lbs lost with about 60 to go. Yay!)  They explained portion size to us.  Quite an eye opener!  I don't have the details in front of me but some portions were only the size of the palm of my hand.  Much much smaller than I (or anyone else in the class) expected.  Whitney's portions are more like 5-6 portions at least. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, seasons said:

Bonus footage with chiropractor - he's another weak person in her life that she can steamroll and manipulate. 

He did seem to coddle her & minimize it was her weight that caused her back problems.

• Love 3
On July 20, 2016 at 5:59 PM, Brooklynista said:

Whitney's bowl of cereal. Ummm..yeah. I am also guilty of a freestyle pour with my cereal.  I don't eat the sugary stuff but I likes my nighttime bowls of Cheerios.  The first time I went to a WW meeting I was horrified when they showed what a serving of cereal truly is.  It's just not realistic! 1 cup is a serving? I laugh at the thought.  Am I a hobbit?  But even at 140lbs I know that the freestyle pour with whole milk is doing my ass no favors. 

Whitney does need to learn portion control.  I think there's still a good number of folks would be shocked to learn what a serving size of their favorite foods really looks like.  A pint of Haagen Daz is four servings people!

Portion control is really hard to eyeball, especially after a lifetime of over eating. I think it's a mix of personal thinking, but also what they're marketed as. Cans of soda used to be 8 oz, which is considered a serving of soda. Then they went up to 12 oz, but the nutrition facts were still based on 8 oz. This is corrected now, and many nutrition labels include both a 'serving size' and a 'whole bag' facts. Whenever I buy a non-individually portioned type of snack food, something I know I'll eat subconsciously like a box of crackers or a bag of chips, I will always calculate the total calories/carbs in the box, and think, if I accidentally eat this in one go, how bad is that going to be? Or, "this bag will roughly last me four meals/snacks, how many calories in 25% of this." Eating out especially is so hard with portions. When I get really hard on myself on calorie counting (as in, weighing everything I eat and logging it), I am still surprised at how quickly calories add up. It's not easy.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DoctorWhovian said:

Portion control is really hard to eyeball, especially after a lifetime of over eating. I think it's a mix of personal thinking, but also what they're marketed as. Cans of soda used to be 8 oz, which is considered a serving of soda. Then they went up to 12 oz, but the nutrition facts were still based on 8 oz. This is corrected now, and many nutrition labels include both a 'serving size' and a 'whole bag' facts. Whenever I buy a non-individually portioned type of snack food, something I know I'll eat subconsciously like a box of crackers or a bag of chips, I will always calculate the total calories/carbs in the box, and think, if I accidentally eat this in one go, how bad is that going to be? Or, "this bag will roughly last me four meals/snacks, how many calories in 25% of this." Eating out especially is so hard with portions. When I get really hard on myself on calorie counting (as in, weighing everything I eat and logging it), I am still surprised at how quickly calories add up. It's not easy.

You're right.

If only someone would do Whitney a solid and do the work she should be doing by picking up he some portion-sized containers and portion-sized packages of healthy foods.

Oh, what. . . . never mind.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Alapaki said:

You're right.

If only someone would do Whitney a solid and do the work she should be doing by picking up he some portion-sized containers and portion-sized packages of healthy foods.

Oh, what. . . . never mind.

Hey, that container was only for ice cubes. (I regularly use that size for a serving of trail mix, or some yogurt or fruit or olives or...)

• Love 2