Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Time Will Tell

2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

You would have thought that since Margaret didn't immediately shred the garment that they put on her that would have been an immediate tip off that she wasn't a regular Abbie.

Not these morons, that have decided to ignore every sign of the Abbies for no good reason at all that it took a newcomer like Theo to point out the painfully obvious.

• Love 1

Here's the one thing that is very confusing -- the pennies that CJ was using to count the times he came out of cryo corroded over the years, but nothing else in the mountain appeared to degrade/corrode/breakdown over all that time.  Since the pennies corroded, it means that there wasn't anything special inside the mountain to stop natural processes.

I can't get past the fact that those TVs were working after 500 years -- or the radio -- or the lamp -- or the power source powering everything for 2000+ years. 

Inventing the cryo process is only a small portion of the overall puzzle to preserve EVERYTHING needed to rebuild society after 2000 years.  Unless Pilcher also managed to invent the equivalent of a null entropy field (similar to this in the Dune universe http://dune.wikia.com/wiki/Nullentropy) which in of itself would be an amazing discovery and could preserve everything as fresh as the day it went into the mountain, he would have also had to invent a power source to last for over 2000 years (another incredible invention).  It would have taken a technological renaissance across numerous disciplines to make this happen -- and yet they somehow they had enough space in the mountain for clothing for a dictatorial rule, washers/dryers, army jeeps, red vines, ice cream trucks and various vehicles that had been involved in car accidents (as part of the abduction process).

• Love 6
On 7/8/2016 at 4:10 PM, Court said:

Seeing Hypnoteacher finally die made watching this episode worth it.

It took me a few minutes to figure out why she didn't feel Margaret slice her leg open...

Quick question, I have watched the first 2 episodes of this season as the rest sit on my recorder. Has it improved at all? First few eps seemed like a poor rehash of last year minus the mystery aspect of 'wtf is actually happening'. Is it worth catching up?

33 minutes ago, TheRabbi said:

Quick question, I have watched the first 2 episodes of this season as the rest sit on my recorder. Has it improved at all? First few eps seemed like a poor rehash of last year minus the mystery aspect of 'wtf is actually happening'. Is it worth catching up?

IMO, no. I watch because the incredulous snark on this thread (Especially Otto's posts) are really worth it to me. I like a forum where everyone agrees! lol. Hey, Fear the Walking Dead is starting back up up soon! That is not AS bad! 

• Love 2

Alright, I'll keep them on the recorder and will be sure to check out the episode threads if I ever get to episode 3.

And I'm done with FTWD. Season 1 was pretty bad, season 2A was so bad I don't even think snarking on it would be worth it.

Still catching up.  Don't really expect anyone to be reading this post, but just have to comment anyway...

When Pilcher walked out of the cryo chamber with his oddly styled, weirdly colored hair, and started talking about how he wants drive out another race and build a giant wall,  it reminded me of a certain presidential candidate.

Why did Pilcher pack so many red-vine, which are, apparently, still soft and chewy after 2,000 years, and he didn't bother to pack a few cases of vitamins?

On 7/6/2016 at 9:38 PM, LittleIggy said:

Why wouldn't Pilcher be the one to wake up at set intervals? I know the answer. Because that would have made sense!

Yeah, the Pilcher we know would have definitely wanted to see what was going on and adjust his predictions based on the actual outcome.  I think the actor playing Pilcher couldn't commit to more time or wanted too much money.

On 7/7/2016 at 9:13 PM, AppleCore said:

I'm so glad to see hypnoteacher is out of action. When she started in with her (final?) lecture, did anyone else see Margaret roll her eyes? I think the doctor did. That was proof of her intelligence right there. I can't wait to see more Margaret action next week.

I saw it and it made me laugh out loud.  My other favorite comedic moment this episode was when hypnoteacher was rudely making comments about Theo's marriage and he says that he may have already found someone new and she sgets this gleam in her eye and starts looking coy.  Still, I am glad Margaret killed her off before we had to watch hypnoteacher try to flirt with Dr. Theo.

• Love 1

I've sadly been away from the forum but have watched the shows.  I cannot remember....did we get closure on Ben and his mommy?  I know the other guy with the beard dove into a sewer pipe so he could be alive.

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 9:48 AM, blueiris said:

I've sadly been away from the forum but have watched the shows.  I cannot remember....did we get closure on Ben and his mommy?  I know the other guy with the beard dove into a sewer pipe so he could be alive.

They found ben's body outside when the group was out there to plant or something... and then the mom got killed outside, too.

• Love 1