Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Week 6

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Padma said:

Thanks for this! He's even less impressive than I thought!

I haven't been following closely, but what is he doing now? What are his goals for the future--making a living--since football is obviously not it? (I remember reading he was going on this show to get a sportscaster job, but I'd be very surprised if that happens. He doesn't seem all that personable or smart, though the guys are obviously somewhat starstruck/intimidated by him for reasons that I can't understand.

Yeah, what does Jordan do for money?  Is his estranged brother supporting him?  His occupation is "former professional football player" - and that's obviously a stretch as I've said.  I can understand why the other guys would be envious/jealous/starstruck.  If they're football fans, how cool would it be to be the brother of a future first ballot Hall of Famer who is currently one of the best in the game?  How cool would it be to be friends with Jordan and hanging out and then Aaron Freaking Rodgers shows up?  How nice would it be if Jordan took all his buddies to a game and you got insider access to the locker room and such?  Either you're really envious or you just simply want to be his friend hoping that some of it rubs off on you.  

I'm quite surprised as I said that this is the first time we are hearing about the estrangement.  Jordan telling JoJo that Aaron probably doesn't even know he is doing the show?  Pfft.  You can bet once Big Ben took a look at JoJo when they were in Pittsburgh that he sent Aaron a text saying, "wow, your little brother is macking with a hot girl with a tight bod".  Wouldn't these guys have had some conversations with Jordan about being Aaron's brother?  Wouldn't at some point in the season he would have shared with the guys that he and Aaron aren't close and don't talk?  Doesn't seem like it, if the guys were thinking that JoJo would pick Jordan just so she could get football tickets.  Maybe Jordan chose to hide this part of his family life to use it as a big dramatic reveal to show JoJo how he can open up.

2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

As someone else noted, Aaron is famously very, very private. On top of that, there really wasn't much to tell or some big dramatic thing, from what I heard. But my friend is a hardcore Aaron Rodgers fan (huge football fan in general) and pretty much told me about this once it was announced Jordan would be on the show. She pretty much said if anyone was expecting some huge Aaron connection or appearance it wouldn't happen because it was a fact they weren't really talking at the moment. Again as posted above, there were a couple of passive aggressive social media posts that sort of tipped people off to that but that was it. However anyone expecting Aaron to be public on any of this, it's not going to happen.  

You can be private but you can still remember your roots and where you came from.  You can help out those who helped you get to where you are now.  Unless Aaron Rodgers was self-emancipated at 16 and put himself through school completely on his own without any support from family, it seems like the right thing to do would be to take care of family.  Now maybe he does and we just don't know.  But how sad is it for the Rodgers clan to have a world famous elite professional athlete, yet they don't get to enjoy watching him play and sharing in his success?  I am not a Packer fan and I dislike Rodgers with the fire of a thousand burning suns, but this just made me dislike him even more if that's even possible.

• Love 1

You can be private but you can still remember your roots and where you came from.  You can help out those who helped you get to where you are now.  Unless Aaron Rodgers was self-emancipated at 16 and put himself through school completely on his own without any support from family, it seems like the right thing to do would be to take care of family.  Now maybe he does and we just don't know.  But how sad is it for the Rodgers clan to have a world famous elite professional athlete, yet they don't get to enjoy watching him play and sharing in his success?  I am not a Packer fan and I dislike Rodgers with the fire of a thousand burning suns, but this just made me dislike him even more if that's even possible

YMMV but this seems like quite a leap based on very little. My point in stating that Aaron is very private was in response to someone asking how come none of this was in US Weekly and I was simply trying to say that if anyone is expecting Aaron Rodgers to publicly air his family/personal drama, it won't happen. Unless anyone here knows these people personally, all we have to go on is a couple of passive aggressive social media posts, Jordan saying some story while he's famewhoring on a reality show and rumors about the family supposedly not liking Aaron's current girlfriend. I don't see how any of that suggests that Aaron's forgotten his roots or is not taking care of or helping his family, especially since my understanding is that he and Jordan were quite close up until very recently.  And if they are all estranged, again, unless you know them personally, who is to say he is not justified in pulling away from them? 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I have no idea why she kept going on about how booting him immediately after he told her he loved her was showing him respect. What it really did was give her the chance to talk about herself as some kind of heartbreaker (much like she did with Wells), when I don't actually think Alex was all that into her. More than anyone else, he treated this show like a true competition and getting the prize was the goal, it didn't much matter what that prize was. But JoJo got to act like he was head over heels and she just can't help that she didn't love him the way he loved her. Bleh.

Yes.  It seemed like Jojo was coached that she could let him go as soon as he proclaimed his LOVE for her.  She had to string him along until he was "vulnerable and talking about feelings", and then she could release him.   And her little speech about it, seemed like she was told what to say, because she was not at all interested in him for a while now.  I think the story they wanted to tell was that she could not choose among all these great guys, and all the guys were "falling in love"  with her. 

It looked transparent to me, and hell, why can't she just tell a version of the truth?  There is a guy (or guys)  that she has stronger feelings for, so she can't see Alex as more than a friend.   THAT is a lot more respectful than making out with him, pretending that this is a real relationship, and then waiting until the "I love you"  so you can dump him. 

• Love 1

Jordan does some broadcasting work. Not sure why he alone is questioned about working. What does a former military vet do? How about former professional swimmer? Aspiring singer? The Bachelorette guys have always had dubious job titles. Who else can just take off their job for weeks and weeks. 

• Love 5

I just happened upon the Wings forum after posting here and it finally clicked with me who it is that Luke reminds me of (besides young Clint Eastwood), it's young Tim Daly with his floppy 90's hair:

tim day.jpg

• Love 1

As someone else noted, Aaron is famously very, very private. 

He used to be private until Olivia Munn. Then he became a red carpet attendee and his personal life is all over. She talked about their sex life even in an interview. 

"Something happened" ...like being a Super Bowl champion, multiple MVP-winning quarterback who is arguably the best in his position at the moment actually takes time and effort? And living in Wisconsin for the majority of the year means possibly not visiting family in Chico, California as much? Wow, color me shocked. ;)

And I think you can have work ethic, become great and still have a relationship with your parents and siblings. That's like saying that just because you live and work somewhere else you stop speaking to your brothers and don't even see them on holidays. Jordon's grandfather died a few weeks ago, anyone think Aaron showed up like his brothers did? You can put in time and effort and still be a member of a family.

• Love 4

He used to be private until Olivia Munn. Then he became a red carpet attendee and his personal life is all over. She talked about their sex life even in an interview. 

I am not a fan of Olivia and that's been the case since she stunk up The Daily Show (thankfully she didn't last long), but she is her own person. Yes she probably overshares and is an idiot but I still haven't seen Aaron himself being particularly public about his life. Joining his girlfriend on a red carpet at some event is not equivalent to putting your private life on display or talking about your private life. YMMV of course. 

• Love 4
(edited)

So very much time on the "cute little gaucho"!! He got that whole boring car ride, the gaucho date and a dinner. Luke's date was like 45 minutes tops! Even the guys were like "You're back already?"

I see Tim Daly in Luke but also a little Billy Cudrup.

How pathetic was James on that group date? The French fries thing wasn't exactly a turn-on and then his whole lame effort to take Robby down with "Wandering Eye Robby"--"We call him WER" I'm sure you do James  "Long Neck Luke" Taylor

Edited by Kbilly
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, dleighg said:

JoJo was clearly FAR more into the horse and the little dog at her dinner with Alex than she was with him. How could he be so dense?

Right?! She looked like she wanted to throw herself out of the moving Jeep during that drive. And she may have had to anyway if he took up any more damn room in that backseat - he was actually riding along holding onto both door handles at one point. Is he still getting used to being out of a booster seat or what?

• Love 7

Although there has been much discussion about Aaron and Jordan, what really struck me was how Jordan made everything Aaron's fault.  Jordan was all about how he 'does life' and remains humble really implication the opposite about Aaron.  Making himself all innocent in the estrangement.  Take note JoJo, nothing will ever be Jordan's fault.

I really started disliking JoJo this episode.  She so clearly could not even extend any pleasantries toward Alex.  I also think the crew is not crazy about JoJo as they showed a lot of her disinterest and her primping for the camera.  I think she's in for a huge shock about the sincerity of Jordan's profession of love.  And, oh my goodness, don't even get me started on drinking smashed grapes that they had stomped.  I think Jordan's arrogance in his ability to get her to do anything he wants was displayed when he asked how his foot juice smelled/tasted.  Idiot.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, greyhorse said:

You can be private but you can still remember your roots and where you came from.  You can help out those who helped you get to where you are now.  Unless Aaron Rodgers was self-emancipated at 16 and put himself through school completely on his own without any support from family, it seems like the right thing to do would be to take care of family.  Now maybe he does and we just don't know.  But how sad is it for the Rodgers clan to have a world famous elite professional athlete, yet they don't get to enjoy watching him play and sharing in his success?  I am not a Packer fan and I dislike Rodgers with the fire of a thousand burning suns, but this just made me dislike him even more if that's even possible.

Oh, they did and he did. For a decade. The family was at the draft, and when Aaron was a rookie, the oldest brother came to Wisconsin and lived with him.   Aaron was a 21 year old kid who had never lived away from the West Coast and needed a family member around. He built his parents the big house you're going to see next week. The Rodgers' were comfortable middle class (dad is a chiropractor), but that house they're in now was a gift from Aaron. Aaron always ran back to Chico on BYE weeks, and also bought a swanky off season home in San Diego, and the oldest brother lived there with him, got his MBA, and tended bar for spending cash. Basically lived on Aaron's dime. Jordan followed Aaron to the same community college and played for Aaron's old coach.  Aaron had his friend (and Vandy alumn), Jay Cutler, use his influence at Vandy on Jordan's behalf.  The Rodgers family was always in Aaron's box at Lambeau. He brought a huge family/friend entourage to the Super Bowl. He was very good to his family. This whole estrangement started around the same time that Rodgers got serious with Olivia Munn. His former fiancee (Sister of Shawntel) was a Chico girl and daughter of a family friend who grew up around the Rodgers boys. She wasn't a threat to the family dynamic. Olivia is another story.

I don't know what Munn is like, if this estrangement was her fault for being possessive or controlling, or the family's for feeling threatened by her. But, they basically made Aaron choose. Maybe they're also still pissed that he broke up with the hometown girl (who married someone else less than a year later). 

• Love 6

Mr. MML still thinks Joelle is charming and one of the best B'ettes ever. He did think she should have ditched Alex and gone for Carlos in the first date. He wonders why Alex, the shortest bachelor ever, is the only guy NOT sporting the tall-hair look.

I thought this episode was actually one of the better ones. Luke wouldn't do the gaucho date because he would never have put on the gaucho costume like Alex did (and why? very cool clothes but pointless). I love seeing people who are so at ease with horses--so, to me, Luke's slightest touch of the reins to guide his horse was awesome. I don't think he has the personality to carry the Bachelor, though. Still holding out for Wells here.

Tired of Jordan but oh well. The show is really tiptoeing around the Aaron connection--there must be lawyer letters flying about not using him to promote the show and the editing monkeys are probably deleting any hint of defamation too. Jordan's father is a chiropractor (so says Google) so probably earns a decent living to support the family's lifestyle without needing help from Aaron. 

Mr. MML also thought Robby already went home. Or Chase. He thinks they are triplets with not-Jim-from-the-office. At least we know who Luke and Jordan are.

James Taylor is lucky to have lasted as long as he did. I don't think he was really upset with being sent home.

Looking forward to the hometowns. And again, please, please, please, Mrs. Fletcher, when the boys come to your house, have full bottles of champagne in place of the wine glasses at dinner!! 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Kbilly said:

How pathetic was James on that group date? The French fries thing wasn't exactly a turn-on and then his whole lame effort to take Robby down with "Wandering Eye Robby"--"We call him WER" I'm sure you do James  "Long Neck Luke" Taylor

Yeah, James never got that the way to win a woman's heart is to focus on your own positive qualities, NOT by tearing others down.

James is so immature.  How did he make it on this show.. No offense to him but jo jo is way out of his league! And not just in looks.  He acts like he's an awkward 19 year old whose never had a girlfriend.  No woman thinks it's funny or cool when a guy stuffs a bunch of fries in his mouth.  Alex is horrible at reading people.  Jo jo turned away from every attempt at a kiss.  They had nothing to say to each other in the car.  She loves touching the guys and she kept her hands away from Alex and seemed to cringe when he touched her.. She was paying  more attention to the horse and avoiding contact with Alex.. Alex when a gal calls u a cute little gaucho she is not attracted or interested in u.  U don't draw attention or mock someone's lack of height if u r interested in them. Alex is a good looking guy but too short for jo jo. I think she'd actually taller than him.  I thought it was heartless of her to let him think their date was wonderful and let him confess his love... Though really Alex? You fell in love with her the first time saw her? No woman wants to hear that crapcrap.  U couldn't even Hold a conversation with her or pay attention to her to realize she was not into you at all buddy! 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, backformore said:

Yeah, James never got that the way to win a woman's heart is to focus on your own positive qualities, NOT by tearing others down.

Also by not shoveling 25 french fries into your mouth at once... Especially in front of your "girlfriend" that is barely into you as it is and is "dating" 4 other dudes (none of whom appeared to have half-chewed snacks overflowing out of their mouth at that moment).

• Love 3

I was so grossed out by the food in his mouth almost as much as drinking the foot juice (DISGUSTING). Speaking of the food was that not The World's Saddest Pizza in her comfort food room service?

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Oh, they did and he did. For a decade. The family was at the draft, and when Aaron was a rookie, the oldest brother came to Wisconsin and lived with him.   Aaron was a 21 year old kid who had never lived away from the West Coast and needed a family member around. He built his parents the big house you're going to see next week. The Rodgers' were comfortable middle class (dad is a chiropractor), but that house they're in now was a gift from Aaron. Aaron always ran back to Chico on BYE weeks, and also bought a swanky off season home in San Diego, and the oldest brother lived there with him, got his MBA, and tended bar for spending cash. Basically lived on Aaron's dime. Jordan followed Aaron to the same community college and played for Aaron's old coach.  Aaron had his friend (and Vandy alumn), Jay Cutler, use his influence at Vandy on Jordan's behalf.  The Rodgers family was always in Aaron's box at Lambeau. He brought a huge family/friend entourage to the Super Bowl. He was very good to his family. This whole estrangement started around the same time that Rodgers got serious with Olivia Munn. His former fiancee (Sister of Shawntel) was a Chico girl and daughter of a family friend who grew up around the Rodgers boys. She wasn't a threat to the family dynamic. Olivia is another story.

I don't know what Munn is like, if this estrangement was her fault for being possessive or controlling, or the family's for feeling threatened by her. But, they basically made Aaron choose. Maybe they're also still pissed that he broke up with the hometown girl (who married someone else less than a year later). 

Thank you for this.  Tried to do some research online but everything now I see about Aaron and family is in relation to the show.  If it's Olivia and she's making him choose, then that's sad that he would choose a girl over family.  But that's just me.

I do believe that JoJo wanted to use the one on one to see if there were any feelings for Alex.  But obviously there were not.  But then why did she keep saying how great a day they had?  Why let him go on and on?  I realize that they had to do dinner and let it play out.  But as she said in the interview where she was talking about how she sucks at the whole thing and doesn't know what she's doing, maybe she should have stopped him.  I guess, however, it's all about drama for the show.  It's not like he was getting down on one knee and she had to stop him from proposing.  

7 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I know they usually bring back the F2-F4 as the next bachelor/ette, but I'd rather see Derek or Wells than any of the remaining guys at this point.

Not always.  They didn't pick any of the guys from Ali's season, instead they gave Brad a second shot; and they didn't chose any of the ladies from Ben's season, they chose Emily, instead.  Hopefully, they will pick from another season, because I can't see any of these guys as the next Bachelor.

18 hours ago, hyacinth said:

I have watched like 19 seasons of The Bachelor and 11 of the Bachelorette and I've never been so bored.   

JoJo's season is boring, because I believe Fleiss and Company like and respect her; much like they did Trista and Emily, and are loathe to show her in a less than flattering light. Even her hometown visits appear to be drama free.  By comparison, they clearly did not like the last Bachelorette. She was depicted as trashy, vulgar and crude; unworthy to visit the families of her final four.   

• Love 1

I don't follow football and didn't really care about how the famous brother connection was going to play out. I mean, to me, this storyline was no different from professional sports reject Josh and his apparently more talented brother. And neither sad brother was nearly as exciting to me as pathetic Charlie O'Connell and whether we'd see his famous brother. But as soon as Jordan mentioned the estrangement, I perked up! I'm entirely intrigued and soaking up all of these tidbits of gossip! Hell, this show has been lacking in Wrong Reasons drama since Chad left, so we need something juicy to focus on. Keep the gossip and insider tidbits coming!

• Love 2

The most interesting part of this episode was learning that Chase could beatbox (during the bus rap). I think I saw more personality and talent (lol) during those 30 seconds than I've seen throughout most of this season. Perhaps the show should just feature this group of contestants trapped on a bus, as it seems to bring out more charm than JoJo is able to.

• Love 8

I think Luke would be a dull Bachelor. He seems very quiet and not outgoing enough to carry a season. Nice guy, but dullsville for a TV season.

I think Wells would make a great Bachelor, but I don't think they'll choose him. Which sucks because I think he's got a lot of humour and charisma and could rock a season.

That rap they made up had me laughing.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I don't follow football and didn't really care about how the famous brother connection was going to play out. I mean, to me, this storyline was no different from professional sports reject Josh and his apparently more talented brother. And neither sad brother was nearly as exciting to me as pathetic Charlie O'Connell and whether we'd see his famous brother. But as soon as Jordan mentioned the estrangement, I perked up! I'm entirely intrigued and soaking up all of these tidbits of gossip! Hell, this show has been lacking in Wrong Reasons drama since Chad left, so we need something juicy to focus on. Keep the gossip and insider tidbits coming!

The difference here is that Aaron Rodgers is one of the best players in the NFL, and one of the top quarterbacks in its entire history.  That's why it is interesting to me.  Aaron Murray, Josh's brother, is a backup QB for the Kansas City Chiefs who so far has not amounted to much and does not appear to be on the same career trajectory as Aaron Rodgers.  

I suspect we are going to see Jordan's hometown dominated by the estrangement from Aaron. I wonder if there is any part of Jordan that is envious and maybe even resentful of the success that his brother has had in his professional career and life.  Is it possible Jordan wishes he had the same kind of success?  I'm sure.  I know if my brother was a world famous megarich athlete, I'd be really happy for him.  But it seems not the case here.  

I loved the beatboxing (what do they call it?  it's not improv.  it's just making up songs off the cuff.  I'm getting too old and don't remember the term) of the four dudes in the bus.  I wonder if they made that song up and then sang it for the camera, or if it was all spontaneous.  Were they doing that because the little dude Alex also said he could do it?

• Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, arieswriting said:

I think Luke would be a dull Bachelor. He seems very quiet and not outgoing enough to carry a season. Nice guy, but dullsville for a TV season.

I don't see the appeal of Luke either. I have a feeling he would be as exciting as Prince Farming. And he's just not that attractive to me. If he's chosen as the next lead though, I'm sure they'll get more flattering pictures of him than the one on hi B'ette Bio.

I second the notion that this has been an unbelievably boring season. I thought JoJo was doing well early on, and she kind of fell flat as the weeks went on. But the blame goes both ways - her guys are boring and bland as well. They're just not inspiring any reaction of either rooting for them, or rooting against them. Not even the manufactured drama of Jordan is making it interesting. Even Robby's ex-drama ins't inspiring TV hatred in me like it would usually do. All of it is just blah and meh.

This is just bad casting overall. Last night I just went to bed halfway through the show, I think during Jordan's date. At least during Andi's season, it was interesting enough to keep me awake, even though I had a newborn baby around that time.

I'm so bored I now wonder how Caila would have been. 

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

I wonder if there is any part of Jordan that is envious and maybe even resentful of the success that his brother has had in his professional career and life. 

I'm getting the impression that it may be...every part.

• Love 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, Artsda said:

Aaron doesn't really have anything to do with any of his family these days. It's like Jordon and Luke are the only brothers. The rest of the family are really close/together, Aaron's not. It wasn't always like that, but something happened within recent years. Tabs and gossip claimed random things like the family's religion and Olivia Munn. 

The rumors about Aaron being gay from a few years back seem to fit into this story, so I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.  The Rodgers family is devout Christian, so I thought of that when Jordan said the estrangement is due to the "way he (Aaron) chooses to do life" vs. the rest of the family.  If true, he wouldn't be the first person to stay in the closet due to religious reasons or family shame.  Some quick background info. on the story: in 2013 (I think), news was circulating that a major NFL star was going to come out.  It never happened, but there was a lot of speculation around Aaron after his friend, named Kevin Lanflisi, posted cryptic tweets about their alleged break-up.  Kevin was not only Aaron's friend, business manager, and frequent companion, but they lived together, and Aaron once said in an interview that he judged people he met by how they treated Kevin, as opposed to him (being a bigwig...).  Aaron addressed the gay rumor by denying it, saying he "really, really liked women," and within months, started dating a Hollywood starlet who loves (and needs) press and publicity, talked about him a lot, and even talked about their sex life.  All of this is straight out of the playbook on how to stay closeted and prove you're straight. Plus, it puts the family estrangement in a context that makes sense, at least to me.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 11
38 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Those of us that were hoping for Caila as Bachelorette have been wondering that since episode 1!  ;-)

Olivia made some comments about their sex life, but I think this was the only place.  I actually saw this episode and had no idea who her boyfriend was, I was just a huge fan of hers from "The Newsroom".  And just how much pearl-clutching and garment-rending should this really induce?  Pretty damn tame to me. 

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-olivia-munn-121214

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LotusFlower said:

The rumors about Aaron being gay from a few years back seem to fit into this story, so I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.  The Rodgers family is devout Christian, so I thought of that when Jordan said the estrangement is due to the "way he (Aaron) chooses to do life" vs. the rest of the family.  If true, he wouldn't be the first person to stay in the closet due to religious reasons or family shame.  Some quick background info. on the story: in 2013 (I think), news was circulating that a major NFL star was going to come out.  It never happened, but there was a lot of speculation around Aaron after his friend, named Kevin Lanflisi, posted cryptic tweets about their alleged break-up.  Kevin was not only Aaron's friend, business manager, and frequent companion, but they lived together, and Aaron once said in an interview that he judged people he met by how they treated Kevin, as opposed to him (being a bigwig...).  Aaron addressed the gay rumor by denying it, saying he "really, really liked women," and within months, started dating a Hollywood starlet who loves (and needs) press and publicity, talked about him a lot, and even talked about their sex life.  All of this is straight out of the playbook on how to stay closeted and prove you're straight. Plus, it puts the family estrangement in a context that makes sense, at least to me.

That story has been disproven and Rodgers didn't 'live with' a guy, he had a roommate who he later hired and fired, and the guy didn't like being fired. On top of that, , Green Bay fans initially didn't like Rodgers thinking he was taking something away from our beloved Brett Favre. Rodgers has always had girlfriends and in general I believe people who say they are straight. Olivia Munn has no reason to be someone's beard and I don't believe that had anything to do with the estrangement. I think that families often have difficulty when one member is either wealthier or more famous than the rest. Sometimes the family has expectations that are unreasonable and sometimes the famous person "forgets" the family. It is difficult to know what's going on here.

• Love 3
(edited)

Not sure what the difference is between living with someone, and calling them a roommate.  As far as rumors go, some people are going to believe them, some don't.  To me, timing makes the rumor pretty credible.  Dating Olivia Munn and the estrangement all happened on the heels of the alleged break-up/gay rumor.  And if the family stopped talking to him because of fame and wealth, then why was it sudden?  The family supposedly supported Aaron and attended all the Packers games for years.  And there's also the religious aspect...

IF this is true, I think it's relevant to Jordan and the show.  I have no idea what Jojo's background or religion is, or her views on homosexuality (and the show never discusses this, right?), but I would certainly want to know this kind of stuff about a suitor.  

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 3

Eh, who cares, he's a weazel. The older brother's whole face was screwed up with petty jealousy and resentment in that mini-clip of the hometowns. I expect there's quite a bit of sibling rivalry chez Jordan.

I echo the never been so bored in my life comments - and I came into this season so excited the B'ette was JoJo. I am now reduced to shouting  Oh, FFS! every time she touches her hair or face as a man is "professing his real feelings to her" or telling her something private and important. IT HAS TO STOP!

Highlights: 'cute little goucho' - ouch

Horses!

Kittens!

• Love 2
(edited)
57 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Those of us that were hoping for Caila as Bachelorette have been wondering that since episode 1!  ;-)

Olivia made some comments about their sex life, but I think this was the only place.  I actually saw this episode and had no idea who her boyfriend was, I was just a huge fan of hers from "The Newsroom".  And just how much pearl-clutching and garment-rending should this really induce?  Pretty damn tame to me. 

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-olivia-munn-121214

I'm in that group! I too wanted Caila to be the B'ette at first, and was thrilled when the pics were released and the "confirmation" came out. JoJo was ok for me, however I didn't think JoJo would be this boring of a B'ette. What Fleiss and Co. did to Caila was still pretty assholic though. 

Yeah, nothing to write home about re: Munn. So they don't have sex on game days. BFD. There's nothing earth-shattering regarding her "revelation" on their sex life. I thought with all of that talk, she was describing different positions they were doing it in. 

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

I'm in that group! I too wanted Caila to be the B'ette at first, and was thrilled when the pics were released and the "confirmation" came out. JoJo was ok for me, however I didn't think JoJo would be this boring of a B'ette. What Fleiss and Co. did to Caila was still pretty assholic though. 

Yeah, nothing to write home about re: Munn. So they don't have sex on game days. BFD. There's nothing earth-shattering regarding her "revelation" on their sex life. I thought with all of that talk, she was describing different positions they were doing it in. 

Who's Fleiss and Co. and what did they do to Caila?

16 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Some people just natter on without ever having seen the interview.  Idiots. 

23 minutes ago, violet and green said:

Eh, who cares, he's a weazel. The older brother's whole face was screwed up with petty jealousy and resentment in that mini-clip of the hometowns. I expect there's quite a bit of sibling rivalry chez Jordan.

Absolutely!  We'll finally get to see brother Luke and hear what he has to say about the evil Aaron and the angel Jordan.  

• Love 2

That gaucho date was weird. And poor, poor clueless Alex. Ah well. Can't say I'll miss him any.

James, James, James. Far be it from me to tell you how to live your life, but if your A-game consists of tattling on other guys' real or imagined failings and stuffing french fries into your mouth until you puke, you may want to work on some new material.

I found Robby's simultaneous annoyance at the very idea that there are frontrunners and conviction that he was definitely one (the one) a little odd and off-putting. I always find it funny when contestants scoff at the notion that there are frontrunners, though. Please. Human nature and interaction suggests that all but, like, three of your could be eliminated on the first night. Most of you are just filler. There are definitely frontrunners, and most of you must believe you are among them for the very premise of the show to even work. Sucks for you, dude, but by now you really should understand this.

Jordan... eh. I just don't care. I did notice the big romantic music swell when they kissed on their date, though.

Luke makes me swoon a little. I find his face beautiful in a delightfully imperfect way. I dig his soft-spoken drawl. Seeing him interact so naturally and easily with the horses was dreamy. Based on what we've seen, at least, I do think he would make for boring TV. But that's kind of another plus for him personally, as far as I'm concerned. I feel like living with him would be just the kind of chill, drama-free existence that I'm very much down with. Of course, I already have a husband, but, you know, details.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Not sure what the difference is between living with someone, and calling them a roommate.  As far as rumors go, some people are going to believe them, some don't.  To me, timing makes the rumor pretty credible.  Dating Olivia Munn and the estrangement all happened on the heels of the alleged break-up/gay rumor.  And if the family stopped talking to him because of fame and wealth, then why was it sudden?  The family supposedly supported Aaron and attended all the Packers games for years.  And there's also the religious aspect...

IF this is true, I think it's relevant to Jordan and the show.  I have no idea what Jojo's background or religion is, or her views on homosexuality (and the show never discusses this, right?), but I would certainly want to know this kind of stuff about a suitor.  

Because living with another person of the same sex does not make a person gay. And Aaron is not the suitor here so what stuff is JoJo supposed to know about? 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Madding crowd said:

Because living with another person of the same sex does not make a person gay. And Aaron is not the suitor here so what stuff is JoJo supposed to know about? 

Agreed on the first part. And the rumours are probably not true and thus irrelevant. However, hypothetically speaking, if the rumours were true, I think that would be something JoJo should know. If it were me, and my potential husband were estranged from his brother because said brother was gay, I would definitely want to know that, because that would be a flat-out, non-negotiable deal-breaker for me (the treatment of the gay brother, I mean, not the gay brother).

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

That story has been disproven and Rodgers didn't 'live with' a guy, he had a roommate who he later hired and fired, and the guy didn't like being fired. On top of that, , Green Bay fans initially didn't like Rodgers thinking he was taking something away from our beloved Brett Favre. Rodgers has always had girlfriends and in general I believe people who say they are straight. Olivia Munn has no reason to be someone's beard and I don't believe that had anything to do with the estrangement. I think that families often have difficulty when one member is either wealthier or more famous than the rest. Sometimes the family has expectations that are unreasonable and sometimes the famous person "forgets" the family. It is difficult to know what's going on here.

Also, last year, Aaron won plaudits from the LGBT community for publicly calling out some Green Bay fans who were directing homophobic slurs at an opposing player. Not that that dispels any gay rumors, but I imagine someone probably wouldn't insert themselves into that situation if they were trying to stay on the down low.  Personally, I don't buy the gay rumors, but even if they're true, it says nothing about him and everything about his family if that's the reason for the estrangement. 

Meanwhile, I'm still giggling from the way Jojo seemed to deflate a little when she realized there weren't gonna be any family barbecues with Aaron and Olivia in her future. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Who's Fleiss and Co. and what did they do to Caila?

Same thing they did to Arie. They filmed an intro package for her as the next B'ette, and pulled the rug from her at the last minute. I know, I know, it's been done before and there's precedent, but I still think it's pretty shitty of them to do that to anyone.

Also, from what I gathered, at least with Arie, he knew there was competition and that he wasn't the only choice. With Caila, it seemed like she was the only choice, until JoJo apparently got a great reception during the penultimate episode and so they made the last-minute switch during the AFTR special, in which the F2 is usually teary-eyed and still supposed to be in the "why wasn't it me?" stage. But I guess being the B'ette, JoJo got over her broken heart pretty quickly.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

To your first point - of course not.  I just thought you corrected me by saying he didn't live with the guy, but rather they were roommates, which means the same thing.  I do find it kind of unusual for a multimillionaire to have a roommate, but of course it proves nothing.  Just part of a bigger story.  As to your second point - if the rumor is true, with Aaron on one side and Jordan on the other, don't you think that's something JoJo would be interested in knowing?  Frankly, whatever the reason is for the estrangement is important to know, imo.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Same thing they did to Arie. They filmed an intro package for her as the next B'ette, and pulled the rug from her at the last minute. I know, I know, it's been done before and there's precedent, but I still think it's pretty shitty of them to do that to anyone.

Also, from what I gathered, at least with Arie, he knew there was competition and that he wasn't the only choice. With Caila, it seemed like she was the only choice, until JoJo apparently got a great reception during the penultimate episode and so they made the last-minute switch during the AFTR special, in which the F2 is usually teary-eyed and still supposed to be in the "why wasn't it me?" stage. But I guess being the B'ette, JoJo got over her broken heart pretty quickly.

Thanks for the response. I guess I just assumed that they only approached the next bachelorette with an offer when they were sure that's who they really wanted. That's shitty.

The alleged Rodgers family drama is way more interesting than the season.  I'm not a football fan, so I didn't know about all the rumors and such - thanks for all the perspectives.  I am usually indifferent to famous athletes, but just from reading the comments here, I sympathize with Aaron.  Jordan: meh. 

I think Luke has a nice, seemingly natural buff bod (side eye to the Chad), but I don't find him handsome, and I could not abide an entire season of his voiceovers, ITMs, and conversations with the ladies. I can't remember the last time a man's voice grated on my nerves so much.    

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, kingshearte said:

Agreed on the first part. And the rumours are probably not true and thus irrelevant. However, hypothetically speaking, if the rumours were true, I think that would be something JoJo should know. If it were me, and my potential husband were estranged from his brother because said brother was gay, I would definitely want to know that, because that would be a flat-out, non-negotiable deal-breaker for me (the treatment of the gay brother, I mean, not the gay brother).

She should definitely know if she's entering a family of bigots.

• Love 7

I think rumors about a contestant's sibling being gay are pretty far afield from anything we saw in this episode.  We saw Jordan laying the groundwork for JoJo not getting to meet the family member of his who is the very raison d'etre of his being cast, and probably of his making it this far with JoJo.

I would be willing to bet that whatever quote we saw from the other brother in the preview is completely unrelated to Aaron's relationship with the rest of his family, and that any alleged "estrangement" never even comes up next week.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KenyaJ said:

Meanwhile, I'm still giggling from the way Jojo seemed to deflate a little when she realized there weren't gonna be any family barbecues with Aaron and Olivia in her future. 

That really was good. Her face! Hehehe.  (Not as good as the horses. I can't believe this show has come down to me just hoping for another shot of some wildlife, or interesting architecture.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Alapaki said:

I think rumors about a contestant's sibling being gay are pretty far afield from anything we saw in this episode.  We saw Jordan laying the groundwork for JoJo not getting to meet the family member of his who is the very raison d'etre of his being cast, and probably of his making it this far with JoJo.

I would be willing to bet that whatever quote we saw from the other brother in the preview is completely unrelated to Aaron's relationship with the rest of his family, and that any alleged "estrangement" never even comes up next week.

This is why I find it so interesting.  Without Aaron Rodgers, does Jordan get cast on the show?  Would JoJo take an instant liking to him if he had no famous brother?  Does he make it this far?  She probably was envisioning future holidays and vacations spent with Aaron and Olivia in some place exotic and unattainable for us regular folk.  I wonder if Jordan purposefully withheld this information until the very end for fear that she would lose interest in him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

This is why I find it so interesting.  Without Aaron Rodgers, does Jordan get cast on the show?  Would JoJo take an instant liking to him if he had no famous brother?  Does he make it this far?  She probably was envisioning future holidays and vacations spent with Aaron and Olivia in some place exotic and unattainable for us regular folk.  I wonder if Jordan purposefully withheld this information until the very end for fear that she would lose interest in him. 

No to all of your questions. i dont think he would have lasted more than two rose ceremonies if he was cast at all. His personality is seriously lacking.

• Love 2

The reason I've been wondering how a Caila season would have been is because I doubt she would have zeroed in on the doofus that is Jordan Rodgers. I'm not sure WHO she would have had as her final four dudes, (maybe some guys who left night one?) but this F4 rat pack is dudsville.

She should definitely know if she's entering a family of bigots.

Yes, and she should really try and find that out when she meets her future finance, and his family, whoever that may be,  because she's not marrying any of these dudes, that's for sure.

• Love 2
(edited)

I have watched like 19 seasons of The Bachelor and 11 of the Bachelorette and I've never been so bored

But, but, I was absolutely riveted to the screen when JoJo and Jordan spent what felt like five minutes of their date recapping to each other exactly what we'd just seen them do

That's some spectacular television there, Bachelorette.

Edited by bobbyjoe
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, greyhorse said:

YES, to Jordan withholding the info, and GOD NO to him making it this far if he didn't have a famous brother. He'd have a much different life all around if Aaron weren't....Aaron Rodgers. 

Without being "Aaron Rodgers brother," Jordan would still be back in Chico. Maybe he'd have played high school football and junior college football at Butte, because he is obviously a good athlete, but an SEC caliber QB? Doubtful. Vanderbilt is probably the least successful football program in the SEC. It's actually a tough and academically competitive private school. It's not a football factory, which is why Jordan probably never would have gotten in without "help" from Aaron and his pal, Jay. The boy's a bit of a meathead.  He definitely wouldn't have gotten tryouts on several NFL and CFL squads. And he certainly wouldn't have had his Oscar worthy movie role as the "acapella Packer in the back row, blocked by Clay Matthews' biceps" in Pitch Perfect 2.  Being Aaron Rodgers' Brother has certainly been a hardship for him, hasn't it? Pfffft. I think THAT is what has really turned me off on Jordan. He's using his brother AGAIN, but this time in front of cameras, on a reality dating show, for sympathy and by playing victim of the brother's success. Using his name and the current family dynamic, to win this show...and get laid. What a tool. 

And yes, rumors that his Christian upbringing and homophobia by the family, led to the estrangement. I didn't address it because if it is true, who gives two shits if Aaron is gay? The NFL needs to catch up with modern times and stop treating the possibility that one of its biggest stars may be gay, as a Scarlet Letter. And the "roommate" in question, who posted butt hurt tweets after being fired by Aaron, is now married. To a female.  If they were trying to keep this in the closet, dragging a fairly successful actress like Olivia Munn, and the girl who married Lanflisi, into the mess, seems really overboard. 

I wonder how much poor Jordan "suffered" when Aaron beat an astronaut on Celebrity Jeopardy?  Yeah, he's also smarter than you. That's gotta sting. "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia...."

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 8