Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Isn't the first rule of troubleshooting "Is it plugged in?"🤔

Which is what she does to "fix" it.  It's just oddly situated an entire cord length away from the wall to make it obvious it's unplugged.

If it was smaller, I could amuse myself by theorizing her co-worker is just playing it off because she'd actually interrupted him in the act of stealing it, so he could put it in his car, head out to a field, and go all Office Space on it:

office space GIF

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
18 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

The thing that bugs me most about the Jardiance commercial set in an office is the placement of the unplugged photocopier. It’s in the middle of the floor! Why not move it closer to the damn wall?!

EDIT: predictive text assumed I wanted to say "together" instead of "to the."

I cant get past the shock at the size of the boobs on that guy! omg🤯

• Like 4

There was that Leverage episode where the copier was "broken" because the HR woman said it was.  It wasn't; she had just loaded it up with special colored ink and counterfeiting paper. She was printing money on the sly.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Prevailing Wind said:

There was that Leverage episode where the copier was "broken" because the HR woman said it was.  It wasn't; she had just loaded it up with special colored ink and counterfeiting paper. She was printing money on the sly.

I love that no one bothered to check until Nate wondered if anyone actually checked to see if was broken. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

The cord is a tripping hazard.  HR would not approve.

I was thinking the same thing! I'm guessing they wanted to emphasize the cord being unplugged. You certainly wouldn't place a copier like that. I'm willing to give them a pass for the purpose of poetic license.

(edited)
On 4/6/2024 at 12:08 AM, TattleTeeny said:

The thing that bugs me most about the Jardiance commercial set in an office is the placement of the unplugged photocopier. It’s in the middle of the floor! Why not move it closer to the damn wall?!

EDIT: predictive text assumed I wanted to say "together" instead of "to the."

Up against the wall, MF!  The Sixties strike back.

Edited by Tom Holmberg
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
On 4/5/2024 at 11:10 AM, Shrek said:

No it's not, I'm pretty sure it's just a random beautiful person type.

Allegedly beautiful person.  Wandering about aimlessly in the desert, as we all do.

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I was thinking the same thing! I'm guessing they wanted to emphasize the cord being unplugged. You certainly wouldn't place a copier like that. I'm willing to give them a pass for the purpose of poetic license.

But they still could have had it in a normal spot next to a visible outlet with the cord unplugged. How dare they!

• LOL 2

I feel like Swiffer is trying to gaslight me into believing that most people mop their floors daily. One girl says something like, “at the end of a hard day, the last thing I want to do is mop the floor.” I just always think, “so don’t.” (And also that if she’s dead set on doing it, she could at least move the barstools instead of just mopping around and through their legs.)

• Like 24

seriously, how dirty do your floors *get*? Do you throw spaghetti sauce all over? I don't recall a toddler in a high chair in that ad....

• Like 2

But some people are just fanatics about it. My SIL vacuums & mops the kitchen and all around the island after just about every meal.  She can't sit still, so this gives her something to do.  Besides, her cats are sloppy eaters. LOL

• Useful 1

I keep seeing this ad for Alfa Romeo, and the female narrator says something in this overly serious way "you can take the Alfa out of Italy, but you best believe, you can't take the Italy out of an Allllfffaaa RRRomeo" with all these over the top rolled letters. I've heard this thing about 8 times in one episode watching Tournament of Champions on Food Network.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, dleighg said:

seriously, how dirty do your floors *get*? Do you throw spaghetti sauce all over? I don't recall a toddler in a high chair in that ad....

Today I might. Just because I hate everything. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 3
On 4/9/2024 at 5:36 AM, dleighg said:

But there is a big dog.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, dleighg said:

I keep seeing this ad for Alfa Romeo, and the female narrator says something in this overly serious way "you can take the Alfa out of Italy, but you best believe, you can't take the Italy out of an Allllfffaaa RRRomeo" with all these over the top rolled letters. I've heard this thing about 8 times in one episode watching Tournament of Champions on Food Network.

A better tag line would be " Alfa Romeo, they no longer rust & fall apart".

• LOL 6

The commercial for Fabletics (?) with the tall Kardashian. Honestly, not to be catty (or as a friend says “oh, let’s be catty” ) the whole thing looks to be shot through a cloudy lens. Nothing about her face looks real….but that’s not my complaint. She is wiggling and slithering around (through the lens) so much that it looks like a commercial for Only Fans. If they do commercials. 

• LOL 6
On 4/10/2024 at 11:41 AM, Shrek said:

A better tag line would be " Alfa Romeo, they no longer rust & fall apart".

Alfa Romeo, they don't break down every 5 minutes anymore!

• LOL 4

The Tovala commercial with the woman who laments that all the meal kit delivery services she has tried have sucked, but "now something new has entered the chat" and "it's a vibe." May your marinara never cling to your pasta, vocal fry lady!

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

The Tovala commercial with the woman who laments that all the meal kit delivery services she has tried have sucked, but "now something new has entered the chat" and "it's a vibe." May your marinara never cling to your pasta, vocal fry lady!

I understand some people don't cook or want to cook, but Tovala bothers me because there are other alternatives that don't make you buy a glorified microwave. Grocery stores have ready to heat meals. If you want delivery that doesn't require ingredient prep, Home Chef delivers ready to heat meals. Not endorsing them, just saying there is an alternative.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 4/9/2024 at 3:04 AM, Prevailing Wind said:

But some people are just fanatics about it. My SIL vacuums & mops the kitchen and all around the island after just about every meal.  She can't sit still, so this gives her something to do.  Besides, her cats are sloppy eaters. LOL

I had a coworker who cleaned her kitchen floor daily, but she was married to a verbally and emotionally abusive dickhead.

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 7
10 hours ago, Kimmmmmm said:

Hate, hate, hate the Allegra ad with that annoying twit with the purple headphones stomping through town screeching some stupid song.

And the VO is so loud her singing is barely audible, it sort of looks like she is nuts just screaming in silence.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

the ridiculous commercials with the lady friend (or miscellaneous friend) that looks in the fridge and questions the designer dogfood they find there.  The guy then gets all insulted that it was being called dog food and exchanging a look with his dog, kick the lady friend out.   Dude, it is dog food.  I don't care who makes it, it's food for the dog therefore dogfood.  

• Like 8
8 hours ago, Linderhill said:

Dude, it is dog food.  I don't care who makes it, it's food for the dog therefore dogfood.  

Yes, but dog food that needs to be refrigerated. It's not poisonous nor does it have cooties. I feed my cat wet food and keep what's left in the can in the refrigerator. That woman needed to be kicked out!

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Yes, but dog food that needs to be refrigerated. It's not poisonous nor does it have cooties. I feed my cat wet food and keep what's left in the can in the refrigerator. That woman needed to be kicked out!

It is not like the dog food has leaked in to the food she would be eating...I too have partial cans of cat food in my fridge, I have air tight silicon lids on the cans, nobody has ever thought I would put it in people food. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Linderhill said:

the ridiculous commercials with the lady friend (or miscellaneous friend) that looks in the fridge and questions the designer dogfood they find there.  The guy then gets all insulted that it was being called dog food and exchanging a look with his dog, kick the lady friend out.   Dude, it is dog food.  I don't care who makes it, it's food for the dog therefore dogfood.  

I'm on the dog owner's side and LOVE seeing the door slam in her smug, nasty face.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 4/12/2024 at 7:23 PM, Kimmmmmm said:

Hate, hate, hate the Allegra ad with that annoying twit with the purple headphones stomping through town screeching some stupid song.

She looksangry to me.

10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It is not like the dog food has leaked in to the food she would be eating...I too have partial cans of cat food in my fridge, I have air tight silicon lids on the cans, nobody has ever thought I would put it in people food. 

There was an ep of Good Times about that.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
5 hours ago, Gharlane said:

She looksangry to me.

There was an ep of Good Times about that.

There was an episode of 3rd Rock from the Sun when their short on money after Dick quits his job until Sally finds pet food aisle but doesn't know what it is. She's so excited to find such cheap cans of food. She buys cat food for the family to eat and cat toys to play with. Mary later points out when she's over trying to convince Dick to come back to work that Tommy's eating cat food.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
On 4/13/2024 at 4:53 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

And the VO is so loud her singing is barely audible, it sort of looks like she is nuts just screaming in silence.

I don't mind this just because the VO blocks her singing if only Jardiance did this).  Often people listening to music with headphones don't really realize they are doing it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
On 4/14/2024 at 9:53 AM, chessiegal said:

Eh, I keep my cat's food in a separate drawer, away from the people food.  Which is what this ass could've done with his dogfood.  So I think he's the jerk in this commercial.  Of course, I hate all those high-end pet food commercials anyway for basically implying that anyone who doesn't spend the money on their stuff is a bad pet owner.  (Why yes, Blue Buffalo commercials, I AM looking at you.  F the hell off.)

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

I don't see how a can of wet cat food that is stored with a fitted silicon lid is different than any other food properly stored. I see no need whatsoever to keep it away from other food. Mileage varies.

• Like 21
53 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Eh, I keep my cat's food in a separate drawer, away from the people food.  Which is what this ass could've done with his dogfood.  So I think he's the jerk in this commercial.  Of course, I hate all those high-end pet food commercials anyway for basically implying that anyone who doesn't spend the money on their stuff is a bad pet owner.  (Why yes, Blue Buffalo commercials, I AM looking at you.  F the hell off.)

My parent's cat would only eat the cheapest, smelliest cat food.  When someone gave them some of the top price food the cat just turned its nose up and walked away.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12

With all the Freshpet commercials (at least the ones I've seen), it's the owner's refrigerator, so there is zero need for anyone who doesn't live there to be commenting on it.  The owners come across as daft because of the stupid tag line "It's not dog food, it's Freshpet", but that has nothing on how the snotty freaks who cannot fathom dog food being refrigerated come off.

But the owners get good lines in the final scenes; I love the dinner date guy telling his dog "You were so right about her" and, especially, the daughter-in-law telling her dog "You are so lucky you're single".

• Like 13
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Bastet said:

With all the Freshpet commercials (at least the ones I've seen), it's the owner's refrigerator, so there is zero need for anyone who doesn't live there to be commenting on it.  The owners come across as daft because of the stupid tag line "It's not dog food, it's Freshpet", but that has nothing on how the snotty freaks who cannot fathom dog food being refrigerated come off.

But the owners get good lines in the final scenes; I love the dinner date guy telling his dog "You were so right about her" and, especially, the daughter-in-law telling her dog "You are so lucky you're single".

I like the guy watching sports who tells his dog, "He was bad luck anyway." 😀

• Like 10

Sorry if it's been brought up before but I LOATHE that Arm and Hammer cat litter commercial that has alleged scientists THROWING hard clumps of the used product!

UGH!! I don't care if  it's hard enough to cut diamonds, I still don't want to think of used cat litter being thrown instead of just quietly bagged then  disposed in the proper garbage receptacles!

BLEAHH!! UGH!! BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Fire 2
  • Love 1
On 4/14/2024 at 1:09 AM, Linderhill said:

I am so tired of those commercials because everyone in them looks like an asshole to some extent. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
On 4/12/2024 at 11:43 AM, chessiegal said:

I understand some people don't cook or want to cook, but Tovala bothers me because there are other alternatives that don't make you buy a glorified microwave.

Are those the commercials where they talk about making a "home-cooked meal".  No, it's a "home-warmed meal".  Which is fine, I don't cook a lot either.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

I don't know what the product is called, but I've been seeing so many of the same commercials for full body deodorant where women talk about how their whole bodies stink. If I hear, "More then just my armpits stink" again it will be too soon.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

I don't know what the product is called, but I've been seeing so many of the same commercials for full body deodorant where women talk about how their whole bodies stink.

But just think of the increase in product you can sell! Instead of a quick swipe with a (likely) solid product, you've got the entire body as a canvas, and might even be a spray. We all know sprays are convenient (e.g. sunscreen) but WAY less cost-effective than a cream.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, dleighg said:

But just think of the increase in product you can sell! Instead of a quick swipe with a (likely) solid product, you've got the entire body as a canvas, and might even be a spray. We all know sprays are convenient (e.g. sunscreen) but WAY less cost-effective than a cream.

The same thing with those Balance of Nature pills.  Apparently the dosage is 6 pills a day, three of each. $89 for one month's worth.

Edited by Tom Holmberg
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 7

I saw this commercial during the latest ep of Vanderpump Rules. It annoys me because Schemer mispronounces "eSpresso" and they act like bitches with the "not famous" guy'

• Like 2
On 4/12/2024 at 6:28 PM, tres bien said:

I like Jennifer Coolidge but I hate that in the Discover credit card commercials she's always dumb 

They come over the radio too & I can't change the station fast enough!

I love JC too but just the adds are stupid!

• Like 5

All of the Balance of Nature commercials annoy me, but the one with the dentist really ticks me off. Honestly, in 20 years we're probably going to find out it's mostly made up of amphetamines. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 4/15/2024 at 1:22 PM, chessiegal said:

I don't see how a can of wet cat food that is stored with a fitted silicon lid is different than any other food properly stored. I see no need whatsoever to keep it away from other food. Mileage varies.

Just to clarify: I have no expectations whatsoever of how someone else stores their pets' food within their own refrigerator and realize it's my own hang-up.  My issue with those stupid commercials is the insistence that it's not dog food.  Yes, it freaking is dog food.  Expensive dog food and one which requires refrigeration, but still dog food.  Having the dog owners be douchebags about it does not make me want to buy their product.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1