Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Time Will Tell

Theo and Megan take opposite views of the Abbies' intelligence as Theo tries to communicate with their leader. And later, an underestimation proves extremely costly. Elsewhere, a reflective CJ ponders the great responsibilities he has had over the centuries.

Elsewhere, a reflective CJ ponders the great responsibilities he has had over the centuries.

Are they really going to retcon that CJ popped out of cryo every couple of hundred years, checked things out, did a little maintenance, and then popped back into cryo ?  Really ?  Because that completely invalidates the fact that Pilcher and his core team were the first ones out of cryo.  And makes you wonder why he was not even present during the first 14 years before Ethan arrived in S1 ?

And later, an underestimation proves extremely costly.

That's got to be Jason -- oh look, hundreds and thousands of Abbies outside the fence, but we will be fine because of the fence.

• Love 4
(edited)

Way too many previouslies .... again.

April 19, 2034 -- some 20 years after Pilcher closed up the mountain.  CJ wakes up and airs out the place.

CJ cleans all the cryo containers, and sits down to a game of chess, boxes a little, sets up some dominoes, listens to the radio, watches some news, and watches the sun go down before hopping back into cryo.  No Abbies mentioned in the news, but something about a H1N3 outbreak.

Dr. Theo enters the lab and examines the right hand of Margaret and looks at marking on her hand.  Theo was pretty close to Margaret's cage -- and Margaret never even mad a grab for him.  Hypnoteacher is a bit of bitch bringing up Rebecca and Theo's problems.

Theo tries to teach basic recognition skills to Margaret -- Yes, No, Friend, Leader -- where is the 'meatbags you are all going to die' card ?

Where did Theo pick up all these rudimentary language training skills -- during his surgical rotation ?

CJ has been waking up every 20 years for basically one day -- does a little maintenance -- and hops back in the cryo.
And he's coming a bit unglued -- talking to the profile folders of people in cryo.  

So after, nearly 500 years, there are still some TV channels and radio broadcasts -- and he meets Griffin, a survivor, in the woods.  And they spend the afternoon fishing.  Griffin appears to be mutating before CJ's very eyes.  That's not how evolution works.

Griffin follows CJ and CJ kills him.  CJ is a little broken up by the killing.

Theo and Hypnoteacher continue to test Margaret the female Abbie.  Theo posits that the Abbies have the numbers and will eventually prevail.

CJ wakes up in 3234 (3214 was the last entry on the chalkboard)-- no radio stations anymore. And CJ is having conversation with figments of his imagination now.  I still don't get how anything still works after 1200 years.  That lightbulb, for example, over the chessboard.  And the pennies that CJ is tossing in that bowl only appear to be mildly corroded.

I don't get why CJ is going all cuckoo for cocoa puffs so soon -- from his perspective, assuming he says awake for one day every 20 year cycle, he's only been awake for 25 days after 500 years and around 58 days after 1200 years, but he's acting like he has been awake all that time.  And a grand total of 100 days after 2000 years.

Hassler shows up in the lab, and tells them to release Margaret.  Sanest man in the room.

They completely retcon the day that Pilcher et all awoke from cryo -- complete with Pilcher's full head of hair.  Did the writer's even watch Season 1.

As they exit to ground level from the mountain, Pilcher and CJ find Abbie huts right outside the entrance -- then, CJ and Pilcher have a philosophical discussion about what to do next.  But apparently Pilcher says he planned for all this.

Back in the lab we get a vigorous discussion because WP was built over top of beautiful downtown Abbieville, and the Abbies are only attacking them because they want their home back.  But they only showed a few dozen living in the valley that were slaughtered by Pilcher's team, so where are the thousands of Abbies coming from ?

Hassler seems to be the only voice of reason in the lab. Hypnoteacher goes off on a tangent about Kerry not pulling her weight in the fertility dept.  Theo finally says that maybe, just maybe, Margaret is observing them.

Did someone send out a request for a flashmob outside the fence via the the Abbie Wifi ?

Cut to 4016 -- 2 years after being awoken from the cryo -- and WP is fully built and they are waking up all the Phase 1 people.  And we get a different perspective of the first riot in WP -- that apparently happened on the very first day of the Phase 1 awakening.

Back to Theo testing Margaret, and Jason and Kerry don't get why he is bothering to try and communicate.  Theo tries to test his theory and sticks his arm in the cage of one of the male Abbies which goes about as well as expected -- and Jason responds by killing all the male Abbies in the lab.  Hassler blocks Jason from killing Margaret and Theo steals Jason's pistol so easily.  Kerry is convinced that Hassler is right about Margaret being the leader -- and Hassler is convinced that Margaret was around for during Pilcher's slaughter.  Jason then storms off.

By the way, when Theo opened that Abbie cage, the door seemed really flimsy, and certainly not capable

Margaret looks over the dead Abbies, as Hassler goes on about how the Abbies are destined to replace them all.  Hypnoteacher goes on about forgetting the old world, and how she has seen so much, and she won't submit to new ideas about the Abbies.  And for some reason leaves the male Abbies bodies to decompose in their cages.

And the Season 1 character death pool continues as Margaret escapes from her cage while Hypnoteacher is working, grabs a scalpel, stealthily slices the main artery in her leg and watches Hypnoteacher bleed out.  Finally !!!

She walks through the pool of Hypnoteacher's blood and leaves the lab leaving a trail of bloody footprint.s

Turns out that Margaret watched the code that Theo punched into the male Abbie's cage and memorized it.  So yeah, she is smarter than the average Abbie.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
Because ... math
  • Love 8

And the Season 1 character death pool continues as Margaret escapes from her cage while Hypnoteacher is working, grabs a scalpel, stealthily slices the main artery in her leg and watches Hypnoteacher bleed out.  Finally !!!

Finally, I guess the S1 deaths continues.

Are they really going to retcon that CJ popped out of cryo every couple of hundred years, checked things out, did a little maintenance, and then popped back into cryo ?  Really ?  Because that completely invalidates the fact that Pilcher and his core team were the first ones out of cryo.  And makes you wonder why he was not even present during the first 14 years before Ethan arrived in S1 ?

Another retcon flashback it is.

So yeah, she is smarter than the average Abbie.

Smarter than any of these characters.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Way too many previouslies .... again.

April 19, 2034 -- some 20 years after Pilcher closed up the mountain.  CJ wakes up and airs out the place.

CJ cleans all the cryo containers, and sits down to a game of chess, boxes a little, sets up some dominoes, listens to the radio, watches some news, and watches the sun go down before hopping back into cryo.  No Abbies mentioned in the news, but something about a H1N3 outbreak.

Dr. Theo enters the lab and examines the right hand of Margaret and looks at marking on her hand.  Theo was pretty close to Margaret's cage -- and Margaret never even mad a grab for him.  Hypnoteacher is a bit of bitch bringing up Rebecca and Theo's problems.

Theo tries to teach basic recognition skills to Margaret -- Yes, No, Friend, Leader -- where is the 'meatbags you are all going to die' card ?

Where did Theo pick up all these rudimentary language training skills -- during his surgical rotation ?

CJ has been waking up every 20 years for basically one day -- does a little maintenance -- and hops back in the cryo.
And he's coming a bit unglued -- talking to the profile folders of people in cryo.  

So after, nearly 500 years, there are still some TV channels and radio broadcasts -- and he meets Griffin, a survivor, in the woods.  And they spend the afternoon fishing.  Griffin appears to be mutating before CJ's very eyes.  That's not how evolution works.

Griffin follows CJ and CJ kills him.  CJ is a little broken up by the killing.

Theo and Hypnoteacher continue to test Margaret the female Abbie.  Theo posits that the Abbies have the numbers and will eventually prevail.

CJ wakes up in 3234 (3214 was the last entry on the chalkboard)-- no radio stations anymore. And CJ is having conversation with figments of his imagination now.  I still don't get how anything still works after 1200 years.  That lightbulb, for example, over the chessboard.  And the pennies that CJ is tossing in that bowl only appear to be mildly corroded.

I don't get why CJ is going all cuckoo for cocoa puffs so soon -- from his perspective, assuming he says awake for one day every 20 year cycle, he's only been awake for 25 days after 500 years and around 58 days after 1200 years, but he's acting like he has been awake all that time.  And a grand total of 80 days after 2000 years.

Hassler shows up in the lab, and tells them to release Margaret.  Sanest man in the room.

They completely retcon the day that Pilcher et all awoke from cryo -- complete with Pilcher's full head of hair.  Did the writer's even watch Season 1.

As they exit to ground level from the mountain, Pilcher and CJ find Abbie huts right outside the entrance -- then, CJ and Pilcher have a philosophical discussion about what to do next.  But apparently Pilcher says he planned for all this.

Back in the lab we get a vigorous discussion because WP was built over top of beautiful downtown Abbieville, and the Abbies are only attacking them because they want their home back.  But they only showed a few dozen living in the valley that were slaughtered by Pilcher's team, so where are the thousands of Abbies coming from ?

Hassler seems to be the only voice of reason in the lab. Hypnoteacher goes off on a tangent about Kerry not pulling her weight in the fertility dept.  Theo finally says that maybe, just maybe, Margaret is observing them.

Did someone send out a request for a flashmob outside the fence via the the Abbie Wifi ?

Cut to 4016 -- 2 years after being awoken from the cryo -- and WP is fully built and they are waking up all the Phase 1 people.  And we get a different perspective of the first riot in WP -- that apparently happened on the very first day of the Phase 1 awakening.

Back to Theo testing Margaret, and Jason and Kerry don't get why he is bothering to try and communicate.  Theo tries to test his theory and sticks his arm in the cage of one of the male Abbies which goes about as well as expected -- and Jason responds by killing all the male Abbies in the lab.  Hassler blocks Jason from killing Margaret and Theo steals Jason's pistol so easily.  Kerry is convinced that Hassler is right about Margaret being the leader -- and Hassler is convinced that Margaret was around for during Pilcher's slaughter.  Jason then storms off.

By the way, when Theo opened that Abbie cage, the door seemed really flimsy, and certainly not capable

Margaret looks over the dead Abbies, as Hassler goes on about how the Abbies are destined to replace them all.  Hypnoteacher goes on about forgetting the old world, and how she has seen so much, and she won't submit to new ideas about the Abbies.  And for some reason leaves the male Abbies bodies to decompose in their cages.

She walks through the pool of Hypnoteacher's blood and leaves the lab leaving a trail of bloody footprint.s

Turns out that Margaret watched the code that Theo punched into the male Abbie's cage and memorized it.  So yeah, she is smarter than the average Abbie.

You forgot one thing. When Theo sticks his hand in the cage the female Abbie screams and the male Abbie immediately lets go and cowers. This of course is not before he took a chunk out of Theos arm ?

• Love 1

Jeeze, a lot happened on this episode... Jason is the worst leader alive. Why do so many of them believe every single thing Pilcher said??? Do they really think he was this infallible just perfect human that never ever was wrong about anything. The female is clearly intelligent, they didn't have to test that to see it l, they scanned her brain and the evidence was right there. Makes no sense... But one thing I think tho is that the ground must be poisoned from all the abbies they killed to take over the settlement. That's the only explanation I can think of since the area outside the fence is fine. Seeing how Pilcher was, he probably used their bodies for fertilizer. That man seriously had no soul smh...

• Love 4

And I'm so glad hypnoteacher is dead. And the way she does was perfect. Margaret was so smart to slit the artery near her ankle. Since she was paralyzed she wouldn't feel it until it was too late to get help, awesome lol. Honestly at this point I hope the Abbies destroy the entire town. They deserve it...

51 minutes ago, raven said:

I bet there would be peace on earth if they fed Jason to the female abbie.

I completely agree...

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Ausia0347 said:

Jeeze, a lot happened on this episode... Jason is the worst leader alive. Why do so many of them believe every single thing Pilcher said??? Do they really think he was this infallible just perfect human that never ever was wrong about anything. The female is clearly intelligent, they didn't have to test that to see it l, they scanned her brain and the evidence was right there. Makes no sense... But one thing I think tho is that the ground must be poisoned from all the abbies they killed to take over the settlement. That's the only explanation I can think of since the area outside the fence is fine. Seeing how Pilcher was, he probably used their bodies for fertilizer. That man seriously had no soul smh...

They're brain dead and deserve to be wiped out.

The whole scene in the lab made me think of Planet of the Apes, where all the apes keep talking about how no human could ever talk or understand them, while Charlton Heston was listening to every word.

It kind of makes sense that they had someone getting unfrozen every few years, even if it is inconsistent. But why not have more than one person so they could make a judgement together? Why awake everyone when the abbies were still there? And if they didn't know they'd need a fence until they woke up, why did they suggest that Rebecca was the one who designed it along with her plans?

Last season didn't they say that coins from 2095 were the last remains of civilization? Because there still seemed to be enough humans around in 2500 to have news broadcasts.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ausia0347 said:

But one thing I think tho is that the ground must be poisoned from all the abbies they killed to take over the settlement. That's the only explanation I can think of since the area outside the fence is fine. Seeing how Pilcher was, he probably used their bodies for fertilizer. That man seriously had no soul smh...

What the hell did they do to poison the soil in the last 3 years --  because CJ indicated that the water and soil were safe when they emerged from the mountain. Because they keep saying nothing will grow, but there are trees and grass all over the place.

6 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

It kind of makes sense that they had someone getting unfrozen every few years, even if it is inconsistent. But why not have more than one person so they could make a judgement together? Why awake everyone when the abbies were still there? And if they didn't know they'd need a fence until they woke up, why did they suggest that Rebecca was the one who designed it along with her plans?

Last season didn't they say that coins from 2095 were the last remains of civilization? Because there still seemed to be enough humans around in 2500 to have news broadcasts.

Yep, they told Ben that 2095 was the last year of civilization from when coins were found when rebuilding WP, but if there were still news broadcasts in 2500 that pretty much indicates that there was some civilization kicking around and probably close by (because satellites wouldn't be working after 500 years).  Griffin still had clothing, which means someone was making those clothes.

• Love 1

Griffin wouldn't be changing into an Abbie if it was a genetic mutation as Pilcher said. Duh.

So glad Meghan is dead. Ding-dong the witch, etc. Now just please let that idiot Jason die.

Why wouldn't Pilcher be the one to wake up at set intervals? I know the answer. Because that would have made sense!

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Free said:
2 hours ago, Free said:

Smarter than any of these characters.

Smarter than any of these writers...

Couple questions: why is Margaret in a hospital gown?  And the males are naked?  How did they get the gown on her? Why does she walk like a normal human,  but the males walk like a cross between apes and humans?

How did they build the town, let alone so quickly, without electricity for the power tools,  building materials, etc. And there were like 15 people milling around.  So those 15 people, built the entire town in two years?  C'mon.

Glad hypno teacher is dead.  Well played Margaret, well played.  Thinking of playing,  maybe they should get CJ's chess board and have Margaret and CJ play a game or two. I think that would show her intelligence way better than some lame flashcards.  

I like that we didn't see a lot of the other characters on this episode. I did enjoy watching the CJ scenes.  Djimon is a great actor and I'm glad he finally got to show it.

Edited by juliet73
Because I am smarter than the average abbie
  • Love 3

I still don't see how the first people that were unfrozen built the entire town and wall before Group A woke up. It would take years and a huge amount of materials and construction equipment. 

I like Hope Davis so I'm glad she can move on to something better than this.

• Love 2
On July 5, 2016 at 10:51 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

That's got to be Jason -- oh look, hundreds and thousands of Abbies outside the fence, but we will be fine because of the fence.

Yep it sure feels like ret conning. The writers had the same questions we did i guess. Which may be one reason I'm actually enjoying season 2 more than season 1. But yes that scene with caged Margaret was incredibly derivative of planet of the apes. and they had to figure out somethings for the Abbies because unless they were flesh eating zombies than yeah, they'd raise children etc. I'm on team Abbie all the way. Kill all the people.

sad about hope david though. I was just beginning to think her character might be in a redemption arc.

4 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Theo was pretty close to Margaret's cage -- and Margaret never even mad a grab for him. 

Seriously, who builds cages that have openings at least 5"x5"?  Easy to reach out and grab the unwary victim, especially since he has a habit of turning his back on them.

4 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

But apparently Pilcher says he planned for all this.

Despite the Nazi-like uniforms of the Jasonites, Pilcher's statements gave me a vivid image of the "Manifest Destiny" credo that we all grew up with in grade school, as if to justify the wholesale removal of any current inhabitants of land that was desirable.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Yep, they told Ben that 2095 was the last year of civilization from when coins were found when rebuilding WP, but if there were still news broadcasts in 2500 that pretty much indicates that there was some civilization kicking around and probably close by (because satellites wouldn't be working after 500 years).  Griffin still had clothing, which means someone was making those clothes.

I guess Bitcoin really took off.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Seriously, who builds cages that have openings at least 5"x5"?  Easy to reach out and grab the unwary victim, especially since he has a habit of turning his back on them.

Yeah, I was gonna say that too. A person could get their arm out all the way to elbow or farther. Ever seen a prison showrunners? There is a reason why some prisoners only have a small window for food and tight bars. Is the character of Margaret actually played by a female actress? 

(edited)

Oh my god you killed Hope Davis?  Well not really but still.

is it wrong that I am rooting for the abbies?  I mean Jason was acting like a petulant child with a gun.  Killing the male abbies was just plain dumb.   He doesn't think things through and acts on pure anger and fear which is why he make a horrible leader.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Oh my god you killed Hope Davis?  Well not really but still.

is it wrong that I am rooting for the abbies?  I mean Jason was acting like a petulant child with a gun.  Killing the male abbies was just plain dumb.   He doesn't think things through and acts on pure anger and fear which is why he make a horrible leader.

That's really the only reason to watch, watching Abbies killing off morons.

• Love 4

I see that Hope Davis in the main credits didn't prevent Meg from continuing the "Kill off the Season One Characters!" spree!  I believe this means that Adam is actually the last one standing, which is kind of surprising and impressive.  But in this case, I'm glad it happen.  Hope was perfect in the role, but it was about time Meg's reign of terror came to an end.  Now, at least the youth of Wayward Pines can take solace in knowing that there won't be Creepy Aunt Meg around, to keep forcing them to fuck and pop out babies every other week.

Jason continues to make me think less and less of Pilcher, because he couldn't be any worse at being a leader.  Immature, hot-tempered, ignores obvious evidence that is right in front of him.  He sucks.  And now even Kerry is finally getting tired of his shit.  I really hope this ends with them leading a coup on his sorry ass, because he's going to bring the town down in a day at this rate.

While I'm all for Djimon Hounsou finally getting more to do, I wish it was more interesting.  Basically, CJ had to wake up once every one years to maintain the pods, prep them for the future, and check to see what was going on in current events.  And also stumble on a guy who was beginning to form into Abbie.  Oh, and play chess and have conversations with his dead wife and Hank and Beverly (talk about a blast from the past)'s profile folders.

I'm totally Team Abbie at this point.  I'm slowly warming up to Theo since he's really over all of this shit, but none of these characters are interesting enough to make me care.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, riverheightsnancy said:

Yeah, I was gonna say that too. A person could get their arm out all the way to elbow or farther. Ever seen a prison showrunners? There is a reason why some prisoners only have a small window for food and tight bars. Is the character of Margaret actually played by a female actress? 

Same thoughts here. Should have had Hannibal Lechter cages.

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

My theory is that the Abbies are the ones who built the wall. They just couldn't take it anymore. They had to contain all of  that stupid somehow.

Edited by OoogleEyes
  • Love 18

Well, now the kids can sneak around and have sex the old-fashioned way, which SHOULD result in a baby boom! By that time, jason Patric will have taken over the town along with new mate Margaret, who will teach them how to grow crops, domesticate livestock, and play better music. Looking forward to it.

• Love 4

Watched the whole episode - retcon aside, nice stuff from Djimon Hounsou.   Fine it worked, but was it really the best idea, PILCHER, to entrust the last of humanity to one guy?  What if he thought it would be supercool to turn of the cryos, walk to Australia, whatever?  More evidence that Pilcher is the worst.

4 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Immature, hot-tempered, ignores obvious evidence that is right in front of him.  He sucks.

Jason is the Kylo Ren of Wayward Pines.

Someone on this board said the abbies were getting fed abbie chow - close, we find out they're getting pellets of leftover food! Delish! How are those cages kept clean though?

I like Theo when he's being snarky.    I really have to LOL at Adam's continuing Geico caveman look.  Someone send him to Arlene or Theo's wife for a makeover, stat.

Oh well bye Megan!  At least you didn't feel any pain.  So they're wiping out all the S1 people and maybe we'll get a whole new show?

Run Margaret run!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Free said:

That's really the only reason to watch, watching Abbies killing off morons.

That would be an awesome ending, seeing all the humans die and the Abbies take over the town. It would be survival of the fittest. Pilcher talked about mutation and the Abbies "devolving," but the Abbies are the ones still alive and the humans died. Who does that suggest is the better species?

• Love 3

I enjoyed this episode. I feel that CJ should have hung together better. He wasn't awake that many days in total. I'm sure he was chosen for this task specifically, so he should have kept it together better. I was surprised when he knocked off the proto Abby. I wonder if more Abbies were watching them together and decided he was some kind of god, which made the Wayward Pines location sacred turf.

I'm so glad to see hypnoteacher is out of action. When she started in with her (final?) lecture, did anyone else see Margaret roll her eyes? I think the doctor did. That was proof of her intelligence right there. I can't wait to see more Margaret action next week.

• Love 2
(edited)
50 minutes ago, AppleCore said:

I enjoyed this episode. I feel that CJ should have hung together better. He wasn't awake that many days in total. I'm sure he was chosen for this task specifically, so he should have kept it together better.

I think he was traumatized by seeing humanity dying off bit by bit every 20 years, and having that time to contemplate and have second, third, ad fourth thoughts about what they had done - abducted a whole bunch of people out of their lives in order to thrust them into a fake world 2000 years into a future where humanity as they know it is gone.  It's messed up, so I'm not surprised he was messed up.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

That would be an awesome ending, seeing all the humans die and the Abbies take over the town. It would be survival of the fittest. Pilcher talked about mutation and the Abbies "devolving," but the Abbies are the ones still alive and the humans died. Who does that suggest is the better species?

Certainly not the idiots who can't even get the most basic things correctly.

On 7/6/2016 at 8:53 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

What the hell did they do to poison the soil in the last 3 years --  because CJ indicated that the water and soil were safe when they emerged from the mountain. Because they keep saying nothing will grow, but there are trees and grass all over the place.

Clearly, the soil was polluted by sadness when they drove the Abbies out.

15 hours ago, AppleCore said:

I enjoyed this episode. I feel that CJ should have hung together better. He wasn't awake that many days in total. I'm sure he was chosen for this task specifically, so he should have kept it together better.

More of that top notch WP psychological profiling.

Not sure why you'd use small cages with such wide gaps and keypad locks. Too small for large animals like pigs, gaps too large for small animals, and a keypad in easy reach from inside is useless for holding anything with more intelligence than Jason.

"Things are bad. Time to evolve bad skin and fast reflexes."

-- Humanity, circa 2500 CE ?

• Love 3
16 hours ago, AppleCore said:

I enjoyed this episode. I feel that CJ should have hung together better. He wasn't awake that many days in total. I'm sure he was chosen for this task specifically, so he should have kept it together better. I was surprised when he knocked off the proto Abby. I wonder if more Abbies were watching them together and decided he was some kind of god, which made the Wayward Pines location sacred turf.

I'm so glad to see hypnoteacher is out of action. When she started in with her (final?) lecture, did anyone else see Margaret roll her eyes? I think the doctor did. That was proof of her intelligence right there. I can't wait to see more Margaret action next week.

Margaret wasn't having any of that nonsense.

• Love 1
(edited)

This one stupid detail bothered me the whole show: Who was CJ playing chess against? At first I thought perhaps someone else was waking up on alternate decades and they took turns making moves, but nope. In his mind, it would be like he fell asleep and woke up, so it's not like he would realistically forget his intended end game to be able to play against himself, but I suppose that's what he was doing.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Latverian Diplomat said:

Clearly, the soil was polluted by sadness when they drove the Abbies out.

"Things are bad. Time to evolve bad skin and fast reflexes."

-- Humanity, circa 2500 CE ?

That has to be the source of the poison. :)

Love that quote.

Here's a question -- if there are so few female Abbies, why are there so many male Abbies ?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

This one stupid detail bothered me the whole show: Who was CJ playing chess against? At first I thought perhaps someone else was waking up on alternate decades and they took turns making moves, but nope. In his mind, it would be like he fell asleep and woke up, so it's not like he would realistically forget his intended end game to be able to play against himself, but I suppose that's what he was doing.

Yeah, I thought along much the same lines. Alternating wake ups of two different folks would have been cool BTW. And if his opposite number was suddenly just not there, disappearance never explained, that would have been a genuinely disturbing development for CJ.

It's actually really hard to play yourself in chess. By the end, he was mentally playing his dead(?) wife? But that kind of implies he was maybe picturing her there the whole time, in some sense? I guess he really was Pilcher's idea of the stable, reliable one.

I just couldn't bring myself to waste an hour watching this show, but maybe now I'll just fast forward to the end to see hypnoteacher die and Margaret drop the mic knife and walk out. Seems tlike that was the best part of the episode.

• Love 6

I think this was the first episode of the series that I've actually enjoyed.  Finally, someone exhibits some intelligence (Theo, Caveman guy, Jason's girlfriend at the end there) and annoying bitch in the wheelchair gets taken out.  Maybe all it took was taking out pretty much everyone who was in season 1 to make this show bearable.  Yep, it's still ridiculous, but maybe this is the turning point towards something good???

• Love 1

Why is Margaret the only Abbie wearing clothes?

Because it's harder to hide boobies than it is to hide the nether regions of the males. And this isn't HBO. Notice the cages have a perfectly placed metal cover positioned directly over the swimsuit area. When we see them out in the wild it's usually in the dark and they are hidden in shadows.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Because it's harder to hide boobies than it is to hide the nether regions of the males. And this isn't HBO. Notice the cages have a perfectly placed metal cover positioned directly over the swimsuit area. When we see them out in the wild it's usually in the dark and they are hidden in shadows.

You would have thought that since Margaret didn't immediately shred the garment that they put on her that would have been an immediate tip off that she wasn't a regular Abbie.

• Love 5