Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

I have to say the Duck Duck Go "Every Breath You Take" ad is getting annoying (it's getting way too much play).

I agree- and how trustworthy are THEY supposed to be compared to Google?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Some ad exec went back to the drawing board and made the Zoc Doc commercials even more terrible than they were before.

Makes you long for the hapless Fletcher family, doesn't it? 😅

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
On 6/30/2022 at 7:48 PM, CrystalBlue said:

Why should the ladies have all the fun with all the feminine hygiene products that have been gracing the boob tube for many decades now?  Remember the guy freaking out in the shower when he realized he'd used his wife/gf/whatever's "V" wash?

I wonder if we'll see a commercial for male hygiene products where the son tells his dad he doesn't feel so fresh.

On 7/3/2022 at 3:40 PM, Crashcourse said:

I cannot stand Jon Batiste and his hyperactive, over the top singing and dancing, and I change the channel whenever I see him in those Amazon Prime commercials. 

I can't wait for Prime Day to be over because that commercial is ubiquitous, and that song is  damn earworm.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
19 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Billy Ocean is my Caribbean King.  Jon Batiste is no Billy Ocean.  

I agree, but it seems clear that Billy Ocean is the vibe the look they were going for in that commercial.

• Love 1
On 7/8/2022 at 3:07 AM, millennium said:

This is totally gonna replace the famous Miami Vice speedboat scene in our collective memory:

But-but-but aren't you going to have empty out the tower into which the vacuum automatically empties its contents? 🤔

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 7/8/2022 at 2:07 AM, millennium said:

This is totally gonna replace the famous Miami Vice speedboat scene in our collective memory:

The reviews aren't great.   It won't suck up cereal, because the pieces are too big, so I guess you have to step on it?   And the price!   $999.   

• Mind Blown 7
On 7/5/2022 at 1:04 PM, millennium said:

The Intel commercial where everyone's whistling (badly) "Don't Worry Be Happy."  It's so annoying and runs so frequently that I can't even be snarky about it.

I don't care about the song one way or another, but I HATE whistling. My small office actually has a no whistling policy because they don't want me to go postal on them!  I've taken to carrying the remote around the house so I can mute the minute I hear this one start....which is quite often.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, TheWalkinDude said:

I frequently try to go to sleep with the TV on-I guess not anymore with this freaking commercial…

If that was my house, I would be happy about the wake up, and would leave a smashed radio, and a trail of squashed candy, then go back to bed. 

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, ctlady said:

Saw the Fabletics For Men commercial. The shorts look so soft and comfortable that his wife sneaks and wears them. Which begs me to ask: why do women’s workout wear have to be skin tight, ultra high waist, butt and crotch crack enhancing leggings while men’s are these butter soft, roomy breathable shorts? How about making and marketing workout shorts like this for women who want to avoid a yeast infection?

Totally agree! I even buy men's pj bottoms because they have pockets where most women's don't...again with the "slim/sexy" look? Geesh!

• Love 10
On 7/3/2022 at 4:40 PM, Crashcourse said:

I cannot stand Jon Batiste and his hyperactive, over the top singing and dancing, and I change the channel whenever I see him in those Amazon Prime commercials. 

I think the problem is he’s trying too hard to be Billy Ocean, a singer I love.

The commercial that makes me stabby is the kid who stares at his teeth through a parked car window.  First, WHO does that, without looking like some institution escapee.  Second, if some stranger was doing that to my car, I’d be on 911 faster than a nanosecond.   He just comes off as creepy. 

• Love 3
On 7/9/2022 at 4:31 AM, Gharlane said:

But-but-but aren't you going to have empty out the tower into which the vacuum automatically empties its contents? 🤔

It empties into a bag that you slide out and put into your trash can.  The iRobot does the same——all the dust goes into a bag, no muss no fuss. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

I don't know if the discovery networks on my TV are just cursed or what, but EVERY break the past few days has been for overpriced saje roll on essential oils.

I'm going to hear "tech neck" in my nightmares for years 😵

• Wink 1
On 7/3/2022 at 4:40 PM, Crashcourse said:

I've been seeing that commercial a lot lately, along with a commercial for a "disco cruise" at which Billy Ocean will be performing. 😬

53 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

I've been seeing that commercial a lot lately, along with a commercial for a "disco cruise" at which Billy Ocean will be performing. 😬

I love Billy Ocean, and pre-pandemic I would have gone on the cruise. 🤩

• Love 1
On 7/10/2022 at 8:11 AM, ctlady said:

Saw the Fabletics For Men commercial. The shorts look so soft and comfortable that his wife sneaks and wears them. Which begs me to ask: why do women’s workout wear have to be skin tight, ultra high waist, butt and crotch crack enhancing leggings while men’s are these butter soft, roomy breathable shorts? How about making and marketing workout shorts like this for women who want to avoid a yeast infection?

Taking my reply over to Small Talk.

On 7/11/2022 at 7:15 PM, Colleenna said:

I can't  hit the mute button fast enough when I hear "Hi, I'm M-" Thanks, but I can buy better slippers from LL Bean for not significantly more money. 

I swear his cross gets bigger with every commercial.

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

So far the best thing that happened this week is the END OF THE AMAZON PRIME DAY commercial.  I hated the obvious copycat Michael Jackson style.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

YES! I was saying the same thing to my BF last night -- lots of girls get creaky here and there, myself included. But what the holy hell is this cultural phenomenon?! (Though as far as recent cultural phemomena go, I suppose this is probably the least of my worries.)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

This is from a while ago, and I am new to this forum, but I HATE this commercial -

Welcome to the wonderful world of snarking on our least favorite and most-hated ads!  Yeah, Bonnie & Clyde ain't gonna be listening to that (c)rap!

• Love 2

The mention of vocal fry reminded me of my most recent annoying ad.  There's a commercial for Public which is some youth focused investment app.  The phrasing of the last lines of the commercial are what always get me -- "I want women?  To be a part?  Of what's happening in finance right now (vocal fry)"

Gah!  Like spikes in my ears.

• Sad 1
  • Love 2
On 7/12/2022 at 8:13 PM, KLovestoShop said:

Thank heaven it’s almost Prime Day so that commercial will go away.  The first few times I heard it, I thought he was singing “cold, cold butter, catfish and fries”.  Boy, I was wayyyyy off. 

I also thought he was singing "cold, cold butter" and thought "You ain't gonna get cold butter from Amazon!".

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

I believe it was about getting cocoa butter and camping supplies.

That is what he said. Which made me wonder. I got an email from America's Test Kitchen saying that Amazon didn't release what their Prime deals would be before Prime Days, but if they offer any of the following, we recommend them. So, if Amazon doesn't release what Prime deals will be offered ahead of time, how come this guy knows they'll be cocoa butter and camping supplies? I didn't bother to check, but were those items offered as Prime deals, and he was giving us a sneak peek? I have obviously given this way too much thought. 😁

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2

The Tik-Tok commercial. Ugh! "You've been wearing your travel pillow wrong!" "You twist it, don't shake it!" "This is how you de-bone a chicken wing!" Tik-Tok is stupid and this commercial really drives home that point.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I hate the new Ocean Spray "What will you do with all that power" commercials. I don't know why. I just find them very unsettling.

Is that the one with a voice-over saying something stupid about cranberries moving at the speed of light? 🤔

2 hours ago, mmecorday said:

The Tik-Tok commercial. Ugh! "You've been wearing your travel pillow wrong!" "You twist it, don't shake it!" "This is how you de-bone a chicken wing!" Tik-Tok is stupid and this commercial really drives home that point.

So are the users, plus, it's Chinese spyware.

BTW, what are you sppsd to twist, not shake?  It looks like a small jar of pepper with a grinder lid, which means you're stupid if you're shaking the jar to get the pepper out.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Just saw what I guess is the latest Lume commeriisl.. Back to the gross stuff.... " you shower and you feel clean...use Lume  and your butt  won't "smell " for a couple of days.. Mygad! these are just so stupid...any one take a shower today?? These are the grossest commercials  ever!!

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Love 8

There’s a Marcos Pizza ad with a couple talking to the back seat of the car as if they are talking to a baby.  “Ooh, when I get you home, I’m going to eat you up” sort of things.  Creeps me out. I guess it creeps me out in real life when people say things like “I could just bite you “ to a baby, and these two are just over the top.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/19/2022 at 1:17 PM, Gharlane said:
On 7/19/2022 at 11:10 AM, mmecorday said:

So are the users, plus, it's Chinese spyware

Just about every social media platform has some level of snoopiness ( did a search on propagating tomato suckers, and suddenly emails for seeds, gardening, etc started popping up), but as for TT- this!  Make some fun and addicting and ‘ everybody’s doing it’ and people won’t care about what’s really going on behind the scenes 

6 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Just saw what I guess is the latest Lume commeriisl.. Back to the gross stuff.

I can’t handle the extreme closeups of Dr K and her constant use of the word ‘odor’ - it even sounds like a smelly word!  In a world of deodorant, foot spray and ‘intimate wipes/wash, what is so stupendous about Lume that works better?

Edited by ctlady
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I cannot stand Disney's 50th anniversary commercials. From the song (The Magic Is Calling) to each of the families dressed in matching outfits... The channel I watch shows these ads every.single.break.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 7/16/2022 at 9:30 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

OK, Lending Tree, you can stop the Linda Richman-wannabe ads now. It was amusing the first 350 time I saw it, but you're in overkill territory now.

I came here specifically to mention this commercial if no one else had.  HATE it.

• Applause 2
  • Love 5