Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, fairffaxx said:

It's "4Imprint" -- which doesn't explain that stupid phrase.  I loathe those commercials. 

The only one I will smile at is the one with the Great Dane and the small doggie door. It is silly, but anything with a dog makes me smile.  Otherwise, I cannot stand any of them.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Like 4
(edited)

Yoplait commercial with America Ferrera:

1) America is NOT a country

2) When she says she doesn't talk about herself in the third person then asks herself "Do I"? - "I" is NOT third person. 

frustrated-annoyed.gif

Whoever wrote this commercial needs to be fired

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1

@Yeah No Did you hear me laughing while I was watching that incredibly hilarious Lewis Black routine just now? I hadn't seen it in ages. Geez...I actually had a tear on my cheek from laughing. I think that was/is his best one ever. Whenever I pick up a little bottle of my Deer Park water, I think of what he said 😁 Thanks for a lotta laughs this evening!!

• LOL 1
On 8/28/2024 at 7:39 PM, KLovestoShop said:

I am getting so sick and tired of mostly women who can’t pronounce the letter T if it’s in the middle of a word. The Imprint commercial with a girl says “for certain”, but it comes out cerin.  It’s just lazy speech, and it needs to be pointed out to them.  There was another commercial, I can’t remember what it was for, but the girl kept saying mouain instead of mountain.

Here in CT there's an old commercial that they still show where a man asks two young women on the street if they know where he can find great Chinese food in the area. They both say at the same time, "That's easy, Great Taste in New Britain", except they leave the T in New Britain out altogether and just say New Bri-IN. Drives me nuts every time but I'm told that's actually how natives of the town pronounce it. No comment, LOL. 😉

• Useful 1
19 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

But sometimes it's necessary - that's what the apostrophe is for in Hawai'i.

(But I still don't understand what "For Imprint Certain?" means.)

Me too. I want to know what the great uncertainty is concerning promotional products. My common sense is telling me there isn't any and the commercial is about a offering a solution for an invented problem.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I don't see the reasoning behind the AT&T commercial with the man riding a horse in the dentist office.    That's just bizarre. 

I think that's the point, it's bizarre like the guy's supposed to be. And it's just bizarre enough to make me laugh every time. I'm a sucker for animals in commercials. 🤷‍♀️

Speaking of animals in commercials, suddenly pigeons with famous voices are having a moment. Three separate companies are showing them and now the YouTubers have noticed and are commenting on it. DirecTV is one of them. Progressive is another. I forget the third. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

@Yeah No Did you hear me laughing while I was watching that incredibly hilarious Lewis Black routine just now? I hadn't seen it in ages. Geez...I actually had a tear on my cheek from laughing. I think that was/is his best one ever. Whenever I pick up a little bottle of my Deer Park water, I think of what he said 😁 Thanks for a lotta laughs this evening!!

You're welcome! I agree I love that routine of his the best. My husband never lets me forget it. I didn't even tell him about how I posted that video but just this morning when he saw a commercial for almond milk he started into it ranting about how there's no little "almond tittie", LOL. Gets me every time, LOL!

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Me too. I want to know what the great uncertainty is concerning promotional products. My common sense is telling me there isn't any and the commercial is about a offering a solution for an invented problem.

Because it's all custom work, they're trying to promote the fact they take extra steps to ensure everything is correct as far as wording, spelling, colors, layout, etc before your product goes to production.  

• Like 5
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Because it's all custom work, they're trying to promote the fact they take extra steps to ensure everything is correct as far as wording, spelling, colors, layout, etc before your product goes to production.  

Nevermind.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
(edited)
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

You're welcome! I agree I love that routine of his the best. My husband never lets me forget it. I didn't even tell him about how I posted that video but just this morning when he saw a commercial for almond milk he started into it ranting about how there's no little "almond tittie", LOL. Gets me every time, LOL!

I was just waiting for him to get to the soy milk part. Always think of him sputtering about what it really is. When I first saw him, it was during the special in which he did this routine. Something about him reminded me of my husband's older, curmudgeonly brother which made it even funnier (he was always grousing about anything & everything). Hey...this comment posted when I sneezed (& I wasn't even finished with my post 🧐).

Edited by annzeepark914

The Cointreau commercial with Aubrey Plaza who insists that a margarita made without Cointreau is a "marga-wrong" makes me angry, but I'm also kind of wondering where she got that cute outfit. 

• LOL 5

The PNC bank commercial with the family at the table while the Mom is busy day trading to earn a enough money for her kids' wedding? I think she's suppose to come off crazy but she comes off like she has an addiction. 

I guess Jane Seymour doesn't want to be remembered as Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman or for her role in Somewhere In Time, etc.   No, she wants to be enshrined in our memories forevermore as the Crepe Erase lady.

Those Crepe Erase commercials play so often on MSNBC -- like EVERY commercial break -- that I now hate Jane Seymour.   I hate everything about her.   I even hate her accent.

She's 73 years old -- sorry, Jane, but I don't want to hear about your "smooth, sexy skin."  It's crepey.   I mean creepy.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
On 8/18/2024 at 7:14 AM, dleighg said:

what I hate about that ad is that a guy I've always thought of as nice uses his position as a weatherman to send everyone home from the beach so he can have it by himself. How obnoxious!

I have always seen Al Roker as more of a buffoon than nice, but I know what you mean.  More egregious, in my opinion, is that Roker, one of the world's most famous weathermen -- a position in which the practitioners are supposed to be accurate and objective -- has no problem portraying a weatherman who lies through his teeth for his own benefit. 

Also, at least in this part of the country, the premise of the commercial is a sore reminder of Chris Christie's stunt during Covid.  He closed down all the New Jersey beaches, told everybody to stay locked down.   Then he, his family and friends went down to the beach and had it all to themselves.

But getting back to Al Roker.   When he drives past the disappointed family in the commercial and has that exaggerated shit-eating grin on his face ... what's that German word for a face that needs to be punched?

Edited by millennium
  • Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, millennium said:

I guess Jane Seymour doesn't want to be remembered as Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman or for her role in Somewhere In Time, etc.   No, she wants to be enshrined in our memories forevermore as the Crepe Erase lady.

Those Crepe Erase commercials play so often on MSNBC -- like EVERY commercial break -- that I now hate Jane Seymour.   I hate everything about her.   I even hate her accent.

She's 73 years old -- sorry, Jane, but I don't want to hear about your "smooth, sexy skin."  It's crepey.   I mean creepy.

I will always remember her as the butt necklace lady

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14
(edited)
On 8/31/2024 at 5:34 PM, dleighg said:

She shilled this "open heart" charm thing that looked kinda like a butt.

And then redeemed herself for the "Seymour Butts" commercials when she made this commercial for Aviation gin (which is just okay, but that's true of so many products, so get that paycheck, Jane)

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 8/31/2024 at 6:25 PM, millennium said:

I have always seen Al Roker as more of a buffoon than nice, but I know what you mean.  More egregious, in my opinion, is that Roker, one of the world's most famous weathermen -- a position in which the practitioners are supposed to be accurate and objective -- has no problem portraying a weatherman who lies through his teeth for his own benefit. 

Also, at least in this part of the country, the premise of the commercial is a sore reminder of Chris Christie's stunt during Covid.  He closed down all the New Jersey beaches, told everybody to stay locked down.   Then he, his family and friends went down to the beach and had it all to themselves.

But getting back to Al Roker.   When he drives past the disappointed family in the commercial and has that exaggerated shit-eating grin on his face ... what's that German word for a face that needs to be punched?

Backpfeifengesicht- Literal Meaning – “A face begging for a slap.” 

• LOL 10
On 8/20/2024 at 2:29 AM, KLovestoShop said:

I hate the stupid Coffee Mate commercial where the woman claims to be the biggest coffee lover.  Her cocky attitude and what I call is a resting Bi*ch face just rankles me.  I have a sign. Do you have a sign. 

Agreed. I also don't like the ad with the women drinking straight creamer from the bottle while claiming to being coffee lovers. It's like chugging ketchup and stating that you love french fries.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5

I hate sports betting commercials,  but there's a new one that rubs me the wrong way featuring a celebrity betting $88K and doubling his money. I guess he has enough money for that not matter, but... 

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

The current batch of Wayfair commercials. Everything and everyone seems to be bathed in lavender. Maybe it is my tv. 

It's not your tv. Lavender/purple is Wayfair's signature color. I'm sure this is tv ad basics for those who study it, but many companies have a signature color(s) in their ads. Consumer Cellular is orange. The Jardiance commercials have people dressed in the same pastels as their logo. Once you notice it, you see it all the time.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
On 8/29/2024 at 2:16 PM, SweetieDarling said:

Yoplait commercial with America Ferrera:

1) America is NOT a country

2) When she says she doesn't talk about herself in the third person then asks herself "Do I"? - "I" is NOT third person. 

frustrated-annoyed.gif

Whoever wrote this commercial needs to be fired

She's referring to the "America is not a country" part of it, as if she is the America in the sentence, and therefore talking about herself in the third person. 

This quote by LeBron James is another example, "and what LeBron James was gonna do to make him happy."  So is "Elmo loves you."

• Like 1

Any commercial with Kevin Hart gets my (as immediately as possible) immediate muting. Dislike him immensely. And he's everywhere, 😖.

Now my current hatred is focused on Poppi, the non-soda soda. It appears you must have perfectly and excessively manicured fingernails, perfectly curated clothes, and perfectly applied hair and makeup if you drink this fancy seltzer water. Oh, and you must tolerate said spokesgirls YELLING POPPI a lot. Nope. Not buying it. My fingernails are in terrible condition.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

Kevin Hart can be very annoying but I laugh (for now) at his latest commercial where he's teasing Lebron about handing out butterscotch candies to kids.  Yeah, that's such an old person thing.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Kevin Hart can be very annoying but I laugh (for now) at his latest commercial where he's teasing Lebron about handing out butterscotch candies to kids.  Yeah, that's such an old person thing.

Thank you. Now I know who Kevin Hart is. I had no idea who people were complaining about. Having no other knowledge of him, I think he's funny in the commercials with LeBron.

• Like 2

I keep seeing commercials on Pluto TV for a bitch with a podcast with "bitch" in its title that annoys me to no end. I have no clue who she is, but she condones online bullying and claims that if her SO displeases her, she's going to empty out his bank accounts. 😠

On 9/7/2024 at 11:29 AM, Red Bridey said:

Any commercial with Kevin Hart gets my (as immediately as possible) immediate muting. Dislike him immensely. And he's everywhere, 😖.

Oh my gawd I am so tired of him!

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

Okay, so I saw two new Lume commercials over the weekend.  I never thought I could hate anything more than I do those with Dr. Shannon, but . . .

One has a woman about to freak out about hugging a friend after she's been gardening and might smell sweaty.  The other has a woman debating whether or not to get amorous with her clearly interested husband because, again, she might smell like a human being.  Both women then realize they used Lume 72 hours earlier and thus are good to go.  So I'm assuming neither showered in that time frame which would seem to be a much bigger issue.

These commercials (and others for similar products) which spend so much time telling (mostly) women that it's not okay to smell like a normal person are vile and really piss me off.

• Like 8
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
39 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

Well, it could be Shaq instead...

Shaq is great he's very generous. He was featured on Secret Celebrity Renovations he renovated his uncle's house. During the show he bought his uncle a new car. He appeared a Boys and Girls club and bought new computers for them.

• Like 8
On 9/7/2024 at 7:25 PM, dleighg said:

Why does she say "Again"? It makes no sense. I don't care whether or not I've seen her before.

Because she's on every commercial break on MSNBC, hence "again." And again. And again.  

Every time Christina asks Is your shower trying to tell you something?  I think of Dr. Shannon.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
On 9/9/2024 at 1:07 PM, proserpina65 said:

Okay, so I saw two new Lume commercials over the weekend.  I never thought I could hate anything more than I do those with Dr. Shannon, but . . .

One has a woman about to freak out about hugging a friend after she's been gardening and might smell sweaty.  The other has a woman debating whether or not to get amorous with her clearly interested husband because, again, she might smell like a human being.  Both women then realize they used Lume 72 hours earlier and thus are good to go.  So I'm assuming neither showered in that time frame which would seem to be a much bigger issue.

These commercials (and others for similar products) which spend so much time telling (mostly) women that it's not okay to smell like a normal person are vile and really piss me off.

So women are not suppose to do anything because we might end up smelling? So what be a statute? Gee, that sounds great. 

• Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2