Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

"Battlevision Storm" sunglasses. That's what they're called. Not just Battlevision. Battlevision STORM sunglasses! In case you need to fight off the Red Army while on your evening commute during a blizzard, I guess. Apparently they make daylight darker and night brighter, somehow. And they have to stop making them so they're only available for a limited time! 

It's like something Zap Brannigan would wear. 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 6

Stupid ass commercial that compares using texting to using a carrier pigeon. It's so dumb.  Plus why are people going to a store to ask about sending a message when the analogy is texting?  It's for whatsapp supposed to be encrypted texting which....fine but how that relates to ANYTHING else in the commercial I have no idea. I think they were going for funny and outlandish but just landed on stupid instead. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Ghost of TWOP Past said:

"Battlevision Storm" sunglasses. That's what they're called. Not just Battlevision. Battlevision STORM sunglasses! In case you need to fight off the Red Army while on your evening commute during a blizzard, I guess. Apparently they make daylight darker and night brighter, somehow. And they have to stop making them so they're only available for a limited time! 

They stopped making them because if they sold them for any longer, the Russians and Chinese would get their hands on them, and we can't allow our enemies access to our high tech! 😀

• LOL 10
10 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Stupid ass commercial that compares using texting to using a carrier pigeon. It's so dumb.  Plus why are people going to a store to ask about sending a message when the analogy is texting?  It's for whatsapp supposed to be encrypted texting which....fine but how that relates to ANYTHING else in the commercial I have no idea. I think they were going for funny and outlandish but just landed on stupid instead. 

Every time I see that stupid commercial I think to myself  "Who cares?" 90% of my texts are between my husband and me... sensitive,  super-secret things like "I love you" "On my way" or (gasp!) "Get the mail please. "

• Wink 2
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Ghost of TWOP Past said:

It's like something Zap Brannigan would wear. 

This made me laugh out loud at work.  In a currently very quiet office.  😁

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

The Campbell's soup commercial that that horrid rendition of "I Only Wanna Be With You" is the Montague to my Capulet. What does that song have to do with soup? Sung by Dusty Springfield, it's great. But sung by a breathy-voiced nobody it's torture.

UPDATE: Covid brain fog is getting the best of me! The song used in the commercial is "Do You Believe In Magic" by The Lovin' Spoonful. I saw it yesterday and felt really stupid for posting this. But it's still an annoying version of an old song.

Edited by mmecorday
Brain fog
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 10/31/2022 at 3:13 PM, Colleenna said:

After she smoked a pack a day.

I heard she messed around with some asbestos and now has mesothelioma. She got a structured settlement for it, but had to call 877 Cash Now.

Ispot doesn't have it listed who the actress is. I googled (well, actually duck duck go'd) and got three different names, none of which look like her.  If I were her, I'd wanna remain anonymous, too.

I watched an ad from the 2022 campaign and she's fighting with the remote. This year, she's fighting with a pen for the crossword puzzle.  Other than that, her portion of the ads are exactly the same.   Maybe they've got a puppet now because her contract is running out and she's not gonna re-up.

• Useful 2
On 10/21/2022 at 10:46 PM, Kemper said:

Has anyone seen the “Pooph” commercial? Seriously, just about the most bizarre ad I have ever watched. I almost put it in the “Favorite” thread, it is that campy; I actually laughed a few times. The guy sprayed it in his mouth! (It is about an odor eliminator for pet stinks.

I just saw it last night. Several times. highly annoying, plus "pooph" is a slur for "homosexual".

• Mind Blown 1
3 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I just saw it last night. Several times. highly annoying, plus "pooph" is a slur for "homosexual

In all my years on this earth I have never heard that term

Because the Lume train is like Snowpiercer - it takes some time to make a full rotation before coming 'round again - just saw the newest ad with good ol' Dr. Shannon demonstrating rubbing the cream into her armpits then standing up to point to the underboob area, crotch crevice, butt crack and then holding up her rank feet right into the camera.  

I swear the woman must've packed on another 20lbs since the last commercial.  That's what happens when you're sitting in a cramped corner all day staring into your phone camera making amateur video commercials

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5
On 11/1/2022 at 8:50 AM, Gharlane said:

They stopped making them because if they sold them for any longer, the Russians and Chinese would get their hands on them, and we can't allow our enemies access to our high tech! 😀

Strict limit of 3 pair, order NAAAWWWOOWW.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I find this commercial both irritating AND confusing.  Don't know whether to scratch my head or throw something  at  the TV.

“Oh look!  A little pine sapling growing out of a sidewalk crack. I must put on my cloak of ecological prowess and save it so that the world does not run out of oxygen. I will gently remove it, strap it safely into the front seat of my car with the seat belt, order a glass of water for it at the diner to where it’s turned a nice lush green by the time I safely transplant it on a grassy mountain ledge safe from the terror of humans with lumber companies. I shall stare at it and wave goodbye as I drive away in a car whose make and model I forgot for which this ad is all about and head off to buy a $6 caramel, half caff, soy latte whilst I pat myself in the back and contemplate my next virtuous move to save the planet”

• Applause 5
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

There’s a commercial for some HGTV show, Good Bones, that is going to make  me insane.  Some screeching harpy lets out a high pitch shriek, and screams in her best 5 year old hopped on sugar “It’s gonna be soooo PREETTTTTTYYYY!”  The shriek rattles me every time it’s on.  Her stupid voice makes me want to wrap her Little House on the Prairie braids around her neck until she can’t make another sound.  

I don’t watch anything on HGTV, but this ad plays endlessly on other Discovery channels. I may have seen/heard it on ABC as well.  

This may be the final straw that makes me stop watching the very little cable/network TV that I currently do. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

There’s a commercial for some HGTV show, Good Bones, that is going to make  me insane.  Some screeching harpy lets out a high pitch shriek, and screams in her best 5 year old hopped on sugar “It’s gonna be soooo PREETTTTTTYYYY!”  The shriek rattles me every time it’s on.  Her stupid voice makes me want to wrap her Little House on the Prairie braids around her neck until she can’t make another sound.  

I don’t watch anything on HGTV, but this ad plays endlessly on other Discovery channels. I may have seen/heard it on ABC as well.  

This may be the final straw that makes me stop watching the very little cable/network TV that I currently do. 

She's the host of the show, owner of the company that makes the repairs to the houses.

6 minutes ago, jennifer6973 said:

She's the host of the show, owner of the company that makes the repairs to the houses.

Thanks, I figured she was the main builder/designer.  I hope the people around her note show are issued OSHA approved sound canceling headphones.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, Leeds said:

Healthywage.com

Just when I thought I'd seen everything, a commercial for a product that combines obesity and gambling.  Yeah America.

The thing that bugs me about that is if you lose weight they pay you, right? Which means their business model depends on you failing to lose weight. So while pretending to be encouraging they're actually playing the odds that you'll fail. Profoundly cynical. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Thanks, I figured she was the main builder/designer.  I hope the people around her note show are issued OSHA approved sound canceling headphones.

not to mention how fake/staged that scream is

i used to watch the show but it got to be more about how cute and quirky she and her mom are than the actual work on the house

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Holy crap! Look! Martha got her eyelids lifted & probably some Lasik surgery, too.  No wonder they got a puppet.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/26XD/medicare-advantage-advisors-meet-medicare-martha-enrollment-period

Good for her!  Martha looks good and isn't acting so crazy and cantankerous as in the earlier ads.  This commercial isn't so bad, as far as Medicare ads go.  At least there's no screaming, shouting, singing or dancing.  I haven't seen the puppet one though.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, xls said:

Gawd could this be anymore condescending?

Those giant glasses! Where do you even buy glasses that huge? Are they from the Andre the Giant collection? (I love Andre the Giant, so no offense intended, but he was a very large person)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I like her a lot more than "ALLAN! WHY HAVEN'T YOU CALLED!!"  bitch.

I've seen them both and don't like either...especially puppet Martha that one is just way over the top it is embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 11/4/2022 at 11:52 PM, xls said:

And she got 'that 9.95 life insurance plan' !

And that $9.95 per month will net her heirs a ridiculously low inheiritance!

($9.95 x 12 months = $119.40 out of pocket annually.  The benefit you receive as you get older gets LOWER with every year you live.  A 77 year old and 50 year old will both pay $9.95 for one unit of insurance, but the 77 year old's payout will be $503 vs the 50 year old's $1,786.  Such a scam.)

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 5

There's another cheap "end of life" insurance commercial that's driving me nuts. The black woman with the long hair, who's not even LOOKING at her son while she talks to him. She's obviously reading off a prompter. The acting by both her and her "son" are laughable. "Yeah, that would be horrible."  Your mom's debts would be horrible, but her dying isn't?

• Like 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Woman on TV: I've lost 90 pounds on Golo.

Me: Shingles doesn't care!

Is that the same woman who speaks so oddly?  "Look what Golo has done...look what it has done!"  "Go, Golo!"

I mock her voice every time it comes on (which is a lot).

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • Love 1

Best Foods/Hellman's has always been my favorite mayo  for grilled cheese or tuna. I have been experimenting though. Bought some Kewpie Japanese mayo that is not bad and a small jar of Dukes I haven't opened yet. Haven't made up my mind yet which is the best. Don't want so many opened jars of mayo in refridge. Also tried Sir Kingstons's mayo sample size and it was a non starter for me.

I just watched the full-length Hellman's leftover ad, and they show a variety of leftovers being used to make a new dish. I think the last one was something like a chicken pasta veggies dish. If you go to Hellman's website, they have a lot of recipes for using Hellman's in leftovers. From Hellman's website, it looks like they are touting Hellman's and leftovers as a way to reduce food waste.

• Applause 2

Is that the mother of those filthy Kardashian whores who personally reviewed her daughter's sex tapes to figure out which one would be best, pimping Shutterfly for your Christmas cards?  >:-(  

Yeah, as if we're to believe that's what they use for theirs.

Edited by Gharlane
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2