Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, amass said:

“What’s a Lavazza coffee?”

I don’t know why but that one annoys me so much…

Me too. It's that smarmy way she asks for the coffee, and then other people somehow think it must be the best thing since sliced bread.

• Love 1

I'm sure this was discussed because it's several years old, but Geico has brought back the ad where the gecko brings treats to a neighbor, and the man just shoves them in his mouth (without offering any to his wife) and eats them all immediately, then makes a rude comment before keeping the gecko's plate.  I do not know why they would pick this one to put back into circulation.  It annoys me even when I have it muted, and I don't even usually care about the gecko that much.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Back to Botox again ...

I have noticed that in many of the spots, the happily Botoxed victim returns to the camera and announces, "I'm still Tanya" or "I'm still Sheila," etc.

Was there ever a question that Botox replaces your identity?  Is that one of the warnings in small type at the bottom of the screen?   That you'll have fewer lines in your face and perhaps not as many folds in your cerebral cortex leading you to forget who you are following treatment?

(In the case of Javi, this might be an improvement.)

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Woman on TV: I've lost 90 pounds on Golo.

There is a Golo commercial with the founder? president? of the company.  Not to judge but she is not slender.

9 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Is that the mother of those filthy Kardashian whores who personally reviewed her daughter's sex tapes to figure out which one would be best, pimping Shutterfly for your Christmas cards?  >:-(  

Yes.  I am so disappointed in Shutterfly for hiring that... woman to promote their products.  And no, I do not believe she actually makes her own Christmas cards and gifts.

• Love 8

I don't get the Accura ad which the announcer smugly announces 'Some people like to talk into microphones. We prefer dropping them!'

If the audience hears nothing but a dropped mike, they have no idea what that white noise would refer to.

However, I guess since it does have a visual illustration, I suppose it's just as well that sighted viewers can watch since it would be somewhat risky to sell cars to blind potential customers.

• LOL 6
On 10/26/2022 at 1:06 PM, ctlady said:

Not just stretched out on the floor in the ONLY undies she'll ever wear, but complete with full spackled on facial & body makeup,  strategic lighting and editing. I don't care how many nip/tucks, lipos, lifts, fillers, fat redistribution procedures she's had -  I refuse to believe someone as 'thicccccc' as Kim has nary a visible sign of stretch marks or cellulite

Have you seen the pics of her on the beach?  They were leaked, and not touched up.. she has massive cellulite.  Not shaming, it is a normal thing.  But she photoshops all of it away, they all photoshop themselves into other people.  It is creepy.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Ugh. I just saw a Kohls commercial where they ripped off Earth, Wind and Fire's September only they replaced the lyrics with some nonsense about the "25th day of December". Makes me want to cut a bitch.

Yeah, I was livid when I saw that commercial.  

• Like 1
On 11/6/2022 at 4:09 PM, Gramto6 said:

Best Foods/Hellman's has always been my favorite mayo  for grilled cheese or tuna. I have been experimenting though. Bought some Kewpie Japanese mayo that is not bad and a small jar of Dukes I haven't opened yet. Haven't made up my mind yet which is the best. Don't want so many opened jars of mayo in refridge. Also tried Sir Kingstons's mayo sample size and it was a non starter for me.

Have you ever tried Branston's Pickles or similar chutney on grilled cheese or regular cheese sandwiches?  I love it because it adds crunch and acidity.

image.png.cde7a604bd0ac51c5acfdc49329e116a.png

4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Have you seen the pics of her on the beach?  They were leaked, and not touched up.. she has massive cellulite.  Not shaming, it is a normal thing.  But she photoshops all of it away, they all photoshop themselves into other people.  It is creepy.

And probably promote themselves as beacons of female empowerment.  (I know who they are, but avoid reading or watching anything about them at all costs, so this is speculation on my part.)

Edited by Leeds
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Leeds said:

And probably promote themselves as beacons of female empowerment.  (I avoid reading or watching anything about them at all costs, so this is speculation on my part.)

Of course!  And Khloe touts her Good American jeans as being inclusive for all sizes, and then she photoshops herself into a size 2 alien.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 5
12 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Ugh. I just saw a Kohls commercial where they ripped off Earth, Wind and Fire's September only they replaced the lyrics with some nonsense about the "25th day of December". Makes me want to cut a bitch.

Earth, Wind & Fire actually did that version themselves, on a Christmas album that came out in 2013 or so.  The vocals go back and forth between former percussionist Ralph Johnson (who is heard in the part in the commercial) and the original version with Maurice White (who was still alive then but could no longer record).

Tonight I kept seeing this ad for Golden Corral where a man is having a meltdown because his daughter only gets a couple pieces of ham from the buffet and his mom just has a little turkey.  I understand that he may feel they aren't eating enough to justify the price of the buffet, but what does he want to do, shove food in their mouths?  It does make me laugh though when he says something about his mom just having turkey and his mom declares, "And gravy!"  The actress delivered the line well.

There was also an ad for Charmin toilet paper where the blue bear was talking "sexy" to the toilet paper about how soft it is.  I know they had a different commercial where the wife declared that it was "getting weird," and that applied even more to this ad than that one!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Aww, makes me want to get up and dance.

1 hour ago, KWalkerInc said:

It does make me laugh though when he says something about his mom just having turkey and his mom declares, "And gravy!"  The actress delivered the line well.

Gravy makes all the difference.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 11/6/2022 at 2:55 PM, littlebennysmom said:
On 11/6/2022 at 10:13 AM, mmecorday said:

Woman on TV: I've lost 90 pounds on Golo.

Me: Shingles doesn't care!

Is that the same woman who speaks so oddly?  "Look what Golo has done...look what it has done!"  "Go, Golo!"

No, that one has been trying for YEARS to lose 22 lbs. She's in a size 4 pair of pants!

• LOL 2

Earth, Wind & Fire actually did that version themselves, on a Christmas album that came out in 2013 or so.  The vocals go back and forth between former percussionist Ralph Johnson (who is heard in the part in the commercial) and the original version with Maurice White (who was still alive then but could no longer record).

It sounds like them but I hate that everybody and their cousin has to bring out a Christmas album. Bah! Humbug!

• Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

Tonight I kept seeing this ad for Golden Corral where a man is having a meltdown because his daughter only gets a couple pieces of ham from the buffet and his mom just has a little turkey.  I understand that he may feel they aren't eating enough to justify the price of the buffet, but what does he want to do, shove food in their mouths?  It does make me laugh though when he says something about his mom just having turkey and his mom declares, "And gravy!"  The actress delivered the line well.

There was also an ad for Charmin toilet paper where the blue bear was talking "sexy" to the toilet paper about how soft it is.  I know they had a different commercial where the wife declared that it was "getting weird," and that applied even more to this ad than that one!

I think what the man wanted is for all the plates to be full.  Fair point, but for all you can eat, I like to start slow, see what they have and then go back for more.

• Like 2

I've been seeing this new commercial for Best Buy that annoys me because the father and his daughter spend a lot of time playing the video games there without buying anything and referring to it as "the playground". 

On 11/8/2022 at 5:43 PM, Leeds said:

Have you ever tried Branston's Pickles or similar chutney on grilled cheese or regular cheese sandwiches?  I love it because it adds crunch and acidity.

Are you pregnant? That sounds awful! 🙂

Edited by Gharlane
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

I hate the new KFC ad. A guy buys himself lunch and his grandma is mad that he didn't bring some for her. He asks if something is wrong and she says no. I hate passive-aggressive behavior. If you wanted KFC say something.

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, kathyk24 said:

I hate the new KFC ad. A guy buys himself lunch and his grandma is mad that he didn't bring some for her. He asks if something is wrong and she says no. I hate passive-aggressive behavior. If you wanted KFC say something.

We talked about this a while back. Consensus seemed to be that maybe Grandma was a ghost. It came out just before Halloween I think.

19 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

We talked about this a while back. Consensus seemed to be that maybe Grandma was a ghost. It came out just before Halloween I think.

Yes, when I watched it, grandma was kind of fuzzy, so I figured ghost too.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Yeah, that made sense, but I noticed that the grandson and his father are talking to her.

• Love 2

I tried looking up the commercial to see if there was any explanation for the way the grandma is filmed (the weird ghost lighting), but didn't find anything.  But there were references to the ad in August, so I guess it wasn't for Halloween.  If she's actually there, then it's back to the grandson looking bad for eating in front of her and her being passive-aggressive.  If she were a ghost, they could have been like, "See, our food is so great even dead people still want it!"  (In their opinion, of course.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

This commercial is run rather plentifully during Friends reruns for some reason and it’s a kids toy but I’m sorry, it sounds like they’re saying “Show us your boobs!”

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3

Why does Smirnoff Vodka think that ad with Anthony Anderson and his mother will make anyone buy their product? I get such negative vibes from these 2, that if anything, it would steer me away from their booze.

These 2 seem to despise each other. And why is mom claiming that 'it's her kitchen' when he already said it was HIS house? At the end, when he says with gritted teeth 'Whatever you want', I expect him to add 'You bitch'.

Also, can't he afford to buy her something better than that Dollar Store wig she has plopped on her head?

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Why does Smirnoff Vodka think that ad with Anthony Anderson and his mother will make anyone buy their product? I get such negative vibes from these 2, that if anything, it would steer me away from their booze.

These 2 seem to despise each other. And why is mom claiming that 'it's her kitchen' when he already said it was HIS house? At the end, when he says with gritted teeth 'Whatever you want', I expect him to add 'You bitch'.

Also, can't he afford to buy her something better than that Dollar Store wig she has plopped on her head?

Is she his mother or his MIL?

31 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Is she his mother or his MIL?

I barely know who he is, so no idea. I do see via Wikipedia that he filed for divorce (for the 2nd time) in March of this year, so I kind of doubt his MIL would be living with him?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

He does ads for some diabetes thing, too, so WHY, if he's been diabetic for so many years, is he advertising liquor?

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Why does Smirnoff Vodka think that ad with Anthony Anderson and his mother will make anyone buy their product?

Is that his mother? I grew up thinking those old Chunky Soup commercials featured the athlete's mothers!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, marceline said:

My new most hated commercial are the Old Navy commercials with Jennifer Coolidge. I know they like to be quirky but this is just grating. Although I confess that Coolidge always rubs me the wrong way.

Oh lort, I hate these with the fury of 1000 nuclear weapons. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Oh lort, I hate these with the fury of 1000 nuclear weapons. 

Is she supposed to look and sound like she's on the verge of losing consciousness out from booze?  It's all I can think of when I see these commercials, followed by, why is this good for their brand again?

• Love 6

omg, the new Burger King "Have It Your Way" Christmas commercial with the amateurish off-key singing! 

lately I've been reading about the mysterious "Havana Syndrome."   According to Wikipedia, symptoms are described as  "hearing loss, memory loss, and nausea. Speculation centered around a sonic weapon, with some researchers pointing to infrasound as a possible cause."

Nuh-uh, researchers.   It's gotta be this commercial!

Edited by millennium
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

You guys, I know I have talked about this before, but I still just don't get it and it still makes me so mad -- that Fairlife milk one that says, "Milk with your cereal? With Fairlife, it's more like cereal." I keep seeing it and I hope it's OK to bring it back up again, in case some new poster understands: what does that even MEAN?! 

• Love 5
On 5/27/2022 at 11:59 AM, mmecorday said:

Those Medicare part C commercials are on all the time, one right after the other. Do they think that the people watching are suffering from short-term memory loss and don't realize they're on as often as they are?

They must make a lot of money for the insurance salesmen and the provider. You never hear commercials about Medigap policies, probably because they are superior. But Part C? Constant drumming.

My own insurance provider called me the other day about getting a Part C plan! I already have a Medigap plan with them. But part C doesn't have all my drugs, won't let me choose my own doctor, and has a crappy HMO plan. No thanks!

That Revlon Colorstay commercial is driving me nuts with that intermittent motor noise. It makes me think my sump pump is on the fritz again.

Why can't these advertisers get it through their thick skulls that annoying people isn't the way to gain new customers? 😡

• Applause 1
  • Love 4

Oh, and that Wolf Ledges commercial where everyone rides giant wolves to the park, which is surrounded by woods, looking really isolated.

The wolves are scary as well as it being stupid to assert any co-mingling between humans and wolves.  I live near Wolf Ledges and it's surrounded by hotels and office buildings and is right off a major road. You can probably see I-94 from the rooms.

Edited by renatae
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

You guys, I know I have talked about this before, but I still just don't get it and it still makes me so mad -- that Fairlife milk one that says, "Milk with your cereal? With Fairlife, it's more like cereal." I keep seeing it and I hope it's OK to bring it back up again, in case some new poster understands: what does that even MEAN?! 

I have no idea.  Fairlife is milk; it's just been filtered to get rid of lactose and increase protein and calcium.  It also seems to have fiber?  From that tagline, they make it sound like a grain-based milk product. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Personally, I don't get that from it, which is irrelevant, as I don't get it at all, haha! But even so, how would that (or anything) make cereal "more like cereal?" The cereal is cereal no matter what! So mad, so many italics. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 11/13/2022 at 10:21 AM, marceline said:

My new most hated commercial are the Old Navy commercials with Jennifer Coolidge. I know they like to be quirky but this is just grating. Although I confess that Coolidge always rubs me the wrong way.

I don't get it. What do the people have to be sorrynotsorry about?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, janie jones said:

I don't get it. What do the people have to be sorrynotsorry about?

17 hours ago, dleighg said:

I also have no clue about any of that

Same. It's completely nonsensical. I truly wonder who developed this idea and who signed off on it because they both should be sent for a brain scan.

• Like 3